March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• simimpsimimp Posts: 94 Member
    Hello, I'm not the best at introductions but I'm simimp (duh) and I'm still trying to work out my way around this site, lol. I'm a bit late to the party, since I didn't discover sims until TS4 was already out, but I've been playing since late 2015 and my main draw here is all the challenges simmers have made. Currently I'm playing the Disney Legacy challenge, which I started a couple of weeks ago, and I'm almost done with the first generation. It's chaotic, but fun! I hope to find and play more challenges like it. And that's about it. :)
    twas brillig, amirite?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,479 Member
    simimp wrote: »
    Hello, I'm not the best at introductions but I'm simimp (duh) and I'm still trying to work out my way around this site, lol. I'm a bit late to the party, since I didn't discover sims until TS4 was already out, but I've been playing since late 2015 and my main draw here is all the challenges simmers have made. Currently I'm playing the Disney Legacy challenge, which I started a couple of weeks ago, and I'm almost done with the first generation. It's chaotic, but fun! I hope to find and play more challenges like it. And that's about it. :)

Hello @simimp :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you started simming by playing Sims 4 in 2015. You would have been enjoying spending many fun and enjoyable hours ever since, playing, creating and building in the game!
    It is very nice that you enjoy doing challenges :) Challenges are great! They encourage us to play the game in new ways than how we may usually play. I hope that your Disney Legacy challenge continues to go well! :)
    Happy simming! :)
  • SimmermartySimmermarty Posts: 44 Member
    Hello my name is MartySimmer. I love making huge family trees and making every family I have the quote on quote, perfect family. I also recently started the legacy challenge (link to tree in my signature)

I said my name was MartySimmer. I can't even remember my own name. Well, we are only human. :smile:
  • AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    Hi everyone!

I’m not exactly new to the forum, but somehow I never saw this thread 😅

I started playing Sims in about 2002 or 2003, and joined that forum right away, because I couldn’t figure Anything out in the game. I had to post on the forum to ask how to have my Sim answer the phone! That’s how lost I was, lol

Hence my user name - AlwaysAsking - because I do ask a Ton of questions.

I was around 35 when I started playing, you do the math, 😂

I have 3 granddaughters, and a grandson due in July, very exciting!

This game consumes me when I play it, so it was kind of a blessing when Sims 2 got to be to much for my computer, and I had to stop playing for awhile.

I had to skip Sims 3 entirely, computer specs weren’t ever close to compatible. My daughter bought the Sims 4 in January of 2018, and then I started playing again. Now I am up until at least 2am every night playing it.

I desperately miss the aspect of the old build a sim, and how you could make your own patterns for the clothes, and that there was a place we could all upload our stories. Having to write them as a blog is cumbersome to me - whine whine, 😂 lol

I also miss a lot of the old interactions, the ones now are too static and not loving enough.

My passion is taking pictures and writing stories about my little people. Though I love building too. I play with aging off, and I exit without saving if a sim I actually play dies, no matter how much progress I’ll lose.

My first story series is not quite done, it has 30 chapters so far, lol

@rosemow is extremely helpful in either answering my questions herself, or sending me to the right area to find answers. She’s seriously the most patient person I’ve ever met 😅 Thank goodness.

I have been looking for folks who were on the Original sims, and Sims 2 forums. Just to see if we knew each other.

Pm me if you do! Nice to meet all of you!
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
    Hi everyone!

I’m not exactly new to the forum, but somehow I never saw this thread 😅

I started playing Sims in about 2002 or 2003, and joined that forum right away, because I couldn’t figure Anything out in the game. I had to post on the forum to ask how to have my Sim answer the phone! That’s how lost I was, lol

Hence my user name - AlwaysAsking - because I do ask a Ton of questions.

I was around 35 when I started playing, you do the math, 😂

I have 3 granddaughters, and a grandson due in July, very exciting!

This game consumes me when I play it, so it was kind of a blessing when Sims 2 got to be to much for my computer, and I had to stop playing for awhile.

I had to skip Sims 3 entirely, computer specs weren’t ever close to compatible. My daughter bought the Sims 4 in January of 2018, and then I started playing again. Now I am up until at least 2am every night playing it.

I desperately miss the aspect of the old build a sim, and how you could make your own patterns for the clothes, and that there was a place we could all upload our stories. Having to write them as a blog is cumbersome to me - whine whine, 😂 lol

I also miss a lot of the old interactions, the ones now are too static and not loving enough.

My passion is taking pictures and writing stories about my little people. Though I love building too. I play with aging off, and I exit without saving if a sim I actually play dies, no matter how much progress I’ll lose.

My first story series is not quite done, it has 30 chapters so far, lol

@rosemow is extremely helpful in either answering my questions herself, or sending me to the right area to find answers. She’s seriously the most patient person I’ve ever met 😅 Thank goodness.

I have been looking for folks who were on the Original sims, and Sims 2 forums. Just to see if we knew each other.

Pm me if you do! Nice to meet all of you!

Hello @AlwaysAsking :) It was very nice reading about your simming background details :)
    It is a very exciting that you will soon have a precious new little grandchild ! <3 It is a very special time for your family!
    It is great that you enjoy taking photos and writing stories about your sims. I hope that your story series continues to go well :)
    You may like to start a thread in the Challenges, Stories and Legacies section of the forums and post your stories there
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-stories-and-legacies
  • SpinfurSpinfur Posts: 33 Member
    Hello everyone! My name is Spinfur or Spin or Spinny or whatever you want to call me I don't mind!

I'm always enjoyed the sims franchise as I would watch my older sister and brother play it and I'd play Sims 3 Pets on the playstation, now that I'm older and can afford my own video games though I finally got the Sims 4 and all the expansion packs that come with it.

I love creating stories with my sims and even when I do challenges like NSB and all that I still create story that could be unique to other challenges you would see which is fun.

I do love creative writing (I mean it's my minor in college) so I guess that's part of the reason why I like to create stories through my sims, however at the current moment I'm starting a SimLit legacy story soon, just trying to plan out what direction I want to take it.

I also enjoy reading other sims stories because people here are so talented when it comes to writing ^_^

Anyways if you yall want to chat and stuff feel free to PM me! :D
    Spinfur wrote: »
    Hello everyone! My name is Spinfur or Spin or Spinny or whatever you want to call me I don't mind!

I'm always enjoyed the sims franchise as I would watch my older sister and brother play it and I'd play Sims 3 Pets on the playstation, now that I'm older and can afford my own video games though I finally got the Sims 4 and all the expansion packs that come with it.

I love creating stories with my sims and even when I do challenges like NSB and all that I still create story that could be unique to other challenges you would see which is fun.

I do love creative writing (I mean it's my minor in college) so I guess that's part of the reason why I like to create stories through my sims, however at the current moment I'm starting a SimLit legacy story soon, just trying to plan out what direction I want to take it.

I also enjoy reading other sims stories because people here are so talented when it comes to writing ^_^

Anyways if you yall want to chat and stuff feel free to PM me! :D

Hello @Spinfur :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that your siblings were simmers also <3 You would have all enjoyed chatting about The Sims and the sims you were playing in your games. It is nice that you started simming by playing the console version of Sims 3 Pets, and now are enjoying playiing Sims and the expansion packs.
    Sims story writing is a very special part of simming! It is very enjoyable creating background stories for our sims then seeing how their lives progress in our game. It is very nice reading the stories of the lives of the Sims in our fellow simmers games.
    I hope that your SimLit legacy story goes very well! :)
  • shorrasorenshorrasoren Posts: 23 Member
    Hello fellow simmers :)
    I'm Shorrasoren, a french simmer playing in English
    I played some Sims 2 when I got my first computer, completely skipped the Sims 3 and got into the Sims 4 approximately a year ago.
    I love playing around with all the cc and mods, I love how creative the community gets around the sims.
    So yeah, pretty happy to be a part of that.
    Have a nice day xoxo
    Hello fellow simmers :)
    I'm Shorrasoren, a french simmer playing in English
    I played some Sims 2 when I got my first computer, completely skipped the Sims 3 and got into the Sims 4 approximately a year ago.
    I love playing around with all the cc and mods, I love how creative the community gets around the sims.
    So yeah, pretty happy to be a part of that.
    Have a nice day xoxo

Hello @shorrasoren :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you started simming by playing Sims 2, and now after a break from simming you are now back playing again, and are playing Sims 4. Simming is very enjoyable!
    I hope you will enjoy reading the forum threads, meeting and chatting with fellow simmers and enjoy posting about what is happening in your games.
  • DevilariahDevilariah Posts: 124 Member
    Heey everyone!

I love the sims! Been playing since the first one came out and still playing to this day (except sims 4 now :p).
    My favourite part has always been building and i can spend houuurss on a single lot xD
    Hope to see everyones amazing stuff and share my own!
    Have a great day all!!!

Devilariah.
    Devilariah wrote: »
    Heey everyone!

I love the sims! Been playing since the first one came out and still playing to this day (except sims 4 now :p).
    My favourite part has always been building and i can spend houuurss on a single lot xD
    Hope to see everyones amazing stuff and share my own!
    Have a great day all!!!

Devilariah.

Hello @Devilariah :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been simming since the release of the original Sims 1. You would have enjoyed creating a variety of different styles and themes of homes and community venues over the years. Building is a very special part of simming! It is great that we can enjoy expressing our creativity through our creations in the game! It is very nice seeing our sims living in homes we have built for them :)
    Happy simming and building! :)
  • BatmanCowTrainBatmanCowTrain Posts: 4 New Member
    @rosemow I was wondering how you save a sims skill when you add that sim to the library! BTW I have an Xbox one
  • BatmanCowTrainBatmanCowTrain Posts: 4 New Member
    > @BatmanCowTrain said:
    > @rosemow I was wondering how you save a sims skill when you add that sim to the library! BTW I have an Xbox one

> @rosemow said:
    > Hello! Welcome to the Forums! This thread is for new and old simmers to come and introduce themselves, and say a little bit about themselves. We can get to know each other, and welcome simmers to the forums. I look forward to meeting you all, and hearing a little bit about you.
    > Happy simming to everyone!

How do you add a sims skill to the library when you add a sim to the library? I am on Xbox one!
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    I'm Larry, and have played Sims 1, Sims 3 xbox. I am now playing Sims freeplay, and Sims 4. I hope to meet many of you.
    > @BatmanCowTrain said:
    > @rosemow I was wondering how you save a sims skill when you add that sim to the library! BTW I have an Xbox one

> @rosemow said:
    > Hello! Welcome to the Forums! This thread is for new and old simmers to come and introduce themselves, and say a little bit about themselves. We can get to know each other, and welcome simmers to the forums. I look forward to meeting you all, and hearing a little bit about you.

How do you add a sims skill to the library when you add a sim to the library? I am on Xbox one!

Hello @BatmanCowTrain :)
    I am sorry but I don’t play the console version of Sims 4. It would be best to post on a thread in the Console section of the forums
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/console-discussion

Lquinn wrote: »
    I'm Larry, and have played Sims 1, Sims 3 xbox. I am now playing Sims freeplay, and Sims 4. I hope to meet many of you.

Hello @Lquinn :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you started simming by playing the original sims 1, and are now playing Sims FreePlay and Sims 4. Each version of the Sims is very enjoyable and fun to play! It is very nice seeing how the lives of our sims progress through the game and through the age stages.
    I hope that you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers on the forums threads :)
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @AlwaysAsking :) It was very nice reading about your simming background details :)
    It is a very exciting that you will soon have a precious new little grandchild ! <3 It is a very special time for your family!
    It is great that you enjoy taking photos and writing stories about your sims. I hope that your story series continues to go well :)
    You may like to start a thread in the Challenges, Stories and Legacies section of the forums and post your stories there

Thank you so much for the information on that section of the forum! Very cool 😎
    SqxdF0m.png

rosemow wrote: »

Thank you so much for the information on that section of the forum! Very cool 😎

You’re welcome! :)
    Hi everyone,

I got started playing the Sims on...xbox *holds for groans* and didn't have access to the computer game until downloading TS4 last year. I really enjoy hearing about why people play the Sims, what they love/hate about it, what aspects of gameplay are important to them, how their characters behave, all of it. So much so that I'm actually doing a grad school project on the game and how folks talk about it online!

For me, I love spending time making sims and building their relationships, but I have almost no patience for building homes lol. I'm also totally new to the world of mods and expansion packs, so I'm excited to learn a lot here.

Wow! Your grad school project sounds really fun!

If there’s anything I can do to help let me know!

Personally, I’m an addict, I stay up until 2 am or later in order to play, lol

It would be really interesting to see what information you’ve collected so far 😊
    SqxdF0m.png

• AllisimAllisim Posts: 19 Member
    Hello
    Allisim wrote: »
    Hello

Hello @Allisim :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    I hope you will enjoy reading the forum threads, find helpful tips on playing the game, and enjoy posting about your sims households on the threads.
  • SimmingAspieSimmingAspie Posts: 25 Member
    Hi everyone!

I usually lurk around forums but I've decided to join as I am an aspiring Simlit writer!
    Hi everyone!

I usually lurk around forums but I've decided to join as I am an aspiring Simlit writer!

Hello @SimmingAspie :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to posting on the forums!
    It is very nice that you enjoy doing SimsStory writing :) It is a very special part of simming! It is very enjoyable reading the stories that fellow simmers write about the lives of the Sims in their games. I hope that your SimLit writing goes very well! <3
    Happy simming and writing! :)
  • huskaihuskai Posts: 1 New Member
    My name is huskai! I'm a singer I just joined the forums because I just made one of the coolest songs ever and I sang it all in simlish, I can't wait to share it when its done!!!
  • ionasanionasan Posts: 3 New Member
    > @rosemow said:

henlo, I'm just a casual simmer who has been playing since the original The Sims came out. I just play The Sims 4 now and recently have tried out the world of mods and cc (which I'm now obsessed with)! Nice to meet you all! :smile:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top