Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help me rebuild Hidden Springs - and get gifted.

Comments

• Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Summer pics I changed the display on the little deck as well as inside and with a few things outside for each season. I hope you like these. Mostly for deco. Glad I did these separately. Forum just threw me out. Love save draft though.

19280799045_802ee3c79f_z.jpg

18660256893_6b894388a1_z.jpg
  • Options
    Fall pics I used the luminaries on the walkway, but, forgot to get a night pic for you. :( Let me know what you think, any changes you want made and I should be able to do changes tomorrow and upload it. Maybe this evening, not sure about that yet. Son may be coming by.
    19093203430_67cd9ee275_z.jpg

18658328184_329909ab10_z.jpg
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    Like it very much
    Sanders ok (when limit ed and i know they there)
    Please tell me where the season Ball is, just I case i go in and edit a ting
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    @tootsoo
    thank you very much
    I will look at them

hmm the first and the last looks very interesting... + the old man with a younger wife, maybe the blacksmith can become the inventor cabin....
    I have to downloade and scan.
    atleast 1 of the others had cc... so thats a no
    but they all some interesting finds
    Post edited by anettesb on
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    I uploaded the store, but it is not showing up in my studio. I have the little symbol that it uploaded so not sure what is up. I will wait a bit longer and see what happens.
  • Options
    bekkasan wrote: »
    I uploaded the store, but it is not showing up in my studio. I have the little symbol that it uploaded so not sure what is up. I will wait a bit longer and see what happens.

Folketinget things can effekt uploade:
    -how bus the site is = try again laver
    -the name is the same as an older uploade = go in game re name and reuploade
    -if you have pictures i the lancier = remove pictures and try uploade again
    - some items and partens

And of course wait maybe reloade your studie. ... Can kick the page fo show
  • Options
    I waited all day and it did not show up in the studio. I changed the name of the store and did not change any pics(just used the ugly EA ones) and re-uploaded this am. It shows in my launcher as uploaded but not showing in studio or store. It has been two hours now. I've never had this problem before. I have had something refuse to upload because it had one of those odd items that will affect it, but, I got a message at that time there was an error in uploading. I am not getting an error message and according to launcher it should be showing up. I will go back in game later and just double check all the items to be sure there is nothing that I've heard can cause a load issue. Do you know if there is something special that I should do with the seasonal orb when uploading to the ex? I wondered if that could be it.
  • Options
    never heard of sesonal orb problems....

this is odd....

I have no idea what to do
  • Options
    I had put a copy of the store in the library before I started working on the seasonal changes...for just in case I messed stuff up. I tried to upload it today as a test and it didn't upload. I'm going in the game now to see if I can find any reason why it may not be showing up. You would think I would just get the message that the upload failed :(
  • Options
    might need to talk to EA... might be a bug on the site...
  • Options
    Morning, just to let you know I've tried multiple things including connecting to Origin, changing doors, removed the register and the store door, removing a few of the objects that I thought might be the problem. Nothing works. I did a test upload with a tiny building I was making a photo studio for my little world and it uploaded in seconds. So, I just don't know what the problem is.
    SO.....I'm going to open a new vanilla game in a new sim file ( I have lots of empty ones in case of corruption) and start over. It will be mostly the same as I have plenty of pics and I will also take the carousel out as (tried that for the upload too and it didn't help) you had said you were not sure you would leave it there. I can still use my old copy in my games since it is in my library. I'll put a few more outdoor bouncy riding toys and some outdoor fun and add some trees as I was sorry I had not left room for a few more trees on the lot anyway. Do you have willow trees? We used to climb them as kids and they became our forts and mountains and space worlds. Let me know if you have other ideas for that area. I will probably start this afternoon as I wanted to make one more try with a test object this am before I start on that OE part of life.

I also plan on doing a test upload when I am half done just to be sure it will work :) I can delete it and then upload the whole thing later.
  • Options
    sorry it didn't work.. strange, and I have no ideas what to do.

I must have willow trees... as I own all worlds...
    oh imagen if you could make a home made fort in 1.... ok getting carried away

• Options
    I know, it would be awesome to build a fort in a tree in the sims yard. They did a pretty good job with the little forts but, still, a 'real' tree fort. :)
  • Options
    bekkasan wrote: »
    I know, it would be awesome to build a fort in a tree in the sims yard. They did a pretty good job with the little forts but, still, a 'real' tree fort. :)

yea

I'm still hopeing some one do that in one of the homes... if not I might...

the homebuild playhouses is also awsome... got 1 at the festival lot.

sad you couldn't get the lot to uploade
    I loved the areas you made, and the many difrent recolors of some of the things... thats a cool way to get inspired for the kids room when they buy a toy or deco that looks difrent thatn the defaults... also makes it look better when you have 2 or more of the smae thing if they not the same recolor.

• Options
    edited July 2015
    hey, back with good news for a change. I decided to make a new build folder in case something was corrupted causing the problem so finished that yesterday. The upload I did as a test came from my sims folder I play in which is full of cc and mods and I won't build for others in it, so, didn't want to start the store in it.
    I got the shell done this morning. Placing stairs was cranky from basement up. Kept telling me I couldn't do it from a foundation. Don't have a foundation in the build!! The lot is not completely level so that might be why? I ended up having to enlarge the space to get the stairs along the wall like I wanted. I just didn't want the stairs in the middle of the store. I don't mind that in a home, but they didn't look right in the store in the middle. I only had to go out 3 spaces so I made you some pics to see that change. I actually like it from the outside, more character to the building. I'm going to put the bathroom behind the staircase now, since I left plenty of room. I will be putting the pretty things back on the roof too, just was anxious to let you know where I was with it :)

Front, no, not gonna use that door. That is just holding the place for the store door. I didn't want sims coming in the building so I'm leaving the door and register to put in last to keep them out when I'm taking pics. I'm doing the building in edit, but, I can' t take pics out there. :) I may move the right wing back two spaces. It is jutting out pretty far in that pic.
    19612738846_e7b18ddc30_z.jpg

Right side, more trees in the back area and will have the outside large toys here. The staircase going to the workshop is in that little jut out.
    19016335914_1bae5dd2cd_z.jpg

left side, will have the riding toys and some season items here and more in front.
    19638932195_b2b1335622_z.jpg

Inside first floor, still bare, wanted you to see how the staircase and bathroom area would be. Anything you don't like, just let me know. I'll be able to work on the fun stuff... adding the toys this evening :)
    19631883082_93f3ab0a84_z.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Oh this looks even better than the old i think.... Like the difrent bumps on the building.

What i really like in the shop, is if there is recolor that isn't like the on Ea did, and many of 1 toy, but all difrent.
    The out side play/sale area to not take fokus fro the buildings.

Oh and some of the sim port rewards items might be great to sell.
  • Options
    ShymamiiShymamii Posts: 309 Member
    Heeyyzzz I decided to go with something different, A Laundromat! I hope you like, Thank you for letting me be apart of this!

Screenshot-175_zpsjh4onaoj.jpg

Screenshot-173_zpsy9b3lplk.jpg

Screenshot-172_zpsksmet51e.jpg

Screenshot-176_zpsbujcuvuz.jpg
  • Options
    @Shymamii
    wow thats very pretty, wonderfull laundromat, HS already have 1 but this 1 be perfect in some other town.
    I love that it have a registre (what is it selling?)
  • Options
    ShymamiiShymamii Posts: 309 Member
    Okay @anettesb I will be building a cabin later if you still need one any spec outside of it being for an inventor? Rooms, backyard,basement?
    and it is selling Comicbooks lol ^_^
  • Options
    Shymamii wrote: »
    Okay @anettesb I will be building a cabin later if you still need one any spec outside of it being for an inventor? Rooms, backyard,basement?
    and it is selling Comicbooks lol ^_^

oh thats a great idea that it sells comic books... I might place it in an other world becouse it is very cute.

hmm it be great if it is a family home for a relativly big family.... though they might not have much room and share the bedroom or even sleep in the living room (house could be more or less 1 room for it all + a bathroom)
    this lot would be a good lot for it 13A: 40x30, family home, see area description.
    then again if they live in the old light house that could also work thats a 40x40 lot

22) the crazy inventors home
    a family home (see wish 5), for an inventor and family.
    to be placed in the wooden area of HS, on a 40x30 (road site first)
    don't need to be very rich or big home, could be just 1 living room and kitchen + a shared loft where all the family sleep, and an all-in-1 bathroom as a out house (the movie one looks great for that) + a work shop
    it could even be build into an old ruin of a castle (using the castle set and the ruin items from DV)
    they might have a dog or a cat + other criters.
    Imagen a big relativly poor family, that loves to invent and gather and randomly throws things out (imgane if it could be used)
    they might have chickens and maybe a kitchen garden (so they don't have to buy much food)
    I could imagen quite a lot steampunk items from the store being used, maybe even the simport reward steampunk items.

25) the old lighthouse
    an old light house working as a home, where you can go up in the light house (laders/spiral stairs)
    with an attached caretaker hut/house white washe. Bonus if some of the roof deco from MH/DV is used
    lot size 40x40

1r5atj.jpg

could be used as:
    - family home (see wish 5)
    - crazy inventor home (see wish 22)
    - the home of the decentans from the old light house keeper, now living of the land and fishing.
    - a artist home

also these 2 wishes could influence the build/family

26) single dad
    a single dad age adult, with atleast 2 teenage boys + 1 child age boy
    why did he move to Hidden Springs?
    I really need male sims :lol:

27) cheap messy hut
    messy little hut on a 40x30 lot for wooden area in Hidden Springs.
    as cheap as posible, best be if less than 30 000.
    but with 1 double and 6 single beds + 1 crib. maybe use the cheap buydebug single bed!
    could be combinde with "the crazy inventors home" wish #22
    for basic on homes see wish #5
    the to do stuf could be: inventor bench, 1 toybox and a book case, maybe a cheap stereo.
    have a small vegi garden
    room for a dog and a cat

• Options
    Got the bottom floor finished and did a test upload and it did upload!!! I'm happy. I will finish the top floor and do a test at that point too. Here are a few pics. It is a bit different from before, but close to the same. I actually like the layout a bit better, not quite as tight. I hope you like the colors and rugs. I made them look a bit faded by darkening the patterns with the color wheel. I tried to get some better pics so you could see more detail. I'm not good at photos...but trying.

I've never done the Simport with any of my sims, but, I do know there is a mod to open them up. So, if I can find it and it works I will put some of the rewards in for you. I just looked at the pics of some of the items and they look really nice!

I will put the register in last and add a few small toys on top of the counters once I place the register.
    19756774581_ca4b67d527_z.jpg

19725913526_8299bc3b39_z.jpg

19129515514_2424df71a8_z.jpg

19564047738_93424a253f_z.jpg

19129515184_335479cf2a_z.jpg
  • Options
    it do look more open, oh love the green ducky.. didn't think about that... and the balloon animal cluter...

the mod is at mod the sims (I have it)
    and yes some of the items are very cute... mostly I was considerign the baloonship and the candy furniture....

the difrent but mixed and matched selss rugs that fits the area is perfect...

and the moo on the tree and butterflie wall deco

I love how some areas is more set up for sale... and others look like little rooms like thoese Ikea does (the green nursery)....

and the kidies clocks... amazing idea...
  • Options
    @anettesb quick update. OE has been busy, but I've finally got the top floor done. I put the season orb in today and set all the common items. I uploaded it as a test and it worked!! I will fix the outside and recheck the upload and then finish the season stuff and recheck after that. That darn exchange has made me paranoid about building to share :) I will hopefully work more on it tomorrow if all goes well with OE. I have MD appt tomorrow afternoon, but, maybe can get some more done this evening and tomorrow after the appt. :)