Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

IslaRose's Build Showcase - Vampire Stuff!

Comments

• Options
    islarosexivislarosexiv Posts: 454 Member
    Thanks @kaylaaswann! And I really appreciate all of your kind, thoughtful feedback @rosemow!
    Gallery: Islaroses
    Build Showcase: Islaroses
    Simblr: islarosesims.tumblr.com
    Sims Mobile: NJUTWNP

• Options
    edited April 2015
    I also worked up a recreation of the Sixam Alien Party lot, as it seems a lot of people wanted it, but it's still not up on the gallery.

To place the lot, you have to use the newly released freebuild cheat (bb.enablefreebuild), go into build mode, and place the lot from your library/the gallery.

KqrWGli.jpg
    RY12ujK.jpg
    Post edited by islarosexiv on

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Your recreation of the Sixam Alien Party lot is very great! :) Thankyou for recreating the lot and sharing it with simming community. You have reflected it well!
  • Options
    SpecterCodySpecterCody Posts: 602 Member
    I really like your bakeries! The Magnolia bakery looks really great with the rooftop planters and the landscaping! Thanks for sharing :)
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Your Get to Work builds are very amazing! :smiley:
    I especially like your Sprinkles Bakery, very adorable! Even your The Magnolia Toy Chest, Areni! Downtown Retail Boutique, and your Bella's Secret. I'll check out the gallery to see what should I add your creative builds in my faves. :)
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,379 Member
    edited April 2015
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    @MonaSolstraale @RyeCris16 @SpecterCody @rosemow Thank you so much! I appreciate all of the kind words, and feedback! :):)

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Neighborhood Aliens

I saw someone start a thread requesting a build for the room seen in the Get To Work official launch trailer, so I had a go at it, but I couldn't just leave it at a room. I've been playing an alien family lately, so I went for the house (and took way longer than I thought I would on it).

The Original (Screenshot from the video):
    3VD1mkX.png

My build, the "Alien in Love" bedroom, uploaded to the gallery as just a room, and as part of the house:
    LpR8CVP.jpg
    (The gnome is there, I promise)

The house comes in two versions, as the Gallery won't show the top floor (which is odd, considering they expanded the allowed floors/levels) dubbed appropriately, large and small.

Z6WLpvF.jpg

The top floor turquoise bedroom (also available as a room):

K4qIqtr.jpg

• Options
    The Alien house is very nice! :) Very nice exterior design of the home! It looks very nice the type of and how you have placed the windows in the build and how you have done the lighting! The alien plants look very nice on the patio and balconies! It looks nice how you have placed the planter boxes on the windows. The design of the home suits an alien family living there, and goes well with the "Alien in love " bedroom. You have recreated the room well from the picture! It is great that you have desugned a home for the room. The turquoise bedrooom is very nice too! It looks nice how you have used the white and black circles flooring for under the bed and in the sitting area. The science objects on the bedsude tables look great! The alien plants look very nice in the bedroom! Alien Sims will enjoy seeing the plants when getting up in the mornings. Nice windows corner arnchairs sitting nook. Sims will enjoy sitting resting there having a chat, and enjoy looking out through the windows at the views, Nice study desk nook area for sims to enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer.
    The home and rooms are very nice! :)
  • Options
    Thank you! :)

• Options
    NhicksNhicks Posts: 1,580 Member
    I'm Glad you shared your link @islarosexiv or I would have missed on an amazing thread. Your builds are fantastic! I look forward to seeing more from you ;) great job!!!!!
    Find Me In The Gallery! MzHicks #MzHicks
    ~My showcase thread~
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814744/mzhicks-builds
    How You Liven - A Peek Into YOUR Sims World
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887032/how-you-liven#latest
  • Options

• Options
    Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    Sprinkles is so cute and perfect! Love it!
    5sXtTqH.png
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Magnolia Grocery Co-Op

UyH71Ow.jpg

I made a little Grocery Cooperative to be able to sell a little bit of everything. Includes a row of self-serve refrigerators to sell harvestables & fish, some warming cases for self-serve baked goods, a little bakery - I included some cakes in my gallery upload :smile: - display shelves for everything from crystals to fossils to plants, and some cases which I've got flowers displayed in.

IXRugj4.jpg

The basement has an industrial kitchen, of course, as well as a hydroponic-style garden/greenhouse so everything is locally grown and made on site. I've been playtesting it, and really enjoying it! The only challenge is leaving the store to go out and gather more goodies :smile:.

3FE7rf2.jpg

• Options
    Modern Retail Art Gallery

qYWnHUI.jpg

I also wanted to play with an art gallery, seeing as most of my legacy sims have been artists :cough: bestpayout :cough:, and I had an image of a modern, bauhaus style gallery with striking color and a color block exterior. I included an artist studio upstairs with inspirational goodies, a bed, and a kitchenette. Also, large windows, music (I prefer the blues while painting) and some IGUE items.

Eyx4lIY.jpg

I started painting with my sim, hoping to have the place fully stocked, before I realized there was something like 317 paintings in game, so I stopped at 20 and downloaded a room from the gallery filled with Masterpieces/excellent paintings, and went about curating the studio, so this version is FULLY stocked, with an inaccesible basement to store extra paintings.

Irwj5tx.jpg

This place is really fun to play!

tfrssWb.jpg

• Options
    GTW Science Career Lab

jeDIucW.jpg

This is my SimLabs Science Career lot, built with everything required of the FutureSims career lot (of course) and then some. I've been loving the scientist career, but I wanted a more clinical, sterile science/pharmaceuticals type feel to my jobsite. Additionally, I felt the layout could be a little confusing, so I organized everything by workgroup, so that there would be a more efficient, intuitive workflow. It maintains all of the features of the lot that comes with the game, including the greenhouse, the observatory tower, the machine room, clean labs, a spacious break room, and gym. I decided to nix the spare office, and provide an expanded research library instead (more desktop computer stations). I also expanded reception, to give it a more professional vibe. It also includes two restrooms, one with 4 private stalls, and each with shower/decontamination systems. I also added some focusing items, and some flood lights/security cameras for fun. :)

You may need to use the IGUE command (bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement) if you want to move/duplicate items. I've fully playtested the lot (and love it!) and haven't had issues placing the lot at various sites even without IGUE (although, one time the Observatory didn't appear, so there's an off chance of just placing that item). You can find the lot and more detail on my gallery - ID: IslaroseXIV, "GTW Science Career Lab" - not creative, I know.. those character limits!.

Enjoy!

5PaxFAM.jpg
    K5xuU00.jpg
    gx9AktZ.jpg
    guAephn.jpg

• Options
    Magnolia Grocery Co op is very nice! :) The brickwork texture and the design of the exterior looks very nice! It looks great how you have used the pillars, and the placement of the green plants in front of the pillars creates a very nice look! Very nice furnishing of the store! It looks so very nice how you have set up the items to be sold, on the shelves, in the glass displays, and the food in the glass case shelves display case. The flowers displays look very nice, and the placement of the plants on the shelves look very great! It is great that sims can come and enjoy buying a variety of different things! Very nice basement industrial kitchen! Sims will enjoy cooking food in the stove and baking items on the cupcake machine there. The glass windows hydroponic garden and greenhouse is very nice! It is great that sims can grow and harvest items there to use straightaway in cooking food for the store.
    Very nice art gallery! :) The white and red colour of the exterior gives a very nice look to the build. It looks very nice the type of and how you have placed the windows on the build. The new windows from GTW look great in the build! Nice art studio area and art nook corner where sims can enjoy painting on the easel wuth the sunshine coming in through the windows, and enjoying looking through them at the outdoors views whilst painting. It looks very nice how you have placed the paintings on the walls through the build! They look so very great! It looks so nice how you have done the black and white flooring! The patterned black and white floor rugs add nice touches too.
    The builds are very nice! :)
  • Options
    Thanks, @rosemow - You are so generous, encouraging, and thoughtful with your feedback. You're a real treasure on these forums!

• Options
    Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    One word: AMAZING! <3
  • Options
    @ReneVeronicaZIta @Ash072 Thank you so much!

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Willow Medical Hospital

lj0rkuk.jpg

Not the ideal name, but character limits + keywords.. This was my revision/update/expansion of my original medical lot, which wasn't equipped for get to work.

Layout
    Lekvf1f.jpg
    The main level is pretty straight forward, the rooms and their purposes progress naturally around the lobby.
    FsHmKqu.jpg
    The second floor is partially open to the lobby below, and also features a nice glassed in garden feature, which is open through the roof to allow in natural light. The floor includes a micro room (although not required of the lot), an on-call room sparsely furnished with simple single beds, an employee changing room w/ lockers, benches & bulletin boards, a cafeteria that overlooks the lobby w/ everything needed for quick meals (vending machine, fridge, microwave), employee treadmills, a doctor's consultation office, and a private restroom.

7EbrzlW.jpg

I waited to play through the career before building it, so I could better understand the work flow & requirements, and identify any snag points with the original lot (there weren't many on this lot, tbh). Then it was just suiting it to my tastes, as I basically grew up in hospitals (almost my entire family works in some facet of medicine or another) and I wanted a sense of authenticity in the build. :smiley: So it's kind of a wellness center meets proper surgical facility in terms of decor.

I9RZa7Z.jpg

Quick Note: The lot has to be rotated when placed, b/c the angle for the preview gallery image is the opposite as the side patients enter from.

• Options
    Your builds are so very realistic! Wonderful job! Going to get you medical facility now!...How did you get it to change to your build? @islarosexiv ?
    ~My showcase thread~
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Thanks MzHicks! To change the career lot, you just use bb.enablefreebuild while on the lot - which will allow you to place other lots once you're in build/buy mode.

If you mean the update, I didn't change the existing gallery lot - my Oasis Springs Medical lot is still in the gallery, it's just out of date. So I uploaded the new one as well, and left a note in the comments on the old one. :)

• Options
    Thanks for the cheat @islarosexiv I had heard of it but unsure if it really worked :) Thanks and Got ;) Followed too :)
    ~My showcase thread~
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Amazing new creations since my last visit! :smiley:
    * Neighborhood Aliens - A very amazing house for aliens with reflective room from the trailer.
    * Magnolia Grocery Co-Op - An amazing bakery with an industrial feel. Awesome MOOing too!
    * Modern Retail Art Gallery - An amazing art gallery with lots of gorgeous paintings.
    * GTW Science Career Lab - A very nice laboratory build with fantastic architecture and amazing light color.
    * Willow Medical Hospital - Another amazing workplace build with fantastic architecture. Amazing helipad by the way!

All of these mentioned are in my faves if I haven't already did! Awesome work IslaRose! :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16