Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Unsupported Age" Found Between baby and child lifestate in Sims 4 files -> Toddlers?

Comments

• Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    edited February 2015
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    I think it's pretty much confirmed toddlers are coming back, first people found "toddlers" in the game files then they found a texture and now this. You will have to admit SimGurus!

Textures?

Yes, you already asked me to post the textures :p Put i can post again.

tumblr_nixhkcUf7k1sdo4uwo1_500.png

I thought this was a texture for a baby Sim used in one of The Sims 4 renders?

There's no reason for the render sim textures be in the game files, they don't make render ingame they use a external program like 3DS Max for example.

tenor.gif
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    Saunta2 wrote: »
    Nooooooooo, I don't want toddlers :'(

Thing is, without toddlers, no one can have them whether they want them or not. But if there were toddlers, you could choose.
    I always aged my toddlers up after a day, sometimes two, because I got sick of them. But I still feel like they should be there so I can choose whether I feel like playing with them or not.
    If you decided you hated french fries, you wouldn't expect restaurants to remove them and take the choice from everyone.
    I agree completely. I was never a toddler or pets fan. They annoyed me. But I still want them in the game for the people who liked them. Besides, there's always a distant possibility that someday I/you will want them.

Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    I think it's pretty much confirmed toddlers are coming back, first people found "toddlers" in the game files then they found a texture and now this. You will have to admit SimGurus!

Textures?

those are the babies texture
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    This is great news, if they add Toddlers in ... Well I'd be really relieved for one!
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »
    kimjo313 wrote: »
    Evalen wrote: »
    I'm not sure what they were thinking, but it does look strange to such a large jump, but there were a lot of people who complained about toddlers, you know the old saying "Be careful what you ask for". Like the movies when a Gene says you have three wishes. you get what you want but not the way you wanted and it always turns out bad.

And I would be very wary about what toddlers may end up like in TS4! Look what they did to babies. What you ask for may in no way resemble what you wanted!

kim :\

I think quite a few simmers are concerned about toddlers being stuck in a playpen... like a minor pet. :cry:

The child haters would probably actually love that.

• Options
    howsimlishhowsimlish Posts: 709 Member
    edited February 2015
    Don't worry, toddlers will come. I'm not a huge fan of families/legacies/ect. but I understand people want them and why. The guru's read the forums and know people want them for sure, I've seen them mention it a few times.

They've added lifestates before and there's also more files in the game that hint at toddlers, I'll try to look for those...

But I'm sure, when the time comes, we'll get an update for toddlers in the next couple of months or so and an expansion pack filled with stuff to do with them ( and won't be stuck in a playpen, certainly not with the amount of people who want them, the more people who buy their game the more money they get. )
  • Options
    cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member
    Yikes that is the Demon Baby Glitch 2.0?
    PC Specs:
    Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
    Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
    6685561181.png
    Rogers Ignite 70u internet
  • Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    edited February 2015
    Even without seeing that file, I would have guessed that toddlers would be added eventually. The Sims Team have really been listening to the things we want to see in this game for the past couple of months. Toddlers is a huge thing that a majority of the community would like to see and the sims team know this (boy, do they know!) and they've acknowledged that they hear/see this. Unless they just straight out ignore this wish, I don't see how they couldn't add toddlers eventually.
  • Options
    SkellySpadesSkellySpades Posts: 328 Member
    Ohhh! So excited!!! :D
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Call me old fashioned but I loved the days when everything was a surprise and no one found
    anything like this out until it was announced.

Happy Valentines Day to everyone
    <3<3
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member

Textures?

I call this the "Ghost Baby", just because it's not the in-game baby, I compared it with the in-game baby texture and there're some differences. I not sure if it is a toddler, but I'm pretty optimistic.

The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member

Textures?

those are the babies texture

TS4 babies don't have diapers.

tenor.gif
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    All I can say is that it better be free content. I'm sure that most people who want them in the game don't feel like they should have to *pay* for a lifestage that should have never been taken out in the first place. Even if there was a time crunch, removing the toddlers was a major mistake. I think most people would have accepted the limitations of the game if all the lifestages we are used to in previous iterations had been available to us.

We might still be gritching about lack of content, but the family gameplayers (while grumbling about toddler limitations) would at least be looking forward to a "Generations" type EP that would add additional content and animations to the game. I'd buy a "Generations" type EP if we got toddlers in a free patch.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    Here it's the baby's texture:
    16342255930_d3decb0066_o.png
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • Options
    The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    Here it's the baby's texture:
    16342255930_d3decb0066_o.png

That is even scarier :O
  • Options
    The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    Is there a child texture?
  • Options
    SenbreSenbre Posts: 997 Member
    Probably means removed
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    I read earlier, like months ago, that all there was in the code for toddlers was a folder with no contents. So either this is new or is meaningless. Personally, I think we will not get toddlers. Too time consuming and too difficult, doesn't fit within the current EAmaxis vision for the game.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    hurfrhurfr Posts: 143 Member
    Wow. This must mean that they are coming back? They probably already made them but didn't get chance to finish them. They've probably just been finishing them. They'll put them in when the sales slow down again to prod people into buying the game.

Also why does the baby texture have teeth? Babies aren't born with teeth :')
  • Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    Could this mean EA is working on toddlers for us at the moment?

Or was working on it from the beginning? ;)
  • Options
    PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member

Textures?

I would assume that this is probably an early baby texture. It certainly looks better than the babies we currently have though. :|
    Is there a child texture?

http://sims4studio.com/thread/243/sim-body-texture-templates

Just scroll down a bit. This isn't the actual texture being used in-game, but it gives you an idea of what the child texture looks like.
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    Evalen wrote: »
    I'm not sure what they were thinking, but it does look strange to such a large jump, but there were a lot of people who complained about toddlers, you know the old saying "Be careful what you ask for". Like the movies when a Gene says you have three wishes. you get what you want but not the way you wanted and it always turns out bad.
    I just hope they add toddlers for all the unhappy folks who want them but give the option to age them up immediately. :smiley: Hated toddler stage. Yes, they were cute. Yes they were the most annoying thing in the game :wink: But I do not wish for everyone to suffer without them just because I didn't enjoy them.

*crosses fingers for all the toddler loving simmers!*

If the option isn't in game I'm sure there'll be a mod out there to do it -- you could use a mod or cheat to add all the needed skills then age them up right away. (Did that a few times with my Sims 3 toddlers if I needed them as children for the storyline.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member

Textures?

That's utterly creepy... I hope it's optional a Pack I can skip... Otherwise I'm giving birth through CAS.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I want toddlers in the Sims 4 and yes there still feels like a huge gap between the ages right now. I'm just waiting on the news on when they will be put into the game and how. It's odd this is the first time in fifteen years a life stage as determined my decision of purchasing further expansions or not. If the Sims 4 had come after the Sims 1 or been a side game, then maybe feelings would have been different.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top