Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I didn't know Sims could woo-hoo in the shower... or maybe that's new? 😲
    (Sorry if someone already said this)

It comes with Discover University.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited April 2020

Hmm, how can they woo-hoo...let me count the ways...

1. Double-Bed
    2. Shower
    3. Hot Tub
    4. Bush
    5. Leaf Pile
    6. Rocket
    7. Inside a Tauntaun (I thought they smelled bad on the outside)

don't forget the lighthouse, closet,sauna and waterfall haha.
    And I've heard in a casket? But I don't have vampires so can't verify that one.
  • LehmanLegacyLehmanLegacy Posts: 176 Member
    I didn't know that sims that have the Jealous Trait will get sad when around married sims that show affection to each other if they're single themselves! :neutral:
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I didn't know that Patchy's stand can be struck by lightning turning to dust. Does that mean Patchy died? 🥺
  • beadierturtlebeadierturtle Posts: 295 Member
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    I didn't know that Patchy's stand can be struck by lightning turning to dust. Does that mean Patchy died? 🥺

I actually had that exact thing happen to me for the first time earlier today! I just had enough time to replace him and get his "tree" at full friendship again, but he hasn't activated yet, so I'm not sure if I lost his friendship.
  • QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member

1. Double-Bed
    2. Shower
    3. Hot Tub
    4. Bush
    5. Leaf Pile
    6. Rocket

Yes, sims can woohoo in a coffin :)

TJXOM25.png

And there's also the bush and the telescope where sims can woohoo.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Yesterday i had my sim swimming in the ocean and he passed in a harsh tide that made him stop swimming and be upset. I had never saw that but i haven't explored much on IL yet.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

1. Double-Bed
    2. Shower
    3. Hot Tub
    4. Bush
    5. Leaf Pile
    6. Rocket

TJXOM25.png

And there's also the bush and the telescope where sims can woohoo.

Same animation is used for the sleeping pods. But no bats coming out of them, then :)
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member

TJXOM25.png

Except for sims with the Good trait, because woohoo'ing in a coffin is probably too far on the dark side for them :)
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Oh you can WooHoo in a tent too I'm pretty sure ^^
  • Elly_JonesElly_Jones Posts: 32 Member
    > @SimAlexandria said:
    > I didn't know that there's a little mouse hole for your wall in build mode and if you place it in your house you'll have a mouse running around

REALLY! I never saw that before either! I'm excited to add that into my builds! Especially if you're creating a story with a poor family, it would just add a lot more realism.
  • Elly_JonesElly_Jones Posts: 32 Member
    > @Bandak said:
    > The other day as I paid close attention to a sim child playing the typing game on a computer, I noticed there was a logic to the simlish letters and that they actually spelled what seemed to me English words. For example, a picture of a chair and a picture of a car makes the sim type words starting with the same simlish character.

Do you know if there is a Simlish Translator? I'd be very interested to know if the language has been decoded :)
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    The markings on rocks gives you a clue as to what you will dig up.
  • LucidLennyLucidLenny Posts: 180 Member
    > @ SimAlexandria said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > don't forget the lighthouse, closet,sauna and waterfall haha.
    > And I've heard in a casket? But I don't have vampires so can't verify that one.

Sims can woohoo in rabbitholes such as backstage at the theater, and even the military base I think? (unsure but I believe so)

My sim's bf never wants to woohoo in the shower so they do it in the theater instead. :') I'm impatient.
    Lenny | Sims 3 | Uni Student | Timezone: EDT (UTC -4) |My blood type is A- | 50% Anxiety 25% Angst 25% Awesome | I bleed for cute sims <3
    If you own Parenthood and siblings age up to young adult despising each other, they will gain an extra trait which means they will get tense should they bump into each other on the same lot.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited April 2020
    To earn the "Fresh Chef" trait, one requirement of the last tier of the Aspiration is to prepare 3 Gourmet dishes at a single event. Nothing requires the event to be successful - you merely need to have made 3 Gourmet foods before it ends. I got Bronze for the House Party - good enough!
    Post edited by Sindocat on
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member

Hmm, how can they woo-hoo...

Inside a Tauntaun (I thought they smelled bad on the outside)

:D:D:D

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    LucidLenny wrote: »
    > @ SimAlexandria said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > don't forget the lighthouse, closet,sauna and waterfall haha.
    > And I've heard in a casket? But I don't have vampires so can't verify that one.

Sims can woohoo in rabbitholes such as backstage at the theater, and even the military base I think? (unsure but I believe so)

My sim's bf never wants to woohoo in the shower so they do it in the theater instead. :') I'm impatient.

I think that must be Sims 3 - there's no military base in TS4.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    One thing I didn't know is that there is a command to copy one outfit from a slot of one class to other outfit class, like copy an everyday outfit to formal outfit. Very handy. I didn't get it to work, there is an old thread on it. So I gave up and found a mod that sort of does that. It copies whatever you have marked to all outfit classes.

I currently put everything on to copy from the everyday to everything else, then go in and modify each of the other outfits after. Saves time having to put the same thing in over and over. This is only about a quarter of the list. To not copy part of the outfit, just put a # in front of it.

kuHbZla.png

The command is:

copyoutfit

So simple and so handy!
    I can link the mod if interested.

---

Or the other complicated command is to do each individually. The other non-mod command is something like if from outfit everyday slot 1 to formal, then: outfits.copy_outfit 0 1 1 To copy the same one to sports: outfits.copy_outfit 0 1 2 From sports to everyday I think it may be outfits.copy_outfit 2 1 0 etc etc

Anyways, that's why prefer the mod.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

edited April 2020
    A tip for rotational players...

Adding townies into your rotation (ie. moving them into a home and playing them) can be advantageous as some of them will be high up on the career ladder despite not having the necessary skills.

Simply use the "Ask About Career" interaction on sims and they will reveal the career they are in and also the level they are at. I've married many of my poor sims off to these townies for a massive financial boost.

Post edited by calaprfy on
    edited April 2020
    I'm sure most here know of this, but I just discovered it yesterday and feel like a fool.

If you have Seasons, it sets specific default holidays you can tweak or delete, and you gain the ability to create your own holidays. The options for the type of holiday you can create is pretty vast, and there are many options in there that aren't used in any of the default holidays, so even if you're used to the default ones, there's still a whole lot of content you're missing out on, and you can mimic many real holidays not represented.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I'm sure most here know of this, but I just discovered it yesterday and feel like a fool.

If you have Seasons, it sets specific default holidays you can tweak or delete, and you gain the ability to create your own holidays. The options for the type of holiday you can create is pretty vast, and there are many options in there that aren't used in any of the default holidays, so even if you're used to the default ones, there's still a whole lot of content you're missing out on, and you can mimic many real holidays not represented.

Yep, my Sims love celebrating Easter with the Flower Bunny haha
  • katandmarikatandmari Posts: 438 Member
    Elly_Jones wrote: »
    > @SimAlexandria said:
    > I didn't know that there's a little mouse hole for your wall in build mode and if you place it in your house you'll have a mouse running around

REALLY! I never saw that before either! I'm excited to add that into my builds! Especially if you're creating a story with a poor family, it would just add a lot more realism.

I love that. where is it? I haven't found it.
    katandmari wrote: »
    > @SimAlexandria said:

The only one I know of is part of Cats & Dogs under wall decorations.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    katandmari wrote: »
    > @SimAlexandria said:

I think it’s in debug. It comes with City Living and can be found in some of the apartments in the Spice District.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top