Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help me rebuild Hidden Springs - and get gifted.

Comments

• bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Morning, got some more pics for you to look at and see how it is coming along. I've got the carpets using the same basic color theme of blues/greens with a bit of beige. I did use several styles of carpet and if you would prefer they be all the same just let me know. If you have a preference of the ones I made let me know. I am kinda 'matchy, matchy' in my builds, but I do think some things need variety. I put some of the decor rugs on top of that savvy rugs so those will be for sale also. I left the floor with the rustic planks and hope that is ok. Do you want curtains on the windows? If it was a house I would put them up, but, I do like the open window in a store. If you prefer curtains I can do that. I did do curtains in the one window where I built the 'mini nursery'. The bottom floor is finished unless you want some changes. Sometimes I will get an idea and tweak something, but, I'm trying to leave it alone. :) I started finishing the workshop area and upper floor yesterday, but, had to stop when the storm came up and don't have pics yet. Basic same color themes on the upper floor and the workshop will be more 'basement/cellar' in appearance unless you prefer otherwise.

Close up of check out counter. I did put some electronic items behind the counter, video game players, cameras and decor. I noticed when I look at the picture my top shelf is too high and the umbrellas are in the ceiling so I need to fix that.
    18017221413_27feb05d29_z.jpg

Train area. I've left this area uncluttered hoping that sims will gather around and play with the train.
    18637861035_65e9acb41c_z.jpg

Toddler play area and toys for sale. Left it cluttered as if the kids have just been playing here.
    18640095641_c45b786b9b_z.jpg

Nursery items, decor and stuffed animals, some in the cribs and in playpen. Some are scattered thru the store on the floor for kids to play with.
    18450103528_a4cb996e3d_z.jpg

Mid store area. I put the fairy column lights in a few places like in one of the pics you posted. I kinda like them better than the light strips that came with the boho garden set, but, if you don't I'll remove them. I didn't get a good picture of them as there are 3 right now on the bottom floor and you can only see two in this shot. I'll try to take a better pic later today in the game. I still need to test with sims in the store to be sure they are not causing route issues though. I had to quit last night as a storm came up.
    18017218733_e31d204d5b_z.jpg

Bathroom. Got my sim upgrading the toilets to not break. It is hard to take pic of the bathroom so did the overhead shot. If you want a different type 'older' tile, just let me know. That is one of the KP ones.
    18633205132_26bf2ed076_z.jpg
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    Love it, the column ar great.

The umoralsk going into the cellen won't be a problem, when paying so no worries.
    Like the case mest of the store.

The difrent but matchen rugs ads to the feeling of old shop :+1:
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    @anettesb I have a question concerning Artie...is there a certain age you want him to be? like would you prefer him to be an Young adult or an Adult?
    hmm for him to potentially be pair with Louisa (if she fancys him) he would need to be YA... but considerign he have mastered all the art I say adult + I have very few Adults, he might pair with some one ells then but thats fine to, maybe down the line I get Artie kids in my family tree.
    but really it is up to you if he what age he is in and if he have family already (if he has kids teen boys would be decirabel)
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    edited June 2015
    anettesb wrote: »
    hmm for him to potentially be pair with Louisa (if she fancys him) he would need to be YA... but considerign he have mastered all the art I say adult + I have very few Adults, he might pair with some one ells then but thats fine to, maybe down the line I get Artie kids in my family tree.
    but really it is up to you if he what age he is in and if he have family already (if he has kids teen boys would be decirabel)

well I was thinking of making Artie single with a couple young apprentices he took in during his travels or something.
    edited June 2015
    cmbaker16 wrote: »

well I was thinking of making Artie single with a couple young apprentices he took in during his travels or something.

that be cool then I also get some cultural diversity
    I imagen he be adult or elder then...

yea I was thinking elder but I'm going to go with adult :D
    yea I was thinking elder but I'm going to go with adult :D

yea then I have him around longer... I like that... but also that he is the age of my heir... they mgiht be friends then.
    I just wanted to post an update...I have Artie and his young Apprentices done their now just waiting for their home to be finished. I have 3 rooms left to furnish and still have some yard space to do something with. If things go well I should have it done tomorrow.
    my build sim was just downtown getting a fishing skill (I build new sims for town when they build sims... so it is new sims every time... not the most eficiant... but I find it fun)

EA normally dress ims... strange when they grow up... but this isn't half bad...
    v78igk.jpg

it is actually cute
    @anettesb Woo Artie and all is done :D

Artisan's Home - To anyone looking at the house from the outside it just looks like a well preserved old home but once they step inside it's like entering a whole new world. 3BR/3 All-in-one bathrooms

Artists- Artie devoted himself to the arts when he discovered his talent at an young age after graduating from Le Formage Art School he wanted to study art more and found himself in Champs Le Sims where he discovered young Pascal. For a few years the two stayed in Champs Le Sims until Artie decided to travel too Shang Simla where he discovered young Jia Li after they studied in Shang Simla for a year or two Artie and his two young apprentices found themselves in Monte Vista where he discovered Shane a huge trouble maker the people of Monte Vista were glad to see leave. Now settled in Hidden Springs Artie has devoted himself to teaching his young apprentices everything he knows about the arts. Though each of them find themselves more interested in one art form or another but will Artie succeed in teaching them the wonders of all the different arts?

Artie with Shane sculpting an ice sculpture, Pascal painting, and Jia Li at the drawing board.
    5bzkgl.png

20uwppc.jpg
    kitchen-
    350ur6d.jpg
    Living Room-
    1zbz34o.jpg
    Artie's Room-
    2vje895.jpg
    Jia Li's Room- Since she's the only female teen I thought she should have her own room.
    2wr0y7o.jpg

5vre38.jpg
    The Art Studio in the back-
    v65aqg.jpg

fw525j.jpg

and I don't have a pic of it but you'll see it in the floor plan picture over on the exchange the boys share the loft area where there's 2 sets of bunk beds.

and each of the teens are a day apart...Pascal-13 days until YA, Jia Li-12 days until YA, & Shane- 14 days until YA. As for Artie, he's only a few days into Adulthood.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    cmbaker16 Awesome house and love the story you have set up for Artie and his apprentices!
    edited June 2015
    Oh wow... thank you @cmbaker16 they look great (and so does) the build.
    did you go to the difrent worlds and pic up the sims?
    love how you find a way to use the moderen items... defently how I could picture a house in that area.

hmm custard talks about a sleepwear swimwear atletic carere (yam) it is white.. and in the can't remove section.... + it is in the place where sculptures from amb some times get noticed.... any custard experts that knows what it is.
    if you don't have any cc in game cmbaker16, it is properbly just like the amb thing...

Shane being a bad boy might fit perfect for Louisa... she is rebelius after all... might have to creat a surprice meating (they are going to live on the roade to the riding center.. and Louisa rides... sooo)
    edited June 2015
    love how you find a way to use the modern items... definitely how I could picture a house in that area.

hmm custard talks about a sleepwear swimwear atletic carere (yam) it is white.. and in the can't remove section.... + it is in the place where sculptures from amb some times get noticed.... any custard experts that knows what it is.
    if you don't have any cc in game cmbaker16, it is properly just like the amb thing...

Shane being a bad boy might fit perfect for Louisa... she is rebellious after all... might have to create a surprise meeting (they are going to live on the road to the riding center.. and Louisa rides... sooo)

I don't have CC so I don't know what it could be unless it's something from the store cause all I have in my game is store content.

Actually no I didn't go to the different worlds, I created each one but kept the place they were from in mind so Pascal is French, Jia Li Chinese, and Shane was born to a family I played in Monte Vista but I like to think of Monte Vista as Italy so Shane is Italian :D .
    Yes, I thought it would be ok for the inside to have modern items especially with a bunch of artists living in it :D

Oh, Shane is quite the character so I think him and Louisa well get along perfectly :D
    love how you find a way to use the modern items... definitely how I could picture a house in that area.

if you don't have any cc in game cmbaker16, it is properly just like the amb thing...

Shane being a bad boy might fit perfect for Louisa... she is rebellious after all... might have to create a surprise meeting (they are going to live on the road to the riding center.. and Louisa rides... sooo)

I don't have CC so I don't know what it could be unless it's something from the store cause all I have in my game is store content.

Actually no I didn't go to the different worlds, I created each one but kept the place they were from in mind so Pascal is French, Jia Li Chinese, and Shane was born to a family I played in Monte Vista but I like to think of Monte Vista as Italy so Shane is Italian :D .
    Yes, I thought it would be ok for the inside to have modern items especially with a bunch of artists living in it :D

Oh, Shane is quite the character so I think him and Louisa well get along perfectly :D

then it must be 1 of the quircks from custard as I thought... just wanted to check.
    yup store or game item that gets seprat notice....
    yea you seen Louisa on the first page... she is my truble child BUT I love her... jsut the fact that she loved the sim version of the horse we had when I was a kid, since she was a toddler tolks to her credit.... even like when she at the same time role the wish "skip school" + "go out and ride"... naturally she then sciped school to go ride in the hills behind Twiinbrook where they lived....
    I asked a friend about the CC and she's looking into it so if she's able might be able to fix it.
    I asked a friend about the CC and she's looking into it so if she's able might be able to fix it.

but it might not be cc... might be a false positive... if you don't have cc... how could it be cc... ?

but it might not be cc... might be a false positive... if you don't have cc... how could it be cc... ?

I don't know but can never be too careful...if it's not CC great but if CC somehow managed to stick to my stuff when it's exported I need to know so it doesn't happen again.

I don't know but can never be too careful...if it's not CC great but if CC somehow managed to stick to my stuff when it's exported I need to know so it doesn't happen again.

thats true

lets try to learn what custard is saying... fals positive great not... then figuring it out early is even greater

thank you
    @anettesb my friend and I having been trying to figure it out all morning we narrowed the CC to Artie and Shane but the only thing in common with the two is their hair as it's the same one and comes with ambitions so I think it is just one of the quirks with custard.
    @anettesb my friend and I having been trying to figure it out all morning we narrowed the CC to Artie and Shane but the only thing in common with the two is their hair as it's the same one and comes with ambitions so I think it is just one of the quirks with custard.

I think your right, just wanted to ask thank you for looking into it.
    edited June 2015
    I'm installing it now, then I put it in game.
    and we see if the few days of testing take Shanne from potential boyfriend for Louisa... welll if she likes him I'm sure she go after him no matter what....
    I really like how Artie sort of have a dormatory on the top floor.

jg1k5c.jpg
    Post edited by anettesb on
    any one know how to set the frontdoor on a lot not your own? some of the houses in my town have the backdoor as front door or even the outhouse door as front door.
    to the left is a free lot....
    thats where I'm wishing for an in town appartment building...

2qkmi9u.jpg

the 3 sims are witches townies...
    hey @GreenCats

guyes who the game just told me is expecting a baby

2ljti6t.jpg

as the game only roll about 30 sim minnuts to 3 hours each time (do to me just adding sims and homes) she likely not give birth for a long time, until my legacy move there...