May 28 - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Sul sul Simmers! Join us for the #DreamHomeDecorator Livestream HERE today, May 25, @11 AM PT / 6 PM UTC! 🎉
May 27: Today is patch day! 😃 To read the patch notes, click here!

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 157,809 Member
    My name is Edgy🖤 & I'm practically a lifelong simmer. My aunt/godmother introduced me to the franchise & usually gave me her previous Sims version whenever a new one was released. Summer 2020 was packed with firsts for me, including: buying my first Sims game, playing Sims 4, playing Sims on console, & streaming on Twitch. I played with little to no DLC growing up, a stark contrast to me now owning all Sims 4 packs & kits (excluding Vampires, Realm of Magic, & Paranormal since I don't & have never played occult). I've since switched back to PC & credit The Sims franchise, especially Sims 4, not only for providing me with over a decade of entertainment, but for introducing me to Twitch & helping me grow as a streamer.

    Hello @edgy_princessa_ :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    It is very special that it was your Aunt who introduced you to simming <3 It is very nice that you bought the Sims 4 console version and started playing Sims 4 in 2020,and that you own nearly all the packs. The packs add great features, themes, and cas and build mode items to the game. It is great that you stream on Twitch! Simmers would enjoy watching it.
    Happy simming! :)
  • Cindy21980Cindy21980 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi! My name is Cindy. I don't remember how long ago it was when I first played Sims. I do remember playing on my cell phone to begin with. I continued on my computer with Sims 3 I think. I do remember playing it when my young grandson looked on. My child was walking across the backyard when suddenly a meteor came out of the sky and killed the little boy! I was totally shocked since it wasn't supposed to happen! I hurriedly shut down the game because my grandson was watching and was confused. I surely didn't know how to explain it to him.
    I decided to go to school and got my degree in teaching elementary school.
    I retired recently and found I had a lot of time now. Then I came across Sims Freeplay. I got hooked and now I play every day. However I don't get any sleep now!😀
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 157,809 Member
    Cindy21980 wrote: »
    Hi! My name is Cindy. I don't remember how long ago it was when I first played Sims. I do remember playing on my cell phone to begin with. I continued on my computer with Sims 3 I think. I do remember playing it when my young grandson looked on. My child was walking across the backyard when suddenly a meteor came out of the sky and killed the little boy! I was totally shocked since it wasn't supposed to happen! I hurriedly shut down the game because my grandson was watching and was confused. I surely didn't know how to explain it to him.
    I decided to go to school and got my degree in teaching elementary school.
    I retired recently and found I had a lot of time now. Then I came across Sims Freeplay. I got hooked and now I play every day. However I don't get any sleep now!😀

    Hello @Cindy21980 :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    It was very nice that your grandson was watching you as you were simming, but it wasn’t good that a meteor killed your sim in your games, and that he saw it happen!
    Congratulations on getting the teaching degree! That is great!
    It is very nice that you are enjoying playing Sims Freeplay.
    Happy simming! :)
  • Cutie_Pie3074Cutie_Pie3074 Posts: 284 Member
    Hello, I am not new to the forums but I've been inactive for quite a while so it's best I reintroduce myself. My name's Ben and I've been playing sims games since 5 years ago. I'm really hoping to hop back in to the flow of things on the forum, and I'm glad I got to say hi
    "This is your team? Cool... I like the vibe. "
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 157,809 Member
    Hello, I am not new to the forums but I've been inactive for quite a while so it's best I reintroduce myself. My name's Ben and I've been playing sims games since 5 years ago. I'm really hoping to hop back in to the flow of things on the forum, and I'm glad I got to say hi

    Hello @Cutie_Pie3074 :) Welcome back to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been simming for five years. You have been enjoying spending many fun and happy hours over these years creating, building and playing the game! Simming is fun!
    I hope you enjoy being back on the forums,
    Happy simming! :)
  • stopthiefstopthief Posts: 6 New Member
    Hi! As a kid I absolutely loved the Sims 3, and I've been playing the Sims 4 since 2016. I'm not much of a builder, but I love the storytelling aspects and playing legacies!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 157,809 Member
    stopthief wrote: »
    Hi! As a kid I absolutely loved the Sims 3, and I've been playing the Sims 4 since 2016. I'm not much of a builder, but I love the storytelling aspects and playing legacies!

    Hello @stopthief :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you enjoyed playing Sims 3 when a child, and are enjoying playing Sims 4.
    Legacies are great! It is lovely seeing the new generations of children and how their lives develop in our games. It is very nice seeing the interactions between the generations and siblings.
    Happy simming! :)
  • liliflurliliflur Posts: 1 New Member
    Hmm, what to type. I actually started playing Sims 4 back in Feb/2019 but never signed up for the forums. She/her, Gen X, Autistic, woman of few words, unless it's about something I'm obsessed with, the you will not be able to shut me up. Fair warning.
  • HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 16 Member
    Hello! I've been playing the Sims on and off for years. I played Sims 1 a bit as a kid (and we had a few packs? I don't really remember what we had). I played Sims 2 a lot and participated in a lot of forums back then, but I tapped out of the franchise around the time of Bon Voyage, and passed on Sims 3. I got into Sims 4 during the lockdown last year while waiting to be called back to work. My only regret is waiting until last June to get it instead of back in March. I play rotationally, and I love creating complicated storylines between the families - especially with occults!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 157,809 Member
    liliflur wrote: »
    Hmm, what to type. I actually started playing Sims 4 back in Feb/2019 but never signed up for the forums. She/her, Gen X, Autistic, woman of few words, unless it's about something I'm obsessed with, the you will not be able to shut me up. Fair warning.

    Hello @liliflur :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you have joined the forums. I hope you will enjoy reading the forum threads, and posting on topic threads when you would like to
    Happy simming! :)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 157,809 Member
    HavenRose wrote: »
    Hello! I've been playing the Sims on and off for years. I played Sims 1 a bit as a kid (and we had a few packs? I don't really remember what we had). I played Sims 2 a lot and participated in a lot of forums back then, but I tapped out of the franchise around the time of Bon Voyage, and passed on Sims 3. I got into Sims 4 during the lockdown last year while waiting to be called back to work. My only regret is waiting until last June to get it instead of back in March. I play rotationally, and I love creating complicated storylines between the families - especially with occults!

    Hello @HavenRose :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you started simming by playing Sims 1 as child, and enjoyed playing Sims 2. It is great that you are now back simming again and playing Sims 4. Simming has helped many simmers as they have been going through lockdown. It helps us to take a break from real life and all that is happening in our day and in our lives.
    It is very nice that you playing rotationallly. You would enjoy seeing the interactions between the households.
    Happy simming! :)
  • ZazablablaZazablabla Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi I am here to learn more about the game talk to me if you want d don’t care
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 157,809 Member
    Zazablabla wrote: »
    Hi I am here to learn more about the game talk to me if you want d don’t care

    Hello @Zazablabla :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    I hope you will enjoy reading the forum threads, find helpful game tips snd enjoy posting about what is happening in your game.
    Happy simming! :)
  • l0nelysaturnl0nelysaturn Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello! I'm Saturn. My friend bought me the sims 4 a few days ago and I've been GLUED to it ever since. My pronouns are they/them. I probably won't be extremely active on the forum. So far I enjoy making sims, and I'm not that good at building yet but I'm trying to get used to the building mechanic and to make better looking houses.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 157,809 Member
    Hello! I'm Saturn. My friend bought me the sims 4 a few days ago and I've been GLUED to it ever since. My pronouns are they/them. I probably won't be extremely active on the forum. So far I enjoy making sims, and I'm not that good at building yet but I'm trying to get used to the building mechanic and to make better looking houses.

    Hello @l0nelysaturn :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    It was very kind of your friend to buy you Sims 4 :) I am glad that you are enjoying playing the game. It is fun making sims,giving them background details and seeing how their lives develop in our games!
    Happy simming! :)
  • AberrantlyAnderAberrantlyAnder Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey, Hello, and Salutations. I'm Ander, and because I've seen a few others saying theirs, my pronouns are he/him.
    I've been playing the Sims for a few, some odd years, but this is admittedly my first time ever "officially" joining the community. I consider myself to be (occasionally) well-rounded and knowledgeable, but social media -- especially forums -- are not quite my area of expertise. This is probably my first time in quite a few years making a post in any sort of fashion (unless commenting on Webtoon counts, in which case this would be the first time given a few minutes). All that to say, I apologize in advance if I post in the wrong places on occasion or am ignorant to any assumed 'forum-etiquette' that you would only acquire after having spent some time on these.
    In all honesty, the deciding factor for me to actually click "sign-in" was because Google Searching for questions I had regarding the game were, I guess, relatively unique. That, or Google AI deciding that because I'm a college student, MCCC *must* mean "Mercer County Community College" despite me living quite a bit aways from it... but I digress.
    I hope to get to know the community better through this and hopefully add a little here and there myself. (One question, or two, really. Is giving light-hearted/joking yet *potentially* non-helpful comments allowed? Honestly the only way I see myself getting to that 15 post quota. Also, is cursing allowed (assuming it's censored)? I tend to throw in a word here and there solely for comedic effect (as opposed to being vulgar), but I can definitely contain myself if it's asked of me, haha).
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 157,809 Member
    Hello @AberrantlyAnder :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    I hope you will enjoy reading the forum threads, meeting fellow simmers, and posting about what is happening in your game.
    It would be best to read the fourum rules.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/979770/forum-rules-guidelines
    One of the rules is not to curse, which is listed in this post
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17611928/#Comment_17611928

    Happy simming! :)
  • starsnrocketsstarsnrockets Posts: 1 New Member
    Ollo - I'm Danni (she/her). Been playing Sims for 20+ years. I was an avid TS2 player, dabbled in TS3, and over the past few years have gotten back into the franchise with TS4. The Sims has always been a mental escape and the further I progress into adulthood the more I need that every now and again. I spend way too much time in CAS and love reimagining builds from the gallery, but developing and playing out storylines is my personal favorite. I also excessively quote movies, so if you got that Megamind reference...you're awesome.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 157,809 Member
    Ollo - I'm Danni (she/her). Been playing Sims for 20+ years. I was an avid TS2 player, dabbled in TS3, and over the past few years have gotten back into the franchise with TS4. The Sims has always been a mental escape and the further I progress into adulthood the more I need that every now and again. I spend way too much time in CAS and love reimagining builds from the gallery, but developing and playing out storylines is my personal favorite. I also excessively quote movies, so if you got that Megamind reference...you're awesome.

    Hello @starsnrockets :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you enjoyed playing Sims 2 and Sims 3, and are now back simming and playing Sims 4. Simming is a great way to take a restful break from real life and all that our day and lives are holding. It is also fun!
    It is very nice that you enjoy spending time in CAS. It is very enjoyable creating sims, giving background stories to them, and choosing outfits that suit them.
    Happy simming! :)
  • SimsirellaSimsirella Posts: 11 New Member
    Hi! You can call me Simsirella. I have been using that name for so looong. I first heard of The Sims when I was on a summer camp. I was just 10 years old that time.And I heard my other friends talking about some really crazy stuff like how they had a barbeque one day and they got their kids burned and the police came in to arrest them etc. And I went like "What is this?! What are you talking about? Is this even real?!" They said "No, it is just The Sims 3" I thought "Wow this should be a fun game to play!" Then I became obsessed with it. I watched Youtubers who played The Sims in my language (And by the time it was hard since not much of a players play The Sims then in my country) For a long time my only choice was to watch people who played The Sims. Because my computer was not very good. After 4 years I got my computer as a gift and the first thing I did was to download The Sims 4. Since then I play it as much as I can. I love The Sims! Also sorry for my English. I am trying to make it better friendsss :))))
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 157,809 Member
    Simsirella wrote: »
    Hi! You can call me Simsirella. I have been using that name for so looong. I first heard of The Sims when I was on a summer camp. I was just 10 years old that time.And I heard my other friends talking about some really crazy stuff like how they had a barbeque one day and they got their kids burned and the police came in to arrest them etc. And I went like "What is this?! What are you talking about? Is this even real?!" They said "No, it is just The Sims 3" I thought "Wow this should be a fun game to play!" Then I became obsessed with it. I watched Youtubers who played The Sims in my language (And by the time it was hard since not much of a players play The Sims then in my country) For a long time my only choice was to watch people who played The Sims. Because my computer was not very good. After 4 years I got my computer as a gift and the first thing I did was to download The Sims 4. Since then I play it as much as I can. I love The Sims! Also sorry for my English. I am trying to make it better friendsss :))))

    Hello @Simsirella :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you first heard The Sims when a child, and was on a Summer camp with your friends. It is very nice that you enjoyed watching YouTube simming. It would have been very exciting for you when you got a new computer and could play Sims 4! Simming is enjoyable and fun!
    I hope you will enjoy meeting fellow simmers as you read and post on the forum threads.
    Happy simming! :)
  • Sammytrey00Sammytrey00 Posts: 16 New Member
    Hi everyone! I'm Sammy and I'm 22. My life is not very interesting. I love reading books and watching Netflix. I also have a cat Thomas, he is cream colored and very cunning. I have a fairly routine job and an old car. But I love my boring life.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 157,809 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm Sammy and I'm 22. My life is not very interesting. I love reading books and watching Netflix. I also have a cat Thomas, he is cream colored and very cunning. I have a fairly routine job and an old car. But I love my boring life.

    Hello @Sammytrey00 :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have a cat. He would be a special animal member of your home.Reading a good book is very enjoyable! We want to keep reading to see what happens next! Time can pass quite quickly when reading books!
    I hope you will enjoy reading the forum threads and posting about your sims that are in your game.
    Happy simming! :)
  • KurisKuris Posts: 16 Member
    Hi all ~
    Im Kuris, 20 years old male. Still learning at Uni and working as a bartender, but I love to design things in the Sims at any possible chance I can, or reading! My favourite book of all time is Demian ~

    My earliest memory of the sims is being a young child and playing Sims 2 with my older sister in law, when we went over to her house to see her + family! (not married at the time, of course, just school kids dating)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 157,809 Member
    Kuris wrote: »
    Hi all ~
    Im Kuris, 20 years old male. Still learning at Uni and working as a bartender, but I love to design things in the Sims at any possible chance I can, or reading! My favourite book of all time is Demian ~

    My earliest memory of the sims is being a young child and playing Sims 2 with my older sister in law, when we went over to her house to see her + family! (not married at the time, of course, just school kids dating)

    Hello @Kuris :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    I hope your uni studies are going well. You would enjoy designing in the Sims as a restful break from the stresses of your Uni studies,
    It is very nice that you first starting simming when you played Sims 2 as a child at your sister in laws home. You would have special memories of fun times spent learning about simming :)
    Happy simming! :)
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top