Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• Options
    KatbagalKatbagal Posts: 107 Member
    Hey @Nomiko13! We just became friends on the sims 3 website :smiley: fancy seeing you here, lol.
    aka underapprciatedalien
    Origin ID~unhappyeggplant
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,735 Member
    Katbagal wrote: »
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello! Well, I'm Katbagal, but you can just call me Kat. I've been playing TS3 for about 4 years. I've never been one to post on forums, just MyPage, but I thought I give this a go :smile: I hope I can be helpful to some extent and help other players :smiley:

Hello @Katbagal :) Welcome to posting on these forums!
    I hope that you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers as you read and post on the threads. I hope that you will enjoy sharing about your simming experiences, and at the same time learn new helpful tips about playing the game also
    Happy simming ! :)

Thank you @rosemow. You've been very helpful so far with getting acquainted to this forum. Although I've been lurking for years, there's a lot to get used to.

You're welcome :). This is a link to a guide to the forums, in case it may help you.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/811263/a-complete-forum-tutorial#latest
  • Options
    Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Hey @Nomiko13! We just became friends on the sims 3 website :smiley: fancy seeing you here, lol.

@Katbagal well, hello there, new friend :smiley:<3 I really hope you become a member here soon. I just got my member status yesterday :blush:
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Options
    KatbagalKatbagal Posts: 107 Member
    Nomiko13 wrote: »

@Katbagal well, hello there, new friend :smiley:<3 I really hope you become a member here soon. I just got my member status yesterday :blush:

@Nomiko13, I hope so too. I think I will though. I've been pretty active today, and hope to be tomorrow. Maybe I'll see you around again :smiley:
    aka underapprciatedalien
    Origin ID~unhappyeggplant
  • Options
    MadeOfCandyMadeOfCandy Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi! I just got TS4 this year, and I really love it, so I thought I might join this website! I'm really into building and cas, have tons of cc, and love talking to people:3
  • Options
    ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member
    Hi! I just got TS4 this year, and I really love it, so I thought I might join this website! I'm really into building and cas, have tons of cc, and love talking to people:3

Oh! Cool! I would love to see some of your creations some time!
    After you become a full member of course!
    unknown.png
  • Options

Hello @MadeOfCandy :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you started playing Sims 4 this year and are enjoying playing the game. Simming is fun! Creating sims households and building homes and venues are very special and enjoyable parts of simming! They are great ways of expressing our creativity and at the same time have fun in the game! It is very nice seeing the sims that we have created and are playing enjoying living in the homes that designed and especially furnished for them.
    There are many talented cc creators in the simming community ! It is kind of them to share the cc creations fellow simmers.
    Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
    Hello!

I'm really bad at introducing myself but oh well... I'm Erica and like everyone else here I love the sims. In fact I'm pretty much an addict. I play the fourth game with minimal custom content and some mods. I love doing challenges and am currently working on the 100 baby challenge. So far it's going pretty well! I also have a main family, which I age up whenever I feel like it and where I really take my time to fully explore the game. I prefer to randomize traits, aspirations and the like so that I don't end up doing the same thing over and over. I also like sharing pictures or stories from my game which is why I registered here! If I was a sim my traits would be good, perfectionist and unflirty. My aspiration would be computer whiz, which fits since I used to work in tech support :lol:

Outside of the sims I'm mostly an indoor person; I enjoy spending time with my kitten, I paint and watch tv series like the good wife, dr. house and arrow. I also enjoy superhero movies, anime and board games. In terms of music I mostly listen to house.

Oh and Erica isn't actually my real name, my username is instead based on my favourite plant genus :smiley: I love heathers because all they need is a trim and some fertilizer from time to time. They're the only plants that survive despite my neglectful treatment... I love flowers, plants and the nature but I really don't have a green thumb at all.

Well, that's pretty much it! Hey, can you guys maybe help me gain enough points so that I can have my own distinctive avatar? That would be awesome because I don't really want to spam the forum just for that :wink:
    CURRENTLY PLAYING: Forum mafias & Minecraft, mainly.
    Taking a break from the sims for a while!
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    Erica87 wrote: »
    Well, that's pretty much it! Hey, can you guys maybe help me gain enough points so that I can have my own distinctive avatar? That would be awesome because I don't really want to spam the forum just for that :wink:

You can go to the offtopic forum and participate in some forum games for that. Go to Username Battle first, it's fast to get your post count up there and especially @Bonxie (and me ^^) will leave you a point for every comment :) (that's actually how I got my points as well).
    Then there is The Simmer Below Me, Yum or Ewww, Have You Ever, A Game of "You Or Me", Word Association,... well, I could probably go on with this list for quite a while ^^ But those alone should already give you the posts to be a Member :)
  • Options
    Hello!

I'm really bad at introducing myself but oh well... I'm Erica and like everyone else here I love the sims. In fact I'm pretty much an addict. I play the fourth game with minimal custom content and some mods. I love doing challenges and am currently working on the 100 baby challenge. So far it's going pretty well! I also have a main family, which I age up whenever I feel like it and where I really take my time to fully explore the game. I prefer to randomize traits, aspirations and the like so that I don't end up doing the same thing over and over. I also like sharing pictures or stories from my game which is why I registered here! If I was a sim my traits would be good, perfectionist and unflirty. My aspiration would be computer whiz, which fits since I used to work in tech support :lol:

Outside of the sims I'm mostly an indoor person; I enjoy spending time with my kitten, I paint and watch tv series like the good wife, dr. house and arrow. I also enjoy superhero movies, anime and board games. In terms of music I mostly listen to house.

Oh and Erica isn't actually my real name, my username is instead based on my favourite plant genus :smiley: I love heathers because all they need is a trim and some fertilizer from time to time. They're the only plants that survive despite my neglectful treatment... I love flowers, plants and the nature but I really don't have a green thumb at all.

Hello @Erica87 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    Doing Challenges are a great way of playing the Sims! I hope that your 100 Baby challenge continues to go well. It is very nice that you are planning to post pictures and write about the stories of the sims in your games. Simmers will enjoy looking at the picure and reading about your sims.
    It is nice that you have a kitten. Our pets are special animal members of our family
    It is very nice that you chose your forum user name based on your favourite flower. Heather is a pretty flower.
  • Options
    Hi @rosemow, thanks for the friendly welcome and also for pointing me to the thread with the requirements to edit posts and post pictures. I don't know yet if I plan to make the 100 baby challenge a full story because it's basically just a sim becoming pregnant over and over again but I will definitely post pictures in the challenge thread. There's other awesome challenges in this forum that I'd like to try out at some point.

Since I can't have children my kitten is basically my family. I don't think it's surprising that he's spoilt rotten :smiley:

Roses are beautiful too! But they require far too much care so I don't even attempt to plant them in my garden. I only have sturdy herbs and low-maintenance flowers. And zucchini but these basically grow like weeds anyway :lol:
  • Options
    Hi @rosemow, thanks for the friendly welcome and also for pointing me to the thread with the requirements to edit posts and post pictures. I don't know yet if I plan to make the 100 baby challenge a full story because it's basically just a sim becoming pregnant over and over again but I will definitely post pictures in the challenge thread. There's other awesome challenges in this forum that I'd like to try out at some point.

Since I can't have children my kitten is basically my family. I don't think it's surprising that he's spoilt rotten :smiley:

Roses are beautiful too! But they require far too much care so I don't even attempt to plant them in my garden. I only have sturdy herbs and low-maintenance flowers. And zucchini but these basically grow like weeds anyway :lol:

Hello.
    You're welcome :)
    It is nice that you grow herbs and zucchinis. Zucchinis do grow very big very quickly! They are great to have in our backyard gardens , and they are tasty to enjoy cooking and eating.
  • Options
    Hello.
    You're welcome :)
    It is nice that you grow herbs and zucchinis. Zucchinis do grow very big very quickly! They are great to have in our backyard gardens , and they are tasty to enjoy cooking and eating.

Haha, yes they do! They also tend to spread very quickly. In the first year you might have enough zucchini to feed your close family but in all the future years they're gonna be so big and so many that you have to gift them to the extended family, your friends and the pesky next door neighbour. It's the same with quinces... One autumn I filled a whole laundry basket with them! :lol:
  • Options
    kibmilkibmil Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi. I have to say, I just couldn't be noobier, so anyone answering will have a chance to mold me from day 1. ... I saw someone playing Sims3 on a plane yesterday and couldn't stop staring at her laptop, just creating a Sim looked like so much fun! So I want to start playing but I really don't know where to begin. I did read that people whose devices can handle the program seem to prefer Sims3 to Sims4. Do you agree? The $ isn't really an issue, I just want to get the best beginner experience I can. I'll be playing on a Windows 8.1 laptop. Any first timer tips or suggestions on where to read up to understand what Sims is all about and how I get started? And 1 other question: will I be interacting with Sims that other people have created, or just within my own Sim-created place? TIA for any words of wisdom. K
  • Options
    kibmil wrote: »
    Hi. I have to say, I just couldn't be noobier, so anyone answering will have a chance to mold me from day 1. ... I saw someone playing Sims3 on a plane yesterday and couldn't stop staring at her laptop, just creating a Sim looked like so much fun! So I want to start playing but I really don't know where to begin. I did read that people whose devices can handle the program seem to prefer Sims3 to Sims4. Do you agree? The $ isn't really an issue, I just want to get the best beginner experience I can. I'll be playing on a Windows 8.1 laptop. Any first timer tips or suggestions on where to read up to understand what Sims is all about and how I get started? And 1 other question: will I be interacting with Sims that other people have created, or just within my own Sim-created place? TIA for any words of wisdom. K

Hello, it would really come down to your personal preference when it comes to which game to get, I for one, prefer Sims3. but it may be best to do some research about the games before deciding. You will be interacting only with sims that you have in your world, but it is possible to download others people's Sims from sites like The Exchange. I'm sure there are other people here who are willing to help you get started simming, I know this is not as informative as it could be, but i'm not great at that :sweat_smile:
    unknown.png
  • Options
    kibmilkibmil Posts: 2 New Member
    No it's Very helpful, thank you. I can't wait to get started. Do I have to be online to play?
  • Options

Hello @kibmil :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to simming and the forums ! It is so very exciting that you have just discovered simming and are planning to become a simmer! :) That is great!
    Both sims 3 and Sims 4 are great versions of the game! Some people prefer one over the other, and other simmers like both versions equally. It may be best to start playing the latest version which is Sims 4. Some simmers have had issues with playing Sims 3 on their laptops. These are two very helpful Simming sites, that explain about the Sims and also have helpful guides.
    http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com
    http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/how-to-play.php
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/tutorials/how-to/make-a-sim.php

With Sims 4, you can download sims from the gallery and place them into your world.
    This link explains about the gallery
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/gallery/

If you have any questions , you can either post them here or you can post them on a thread in the various sections of the forums. There are many helpful and friendly simmers who will try to answer any questions that you have.
  • Options
    No it's Very helpful, thank you. I can't wait to get started. Do I have to be online to play?

No, you should not have to be online to play, there are some aspects of the game you will need but those are minor and shouldn't affect your gameplay much (Sims store and such)
    unknown.png
  • Options

Hello :) You don't need to be online to play the game. With sims 4, you need to log in to Origin and register the game online first, then you can click the origin label at the top of the origin screen and click " go offline" from the drop down menu.
    You need to install origin to play the game, and need to set up an origin account. Each time that you play the game, you need to play through origin.
    https://www.origin.com/en-us/download
  • Options
    LemontailLemontail Posts: 360 Member
    Hello, my name is Ryan and has been there since 2014, but first I didn't notice this. Now that you know, let me introduce myself. I'm a bit of drawing addict, but usually buildings and people in fashion. I am a bit of introvert, but can't be made to spend countless days in home without ever going outside. Also, I'm having a bit of OCD issues, such as tendency to count how long it takes to wash my hair to 28 seconds, making everything in even number, and many more! Still, I can control my anger and put it on safe side. And thanks for including me into the community of the Sims!
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Roif456 wrote: »
    Hello, my name is Ryan and has been there since 2014, but first I didn't notice this. Now that you know, let me introduce myself. I'm a bit of drawing addict, but usually buildings and people in fashion. I am a bit of introvert, but can't be made to spend countless days in home without ever going outside. Also, I'm having a bit of OCD issues, such as tendency to count how long it takes to wash my hair to 28 seconds, making everything in even number, and many more! Still, I can control my anger and put it on safe side. And thanks for including me into the community of the Sims!

Hello @Roif456 :) It is nice to meet you!
    It is very special that you enjoy doing drawings of buildings and fashion models. You would enjoy doing drawings of buildings then bringing the designs into simsgameform.
    I hope that you will enjoy reading and posting on the forum threads and sharing your simming experiences with fellow simmers.
    Happy Simming! :)
  • Options
    LemontailLemontail Posts: 360 Member

It is very special that you enjoy doing drawings of buildings and fashion models. You would enjoy doing drawings of buildings then bringing the designs into simsgameform.
    I hope that you will enjoy reading and posting on the forum threads and sharing your simming experiences with fellow simmers.

Thanks anyway but I don't do that. Just on the paper. Also, I love making stories! You have been nice to everyone, so blessed you. :smile:

• Options

Thanks anyway but I don't do that. Just on the paper. Also, I love making stories! You have been nice to everyone, so blessed you. :smile:

Thankyou :) It is very nice that you enjoy making stories. It is great way of expressing our creativity!

• Options
    RENAMED0420221215RENAMED0420221215 Posts: 24 New Member
    Hello, I am only here to get help with mods.
  • Options
    Hello, I am only here to get help with mods.

Hello @EA_ItsInTheDLC :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    Are you having issues with both script mods and also cc?. What are the issues that you are having? You may like to ask questions on a thread in the Modding and Custom Content section of the forums.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/mods-bugs-issues
    I hope that your issues are worked out very soon,

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top