Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Unsupported Age" Found Between baby and child lifestate in Sims 4 files -> Toddlers?

Comments

• sydwilgirl23sydwilgirl23 Posts: 671 Member
    well when you open s4studio when you choose an cloth to recolor you can go to werehouse tab there you will find the files of the package when you choose cas part there is under age/gender two unknown ages i think one for toddler and one for preteens this are going to be add later sometime and for sure this are not coding left over since they are not only for toddler they are twoiZB11tY.jpg?1

Hmm...Two unknown ages....Baby is not one of them. They are known in the game's coding, and besides, they aren't really in create-a-sim. One is toddler and the other one must be preteen!
  • monia_vukmonia_vuk Posts: 121 Member
    edited April 2015
    Mkay, guys. I haven't seen anyone propose this idea, but has anyone noticed how babies aren't listed as an age? Has anyone also noticed how it kind of seems like the list is going in order (un1,un2, child, teen...) and finally, has anyone thought of the idea that maybe, just maybe, they're fixing the problem with babies and multitasking and trying to update this age and also introduce toddlers? If they introduce toddlers that aren't attached to anything and if toddlers can be carried and put down and lifted up, then why would there be a problem with carrying babies?

My theory would be that they're introducing an updated version of babies and bringing back toddlers. So, two ages :smile:

Edited: for a bonus explanation, I guess.
  • The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    monia_vuk wrote: »
    Mkay, guys. I haven't seen anyone propose this idea, but has anyone noticed how babies aren't listed as an age? Has anyone also noticed how it kind of seems like the list is going in order (un1,un2, child, teen...) and finally, has anyone thought of the idea that maybe, just maybe, they're fixing the problem with babies and multitasking and trying to update this age and also introduce toddlers? If they introduce toddlers that aren't attached to anything and if toddlers can be carried and put down and lifted up, then why would there be a problem with carrying babies?

My theory would be that they're introducing an updated version of babies and bringing back toddlers. So, two ages :smile:

I can't remember which guru said it but a while back in an ask a guru thread a guru said they were working on improving babies and hoping to remove the attached to crib thing, so you could very well be right!
  • LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    There won't be enough popcorn in the world on the day that toddlers are being added to TS4. This forum will descend into a cryfest of people yelling they'll never buy a Simsgame again and that Simgurus are incompetent losers.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Necro - Necro

Not really :P the threads been on and off since I posted, some posts in February, some at the start of March, some at the End and now In April
  • XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    There won't be enough popcorn in the world on the day that toddlers are being added to TS4. This forum will descend into a cryfest of people yelling they'll never buy a Simsgame again and that Simgurus are incompetent losers.

Huh? People will be happy when they add toddlers...

tenor.gif
  • EldreshEldresh Posts: 35 Member
    > @XopaxPax said:
    > Huh? People will be happy when they add toddlers...

But this is people we're talking about. We'll find something to complain about, I guarantee it.
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Either a terrible joke from the developers or a chance to jump up and down from excitement! Let's pray for the latter!!! ;)
    Eldresh wrote: »
    > @XopaxPax said:

But this is people we're talking about. We'll find something to complain about, I guarantee it.

People will be like "These toddlers have too many options! You spent too much time on them!"
    Eldresh wrote: »
    > @XopaxPax said:

People will be like "Toddlers have too many options! You spent too much time on them!"
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2015

I can't remember which guru said it but a while back in an ask a guru thread a guru said they were working on improving babies and hoping to remove the attached to crib thing, so you could very well be right!

Yes, but if I recall in that same chat - that was one of the engineers/programmers talking and the engineer that in fact two weeks later was given an assignment to go work on another new project - so if he was the engineer making all the many needed aspects of bringing Toddlers to life - and they sent him to Salt Lake City to go work on that new mobile App they started - where does that leave us? There are just a couple of engineers and that one in fact was one that had been with the game since Sims 1 - If I recall right he did all the sims animations for all stages of sims in Sims 2 - even the wonderful car animations we had in Sims 2 - so I do not really feel any confidence that this is the one game engineer and animator they send off to ten buck two and then be able to think at the same time we will get toddlers or any improvements to the baby object.

I feel we have been left with the whiny - it's too hard and too expensive " Guru's and tons of artist seeing they made it clear the game was made so they would not be as dependent on animator and engineers after the base game - unlike previous sims games. i am not exactly seeing fantastic animation here folks - never mind a life stage as special as toddlers and interactive babies.

Does this not bother anyone else like it bothers me? Or did you just not notice all that?

ETA - Also add to that the fact Sims Guru John another that did a lot of those kind of things since at least Sims 2 and a bit longer than that - also left EA completely to move to the East coast due to something to do with his family - John did all kinds of things in the game - on top of having the experience long time with the series.... i guess I just do not have the confidence the rest of you seem to have. Maybe I am just a doom sayer - but looking at the statistics, facts and looking at it all logically - well I don't see the promise I felt before at least these two programmers/engineers etc left this barely floating ship called the Sims 4 - that I keep seeing from other posters. Never mind the fact all the "SILENCE" coming from the Guru Camp speaks volumes by itself. So much for all the proclaiming to converse and be one on one with us just a few months ago - now they are all silent. Silence never fixes anything.... and that is a fact.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

@Writin_Reg Don't worry on twitter after Grant left SimGuruRusskii told us not to worry as Grant hadn't left the team he was working on another aspect of Sims 4 too time consuming for him to stay on twitter :P
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2015
    Billy - NO, not Grant. He is not an engineer/ programmer. Grant is just like Graham a developer - a Dev. Grant comes and goes like the rain - that is not unusual. He even has his "own thing" he works on on the side too. It was not Grant I was talking about. it was the Engineers programmer who was chatting with us all the time and explaining all about programming and animation we all liked hearing about. He's gone. Ea sent him elsewhere to work on another project. Then the second engineer Guru John left EA period to move to east Coast. I told him he should look up Alan Copeland who moved EAst after Sims 3 store closed and get in where Alan went to work.

But Grant is the least of my worries and in fact is one of the ones i call the whiney "it's too hard or too expensive" Guru's. Just a Dev - Devs don't do animations. They do things like the bear suit - which was one of Grants creations for the camping GP if I remember correctly. (JUst to clarify - I am not meaning to put down Grant or anyone else - they do their own things well - but the fact is one does not depend on a housekeeper to fix their plumbing or a car mechanic to cater a wedding dinner. That is how different those kind of jobs are. Sure there are some developers that can program some things - but head engineers and programmers is what makes everything work right. Engineers are always few in numbers where as games have tons of Devs that have their own specialties. Engineer ties everything together and makes it all work and show right. They make the game come to life - so to speak. With out them you just have pictures and statues.)

Sims Guru Eric Holms and Sims Guru John - Eric does all the live mode design and animations - EA pulled him and sent him elsewhere. John does all sort of stuff and he left EA period - to go East. That is not even counting the two long time Devs that also left EA period like Ryan Vaughn, and I forget the other guys name off the top of my head but he was there longer than Ryan even. Ben Bell is still in Salt Lake City last I knew in charge of that whole mobile App garbage - which they should have sent Rachel there and brought him back to the Series as at least he did great things for Sims 3.

Personally i wish they brought back Tim Letourneau - that guy is amazing in the Sims 1 and 2 - or even Hunter Hayes - but of course Hunter now has his own game at EA and probably not the least bit into Sims things now. But he was a great Sims game Creator among many many aspects of the game in Sims 2. Hunter though has Dawn Gate game - i believe that is the name of it.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    So if they keep yanking the people who can actually DO stuff in the game, no wonder we can't get any answers :/ Don't they have any say before EA yanks them to go elsewhere, or do they think they can actually handle it? Shouldn't they be getting replaced at the very least? Geesh...
  • JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    edited April 2015
    This is a very interesting thread, but I try to avoid it as it always gets my hopes up :P TS4 is a mess bugwise at the moment, I can't even open my game now, and the "bugs and issues" thread has exploded, imagine how they'd cope with all the bugs that'd come with toddlers as well as the hundreds already lurking around

My sister said she saw a facebook post of someone claiming to be a Guru's brother saying toddlers were almost finished, but I wouldn't trust Facebook, it's so easy to make an account and make up any old rubbish.

I don't think the game files is proof of toddlers. Sim Guru (I forgot) said that all the lifestages from TS3 were going to be in the base game, he didn't mention pre teens, yet there was still hints of pre teens in the coding.

They won't even fix the kids in the bar issue, what's next, toddlers as bartenders?
  • taylor7878taylor7878 Posts: 151 Member
    i want toddlers back a do play the family style and a feel that toddlers missing makes family games boring like there is something missing a dont even mind playing for it in a expansion pack if we get loads of toddlers stuff.... and a hope they do update the babies would be nice to be able to bath them and take them for walks and do other stuff with them...
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited April 2015
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    They're definitely coming back. It's, since the backlash, been a question of "when" rather than "if".

That is my feeling. For those thinking that they may or may not come, they are not considering the thousands of signatures. EA can't afford to ignore that. I feel that they are working on them now. I have also heard a Team member write that infants may be released from the bassinet in the future. So, I feel that it is a matter of time. I think that by the years end that this game will start really filling out. :)
  • monia_vukmonia_vuk Posts: 121 Member
    edited April 2015
    Another thing, remember how they said TS4 would include all the life stages from the previous installments? Then, just before the release of the game, they announced that toddlers, in fact, would not be included in the base game of TS4.
    Look, they couldn't have announced in the first place that all the life stages would be included if one of those life stages had never really been part of the project. So they probably cut the toddlers out before the release because they hadn't completely finished that life stage :blush:
  • ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member

This. I think the same thing. The babies are literally like placeholder objects.

I also think some of the silence is a re-design of the neighborhood world/map concepts. A guru recently tweeted that it was harder to redesign something than start it from scratch. I think cars and a new world map/world system- upgrade are coming soon. I say this because of the options that came in the last patch for GTW for lots to be moved about bigger lots and spliced where needed etc. This will make the transition for driveways, garages and parking spots with pre-existing beautifully designed lots much easier. So I think that's a clue.

If anything, I think possibly toddlers and updates to babies will be done via a patch, but the patch that conincides with a GP centered around children, toddlers and babies - which is fine. I would imagine cars and proper travel coming back in an EP or after that.

Sadly, it seems the "Sims 4" team is very very small and thus getting content at a fast rate seems impossible. I mean Sims 4 is 8mos old and the base game still isn't finished. lol
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Saunta2 wrote: »
    Nooooooooo, I don't want toddlers :'(

You can always age them up and not play with them. But those of use who want them shouldn't be ignored. At least in the previous ages you had the option of aging them, never having to play. :) This time around we've had the option taken away from us all together. :(

That's like saying: "I don't like supernaturals so don't put them in game." But there are those who enjoy them. Just because some don't like playing with them, should those who do enjoy them have to suffer not having them in game (if EA adds them back?)
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    What do we want? Toddlers!
    When do we want them? RIGHT NOW! or tomorrow.. tomorrow would be good too
  • AndyBrainsAndyBrains Posts: 218 Member
    All this is very interesting. I'm just like, forget the crying brats and give me some cars. Don't take me seriously though. :trollface:
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    edited April 2015
    101Gamer wrote: »
    Would they be named Toddlers? Maybe they'll have a different name if they play differently than other Sims games.

What else would they be called if not Toddler? (if it matters)

[*] Nursling

ouch
    at spanish that is the name at TS4 for baby stage: Lactante

thanks EA
  • emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    It's simple:
    awesome-coraline-prank.jpg
    Take a hint
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top