Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help me rebuild Hidden Springs - and get gifted.

Comments

• Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    anettesb wrote: »
    hey @GreenCats

guyes who the game just told me is expecting a baby

:):)

You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    GreenCats wrote: »
    hey @GreenCats

guyes who the game just told me is expecting a baby

:):)

agree

they didn't wast time... they only been in town for about 24 sim hours... if even that long
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Here are some more pics of the shop. I had RL stuff going on and didn't get these up yesterday. It is almost finished...except for the roof. Will work on that today and any changes that you would like after you review the pics. Let me know if you would prefer a different wall paper on the upper floor, or want me to use the one from the bottom floor. I also have all the chess sets in the game along the side of the wall next to the stairs, I didn't get a pic of that area apparently.

From the outside, at night. I put some of those pretty fairy columns on the upper porches. Not the best pic. But, I hope you like the effect.
    18770381105_ec0aa2e8c1_z.jpg

Play yard toys. I put rugs under all of them and used the green grass color from misc. If you make patterns you may be able to match that better to blend in. If you prefer a different play set let me know and I can switch them out. I left that sandbox on the other side with the carousel r/t space. I can also add more of the 'ride' ones if you want more of them in the play yard. There are a lot of them in the kids section, so wasn't sure if you wanted all...or just a few. There are two additional ones in front of the left window. I love watching my toddlers and kids play on those.
    18582564418_994decddc7_z.jpg

Basement toy shop. Has a drafting table for designing toys, as well as two toy machines, crafting table and decor with some of the toys from the machine stashed around the room. I had my sim play with it and make a few of the toys to stash in that room. So, it works.:)
    18582570498_2f6375de62_z.jpg

View from the other angle.
    18770385775_8c5bc3336d_z.jpg

Upstairs, some of the fun chairs and things for kids, dominoes table and chess sets.
    18744082156_fc15d6dcd2_z.jpg

Music area
    18149695333_db77cbf28d_z.jpg

In the future stuff.
    18149694523_3698f48a45_z.jpg

Kids Tea Party
    18770379755_f415ae3b3f_z.jpg

Sporting Goods and Painting supplies
    18584189749_c72bacbcf4_z.jpg

I put this one in as I thought it was cute with Grandma Shue, playing with the crime lord (can't member his name) with the ball.
    18149685383_9914f3b721_z.jpg

Snowflake day area. This could be changed to match each season with the deco's from the packs.
    18772877871_9cd0522757_z.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    this looks nice... like the difrent areas.

wondering if the outside could get paint job?
    so it resemble the MH toyshop a bit more

Thumbnail_688x336.jpg

I like the season area, feel free to use season markers to edit the lot - even just 1 small area done like that I think is great.

the comic and hero area I really like, though I might move out suff kids can't use, as I really want it to be a kids heaven. (hopeing to get a hobby and music shop near the bowling ally for teens to hang out in)

Do you have any of the dr pepper items, some of them might look nice near the tea set

it is fantastic that you used some of the simport rewards.

and this is defently the only shop I could see the furter chess game in... well that and a tecnical/media shop.

great idea letting the play ground also be sold

some of the circus deco might do well.
    and maybe the russian set.
    Post edited by anettesb on
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    duyguugudurduyguugudur Posts: 2,684 Member
    hello @Anettesb, here is an update!! What i did was , deleted real wishing well and created a fountain, painted the cottage(outside) , place a few trees,flowers and more benches ..and one chess table.

Before i focus on more lanscaping, i just wanted to have ur ideas where we are standing currently?

Screenshot-9_zpsrfn4rz4r.jpg

Screenshot-10_zpsh9vl576q.jpg

Screenshot-8_zpswgspqvzh.jpg

Screenshot-5_zpsfbentjv7.jpg

Screenshot-6_zpssbhcfzab.jpg

Screenshot_zpsii04qocw.jpg

Screenshot-2_zpsevwmjku3.jpg

so what you think? :)
  • Options
    @duyguugudur
    thats really nice :love: , might be a bit to many benches (and nice kept that is) for an overgrown/ruin/old lot,
    the weater stone might be moved of, it is in town and did spawn a rater great place... next to the art museum/highschool

I love the buches, the fence... the old town scuar feel, the status (they might need some age?)
    pretty much this is 200+ year old buildings.... if we follow my town history... but have been used until for about 80-100 years ago, and are now rarely used.

and no moon dail please... it have an issue that my mods keep advsing me about... ok might have been fixed, but I rater not risk it.
    also ! do have the spring of youth in town...

that backdrop for the fountain is brilliant

and I like the light red color on the chimney in the last pictures

maybe the cottage could get a straw roofing?
  • Options
    @duyguugudur
    thats really nice :love: , might be a bit to many benches (and nice kept that is) for an overgrown/ruin/old lot,
    the weater stone might be moved of, it is in town and did spawn a rater great place... next to the art museum/highschool

I love the buches, the fence... the old town scuar feel, the status (they might need some age?)
    pretty much this is 200+ year old buildings.... if we follow my town history... but have been used until for about 80-100 years ago, and are now rarely used.

and no moon dail please... it have an issue that my mods keep advsing me about... ok might have been fixed, but I rater not risk it.
    also ! do have the spring of youth in town...

that backdrop for the fountain is brilliant

and I like the light red color on the chimney in the last pictures

maybe the cottage could get a straw roofing?

Waow happy that u are satisfy about the project so far!! :) ok I can either change the bench type,like stone or i can make these benches old..I can re-colour metal parts as rusty and try to choose older looked wood? Which one you prefer? Will also eliminate a few benches.

Will delete moon dial and weather stone..believe or not it is automatically generated there lol.and also youth fountain will be deleted as well. I can replace an old well ;)

Will try straw roof and get pics for u but I need to find a way to shown it as old...do u know how can obtain old stone image?
    Somehow wood is easier in the game.. :/

Take care!

• Options
    @duyguugudur sounds good
    yes wood is esier to get to look old
    bench type is up to you, the one you have picked is pretty. and if recolored the might look old. don't need to be rusty, just not shiny new.

cool that the wether stone genrated there... it could be great lot for it

as for replacing the fountain... you already have 1 well, not coment to have more than 1 on the squar I think

sadly we can't recolor the roof.... so it is just picking 1 of the 3 colors and pretend that there is a new roof.
  • Options
  • Options
    @duyguugudur sounds good
    yes wood is esier to get to look old
    bench type is up to you, the one you have picked is pretty. and if recolored the might look old. don't need to be rusty, just not shiny new.

cool that the wether stone genrated there... it could be great lot for it

as for replacing the fountain... you already have 1 well, not coment to have more than 1 on the squar I think

sadly we can't recolor the roof.... so it is just picking 1 of the 3 colors and pretend that there is a new roof.

ok here is daily update hun!! :) i had deleted al unwanted things except weather stone(bt no worries will delete it at the end)
    i had changed the roof of hut but ..here is the pics;

Screenshot_zpsins08sjx.jpg

i had felt like it was not an exact fit, so i cahnged the colour of hut a bit..now it looks more old and feel better somehow?

Screenshot-2_zpsol2wgwjd.jpg

what you say? whch one do you prefer?

now i had started recolour a bit.. i had changed colour of benches,chess table and mock well.. i also add some greenery at walls of hut.. like nature taken in!! here is photos;

Screenshot-3_zpshdpruhji.jpg

Screenshot-4_zpsalfvwd4z.jpg

Screenshot-6_zpseetb4xyj.jpg

Screenshot-17_zps13nk8ca9.jpg

Screenshot-13_zpsghjttyfr.jpg

did you notice the changes or want me to take closer shots??

Also i decorated pond and started to think about lanscape..here what i had come with...

Screenshot-15_zpss0wjs6xb.jpg

Screenshot-9_zpsgks5duoa.jpg

Screenshot-8_zpstqlhjkpk.jpg

what you think about pond decorations as well as floor painting? those random yellow flowers look natural grown type... add also soil paint ..
    i left some areas untouched so that you can see the difference?

see u & gonna sleep now!! :)
  • Options
    @duyguugudur
    I really :heart: how nature have taken over just a bit, yes the lot get cared for but... not much is done except makeing sure it dosn't fall apart.

you do know you can remove the old chimny with moo when you ad in the oldmill chimny right?

the overgron pond is just perfect, makes it logical why the mill isn't working any more...

also love the lion in the ruins

and even with no faires the fairy house is a nice tutch + people wit faries will enjoy it
  • Options
    Few more pics to show you.

First is the one that shows the chess sets lined up. Also, shows someone playing one of the sets that I put chairs around and he is chatting with the lady that is sitting on the pancake chair. And they said Sims in 3 can't multitask. :)
    18224583113_863d259716_z.jpg

I gave the building the paint job, EA style. I put the toy store in game and just copied the styles and replaced that way. I hope this is what you wanted. It is not as rustic looking, but, it is cute and I actually like it better with the maroon and gold tones.

Roofing, I tried several different styles. I like this one the best, with the different levels. I did one with three dormers across the front and it was just not interesting. If you have suggestion for different style I can try, but, I am not great with roofs. I did read zoo u course on roofs and that helped with the dormer and I did not know you could change the level of each section until I read the course!!!! That is awesome information after three years of building and playing. lol

This is with the light thatch roof. The other light thatch roofs pretty much look the same in photos as my graphics are not set real high as I have a pitiful puter. The others are the same roof with different styles.
    18855673192_a9b7ecea09_z.jpg

Brown thatch
    18673094248_96de446b75_z.jpg

Grey slate, think this is the one EA used.
    18673145080_2be0d00ba9_z.jpg

This is the darkest one, I forgot the name of it. I kinda like it the best, but, it is up to you. It is actually hard to tell in the pic again, my graphics are off...sorry. I just like the contrast between the dark roof, the green trees and the mountains behind the building.
    18240206933_f4789fab04_z.jpg
  • Options
    @bekkasan
    sims3 sims can defently multy task
    I like the colors of the build very much, and agree with you on the gold
    still in love with that furniture area.

roof
    first roof color for sure
    love the roof deco thingy, maybe ad the top line also
    Thumbnail_300x300.png
    Thumbnail_128x128.png
    really as much you can use from that venue the better.

it looks a little strange that the right roof is so high, and don't folow in to the left....
    I ratter have the straw going all the way where the green line is then.
    2mzhbn8.jpg
    do I make sense?

I like that I see you recolored some of the items, and that they there in difrent versions... that way it is ok to have a line of 10 basegame teddy's becouse they all difrent. this goes for all that can be recolored.

and still really like that you found use for some Katy Perry stuff pack items.

• Options
    This is a picture I took when I was first playing with the roofs yesterday. Obviously, not the way it would be finished as I was playing with the dormers, to learn how to make them and then the roofs over the dormers with a plain roof, squared roof and the flaired one. I did use some of the roof deco on this one with the rooster wind vane and did have the dragon too...must have taken him off before the pic was taken. Do you like the little deco gazebo looking things on the roof line? Is this how you would like the basic roof line to be though...even all the way across with a couple of dormers with that flair like I did it in the pic you reposted? I think three dormers crowds the front a bit much, but two might look good with that flair and I can try to figure out how to do it without raising the roof so high.

Also, I have not figured out how to use the seasonal marker thing, but, I did find a tutorial for it, so will look at that and see if I can figure that out to swap out that one area for the seasons. It sure would be easier than going in a changing everything by hand. Also, I don't have the Dr Pepper set which is a real bummer for me. :( Fingers are crossed that someday they will release those items again.
    18818968426_932eaa32a8_z.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    @bekkasan
    I think I like that roofing better... though missing the end roof deco then.. but maybe they can still be on the end facing the carosel and lake?...
    and don't mind the high roof then... it was the gab I didn't like
    think I like the dormer on the right the best, for roofing...
    love the 2 eh whats their name on the top.. roof deco thing...

this way it looks a bit like a fairytale hut.
  • Options
    Havn't been in game a few days... been at my moms helping her with the bees... makes me think that the beekeepingin sims is crazy easy... yet dangerus (you don't aproce the hive from the front when working in it thats like standing in the highway of bees)
  • Options
    ShymamiiShymamii Posts: 309 Member
    Hey girl hey! I just wanted to see if you needed some more help and on what? I'm interested in doing a new speed build for my channel and would love to kill 2birds 1 stone lol,,, Now im not the best but some of my work can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSc8krtlThGgmxYc8FQ2x0w
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    @Shymamii
    that would be very cool

a few things spring to mind,
    the simfu centeres (1 for HS and 1 for uni)
    the uni amusment park
    Hanna’s Home
    the adventures home
    Rocky heaven
    the crazy inventors home
    A villa/manor using now and then (this could be Hanna’s or the explore home or even the Rockstars home or if using the old looking items the inventor home – then we kill 3 birds with 1 stone)
    the old lighthouse
    Some shops
    The apartment block
    Pascals nectary shop
    I also have a few rebuild wishes...

Don’t know what you will find most interesting?
    If you say what then I can give you more details on the wishes.

Also if you ever need inspiration for a build… and want to kill 2 birds with 1 stone… this thread by @NagyGina is fantastic http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/833471/gift-of-creation-game-open/p1

edit: sadly your vidio link wont work, whats your youtube name... or do you have a link to your main page... I love to see your work
  • Options
    going on vacation this weekend....
  • Options
    I hope you have a great time!! I've been lax about the toy store as I've had puter issues and OE stuff going on. I need to buckle down with the tutorial on the season orb or whatever it is called and do that. I hope things will settle down over next couple days and it will be ready for you to check out when you get back.
  • Options
    thank you

sorry about the truble with the puter
    the orb thing is tricky at first... but then it isn't as bad... I done it 2 times... so still need the guide at hand...
  • Options
    I've finished the season changes and here are the pics for you to see. It wasn't too bad with the tutorial. Bug guy just came to spray so will post later.
  • Options
    Oh this be interesting... so happy
  • Options
    Sorry, with issues at home and then having issues on the forum trying to post I gave up posting pics Thurs and Friday. Gonna try now, but will only post a couple at a time since the forums are still weird for me this am. So lets try the first two. :)

Winter outside. I didn't wait for the snow to pile up, pic would have been so pretty then, but, it is not too bad with the snow falling. :)
    19274820462_a5a16eaf82_z.jpg

Winter inside. Only change was added the season decal on the wall. I think the rest is the same as before.
    19094687619_6c3068916c_z.jpg

Next up will be spring ones.
  • Options
    The spring pics still have some snow on the ground. I put a flower spawner for spring only. I couldn't remember if you said no spawners, but I can remove it before upload if you don't want the spawner. I had lost the spring outside pic. I found it in recycle. Thank goodness I don't have it auto cleaning anymore. :)

Spring Inside
    18660258213_010f53e2a9_z.jpg

Spring outside
    19386975376_90a2f77505_z.jpg