Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

People using LOL ironically and incorretly

Comments

• Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,573 Member
    I think the issue here are not the buttons like a post or disagree with a post or lol are not in question I think no matter the age its a question of respect we are all simmers no matter or country or language, the hing is that we need to respect each other 1 as simmers and 2 the fact that when we post on the forum about content we went to see back or new ideas for future content the key word is respect.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    trollnexustrollnexus Posts: 508 Member
    Honestly the buttons mean nothing to me; the problem really is a lack of respect and maturity. We all need to learn to listen to differing opinions, and if we don't like them, we need to at least be able to accept their right to exist. If we don't enjoy the conversation, we can just shake our heads and walk away. That is the one luxury of being online--there's no one to grab your arm and force you to stay in a bad conversation. And if they keep harassing you through other means, you can block them or get a moderator involved to do their job.

The onus of responsibility is on us to treat others with respect and on the moderators to make sure rules are enforced. Many people keep talking about "Oh it's just online, it's not like real life," but online is part of life, too. Some people are interacting online more often than they interact in person. If you're a bully on the internet, that doesn't make you any less awful than someone that's a bully in person. And you can't separate the online you from the in-person you--eventually, those parts of you will bleed into each other, because you're just one person. What happens if your behavior affects your "real" life? Jobs have been lost over less.

So a button? Whatever. I don't even look at the numbers. What matters to me at the end of the day is how people treat me, and how I treat them.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Now the "disagree" button says "Zagadoo" instead. Is that simlish for disagree? :D I feel like it's April Fools.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Now the "disagree" button says "Zagadoo" instead. Is that simlish for disagree? :D I feel like it's April Fools.

Lol I dunno.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    JenzupJenzup Posts: 1,620 Member
    edited August 2015
    Now that you mention it Zagadoo isn't that in one of the songs in Sims? I think I remember hearing that in Sims2 console anyway. What is it supposed to mean on this site?
    Well apparently you can't Zagadoo your own post just tried and got a "you can't react to your own post" message so at least I know it a reactionary button now.
    :o They listened and gave us toddlers! Thanks Devs your work is appreciated.
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    @jenzup as Cabelle said it's just simlish for "disagree". :)
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    Just wanted to post info that people are still abusing lol. Adding disagrees didn't stop this for me.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Just wanted to post info that people are still abusing lol. Adding disagrees didn't stop this for me.

Did you really expect anything to change? At some point everyone gets LOLs on serious posts. People also get zagadoos for strange reasons. When you have a situation that isn't going to change you can either continue to be upset by it or you can realize that some poor person who doesn't have the ability to string a coherent sentence together only has the ability to click a button has done so. They just don't have the basic skills to communicate. I choose to feel bad for them.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    edited August 2015

Did you really expect anything to change? At some point everyone gets LOLs on serious posts. People also get zagadoos for strange reasons. When you have a situation that isn't going to change you can either continue to be upset by it or you can realize that some poor person who doesn't have the ability to string a coherent sentence together only has the ability to click a button has done so. They just don't have the basic skills to communicate. I choose to feel bad for them.
    Exactly. The job of a troll is to try and create negativity. Choosing not to buy into that takes away the trolls power. There's enough crapitude in life without allowing some pathetic twit to ruin your day.
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member

This =)
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options

Im not upset in the least, Im just merely pointing out that adding disagrees didn't change a thing.
  • Options

Im not upset in the least, Im just merely pointing out that adding disagrees didn't change a thing.

If it doesn't bother you why even bring it up?

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options

Because the disagree button was added to avoid the abuse of LOL button and I thought this information would be useful to the mods.
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member

Because the disagree button was added to avoid the abuse of LOL button and I thought this information would be useful to the mods.

The disagree button was added so people can disagree.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options

I think the mods have more to deal with than the fact that someone clicked a button.

• Options

I think the mods have more to deal with than the fact that someone clicked a button.

The mods are here to enforce the rules and abusing the buttons is against the rules. I was specifically asked to inform both @SimStaffGabriel & @SimGuruDrake if I saw any abuse, so here I am.

Why do you take such issue with me reporting my findings to them? It has nothing to do with you.
  • Options

The mods are here to enforce the rules and abusing the buttons is against the rules. I was specifically asked to inform both @SimStaffGabriel & @SimGuruDrake if I saw any abuse, so here I am.

Why do you take such issue with me reporting my findings to them? It has nothing to do with you.

Well since you just posted that you were specifically asked to report I had no way of knowing that did I? I guess I must have been in error to think the mods could possibly have more important things to do than chase after people who clicked a button. I see more problems in the forum than some clown that thinks it's funny to click a button.

As far as having anything to do with me you couldn't be more wrong. Every time someone manufactures outrage over something like clicking a button they are creating the potential of something else being taken away from the forums. I know a lot of people are tired of a few trying to upset things for the many. So now please feel free to have the last word because I'm done with the discussion.

• Options

Well since you just posted that you were specifically asked to report I had no way of knowing that did I?

Well, I didn't think I'd have to justify my posting about it, lol.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member

thanks for noting this. im sure like me your concern is more for folks more sensitive to the misuse and not yourself and since this is a forum that includes minors i myself think thats important.

and i too have seen a continued misuse of the LOL buttons by some. i truly appreciate the recent changes by simgurudrake but because the problem hasnt been fully radiated i humbly make another plug for allowing us to see again who selects the buttons. o:) i still think its hard to abuse a privilege if its knowable by all.

• Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited August 2015
    xBob18 wrote: »
    This is just ridiculous, life is to damnn short be getting upset over some lol's on a forum...sigh :(

Its one thing if a sim gets loled, i agree thats silly. But I posted that I was traumatized and attempted suicide after my dad passed and people LOL it. In fact I just got another lol on the post on my wall. People dont realize tiny things like that can make a situation 10x worse for some especially if someones life is on the line. If people want to laugh when someone is so upset they attempt to end their life thats on them.

Again, its funny how only ONE user has no lols on his post while everyone else does. Slick rick over here lol.
    yep, those 6.2k LOLs were self-inflicted.

I meant on this thread. Funny how everyone is getting loled but you, even the posts about people talking about people attempting to take their life.
    So, in short, you're accusing me of being the LOL troll?

In this thread, yes.
    And by the way, you should stop spreading false information around like that. I'm not a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 LOL troll, and I think it's disgusting how you're accusing me of such a thing just because "my posts have no LOLs" (my first two have). You *think* you know but you don't. You sicken me.

Spreading false info? Thats the only post I made about it lmao but hey if the shoe fits.
    Yet you still implied it on your wall. Go PM a Guru if you want proof, I don't have to show you anything.

I don't believe I said anything about you on my wall. Again, nothing to get mad over if you had nothing to do with it lol :p
    I AM going to get mad over it because you must think I'm some disgusting human being for me to LOL crap like that. Try being in my shoes.

How about you try being in MY shoes having my father pass and trying to get it off my chest and having nothing but people LOLing it and making fake accounts to spam my wall saying my dad called and he doesn't love me etc. Having people tell me to grow up and get over it, to stop posting here altogether. If you can't see why I am getting defensive then sorry but it is extremely frustrating to me. And usually when one persons posts has no lols and the rest of them in the thread do its kind of obvious who did it since you cant lol your own posts. If I'm wrong then I apologize but I'm so sick of this.

I know this is an older post and I am sorry that this happened to you. But I still don't understand why people insist on posting something so personal for the entire world to see. I understand that you may have many friends on the forum, but when you make a post, you're not making it to just those friends. I mean, isn't that what PMs are for? What's stopping anyone from creating a PM group message to their closest friends?

I know it's a sensitive subject, but this IS the Internet. Out of the thousands of people who view this forum, you don't think there will be at least ONE 🐸🐸🐸🐸 in the bunch? Of course there will be. So to protect yourself, keep private matters private.
  • Options
    JenzupJenzup Posts: 1,620 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    This is just ridiculous, life is to damnn short be getting upset over some lol's on a forum...sigh :(

Its one thing if a sim gets loled, i agree thats silly. But I posted that I was traumatized and attempted suicide after my dad passed and people LOL it. In fact I just got another lol on the post on my wall. People dont realize tiny things like that can make a situation 10x worse for some especially if someones life is on the line. If people want to laugh when someone is so upset they attempt to end their life thats on them.

Again, its funny how only ONE user has no lols on his post while everyone else does. Slick rick over here lol.
    yep, those 6.2k LOLs were self-inflicted.

I meant on this thread. Funny how everyone is getting loled but you, even the posts about people talking about people attempting to take their life.
    So, in short, you're accusing me of being the LOL troll?

In this thread, yes.
    And by the way, you should stop spreading false information around like that. I'm not a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 LOL troll, and I think it's disgusting how you're accusing me of such a thing just because "my posts have no LOLs" (my first two have). You *think* you know but you don't. You sicken me.

Spreading false info? Thats the only post I made about it lmao but hey if the shoe fits.
    Yet you still implied it on your wall. Go PM a Guru if you want proof, I don't have to show you anything.

I don't believe I said anything about you on my wall. Again, nothing to get mad over if you had nothing to do with it lol :p
    I AM going to get mad over it because you must think I'm some disgusting human being for me to LOL crap like that. Try being in my shoes.

How about you try being in MY shoes having my father pass and trying to get it off my chest and having nothing but people LOLing it and making fake accounts to spam my wall saying my dad called and he doesn't love me etc. Having people tell me to grow up and get over it, to stop posting here altogether. If you can't see why I am getting defensive then sorry but it is extremely frustrating to me. And usually when one persons posts has no lols and the rest of them in the thread do its kind of obvious who did it since you cant lol your own posts. If I'm wrong then I apologize but I'm so sick of this.

I know this is an older post and I am sorry that this happened to you. But I still don't understand why people insist on posting something so personal for the entire world to see. I understand that you may have many friends on the forum, but when you make a post, you're not making it to just those friends. I mean, isn't that what PMs are for? What's stopping anyone from creating a PM group message to their closest friends?

I know it's a sensitive subject, but this IS the Internet. Out of the thousands of people who view this forum, you don't think there will be at least ONE 🐸🐸🐸🐸 in the bunch? Of course there will be. So to protect yourself, keep private matters private.

^^^That right there is just some very good advice and so I felt it needed to be quoted and yes I awesomed your post. I like the additional buttons, I was going to put new but I haven't been here for a while and am not sure how long we've had them, so they're new to me. I like that insightful button I've seen some posts in the past I'd love to use it on and now am looking forward to using it on an insightful post. Happy Simming people.
    :o They listened and gave us toddlers! Thanks Devs your work is appreciated.
  • Options
    HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    :)                
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    @Rflong7 You asked me not to quote you or talk to you anymore in a recent thread. How is it fair that you can speak with me and quote me?

Anyway, it isn't my fault people abused the lols. I simply reported what I saw, and the gurus took action.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,590 Member
    edited October 2015
    @Rflong7 You asked me not to quote you or talk to you anymore in a recent thread. How is it fair that you can speak with me and quote me?

I apologize for my reaction over coming that request... Just- OMFGoodness.

We are now even and can go on ignoring each other. Thank you- Rflong7, Out.

*And I didn't tell anyone who I meant... :innocent: