Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help me rebuild Hidden Springs - and get gifted.

Comments

• Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    no stress... but thank you for keeping me updated
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    wow I'm almost there in terms of homes

missing:
    4 homes in the woods (area A) - but I think 1 is being build for me and I'm working on an other
    1 home in the city (area B )
    2 homes in the suburbs (area C)
    4 homes in the weatly areas (area D)

then I'm missing
    4 shops - the toyshop is in progress
    and the old vault - in progress

also looking for a few other comunity lots... but for thoughs you can see my wishlist at @NagyGina 's thread

oh and 2 important families
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member
    Hi @anettesb , I'll like to create the old lighthouse if you like. Downloaded some inspiration pics last night.

25) the old lighthouse
    an old light house working as a home, where you can go up in the light house (laders/spiral stairs)
    with an attached caretaker hut/house white washe. Bonus if some of the roof deco from MH/DV is used
    lot size 40x40
  • Options
    I have a small hut/cabin in my studio in case it may be of any use to you...
    thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8400251
  • Options
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    Hi @anettesb , I'll like to create the old lighthouse if you like. Downloaded some inspiration pics last night.

25) the old lighthouse
    an old light house working as a home, where you can go up in the light house (laders/spiral stairs)
    with an attached caretaker hut/house white washe. Bonus if some of the roof deco from MH/DV is used
    lot size 40x40

cool.. thank you

if you want to know what lot it is to be on then just say the word and I make cirkel on a map for you

apriciat the help
  • Options
    I have a small hut/cabin in my studio in case it may be of any use to you...
    thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8400251

that looks really nice... how many sims does it sleep?

• Options
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Very nice cabin @anettesb . I have to take a closer look later on... heading off to bed now.

Regarding your question... just a 1-bedroom shack since was created for a single woodcutter. Can be modified to fit more sims though since there is land.

OK, different note... I got started on the lighthouse. Scrapped my first effort and tried again tonight. The structure is about 9 stories high. Let me know if you think it's too tall. I know your inspiration photo is just a whitewash, but I'm thinking perhaps the lighthouse may look better with red horizontal stripes similar to the first try. I will dabble next time I'm in game to see what looks better. I probably will also change the brick walls to the dingy walls instead.

Also if you prefer the house style of the first try rather than the new framework let me know too. I'll try to make this for a family of 5 like you ask along with veggie garden, fishing and chickens. It's going to cost more than $30,000 though.

edit! [image removed]
    Post edited by soocoolsim on
  • Options
    @soocoolsim
    wow thank you

I think 9 might be a bit high.
    it is allready on a clif so 4-5 schould do it even with out adding a clif
    I really prefere all levels are usabel.

so her is what I like best in your 2 builds

New frame:
    - the red top
    - the extra build
    - the use of roof deco
    - the flat lot

forst try
    - the compact hights (low tower)
    - the stiped tower is nice
    - the tower is wide enough to have rooms in it.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Morning. I just rec'd Troy's cabin. Looks like a great place for his new life :)

My last upload test yesterday afternoon with the second floor and basement shop completed went through!! I started adding the seasons changes and had to stop and take some equipment to my son who had a flat tire and is too manly to call the auto club :) I got summer done and will work some more on it this morning in between house chores. I'll try to post a few pictures later. I'm drinking coffee and just relaxing before getting busy. I gotta mop the kitchen floor. I need a bonehilda in my life. :)

I can't wait to see more of the lighthouse. I love the top of the tall one. I was squinting at the picture trying to see how you made that @soocoolsim.
  • Options
    @bekkasan
    that sounds amazing

I think she might have used the items from the rolercoaster...
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Pics for you to see. Oops, I hit post to quick...do you have a name for the store? I didn't know if you were going to have a particular family run it and wanted the family name as part of it.
    I added a dormer in the middle as I wanted that toy store sign up there and it looked a bit goofy stuck up there with MOO. :)
    19764427289_a10ef804a5_z.jpg
    Winter outside.
    19764438169_bcfb06c4f9_z.jpg
    Winter inside and their are a few deco's on the lower floor. The roping and wreaths.
    19763100700_f8537b53d3_z.jpg
    Spring
    19328467674_25942d06b9_z.jpg
    19328468144_7023b7b086_z.jpg
    Fall
    19763077728_71417b9d68_z.jpg
    19330131163_83279c08b1_z.jpg
    Summer
    19763097160_24e801d368_z.jpg
    19330129973_5b6fd22409_z.jpg
  • Options
    I didn't show you these areas so here there are. I just need to go back in and make sure the testers didn't mess anything up playing with things and should upload as all my test uploads worked! If you need any changes or have a specific name for the store let me know and I can probably try to load it after this storm goes away as I am getting off line after I post this :) I will check back after the boomers are gone :)

19763073188_01ed55814e_z.jpg

19328460484_de896699a9_z.jpg

19924870706_dc7fd16f14_z.jpg

19924865026_4cd0481221_z.jpg

19951105845_4ff447fc50_z.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    wow looking cool... though might drop the firework inside... or the store burn down... my sims light them on their own.. so do npc in my game :worried:

nop no specifick name...
    but anything sounding like it is an old shop (= not saying old in the name) mayeb xxxx's toyshop, or play on the name toys and Hidden Spring... or magic or fantasi

so happy you used the snow globe in the winther I don't use it much.... becouse it is so big.. now I can enjoy it....

the music area looks really cool but kids can't use instruments.... so in reality I rater have things they can use (even if that = 5 of the same item in difrent recolors)

love the furnish section
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    What can I help you with?
  • Options
    What can I help you with?

well what do you like to make.. sims or buildings
    if buildings, homes or comunity lots
    if cumunity lots, shops or amusment parks or thombs or ?

I have a more detailed wish list here:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13629012/#Comment_13629012

some of the things some have sid they want to help me with (and are working on)
    my top wish from this list is the following numbers (of thoese not being worked on)
    2) simfu acadamy for the university town.
    3) Petrol Palace from Lucky Palms - remodeld back to a gasstation and car sales place.
    4) simfu acadamy for Hidden Springs
    10) a home (or homes) for extendedn Majgaard family
    11) villa/manor using Now and then set
    14) Pascals nectary shop
    15) Prism Art Studio slightly renovated for uni
    17) Fun weekend at the university
    19) the adventures home
    21) 3 generation farmer family
    24) city apartments
    26) single dad
    27) cheap messy hut

+ not mentioned
    ánd old witches family for HS... looks normal but with an matriac that values old values
    some more shops (details yet to be decided... so thats harder but we could brainstorm toghter)

any thing made for me here can be entered in teh thread I linked to

thank you for wanting to help me
  • Options
    I'll check it out.

I can do a nectary shop (I actually finished a cellar for the mansion I am working on. It's rather rustic down in the cellar) I can also help with a farmer family. I have some sets from the store for the cows, chickens, the tractor, canning jams and preserves and the bohemian fruits and nuts, as well as corn and cucumber. All eps and sps.

Could help with a single dad as well as the cheap messy hut.

I can build something within an 1 hour to 3 depending on size and detail.

Love making sims too.
  • Options
    I'll check it out.

I can do a nectary shop (I actually finished a cellar for the mansion I am working on. It's rather rustic down in the cellar) I can also help with a farmer family. I have some sets from the store for the cows, chickens, the tractor, canning jams and preserves and the bohemian fruits and nuts, as well as corn and cucumber. All eps and sps.

Could help with a single dad as well as the cheap messy hut.

I can build something within an 1 hour to 3 depending on size and detail.

Love making sims too.

the farming family is just the sims (I got their farm)

the nectar shop is a bit more than the nectar shop... it is also a delicatese shop
    so uses the bakery sell things

and I'm imgening it more inspired by the Roring Hights buildings

• Options
    I saw that. I can work on the single dad and farming family for you first. I have the bakery as well, so no issues there.
  • Options
    that be very cool if you would make those sims

thank you so much

remember to enter them at the gifting thread when you done
  • Options
  • Options
    Got your feedback @anettesb , I'm off on a road trip tomorrow with my sister so will continue work on this when I return next weekend. Wishing you a great week ahead :D
  • Options
    @bekkasan, yes I used the piece from the rollercoaster set with the curved arch. @MeaganJo used this for her fantastic steampunk build "Tinkerer's Roost" which I thought was pretty cool. The final version will have the pieces sit a bit lower under the platform - CFE threw them off a bit.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Here is the single dad family. What do you think @anettesb ?

19954318035_6e6806aa81_o.jpg
  • Options
    Got your feedback @anettesb , I'm off on a road trip tomorrow with my sister so will continue work on this when I return next weekend. Wishing you a great week ahead :D

oh cool enjoy your roadtrip