The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,712 Member
    fabtiffsim wrote: »
    hahaha > @hannahvs3 said:
    > Every time someone says 'Happy simming', I read Happy swimming and I get confused by the swimming part. Then I realize that it's simming and I can breathe normally again. :D
    > Am I the only one with this problem?

I really enjoyed that

Hello @fabtiffsim :) Welcome to the forums! I saw on your wall that you had posted about wanting to change your Avi picture. You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a member and can then post pictures, have a signature, post links and change your Avi profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know

Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    fabtiffsimfabtiffsim Posts: 1,008 Member
  • Options
    hannahvs3hannahvs3 Posts: 211 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > fabtiffsim wrote: »
    >
    > hahaha > @hannahvs3 said:
    > > Every time someone says 'Happy simming', I read Happy swimming and I get confused by the swimming part. Then I realize that it's simming and I can breathe normally again. :D
    > > Am I the only one with this problem?
    >
    > I really enjoyed that
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @fabtiffsim :) Welcome to the forums! I saw on your wall that you had posted about wanting to change your Avi picture. You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a member and can then post pictures, have a signature, post links and change your Avi profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    >
    > Happy simming! :)

Thanks @rosemow ! I also didn't know how to change my picture but now I understand the point/member system. You've been very helpful! :)
    Origin ID: hannahvs3 ~ 'I still love live records; as a fan of rock music- and I still feel like a fan first- I don't think there's anything better than hearing your favourite band live.' ~ Slash
    Various build challenge
  • Options
    Hello @fabtiffsim :) We were posting at the same time! You already know about the required points/posts needed to become a full member.
    It is great that you are planning to enter building challenges! It is enjoyable building for contest themes.
    Happy simming and building! :)
  • Options
    hannahvs3 wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > Every time someone says 'Happy simming', I read Happy swimming and I get confused by the swimming part. Then I realize that it's simming and I can breathe normally again. :D
    >
    > I really enjoyed that
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @fabtiffsim :) Welcome to the forums! I saw on your wall that you had posted about wanting to change your Avi picture. You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a member and can then post pictures, have a signature, post links and change your Avi profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    >

Thanks @rosemow ! I also didn't know how to change my picture but now I understand the point/member system. You've been very helpful! :)

You're welcome :)
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,365 Member
    hannahvs3 wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    >
    > I really enjoyed that
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Yes, Rosemow is a very nice and helpful person on this site... :) She is like the go to person when people have issues with their games and such. It's so nice to have people like her here to help others when they need the help... :)

Thank you @Rosemow for being so helpful... :)

• Options
    Hello @lisasc360 :) Thankyou so very much for your kind words. It is very nice of you.
    Thankyou for all the thoughtful work that you do on the forums to help other simmers too. It is very kind of you.
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,365 Member
    edited March 2016
    You're welcome @Rosemow... :) I try my best to be as helpful as I can to the best of my knowledge... :) And Thank you for your kind words also... :smiley:
  • Options
    juleseast3003juleseast3003 Posts: 318 Member
    Hi
    A little introduction. I'm Julie - I'm a married mum aged 47 in 5 days time and I love the sims. I live in Alcester (near Stratford upon Avon) in the Uk. I've played it on and off for years but just recently I bought my sons laptop off him as I do a bit of extra (paid) work which is so much easier on a computer. He has a desk top gaming pc so didn't use it. I started off with the starter pack and then bought the majority of the expansion packs all except Island Paradise which I'm bit undecided on because of the obvious problems with it.

Im saving hard to get myself a custom built laptop so i can play it hopefully on high graphics without lag ( don't get much now) but I've got to be careful what I put on it.

Love coming on here to get help and I also love watching sims let's play you tube videos as you can pick up lots of tips.

Played a little bit of sims 4 but it crashed on my laptop but it plays fine on my daughters. But I prefer sims 3 because of the open world
    Thanking you in advance
    Julie :)
  • Options
    Hi
    A little introduction. I'm Julie - I'm a married mum and I love the sims. I live in Alcester (near Stratford upon Avon) in the Uk. I've played it on and off for years but just recently I bought my sons laptop off him as I do a bit of extra (paid) work which is so much easier on a computer. He has a desk top gaming pc so didn't use it. I started off with the starter pack and then bought the majority of the expansion packs all except Island Paradise which I'm bit undecided on because of the obvious problems with it.

Im saving hard to get myself a custom built laptop so i can play it hopefully on high graphics without lag ( don't get much now) but I've got to be careful what I put on it.

Love coming on here to get help and I also love watching sims let's play you tube videos as you can pick up lots of tips.

Played a little bit of sims 4 but it crashed on my laptop but it plays fine on my daughters. But I prefer sims 3 because of the open world

Hello @juleseast3003 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you have now bought your sons laptop from him and are finding it easier to do your work on it than the desktop computer. I hope that you will soon have enough money saved to buy the custom built laptop that you are planning to buy. It is nice that you have most of the sims 3 expansion packs. The packs add great new features, activities , venues, worlds, build/buy mode and CAS items to the game. It is enjoyable having our sims living in the diffrerent types of worlds!
    It is enjoyable watching simming YouTube videos! It is great seeing the sims that are in other simmers games as well as we learn new helpful information about playing the game as we watch the videos.
  • Options
    spockellespockelle Posts: 9 New Member
    Hi, I suppose I'm Spockelle here, which is hilarious considering I'm a bearded, Gimli looking dude. Don't know what possessed me to choose that username in 2012, when I was 17, but it seems I'm stuck with it now. I've been playing the Sims and Maxis simulation games since I was practically a fetus in the 1990s. Some of my first memories are of replicating my sadistic back-yard games in Sim Ants (which deserves a comeback) around 97', while waiting for a younger sibling to be born. My friends and I used to have ugly sim competitions after Sims 2's release. Good times. I just got myself the Sims 4: Get to Work (or whatever it's called) to reward myself for my grades, continuing the tradition from childhood. Whenever I hear about a new Sims expansion pack, I still get just as absurdly excited as I did when I was 10 years old. There's no other game I've spent more time playing (the Dragon Age series collectively comes in a distant second). Though disappointed by the lack of Sims 3 style world view in this most recent iteration, I'm still looking forward to seeing how the game will improve and what new directions the developers will take it in.
  • Options
    spockelle wrote: »
    Hi, I suppose I'm Spockelle here, which is hilarious considering I'm a bearded, Gimli looking dude. Don't know what possessed me to choose that username in 2012, when I was 17, but it seems I'm stuck with it now. I've been playing the Sims and Maxis simulation games since I was practically a fetus in the 1990s. Some of my first memories are of replicating my sadistic back-yard games in Sim Ants (which deserves a comeback) around 97', while waiting for a younger sibling to be born. My friends and I used to have ugly sim competitions after Sims 2's release. Good times. I just got myself the Sims 4: Get to Work (or whatever it's called) to reward myself for my grades, continuing the tradition from childhood. Whenever I hear about a new Sims expansion pack, I still get just as absurdly excited as I did when I was 10 years old. There's no other game I've spent more time playing (the Dragon Age series collectively comes in a distant second). Though disappointed by the lack of Sims 3 style world view in this most recent iteration, I'm still looking forward to seeing how the game will improve and what new directions the developers will take it in.

Hello @spockelle :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums! It is very nice that you have been simming for a long time and have been enjoying playing the different variety of simmimg game versions. You would have spent many fun and enjoyable hours simming over the time! Congratulations on your grades! It was special that you bought Get to Work EP to reward yourself for the results of your studies. The new careers in the EP are enjoyable for our sims to have as their career. It is fun joining our sims at their work lot, as well as it is great that our sims can open and run store that sell a variety of items.
  • Options
    gdsssnowmoon69gdsssnowmoon69 Posts: 73 Member
    Hi Everyone, I am Snow Moon .... Well it's my Pseudo-Name. I am a published author/poet. I have been playing The Sims since 2000. I know it isn't important exactly who I am however I do enjoy so much being around people with the same hobbies/likes/fandoms. I love tons of stuff and am a geek in real life. I collect a mega ton of stuff but my weakness is books. I have 4 bookshelves of books. If you have questions I am about 97% honest. (you have to keep that 3% to yourself sometimes ;) ) My favorite is always going to be The Sims 1, because I got hooked on it first. I own all the PC Sims games/expansions/stuffs packs/DLC ... I just enjoy the game more than any other game, close second is Harvest Moon or Mario... I don't talk a whole lot, and I hate drama or getting into debates where people get their feelings hurt. I do love debates with people that don't get offended and are open and honest. I have played with mods/CC/and used cheats. I sometimes spice it up and don't use anything... Sims 4 I haven't used any mods or CC. I still get on The Sims 2 and 3 and always use this name.. <3 Happy Simming <3
  • Options
    Hi Everyone, I am Snow Moon .... Well it's my Pseudo-Name. I am a published author/poet. I have been playing The Sims since 2000. I know it isn't important exactly who I am however I do enjoy so much being around people with the same hobbies/likes/fandoms. I love tons of stuff and am a geek in real life. I collect a mega ton of stuff but my weakness is books. I have 4 bookshelves of books. If you have questions I am about 97% honest. (you have to keep that 3% to yourself sometimes ;) ) My favorite is always going to be The Sims 1, because I got hooked on it first. I own all the PC Sims games/expansions/stuffs packs/DLC ... I just enjoy the game more than any other game, close second is Harvest Moon or Mario... I don't talk a whole lot, and I hate drama or getting into debates where people get their feelings hurt. I do love debates with people that don't get offended and are open and honest. I have played with mods/CC/and used cheats. I sometimes spice it up and don't use anything... Sims 4 I haven't used any mods or CC. I still get on The Sims 2 and 3 and always use this name..

Hello @gdsssnowmoon69 :) It is nice to meet you. It is nice that you started simmng in 2000. You would have enjoyed creating many sims, building homes for them and watching your sims in your games over the years! It is very nice that you are author/poet. Writing is a very special way of expressing our creativity. It is enjoyable bringing our thoughts into written form. It is nice that you enjoy collecting and reading books. Time passes very quickly when we are reading a good book! It is great that you own all the PC games, expansion and stuff packs! The packs add many great features to our game, and it is fun to have our sims visiting new venues and enjoy having them live in a variety of worlds.
  • Options
    hannahvs3hannahvs3 Posts: 211 Member
    > @spockelle said:
    > Hi, I suppose I'm Spockelle here, which is hilarious considering I'm a bearded, Gimli looking dude. Don't know what possessed me to choose that username in 2012, when I was 17, but it seems I'm stuck with it now. I've been playing the Sims and Maxis simulation games since I was practically a fetus in the 1990s. Some of my first memories are of replicating my sadistic back-yard games in Sim Ants (which deserves a comeback) around 97', while waiting for a younger sibling to be born. My friends and I used to have ugly sim competitions after Sims 2's release. Good times. I just got myself the Sims 4: Get to Work (or whatever it's called) to reward myself for my grades, continuing the tradition from childhood. Whenever I hear about a new Sims expansion pack, I still get just as absurdly excited as I did when I was 10 years old. There's no other game I've spent more time playing (the Dragon Age series collectively comes in a distant second). Though disappointed by the lack of Sims 3 style world view in this most recent iteration, I'm still looking forward to seeing how the game will improve and what new directions the developers will take it in.

I like that you buy the Sims as a present for yourself when you get good grades, I do the same :) And everyone is ashamed of the names they chose when they were younger :p
    Origin ID: hannahvs3 ~ 'I still love live records; as a fan of rock music- and I still feel like a fan first- I don't think there's anything better than hearing your favourite band live.' ~ Slash
    Various build challenge
  • Options
    -Skky-Ninja--Skky-Ninja- Posts: 78 Member
    Hi everyone. I'm Ashton. I joined these forums about two years ago I believe, but was never active. Since the release of The Sims 4 I have gained more interest in meeting and communicating with other fans and players of The Sims 4 and The Sims series overall. My first ever Sims game was The Sims 3 (Oh how I loved TS3!). I remember making houseboats and exploring the waters of Isla Paradiso and babysitting kids! Haha. Currently, the only Sims 4 DLC I have is Get to Work, but I may get a stuff pack for an Easter present today. :)

Well, I look forward to meeting many new people here and sharing my Simming experiences with the community. Have a great Easter (If you celebrate it of course.) and a great day overall! :)
    Origin ID: ashtendo
  • Options
    Hi everyone. I'm Ashton. I joined these forums about two years ago I believe, but was never active. Since the release of The Sims 4 I have gained more interest in meeting and communicating with other fans and players of The Sims 4 and The Sims series overall. My first ever Sims game was The Sims 3 (Oh how I loved TS3!). I remember making houseboats and exploring the waters of Isla Paradiso and babysitting kids! Haha. Currently, the only Sims 4 DLC I have is Get to Work, but I may get a stuff pack for an Easter present today. :)

Well, I look forward to meeting many new people here and sharing my Simming experiences with the community. Have a great Easter (If you celebrate it of course.) and a great day overall! :)

Hello @-Skky-Ninja- :) It is nice to meet you. It is great that you have started posting on the forums. I hope that you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers on the forum threads, learn new helpful tips about playing the game, and enjoy posting about the sims in your games! It is nice that you first started simming by playing Sims 3. Island Paradise is a great sims 3 expansion pack! It is fun having our sims living on houseboats and enjoyable having them own and run resorts.
    I hope that you receive a Sims 4 stuff pack for Easter! That would be great! I hope that you have a very special Easter Day!
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > -Skky-Ninja- wrote: »
    >
    > Hi everyone. I'm Ashton. I joined these forums about two years ago I believe, but was never active. Since the release of The Sims 4 I have gained more interest in meeting and communicating with other fans and players of The Sims 4 and The Sims series overall. My first ever Sims game was The Sims 3 (Oh how I loved TS3!). I remember making houseboats and exploring the waters of Isla Paradiso and babysitting kids! Haha. Currently, the only Sims 4 DLC I have is Get to Work, but I may get a stuff pack for an Easter present today. :)
    >
    > Well, I look forward to meeting many new people here and sharing my Simming experiences with the community. Have a great Easter (If you celebrate it of course.) and a great day overall! :)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @-Skky-Ninja- :) It is nice to meet you. It is great that you have started posting on the forums. I hope that you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers on the forum threads, learn new helpful tips about playing the game, and enjoy posting about the sims in your games! It is nice that you first started simming by playing Sims 3. Island Paradise is a great sims 3 expansion pack! It is fun having our sims living on houseboats and enjoyable having them own and run resorts.
    > I hope that you receive a Sims 4 stuff pack for Easter! That would be great! I hope that you have a very special Easter Day!

It's nice to meet you too! Thank you, I do too! Yeah, it really is a great one, haha. :) And thank you, you too!
  • Options
    ilovescampersilovescampers Posts: 99 Member
    Hello. I'm not sure how often I'll visit the forums here. I'm actually more interested in creating for the Sims 4 than I am in playing the game! I'm at TheSimsResource.com; my username is SimPeopleRampage. I've got a few things uploaded there for others to download. Hopefully, I'll get more put up. Still trying to learn Blender. I actually came here looking for some insight on how to create lamps. I remember on the Sims 3 site there were some tutorials. Anyway, nice to meet y'all!
    Guess what? I am actually LolaBelleSims; previously, SimPeopleRampage. I changed the name in honor of my daughter who passed away in 2014. We called her Lolabelle & it's her fault I'm addicted to the Sims, anyway, the booger. You can find my junk at Lolabellesims.tumblr.com and at The Sims Resource.
  • Options
    Hello. I'm not sure how often I'll visit the forums here. I'm actually more interested in creating for the Sims 4 than I am in playing the game! I'm at TheSimsResource.com; my username is SimPeopleRampage. I've got a few things uploaded there for others to download. Hopefully, I'll get more put up. Still trying to learn Blender. I actually came here looking for some insight on how to create lamps. I remember on the Sims 3 site there were some tutorials. Anyway, nice to meet y'all!

Hello @ilovescampers :) It is nice to meet you. It is great that you create cc items for sims 4! It is kind of you to share your items with the simming community so as other simmers can also enjoy having them in their games.
    This is a thread on the forums that contains links to mods /cc tutorials
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/849548/mods-faq-links-to-tutorials-resources#latest
  • Options
    sdangelo78sdangelo78 Posts: 75 Member
    Hi Everyone
    I've been playing the sims since the original came out and previously was active in the community but took a break after the sims 2. Some of you may know me as ocean-breeze. Anyhow I'm happy to be getting back to the sims and the community and look forward to getting to know everyone.
  • Options
    sdangelo78 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone
    I've been playing the sims since the original came out and previously was active in the community but took a break after the sims 2. Some of you may know me as ocean-breeze. Anyhow I'm happy to be getting back to the sims and the community and look forward to getting to know everyone.

Hello @sdangelo78 :) It is nice to meet you. It is nice that you have been playing the Sims since the original sins was released. It is great that you have now returned to simming and the community after a break. I hope that you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers on the forums, and enjoy posting about your simmimg experiences .
  • Options
    OrionTheWandererOrionTheWanderer Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi all! My name is Orion, I'm 16 and I've been playing The Sims, since I was around 7, I started on the PS2 and instantly fell in love. I've only recently taken up the love for building, I think it's something to do with how cozy you can make the houses in TS4. I've started making speed builds, and I'm planning on playing some challenges (after I move), I'll probably just wait until I become a member before directing people to those. I really don't know why I didn't make an account before now! I'm looking forward to conversing with everyone!
  • Options
    > @OrionTheWanderer said:
    > Hi all! My name is Orion, I'm 16 and I've been playing The Sims, since I was around 7, I started on the PS2 and instantly fell in love. I've only recently taken up the love for building, I think it's something to do with how cozy you can make the houses in TS4. I've started making speed builds, and I'm planning on playing some challenges (after I move), I'll probably just wait until I become a member before directing people to those. I really don't know why I didn't make an account before now! I'm looking forward to conversing with everyone!

Welcome to the forums!
  • Options
    Hi all! My name is Orion, I've been playing The Sims, since I was around 7, I started on the PS2 and instantly fell in love. I've only recently taken up the love for building, I think it's something to do with how cozy you can make the houses in TS4. I've started making speed builds, and I'm planning on playing some challenges (after I move), I'll probably just wait until I become a member before directing people to those. I really don't know why I didn't make an account before now! I'm looking forward to conversing with everyone!

Hello @OrionTheWanderer :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums! It is nice that you first started simming by playing the console version and then that led you to the PC version. Building is a very enjoyable part of simming! It is nice that we can design, build and furnish a variety of different types, themes and styles of homes and venues. It is great that you do speed builds! Simmers would enjoy watching the videos. I hope your planned challenges go well.
    I hope that your moving home goes well, and that you settle in to the new house and neighbourhood as smoothly as possible.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top