Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bloomer Legacy (A Build Newcrest Story): Complete

Comments

• ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    edited July 2015
  • BlindxSecretsBlindxSecrets Posts: 652 Member
    @ThePlumbob I'm loving this legacy! I just finished reading all of it and Kirk is flat out awesome. He's so unique and good looking! Loved his makeover, too. I'm glad he married Miranda, she was my favorite out of all the women you featured. I gotta admit though, Ruby dying at a weenie roast was surprising! I've never had a Sim die during an event like that haha. This sounds like a very interesting challenge....I'd give it a shot if I was any good at building. Lmao. I'm so horrible at it (decorating I love, though).

Anyway, great read and I'm definitely saving this thread so I can keep up!
    The Noble Legacy (A Prettacy)
    Origin ID: BlindxSecrets
    edited July 2015
    @ThePlumbob I'm loving this legacy! I just finished reading all of it and Kirk is flat out awesome. He's so unique and good looking! Loved his makeover, too. I'm glad he married Miranda, she was my favorite out of all the women you featured. I gotta admit though, Ruby dying at a weenie roast was surprising! I've never had a Sim die during an event like that haha. This sounds like a very interesting challenge....I'd give it a shot if I was any good at building. Lmao. I'm so horrible at it (decorating I love, though).

Anyway, great read and I'm definitely saving this thread so I can keep up!

Thank you so much! I did try to make Kirk interesting in terms of looks, though I wouldn't call him good looking per say - you may have spent too much time looking at Handsome :D I was a bit reluctant to go with Maranda because she was just so perfect, but Kirk was crazy about her from the start and there was little I could do about it! I thought if he ends up with her there will be no drama in the family, but boy I was wrong, that weenie roast took care of drama for (sim) years to come! :)

I'm not much of a builder myself, I always struggle with roofs, but I wanted to try a new aspect of playing, and so far the building part has been going fairly well :) You should definitely give it a shot!
    Post edited by ThePlumbob on
    edited July 2015
    New chapter - Isaac hits puberty and it's a difficult time for everyone:
    2.5 The Mean Teen
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    The picture with the bottle in the glass: I first thought that was green jelly lol And this Luxury party dress looked so good! Still not getting it, though.
    Cool chapter! If Isaac becomes too much, maybe you should also sent him to the "Mrs. Hermit's Teenager Bootcamp" i sent my girls to when they were constantly fighting ;)

• iheartdinosx3iheartdinosx3 Posts: 895 Member
    First time I've read a Build Newcrest Challenge and I really like the idea of it. Love your story keep it up! :3
    edited July 2015
    marcellala wrote: »
    The picture with the bottle in the glass: I first thought that was green jelly lol And this Luxury party dress looked so good! Still not getting it, though.
    Cool chapter! If Isaac becomes too much, maybe you should also sent him to the "Mrs. Hermit's Teenager Bootcamp" i sent my girls to when they were constantly fighting ;)

Haha it does kind of appear like that now that I look at it again! Isaac sure is quite a handful so maybe I'll have to consider that :) he's stressing both myself and his parents out.

As for Luxury Party Stuff, I don't think I would have gotten the pack had I known how much other content was coming out so soon. Oh well!
    Post edited by ThePlumbob on
    First time I've read a Build Newcrest Challenge and I really like the idea of it. Love your story keep it up! :3

Thank you! It's a fairly new spin on the legacy, but I have a feeling it will get pretty popular :)
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    ThePlumbob wrote: »

Haha it does kind of apper like that now that I look at it again! Isaac sure is quite a handful so maybe I'll have to consider that :) he's stressing both myself and his parents out.

As for Luxury Party Stuff, I don't think I would have gotten the pack had I known how much other content was coming out so soon. Oh well!

I have seen the dresses used for aliens and they are the best fit for them. That's why i'm a little tempted (i love aliens!), but not enough.

Haha it does kind of apper like that now that I look at it again! Isaac sure is quite a handful so maybe I'll have to consider that :) he's stressing both myself and his parents out.

I have seen the dresses used for aliens and they are the best fit for them. That's why i'm a little tempted (i love aliens!), but not enough.

Ah yes there's one that's an especially good fit for an alien!
    edited July 2015
    Sneak peak: A new starter home, built as the first house for the affordable neighbourhood:

qxPqVH.png

edited July 2015
    I've uploaded the starter home featured in chapter 2.6 on the gallery in case anyone wants it, it's up for grabs here.
  • RivieRivie Posts: 782 Member
    That's a very cute house! I always struggle when it comes to that. I know what I want but when it's time to make it, it looks weird lol
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    Kingson Family thread - Updates, Behind the scenes, Sneak peeks and more...
    The Abandoned Lot - Kingson family How the story begins...
    Rivie wrote: »
    That's a very cute house! I always struggle when it comes to that. I know what I want but when it's time to make it, it looks weird lol

@Rivie Thank you! I'm fine when it comes to starter homes, but once it's a medium size to large home, I get very predictable - all of my bigger houses are extremely symmetrical :D

• Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    Mahahahahaha, I swear this is the best sentence of chapter 3:

“Please Grim she’s so young! She’s made some questionable style choices, but there is no need for such a harsh punishment! I’ll never forgive myself!”

I laughed my 🐸🐸🐸🐸 off even though it was sad that Ruby died but I couldn't help myself xD
    JulyaVee wrote: »
    Mahahahahaha, I swear this is the best sentence of chapter 3:

“Please Grim she’s so young! She’s made some questionable style choices, but there is no need for such a harsh punishment! I’ll never forgive myself!”

I laughed my 🐸🐸🐸🐸 off even though it was sad that Ruby died but I couldn't help myself xD

@JulyaVee Haha! I tried to take the edge off the situation a bit, didn't want it to get too dark. I'm like that in real life too tbh, when things get too serious I make uncomfortable jokes :)

Thanks for reading!
    Oh my days, this story is great and makes me laugh in every chapter. This was my favourite sentence from the last one I read:

Overwhelmed with joy, Kirk decides to keep the next fish he catches as a family pet rather than mounting it. Seeing as it’s a gold fish, it probably makes more sense anyway. Meet Steve, who narrowly escaped death.

Hahahahaha, lucky Steve.
    edited July 2015

@Rivie Thank you! I'm fine when it comes to starter homes, but once it's a medium size to large home, I get very predictable - all of my bigger houses are extremely symmetrical :D

I think symmetry is awesome lol
    My castle really proves that I think that, well sort of
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    Oh my days, this story is great and makes me laugh in every chapter. This was my favourite sentence from the last one I read:

Overwhelmed with joy, Kirk decides to keep the next fish he catches as a family pet rather than mounting it. Seeing as it’s a gold fish, it probably makes more sense anyway. Meet Steve, who narrowly escaped death.

Hahahahaha, lucky Steve.

Thank you, I'm so glad you're enjoying the story! I think Steve might just outlive the whole legacy!

Hehe agreed, symmetry is the way forward! Is there a floor plan of your castle on your blog? I think I may have missed it if there is!
    And again, I laughed so hard at that picture of Maranda being the sea monster. You never fail to disappoint!
    edited July 2015

Hehe agreed, symmetry is the way forward! Is there a floor plan of your castle on your blog? I think I may have missed it if there is!

No, I don't have the inside planned yet. I still don't know what to do with all the space or how to rearrange things. I'm thinking each heir will change things according to their needs.
    Maybe just to see how it progresses, once Ash is in charge of the castle, becomes a YA, I'll add floorplans of the previous generation's castle.
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    And again, I laughed so hard at that picture of Maranda being the sea monster. You never fail to disappoint!

Ah I just love it when grown ups play as a sea monster - never gets old! And thanks so much for all of your positive feedback <3

No, I don't have the inside planned yet. I still don't know what to do with all the space or how to rearrange things. I'm thinking each heir will change things according to their needs.
    Maybe just to see how it progresses, once Ash is in charge of the castle, becomes a YA, I'll add floorplans of the previous generation's castle.

Phew, glad I didn't miss anything! Yeah I think it makes sense to update the home every generation to make it suit them :) I'd love to see the layout of your castle so I do hope you'll share it when it's ready - it looks like such an ambitious build! I bet it probably won't be fully done for generations!