Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    Ugh! I had two things happen in game yesterday that I wanted to bring up here and I had no internet at the time, now I do and I've forgotten them hahaha! But anyways, I learned two new things about the game yesterday ;)

So you learned two things, then forget them. :D You sound like me if I don't write things down. ;):D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I didn't know that if you create a club that has Use Science Objects as an activity and you put a Satelite Dish on the lot that you are gathering on everyone will use it over and over and over again lol 😋😅
  • Options
    AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 258 Member
    I shamefully only explored the Hidden Grotto, Sylvan Glade and Sixam for the first time the other day.

It was possibly the first time I'd had a Sim with maximum handiness skill and that I'd just happened to hover at the entrance of Hidden Grotto in Oasis Springs. Now looking at ways of building on Sixam as I fancy living my space-port building dreams. :lol:
    1NraNSJ.png
    My Gallery 🏠 | Gamer 🎮 | Husband 👬
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Congradulations on exploring the hidden worlds. Have you explored the hidden forest & magic world yet?
  • Options
    SvineprutterSvineprutter Posts: 2,323 Member
    Ayeffen wrote: »
    I shamefully only explored the Hidden Grotto, Sylvan Glade and Sixam for the first time the other day.

It was possibly the first time I'd had a Sim with maximum handiness skill and that I'd just happened to hover at the entrance of Hidden Grotto in Oasis Springs. Now looking at ways of building on Sixam as I fancy living my space-port building dreams. :lol:

To build on hidden lots use these 2 cheats:
    testingcheats on
    bb.enablefreebuild

HoYl46j.png
    Zpj9msL.png
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    I didn't know you could burn money :scream:
    7554cfa1fc1949faf51779e5a64b3e6b.png
    20671e613d547ba775f618b91c08d0c7.png

I haven't looked at fireplaces since I've been playing my university household recently and there's no fireplace in the dorm lmao
  • Options
    Cement wrote: »
    I didn't know you could burn money :scream:
    7554cfa1fc1949faf51779e5a64b3e6b.png
    20671e613d547ba775f618b91c08d0c7.png

I haven't looked at fireplaces since I've been playing my university household recently and there's no fireplace in the dorm lmao

I didn't know about that either but I think maybe it came with Get Famous I know it came with a couple of different money related interactions.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    It came with Get Famous.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    I just learned that if you build a staircase and then want to change the style of stair, all you have to do is place the new stair over the original one and it’ll replace it. I used to rebuild stairs every time I decided on a new style; this is so much easier.
  • Options
    I just learned that if you build a staircase and then want to change the style of stair, all you have to do is place the new stair over the original one and it’ll replace it. I used to rebuild stairs every time I decided on a new style; this is so much easier.

THAT! Is an extremely good one to know. Took me awhile of smashing the stairs and rebuilding them (Which was extremely annoying) before I figured that out.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    I didn't know that you can drink the plasma of Patchy the Scarecrow as a vampire lol xD 😅🤔
  • Options
    Speaking of Patchy you can also call him on the phone and text him .... 🤔😋
  • Options
    QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    Someone probably mentioned this a long time ago but I found out recently that when your vampire completes the Good Vampire aspiration they get the cure for vampirism for free in their inventory.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I got my pretty sim to befriend, fall-in-love, marry & have a baby with Patchy. It was so funny.
  • Options
    Something I didn't know, but actually should have known...

For aspirations, on a sim household that you've been playing awhile, you can switch between all the aspirations and get the reward points since it's already been done. Like 'Mansion Baron". Not an aspiration that any on my original Calhouni's would have, but a property value of over 350,000 simoleons, and have 20 columns built, is all it takes. I had 16/20 columns, so built 4 more. All the adult sims completed that aspiration as I put that aspiration on. Quite a few other ones too. You can just switch each sim's aspiration to different ones and *poof* it's already completed or need something easy, like reading a book to a child for 2 hours.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Bet you didn't know this one! When ever children maxes out their mental skill they are able to start gaining the logic skill at child hood, the same goes for creativity and social skills.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    BMSO wrote: »
    Bet you didn't know this one! When ever children maxes out their mental skill they are able to start gaining the logic skill at child hood, the same goes for creativity and social skills.

Yep, I have a Sim who maxed all the related skills when she was still a child. They can learn Logic, Fishing, Video Gaming
    Charisma, Mischief, Piano, & Violin after maxing childhood skills.

• Options
    vessmevessme Posts: 492 Member
    Ayeffen wrote: »

Me too! It Grotto was tough for me because I did it the slow way and built up my sims handiness level to ten.
    tumblr_nc81zxn8g31qa6q9uo1_500.gif
  • Options
    Neat freaks will attempt to mop puddles outside. :o

dxYqDWT.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    beadierturtlebeadierturtle Posts: 295 Member
    In Island Living, the NPC known as Nalani Mahi'ai is voiced by the same actress who voiced Moana in the likewise named Disney animated motion picture.

sims-4-islanf.png?w=1000&h=563&crop=1
    Nalani in The Sims 4: Island Living

GTY-ABC-cravalho-moana-jef-161103_16x9_992.jpg
    Auliʻi Cravalho (actress on the left) and Moana (on the right)
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Butlers can be used to keep a sim inspired as they play the piano or focused as they do homework.
  • Options
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Butlers can be used to keep a sim inspired as they play the piano or focused as they do homework.

I never thought of that. Clever and handy! Or keep anyone inspired while doing any task that benefits from it.

@beadierturtle For real? I'll have to check it out. Moana is probably my favorite new(ish) Disney cartoon movies.

This is my favorite scene/song:
    Though the song "Shiny" is hilarious. Probably for laughs my second favorite. :D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Yeah - for real. Disney wanted to use an actual Polynesian/Pacific Islander for the role, and Auliʻi Cravalho is Hawai'ian. Likewise, Maxis was doing a deep dive into Pacific Island cultures ( for instance, our canoe sail shape suggests those common to the Marquessas in French Polynesia, but they borrowed elements from all over) and wanted to do similar, Moana was an inspirational element as well, and Cravalho does voice work so it was win-win-win. :)
  • Options
    @Sindocat @beadierturtle I found my Nalani Mahi'ai. I think I broke her. She sounds like any other female sim in-game now. I thought she was a random NPC so when I was going through townies/NPC's over a month ago to delete, she was actually a surprising keeper. I just slightly modified her. Whoops. If I had known she was a unique, wouldn't have even gone into CAS. Just let her be. :|:(

I wonder if I can import her from a fresh game to gallery library, erase the modified copy, then add her again? I suppose I can try.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    beadierturtlebeadierturtle Posts: 295 Member
    @Admiral8Q
    As long as you're not risking losing anything, I recommend bringing her back. She's one of my personal favorites and actually a member of a household I'm playing. Had her in there for a while until I stumbled upon the fact she is special.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top