Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge - House 004 - Rules

Comments

• Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    edited January 2017
    @misfit091376, there are many building tutorials. Have you ever looked at @rosemow's list of building tips and tutorials? I haven't looked at all of them myself, but some are very helpful.
  • Options
    Rawla wrote: »
    illusie wrote: »
    @rawla, thank you! The house is a victorian, and inside is so colourful. I think I'll finish house 5 before I start the snow white and the 7 dwarfs challenge.

Sounds great! I can't wait to see more pics when you get there. Have fun with 005. I'm a little less than halfway done with 006. Having a blast. I don't think I've ever had identical twins before. so having these boys is pretty cool. Then again, maybe they are not identical and I'll find that out when they age up to children. Time will tell. Also, who will their little sibling be? ONE please. lol

CI had that with 1 set of twins, I thought they were identical but when they were teens I saw the differences.
    I did had 1 set of identical twins, Sienna and Kiera. They are so much fun to play with!
    It is great you got twin boys! I hope they are identical!
  • Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    Rawla wrote: »
    @rawla, thank you! The house is a victorian, and inside is so colourful. I think I'll finish house 5 before I start the snow white and the 7 dwarfs challenge.

Sounds great! I can't wait to see more pics when you get there. Have fun with 005. I'm a little less than halfway done with 006. Having a blast. I don't think I've ever had identical twins before. so having these boys is pretty cool. Then again, maybe they are not identical and I'll find that out when they age up to children. Time will tell. Also, who will their little sibling be? ONE please. lol

CI had that with 1 set of twins, I thought they were identical but when they were teens I saw the differences.
    I did had 1 set of identical twins, Sienna and Kiera. They are so much fun to play with!
    It is great you got twin boys! I hope they are identical!

I hope they are identical too. :smiley:
  • Options
    VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    I had such a weird glitch in my game...My sim was send to her work at 4am and when she got there she didn't get any tasks to do. I checked the career tab and it told me she had to work in 6 hours. So strange... I send her home and hope the next shift won't glitch!
    That IS strange....glad 2 hear she got a promotion tho! =)
    I have finished house 4! You´ll have to wait until I have posted the last chapter of house 3 before my chapters for this house will be up.
    GRATZ Illusie!! I hear u have 45 chapters in House 004!! WOW that's amazing! & 4 the record...I can't tell u how many times I've wanted 2 do fancy things like that w/the floor tiles...& then forget completely about it! LOL U have some really nice examples!!
    @misfit091376, there are many building tutorials. Have you ever looked at @rosemow's list of building tips and tutorials? I haven't looked at all of them myself, but some are very helpful.
    There r some really great tips in there!!
    Karise wrote: »
    @illusie Congrats on the promotion. That was very strange going to work at 4am.
    I have a weird glitch too. If more than one sim is sitting at a dining room table (either to eat and/or do homework) then they all freeze. Sometimes I can unfreeze them by pausing the game or by going into build mode but not always. Sometimes I have to move the table to get them to move. This happens across ALL my games, not just the drifters. Weird huh? Now I've given up on a dining table. :smile:
    The "Homework" glitch is something that's been around 4 quite some time (unfortunately)
    @Vihisha Do you mind adding this to the list, please? Thank you :)
    U betcha! Adding https://misfitsims1.wordpress.com/2017/01/15/chapter-4-1-dione/ 2 the list here on this thread =)

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    KariseKarise Posts: 1,198 Member
    @Vihisha Ah right. I didn't know that as it's only shown up in my games .. um since doing the drifter challenge actually :o Not that I think your challenge has anything to do with it, I hasten to add :p It probably evolved from the .. sitting down to put things away one (leftovers in the fridge, washing up, books on the bookcase). You'd think someone somewhere would take the time to make a list of all the bugs in the game and try and sort them out but it's probably like too much hard work :D
  • Options
    misfit091376misfit091376 Posts: 992 Member
    @Karise It gets real confusing with the clones lol!

@illusie @Vihisha I have seen the tutorials. There are a lot of great ones, and I have a lot bookmarked, but once I'm in game, I really don't think about them :( I guess I just focus more on the house goals and getting the basics in the house.

@Vihisha Thank you!

• Options
    @Vihisha it was such a weird glitch when she had to go to work in the middle of the night. There was a coworker with who she chatter for a bit, but then I send her home to get some more sleep.

Haha yes, 45 chapters! I was surprised too! lol

I don't use the tile rug trick often, only in starters. It can have a nice effect. Thanks for the compliments on my pictures!

I have another weird glitch. I don't have the option to cloud/stargazing. I never had that option. Is it supposed to be under friendly actions?
    I have no mods or anything, so I have no idea what is causing it.

@misfit091376 I understand what you mean. Once you are playing you just keep playing and don't focuss on the house and tutorials. I like to start of with an idea of how the house will look on the outside and use that to make the house. Often some parts of the house end up smaller or bigger than intended.
  • Options
    @illusie I usually just follow house plans, then figure out the outside (wall tiles, roofs, etc). Then I try to focus on the inside. Some houses speak to me and some don't...
  • Options
    @illusie I usually just follow house plans, then figure out the outside (wall tiles, roofs, etc). Then I try to focus on the inside. Some houses speak to me and some don't...

I use a picture of the front of a house as inspiration and design the rest of the house myself.
  • Options
    @misfit091376 I use house plans too. Found a great site that I use. The houses may not always look exactly the same as the one on the site but they're usually pretty good and much better than when I made "boxes" :)
  • Options
    Floorplans are a good way to learn how to build.
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    edited January 2017
    Floorplans are a good way to learn how to build.

I use floor plans all the time to build, they help a lot!

So, I finally got back into this...here's a picture of Charlotte's alien daughter Ripley, who just became a teen, and Charlotte's husband Zackery.
    tqq7SqS.jpg

Charlotte is due any time now. Man is she huge!
    vUXTfNW.jpg
  • Options
    Karise wrote: »
    @misfit091376 I use house plans too. Found a great site that I use. The houses may not always look exactly the same as the one on the site but they're usually pretty good and much better than when I made "boxes" :)

What site do you use? I just do a google search lol.

@MocaJava Welcome back! Cute family :) Charlotte really is huge!
  • Options
    @MocaJava, cute family!
  • Options
    @misfit091376 There are two I use - http://www.floorplans.com/house-plans/fp/ and https://www.houseplans.com/

@MocaJava Lovely family. Charlotte looks like she's ready to pop :smiley:

@illusie Nice that they had some family time and that's a lovely park.
  • Options
    Thanks @Karise. I had such a weird glitch when I had just build the park. When my sims travelled there the first time, the pathway was suddenly another pattern than I used on it. It looked so weird! I was very unhappy that I had to redo it. I adjusted the park slightly, so it is slightly different when the family visits it next time. Do you think I should upload the park?
  • Options
    @illusie Sure - I'm sure some people would love to have a unique park like yours :smile:
  • Options
    @Karise Thank you! I've bookmarked them :)

@illusie Upload it :) It's a nice park!
  • Options
    Thanks @karise and @misfit091376. I'll upload it.
  • Options
    VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    I have another weird glitch. I don't have the option to cloud/stargazing. I never had that option. Is it supposed to be under friendly actions?
    I have no mods or anything, so I have no idea what is causing it.
    Yanno...I c this as a problem a lot in my game(s) as well....it started I think around City Living Expansion Pack....but it DOES show up as an option sometimes...so I can't duplicate it (if that makes sense) so I have no clue what causes it 2 show up or NOT b an option
    Do you think I should upload the park?
    I'm sure people would love 2 c it there! My vote is...yes! =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    It's a girl! Welcome, Pandora!
    VjdLHND.jpg

Ripley just loves her little sister to bits, Charlotte hardly has to do anything because big sis is always wanting to take care of her! The moment Pandora sprang from the crib Ripley picked her up and set her on the potty...no diaper changes for her :D
  • Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    @MocaJava Pandora is adorable! I love that pic.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top