Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bloomer Legacy (A Build Newcrest Story): Complete

Comments

• RivieRivie Posts: 782 Member
    It probably won't lol I have ideas about what I want to do with it on generation 6 and 7 lol. Very far into the future. :lol:
    I'm so excited for them, got to think about names. Oh by the way if you run across a really cool name that would fit into one of the stories but not directly related, I'd be super happy if you suggest it :smile:
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    Kingson Family thread - Updates, Behind the scenes, Sneak peeks and more...
    The Abandoned Lot - Kingson family How the story begins...
  • Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    edited July 2015
    As soon as he had a bit of his birthday cake, the first thing Isaac proceeded to do was trolling the forums. Be afraid Internet, be very afraid.

I am so afraid right now xD to bad, Isaac is a mean teen!

"Gotta document my awesome awesomeness"

Can't wait for more really. Build Newcrest challenge sounds interesting. Do you have the rules anywhere? Also how are you using the family funds to build the homes?
    Post edited by Julyvee94 on
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Rivie wrote: »
    It probably won't lol I have ideas about what I want to do with it on generation 6 and 7 lol. Very far into the future. :lol:
    I'm so excited for them, got to think about names. Oh by the way if you run across a really cool name that would fit into one of the stories but not directly related, I'd be super happy if you suggest it :smile:

Ooh I'll keep that in mind if I come across anything good! I haven't really read the Disney legacy rules past Cinderella since I want to keep an element of surprise, but my curiosity will probably end up getting me eventually!
    JulyaVee wrote: »
    As soon as he had a bit of his birthday cake, the first thing Isaac proceeded to do was trolling the forums. Be afraid Internet, be very afraid.

I am so afraid right now xD to bad, Isaac is a mean teen!

"Gotta document my awesome awesomeness"

Can't wait for more really. Build Newcrest challenge sounds interesting. Do you have the rules anywhere? Also how are you using the family funds to build the homes?

Haha I know, the mean trait combined with the teenage angst... he's a delight (not) :D

It's a really fun challenge to play, and I like that it forces me to build, which I wouldn't normally do, but it's spaced out enough for me to handle it. The official challenge rules and backstory are here.

As for using my household's money to fund the new homes, I use the money cheat to deduct the correct amount of money from their account. For instance, if I build a starter home for 20,000 and the family has 23,000 in the bank, I type "Money 3,000" into the cheat window (I think you may need to enable testing cheats first for this to work). That's also how I adjusted Kirk's funds at the beginning to make him start with 0.

I do need to point out that the challenge doesn't require you to start with 0 funds or take your household's money for the new builds... I just don't like my sims getting too rich too quickly, so I added that as a personal rule :)
  • BgBn7510BgBn7510 Posts: 100 Member
    You did a good job at building the park.. I may try this challenge at some point. Not sure though when. I have a family in there right now but I may exsit them and restart and bulzone the lot and restart.
    My Sims Stories
    Origin ID: Lindz200611
    BgBn7510 wrote: »
    You did a good job at building the park.. I may try this challenge at some point. Not sure though when. I have a family in there right now but I may exsit them and restart and bulzone the lot and restart.

@BgBn7510 Thank you! It's a pretty great challenge (I must sound like I'm stuck on repeat haha), I highly recommend giving it a go :)
    ThePlumbob wrote: »

Ooh I'll keep that in mind if I come across anything good! I haven't really read the Disney legacy rules past Cinderella since I want to keep an element of surprise, but my curiosity will probably end up getting me eventually!

Lol, some look really tough. But you don't need to know much about the rules if you don't want to read them. It's just in case you run into a name that sounds it could come from one of the stories Princess and the frog, sleeping beauty, frozen, tangled, beauty and the beast, mulan, aladdin, brave. :smile: you don't have to come up with a name though.
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png

Lol, some look really tough. But you don't need to know much about the rules if you don't want to read them. It's just in case you run into a name that sounds it could come from one of the stories Princess and the frog, sleeping beauty, frozen, tangled, beauty and the beast, mulan, aladdin, brave. :smile: you don't have to come up with a name though.

If I was playing sleeping beauty, I'd probably name her Raizel, which means rose in Yiddish (actually I name my sims that fairly often regardless, it's one of my favorite names haha) .

If I was playing sleeping beauty, I'd probably name her Raizel, which means rose in Yiddish (actually I name my sims that fairly often regardless, it's one of my favorite names haha) .

Ooh, yes. When I was thinking of the first gen kids' names, I tried to find words in other languages but for some reason couldn't find any I liked.
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    @ThePlumbob I was wondering something, How did you change the last name in game (i hate the fact it doe not autoatially do this once they marry)? I would love to know the secerct change the last name for the legacies? Cool update :smile:
    My Sims Stories

Ooh, yes. When I was thinking of the first gen kids' names, I tried to find words in other languages but for some reason couldn't find any I liked.

I can never think of names when my sims are born and usually panic :D
    @ThePlumbob I was wondering something, How did you change the last name in game (i hate the fact it doe not autoatially do this once they marry)? I would love to know the secerct change the last name for the legacies? Cool update :smile:

It's a cheat that allows you to go into CAS without any restrictions. First you'll need to open the cheat window (Ctrl+Shift+C) and type testingcheats on and hit Enter. Then type in cas.fulleditmode and voila, if you go into CAS now (through the mirror or by pressing Shift, right clicking on your sim and selecting Edit in CAS) you can edit absolutely anything about them!
    > @ThePlumbob said:
    > BgBn7510 wrote: »
    >
    > ThePlumbob I was wondering something, How did you change the last name in game (i hate the fact it doe not autoatially do this once they marry)? I would love to know the secerct change the last name for the legacies? Cool update :smile:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It's a cheat that allows you to go into CAS without any restrictions. First you'll need to open the cheat window (Ctrl+Shift+C) and type testingcheats on and hit Enter. Then type in cas.fulleditmode and voila, if you go into CAS now (through the mirror or by pressing Shift, right clicking on your sim and selecting Edit in CAS) you can edit absolutely anything about them!

Thanks I am going to have remember that if I can. and right it down. Thank for the help.
    My Sims Stories
    I am on my way to redue this challenge and maybe recreate my sim website... on Wordpress.
    My Sims Stories
    Good chapter! I am actually glad Isaac doesn't get everything he wants with his plum behaivour. Btw, this was the BEST picture like EVER
    http://theplumbob.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/135-1024x576.jpg

and again you let me laugh so hard XD
    I am on my way to redue this challenge and maybe recreate my sim website... on Wordpress.

Have fun! :)

Good chapter! I am actually glad Isaac doesn't get everything he wants with his plum behaivour. Btw, this was the BEST picture like EVER
    http://theplumbob.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/135-1024x576.jpg

and again you let me laugh so hard XD

@JulyaVee Oh yeah, I don't think Isaac has many friends at the moment - well apart from Pace, but he annoys me :D Thank you so much for your lovely comments!
    So... I decided to update early because I'm quite excited about this one! Here's chapter 2.8 - The Sweet Boy!
    Yay! It's not who I thought it was but awesome chapter :smile:
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    edited July 2015
    Yay! It's not who I thought it was but awesome chapter :smile:

@Rivie Thank you! Who did you think it was? Juanita? :)
    DUM DUM DUUUUM :D great chapter!

Thank you! :)
    I feel kinda dumb right now but what does Updated 7/9 or updated 7/7 etc. mean. I've seen it around a lot lately
    Oh it's just the date when the last story chapter/update was posted - usually in the American format (I would normally go with European but since the majority of users here seem to be from the US, I've adapted :))