Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Unsupported Age" Found Between baby and child lifestate in Sims 4 files -> Toddlers?

Comments

• Ashley1110Ashley1110 Posts: 77 Member
    It is possible! I hope it isn't a joke though..
    [img][/img]IhFK7VN.gif

• sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    If they do include toddlers, I will make it my personal mission to purchase this "game".
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @soph18049 wrote: »
    Fingers crossed! That's all I need!

...along with more addicting gameplay but hopefully Tods do the trick!

If Get To Work is as addicting as Open For Business, I'm gonna have to throw my life away for about 3 months :p
    @Moodbeamy wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    They only had over a year to add in the extra life stages. I'd rather them implement them properly (like they did with the Children this time) then quickly get them done (like they did with Teens).

But this would basically indicate Toddlers are in the works. They would have just removed the coding from the game, had they never planned to finish them :)

They might not necessarily have removed the coding. Plenty of games have leftover coding from concepts which were removed.

True True, but I doubt it. Pretty much everything we've found in the files so far, have hinted to what we have received later.
    It could easily be left over coding, but since it's been found now, even though everyone searched every inch of the files before, would suggest to me otherwise.

I believe considering this is coding about Life Stages, that someone surely would have found it earlier had it been in there. We have literally found everything else within the first month of owning the game. Some info came from the Pre-Download as well.
  • ts3semlts3seml Posts: 440 Member
    I believe toddlers will be back and I don't think they will be stuck in a playpen. I could be proven very very wrong but I have every expectation that we will have them.
    @ts3seml wrote: »
    I believe toddlers will be back and I don't think they will be stuck in a playpen. I could be proven very very wrong but I have every expectation that we will have them.

I don't think they would even bother with Toddlers if that were the case. Babies being stuck to the Bassinet was more of a design choice, Sims already know how to carry babies, it wouldn't be hard to program them holding a Baby around the house.

My honest theory is that in The Sims 4 multi-tasking can often mean Sims holding certain items disappear. Like when Sims hug or something, a Plate they were eating off will disappear. Then re-appear. And with Babies, it means that if a Sim was carrying them around, theres a strong chance it was difficult to code the game where Babies wouldn't disappear and reappear.

Don't know if it's true, but it's the most logical theory I have.
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,374 Member
    I hope that's what it means. That would be nice.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    edited February 2015
    Yeah I think this is essentially confirmation that they are working on it! Also I'm surprised there is already so much negativity on this thread? Isn't this what you were all plum-ing about when the game was released!
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Not sure if I want them to make toddlers. Seeing as, carrying babies aren't worth the time and effort anymore. What will they do with toddlers? Attach to a playpen :/
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    They're definitely coming back. It's, since the backlash, been a question of "when" rather than "if".
  • XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    I think it's pretty much confirmed toddlers are coming back, first people found "toddlers" in the game files then they found a texture and now this. You will have to admit SimGurus!
    tenor.gif
  • The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    I think it's pretty much confirmed toddlers are coming back, first people found "toddlers" in the game files then they found a texture and now this. You will have to admit SimGurus!

Textures?
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    I'm not sure what they were thinking, but it does look strange to such a large jump, but there were a lot of people who complained about toddlers, you know the old saying "Be careful what you ask for". Like the movies when a Gene says you have three wishes. you get what you want but not the way you wanted and it always turns out bad.
    I just hope they add toddlers for all the unhappy folks who want them but give the option to age them up immediately. :smiley: Hated toddler stage. Yes, they were cute. Yes they were the most annoying thing in the game :wink: But I do not wish for everyone to suffer without them just because I didn't enjoy them.

*crosses fingers for all the toddler loving simmers!*

Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
    edited February 2015

Textures?

Yes, you already asked me to post the textures :p Put i can post again.

tumblr_nixhkcUf7k1sdo4uwo1_500.png

tenor.gif
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Toddlers are definitely coming. The gurus are working on them! Patiently persistent, that's all we need to be :blush: I seriously hope the toddlers are as cute as TS4 kids, and I hope that with all of the TS3 complaints and TS2 gushes, they'll opt to make the tots more like TS2, and of course add more features to them like more skilling options, more interactions with family members, etc.
  • AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    This could be a sign that toddlers are coming soon or it could mean nothing at all... I think it's better if everyone expects nothing so if we do get them we can all be happy...

You can feel however you want of course! Just from other things that have happened in the past, I don't want to see people disappointed yet again... Until we get info from the devs on toddlers I'm going to assume that nothing is coming any time soon if at all.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    Sims 2 had several removed features that have remains in the code, like a Boss scenario and an extra aspiration.

But yes, I think toddlers will be coming eventually, probably in an expansion pack. The backlash over their removal has been too huge.
  • The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member

Textures?

That... Is... Really... Scary :open_mouth:

Textures?

That... Is... Really... Scary :open_mouth:

Ikr, it's like if they smashed a toddler, but that's how devs work with textures for characters.

tenor.gif
  • mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member

Textures?

I don't think I want toddlers anymore...
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Suddenly I have images of fruit rollups, the creepy edition in my head :neutral_face:
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member

Textures?

I thought this was a texture for a baby Sim used in one of The Sims 4 renders?
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    Saunta2 wrote: »
    Nooooooooo, I don't want toddlers :'(
    I will just cheat them out or through, like I did in 3 so no worries for me one way or the other, but, I hope they come to stop some of the posts that come about them.

• colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    $1000 DLC.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top