Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

People using LOL ironically and incorretly

Comments

• Options
    CatMomSenpaiCatMomSenpai Posts: 16 New Member
    People are feeling victimized by receiving likes and lols?
    Funny, I can use a few to become a member right about now.
    Anyway. If you receive a like or a lol just remember that such things are up for interpretation. Maybe they found something funny in your post that you didn't notice?

Either way keep your chin up darling and don't let something so insignificant get you into a fuss.

~Karen
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,660 Member
    Anyway. If you receive a like or a lol just remember that such things are up for interpretation. Maybe they found something funny in your post that you didn't notice?

Either way keep your chin up darling and don't let something so insignificant get you into a fuss.

~Karen
    Hi, and welcome to the forum :mrgreen:

That post was full of truth. :)

• Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Jenzup wrote: »
    Wow thread necromancy AND a fight! Hello everyone I guess let the fireworks begin? Why can't we all just get along? So you go to old threads to fight on to get them deleted? NOT understanding this.

LOL or OMG Don't know which!
  • Options
    CatMomSenpaiCatMomSenpai Posts: 16 New Member
    @Astro thank you so much for the welcome! :)

I would have quoted you but it doesn't work well for us new members. Perhaps another time.
    I'm happy to see that not everyone is troubled in a fighting mood.

~Karen
  • Options
    @Astro thank you so much for the welcome! :)

I would have quoted you but it doesn't work well for us new members. Perhaps another time.
    I'm happy to see that not everyone is troubled in a fighting mood.

~Karen
    You'll become a member in no time! :D

And hope you enjoy it here. :)
  • Options
    MzB06MzB06 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited July 2015
    Idk if any one suggested this throughout the 18 pages, but I second or third a Maybe or a Idk option. :)
  • Options
    MzB06MzB06 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    "Love It!" =Cookie Button! :cookie:

I like this one as well for an option. :)
  • Options
    HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member

~Karen

It's not a matter of feeling victimized; they are making it something offensive. I saw posts where people were talking about diseases who were LOLed for no reason.
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • Options
    JenzupJenzup Posts: 1,620 Member
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    Jenzup wrote: »
    Wow thread necromancy AND a fight! Hello everyone I guess let the fireworks begin? Why can't we all just get along? So you go to old threads to fight on to get them deleted? NOT understanding this.

LOL or OMG Don't know which!

wait we don't have an OMG button?

:o They listened and gave us toddlers! Thanks Devs your work is appreciated.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,006 Member
    I do think that people, in general, need to grow a 'thicker' skin and learn how to take criticism. It's not always meant as a personal attack. And I refuse to play the victim. I'm a survivor. Roll with the punch, peeps, that's the only way to get through life, intact. Humor is also a help. I use LOL when the post amuses me. If I have something to say about it, I'll post with a quote or @ the poster. Beyond that I'll hit the like button if I like what's said.

Remember, we're here to discuss a game we all enjoy (or in some cases, are hoping to enjoy) and we don't need to bash each other in the process. Buttons were removed through the gross abuse of them. Don't expect them to return.

But, as my Father always said, "It's okay to ask."
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    branlielvsSimsbranlielvsSims Posts: 2 New Member
    edited July 2015
    > @sunshineandsimoleons said:
    > xBob18 wrote: »
    >
    > brookesaywhatx wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > BrittanyChick22 wrote: »
    >
    > This is just ridiculous, life is to damnn short be getting upset over some lol's on a forum...sigh :(
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Its one thing if a sim gets loled, i agree thats silly. But I posted that I was traumatized and attempted suicide after my dad passed and people LOL it. In fact I just got another lol on the post on my wall. People dont realize tiny things like that can make a situation 10x worse for some especially if someones life is on the line. If people want to laugh when someone is so upset they attempt to end their life thats on them.
    >
    > Again, its funny how only ONE user has no lols on his post while everyone else does. Slick rick over here lol.
    >
    >
    >
    > yep, those 6.2k LOLs were self-inflicted.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I meant on this thread. Funny how everyone is getting loled but you, even the posts about people talking about people attempting to take their life.
    >
    >
    >
    > So, in short, you're accusing me of being the LOL troll?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > In this thread, yes.
    >
    >
    >
    > And by the way, you should stop spreading false information around like that. I'm not a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 LOL troll, and I think it's disgusting how you're accusing me of such a thing just because "my posts have no LOLs" (my first two have). You *think* you know but you don't. You sicken me.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Spreading false info? Thats the only post I made about it lmao but hey if the shoe fits.
    >
    >
    >
    > Yet you still implied it on your wall. Go PM a Guru if you want proof, I don't have to show you anything.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I don't believe I said anything about you on my wall. Again, nothing to get mad over if you had nothing to do with it lol :p
    >
    >
    >
    > I AM going to get mad over it because you must think I'm some disgusting human being for me to LOL crap like that. Try being in my shoes.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > How about you try being in MY shoes having my father pass and trying to get it off my chest and having nothing but people LOLing it and making fake accounts to spam my wall saying my dad called and he doesn't love me etc. Having people tell me to grow up and get over it, to stop posting here altogether. If you can't see why I am getting defensive then sorry but it is extremely frustrating to me. And usually when one persons posts has no lols and the rest of them in the thread do its kind of obvious who did it since you cant lol your own posts. If I'm wrong then I apologize but I'm so sick of this. [END QUOTE]

Why are you playing the victim? You are a lol troll yourself, and a very insidious, very conniving person. The type of person that acts all innocent, meanwhile churning out LOLs for people you dislike (and over a dumb game) & gossiping every chance you get. If you don't care for other people's feelings, why should they care for yours? You think you're a special snowflake, and when someone calls you out on your nonsense, you cry foul. You'd throw your best friend under the bus if it suited you and your massive ego, and not think twice about it or look back.

Good to know you're in jail. It should've happened long ago. Strange how you changed your profile name right after the lol troll business. What's wrong? Got caught red-handed being one of the lol trolls? I don't think changing your username's going to help.
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited July 2015
    > @sunshineandsimoleons said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > BrittanyChick22 wrote: »
    >
    > This is just ridiculous, life is to damnn short be getting upset over some lol's on a forum...sigh :(
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Its one thing if a sim gets loled, i agree thats silly. But I posted that I was traumatized and attempted suicide after my dad passed and people LOL it. In fact I just got another lol on the post on my wall. People dont realize tiny things like that can make a situation 10x worse for some especially if someones life is on the line. If people want to laugh when someone is so upset they attempt to end their life thats on them.
    >
    > Again, its funny how only ONE user has no lols on his post while everyone else does. Slick rick over here lol.
    >
    >
    >
    > yep, those 6.2k LOLs were self-inflicted.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I meant on this thread. Funny how everyone is getting loled but you, even the posts about people talking about people attempting to take their life.
    >
    >
    >
    > So, in short, you're accusing me of being the LOL troll?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > In this thread, yes.
    >
    >
    >
    > And by the way, you should stop spreading false information around like that. I'm not a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 LOL troll, and I think it's disgusting how you're accusing me of such a thing just because "my posts have no LOLs" (my first two have). You *think* you know but you don't. You sicken me.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Spreading false info? Thats the only post I made about it lmao but hey if the shoe fits.
    >
    >
    >
    > Yet you still implied it on your wall. Go PM a Guru if you want proof, I don't have to show you anything.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I don't believe I said anything about you on my wall. Again, nothing to get mad over if you had nothing to do with it lol :p
    >
    >
    >
    > I AM going to get mad over it because you must think I'm some disgusting human being for me to LOL crap like that. Try being in my shoes.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > How about you try being in MY shoes having my father pass and trying to get it off my chest and having nothing but people LOLing it and making fake accounts to spam my wall saying my dad called and he doesn't love me etc. Having people tell me to grow up and get over it, to stop posting here altogether. If you can't see why I am getting defensive then sorry but it is extremely frustrating to me. And usually when one persons posts has no lols and the rest of them in the thread do its kind of obvious who did it since you cant lol your own posts. If I'm wrong then I apologize but I'm so sick of this. [END QUOTE]

Why are you playing the victim? You are a lol troll yourself, and a very insidious, very conniving person. The type of person that acts all innocent, meanwhile churning out LOLs for people you dislike (and over a dumb game) & gossiping every chance you get. If you don't care for other people's feelings, why should they care for yours? You think you're a special snowflake, and when someone calls you out on your nonsense, you cry foul. You'd throw your best friend under the bus if it suited you and your massive ego, and not think twice about it or look back.

Good to know you're in jail. It should've happened long ago. Strange how you changed your profile name right after the lol troll business. What's wrong? Got caught red-handed being one of the lol trolls? I don't think changing your username's going to help.

Quoting a post of mine thats over a month old, after making a new account just to post this. Feeling loved. Thanks for thinking of me <3

And literally everyone knows its me LOL im not trying to hide.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    JulyaVee wrote: »
    @sunshineandsimoleons you changed your username? How did you do it?

PM @SimGuruDrake :)
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,573 Member
    Hello to all sims gurus,

i would like to request the permenant removal of the lol button it is nothing but trouble i have just made a serious topic here about a feature i would like to see return http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/846142/i-hope-after-the-cool-kitchen-sp-we-will-get-a-stuffpack-containing-workable-washers-and-dryers#latest that i love when it was brough in the sims3.

Thank you for considering this request
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Huh?

Good luck with that. :)
  • Options
    Astro wrote: »
    Huh?

Good luck with that. :)

maybe you should look at other forum where there is no such button
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    @sunshineandsimoleons you changed your username? How did you do it?

the answer is easy just write on @SimGuruDrake wall or pm @SimGuruDrake

• Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    Lols are seriously being used as a replacement to disagree now. Just remove them..
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,922 Member
    Some of the misplaced "lols" are indeed due to reading posts on very small screens, especially mobile smartphones.

I would suggest an option to reverse a mistake of a "click" lol instead of "move" page up.

A lot of newspapers are particularly bad at putting the red dislike arrow at the extreme right of the screen.
  • Options
    BoothBiscuitBoothBiscuit Posts: 62 Member
    I don't think it should be fully removed, but there should be an option to disable it for your own profile. Getting loled on a serious post is a terrible feeling, tbh. I can get over it, I suppose, but it did affect me in a harmful way for... a few minutes. I don't know, it'd be more convenient for people, especially for those who got loled on posts about a irl death or a health issue. Small things like that can mess with people, badly. This isn't even a special snowflake situation here, as it seems a lot of people are getting upset about this. So, again, there should be an option.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Did you ever look at the fact that when you get LOLed you are getting positive forum points?
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    Did you ever look at the fact that when you get LOLed you are getting positive forum points?

that don't change the fact that it is hurtfull to get loled at a serius post about unhappy things. beside you don't get them for every lol.

thats said I do not want it removed, some use it badly... but some also use the alpahbeth badly to post things on the forum.
    I rater that there be some way to take care of thoses using it to make fun of others.

there is also the fact of slipping fingers... if your on a tablet it can be hard, and I have hit lol with out wanting to (if I see it then I ofcourse remove it) when just scroling
    or people smiling with you at something more happy in the post.

then there is does that use it to disagree and thats wrong... but thats why I liked that we hade the agree and disagree buttons last year.

for the bad day posts I some times wish we had a "hug/I feel for you" button... as I don't want to like a sad post, but do want to expres "I see you, but have no words"

🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    anettesb wrote: »

that don't change the fact that it is hurtfull to get loled at a serius post about unhappy things. beside you don't get them for every lol.

thats said I do not want it removed, some use it badly... but some also use the alpahbeth badly to post things on the forum.
    I rater that there be some way to take care of thoses using it to make fun of others.

there is also the fact of slipping fingers... if your on a tablet it can be hard, and I have hit lol with out wanting to (if I see it then I ofcourse remove it) when just scroling

then there is does that use it to disagree and thats wrong... but thats why I liked that we hade the agree and disagree buttons last year.

for the bad day posts I some times wish we had a "hug/I feel for you" button... as I don't want to like a sad post, but do want to expres "I see you, but have no words"

I just find it so odd that people take a little button click so seriously. It might be one thing if a real life friend or loved one laughed at something you said in a serious way but to get upset over a lol in a forum....I just don't get it. I get LOLed quite often...I just feel bad that the person clicking that button isn't articulate enough to express themselves with words. That's just sad and I feel sorry for them that they aren't able to put a sentence together.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    anettesb wrote: »

I just find it so odd that people take a little button click so seriously. It might be one thing if a real life friend or loved one laughed at something you said in a serious way but to get upset over a lol in a forum....I just don't get it. I get LOLed quite often...I just feel bad that the person clicking that button isn't articulate enough to express themselves with words. That's just sad and I feel sorry for them that they aren't able to put a sentence together.

If your in an emotional state, it takes less to get more Hurt.
    To click on lol at a serious post like that (people takeing about sickness or love one that died and the like) is just plan mean.
    I do not find it odd that people can get Hurt, i do find it odd when people don't see why it might Hurt.
    But yes it is sad that some find the need to laugh at others misfortune, that doesn't makes it right, or that we have to acept it and do nothing about it.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳