Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Unsupported Age" Found Between baby and child lifestate in Sims 4 files -> Toddlers?

Comments

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited February 2015
    colton147 wrote: »
    $1000 DLC.

I expected pools to be paid DLC, perhaps in a Pool Time EP. But we got those for free. They could probably sell a lot more toddler accoutrements by giving them to everyone as a free patch then having DLC that expanded game play for them (like we got the items in Aurora Springs). Even those people who are firmly against toddlers might decide that they need to play the age group at least once for a storyline or something.
    Mylita wrote: »
    I read earlier, like months ago, that all there was in the code for toddlers was a folder with no contents. So either this is new or is meaningless. Personally, I think we will not get toddlers. Too time consuming and too difficult, doesn't fit within the current EAmaxis vision for the game.

Mylita

Although with all the blowback they've taken over the game, it's possible that they've modified the vision. After all, Things Change[tm]. :p Some folks didn't think we'd get family trees either, yet here we are. If they put out toddlers for free, then follow it up with a Generations EP at $40 to expand play for all age groups the pack would probably sell like hot cakes and EA shareholders would be laughing all the way to the bank.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    Here it's the baby's texture:
    16342255930_d3decb0066_o.png

I didn't plan on sleeping tonight... I also found some other baby textures from the game files:

SCARY-BABY-horror-world-1571400-500-375.jpg
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    I think it's pretty much confirmed toddlers are coming back, first people found "toddlers" in the game files then they found a texture and now this. You will have to admit SimGurus!

Textures?

Yes, you already asked me to post the textures :p Put i can post again.

tumblr_nixhkcUf7k1sdo4uwo1_500.png

those are the babies texture

TS4 babies don't have diapers.
    This was probably a possible baby skin, if you remember one of the renders had a baby in a white diaper so they might have been considering that.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    mwdonohue wrote: »
    Here it's the baby's texture:
    16342255930_d3decb0066_o.png

I didn't plan on sleeping tonight... I also found some other baby textures from the game files:

SCARY-BABY-horror-world-1571400-500-375.jpg

So much memories of the Sims 3
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    I think it's pretty much confirmed toddlers are coming back, first people found "toddlers" in the game files then they found a texture and now this. You will have to admit SimGurus!

Textures?

This was probably a possible baby skin, if you remember one of the renders had a baby in a white diaper so they might have been considering that.

I agree. I think it's an alternate baby skin that didn't get used in the game. All of the proportions look the same as the baby with the onesie.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »
    06Bon06 wrote: »

Textures?

I agree. I think it's an alternate baby skin that didn't get used in the game. All of the proportions look the same as the baby with the onesie.

Notice the diference in the teeths. Also the texture has more details than the baby one.

tenor.gif
  • MisterAyerMisterAyer Posts: 34 Member
    While I myself am not bothered by the lack of tolders, I am happy for everyone who does want them, that this may be a positive sign. :)

At the very least, it means it isn't going to be a huge redesign of the aging system.
  • Claret1011Claret1011 Posts: 297 Member
    Well I don't think we should rule out toddlers being introduced at some point. After all, a lot of people were unhappy about no pools, so they brought them out. People missed the family tree, and now it's back.

I may be cynical, but it seems to me that they deliberately held back some key features of the game so that they would have exciting free patches to bring us and keep people interested. I'm not saying that's a bad thing - it seems like good business sense to slowly portion out all the good stuff and keep us hooked. If we'd had everything at the start, people would get bored, but this way there's new content, new achievements, a reason to keep logging in, etc.

Toddlers, and anything else missing from the base game, will probably come in due time.
  • husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    well when you open s4studio when you choose an cloth to recolor you can go to werehouse tab there you will find the files of the package when you choose cas part there is under age/gender two unknown ages i think one for toddler and one for preteens this are going to be add later sometime and for sure this are not coding left over since they are not only for toddler they are twoiZB11tY.jpg?1
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member

Textures?

and toddler usually don't have diapers attached to them unless they were making them as objects were you cant change cloth
    if these is for toddler there would be no diaper it would be in a new mesh that appear firstly in cas
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    This is just my opinion and probably not shared by anyone, however, I can't imagine this working out well for anyone who does want toddlers in this game. For one thing, I feel Multitasking is going to have to be 'fixed' and tweaked much more before they should even attempt to add this life stage. Imagine the multitasking failures, (which we already have...standing doing nothing as in paused while waiting on some other Sim to start talking to them but dropped out of queue on the way).....and such things as that scenario. Musical chairs, imagine Sims going to the toddler to hold etc. (all of them) but moving around in musical chair fashion to get to the toddler, if it is allowed to roam free. I don't see this life stage as being a pleasant addition, though they should have been in the base if they ever add them. Then the emotions states of a toddler, I'm not sure they can actually pull this off.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    This makes me hopefully toddlers will return. I too hope that they won't be objects attached to their cribs or a playpen, doing that will only bring EA and sims 4 more trouble.
    giphy.gif

• QuelsimmyQuelsimmy Posts: 531 Member
    I dunno, snooping through code can always be disappointing.
    It's not because there is an "unsupport" lifestage in the code that one will be added.
    If you look at coding you will always find scrapped things. That's how development works.
    Not going to get my hopes up tbh. I didn't really play a lot with toddlers (those skills were D: ) but I want them in the game for the people who do want them. The radio silence from EA, Maxis and the Guru's about toddlers would be weird if they were going to add them.
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Awesome!!! Thank you for the info!
  • The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    Awesome!!! Thank you for the info!

I just really hope this isn't spare code from before :(
  • mikrokitty78mikrokitty78 Posts: 372 Member
    Not going to get too excited over this. There was hints of weather in Sims 3 from the base game onward, but it was a long time before we got it.

Sims 4 is not getting my money until we get toddlers. And they better not be tied to a freaking crib like the poor ugly babies are.
    Also known as Misty, Simsl3gacies, and Margaret Pendragon
  • Ansett4SimsAnsett4Sims Posts: 75 Member
    well when you open s4studio when you choose an cloth to recolor you can go to werehouse tab there you will find the files of the package when you choose cas part there is under age/gender two unknown ages i think one for toddler and one for preteens this are going to be add later sometime and for sure this are not coding left over since they are not only for toddler they are twoiZB11tY.jpg?1

I hope for Pre-Teen.. That would be awesome.. :D
  • RoyaiChaosRoyaiChaos Posts: 905 Member
    It could take a while. I'm not 100% sure, but those files were probably in the game from release. It would depend largely on how much they had finished before the game's release. Anyways, just a reminder not to get your hopes up, I believe it's a sign that they'll eventually get released, but there's no telling when. It could be in March, it could be when GTW is released, it could be in a year (although if they were already being made, then it would probably be a year at most).
    Claret1011 wrote: »
    Well I don't think we should rule out toddlers being introduced at some point. After all, a lot of people were unhappy about no pools, so they brought them out. People missed the family tree, and now it's back.

I may be cynical, but it seems to me that they deliberately held back some key features of the game so that they would have exciting free patches to bring us and keep people interested. I'm not saying that's a bad thing - it seems like good business sense to slowly portion out all the good stuff and keep us hooked. If we'd had everything at the start, people would get bored, but this way there's new content, new achievements, a reason to keep logging in, etc.

Toddlers, and anything else missing from the base game, will probably come in due time.

I doubt it, with all the community outcry, it would be weird for them to release them in the order they've been released. For example, with all the crying about pools and toddlers and a lack of sales, it would be stupid for them to not release pools and toddlers first to get the game back to it's former glory before releasing the other things such as ghosts, more careers, family trees.
  • AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    A ton of people wanted careers, ghosts, and family trees as well, and I suspect they were added first because they were easier.
    Andygal wrote: »
    A ton of people wanted careers, ghosts, and family trees as well, and I suspect they were added first because they were easier.
    But if they were already finished then I doubt adding any of them would be difficult at all, even if adding one was more difficult than adding another. And people cared more about toddlers and pools.
  • gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    I think they just weren't done, not that they didn't want to put them in, but that they ran out of time. They probably tried to get an extension first, and when it didn't work, they threw the game half together enough to release it, while planning to add more later. If you will remember, back when they first let us know, that no, toddlers wouldn't be in the base game, they said to just trust us. So perhaps they were just trying to let us know it was going to be done, but they aren't allowed to talk about future content. It was their way of letting us know "we are working on it but we can't tell you we are working on it".
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,627 Member
    gayars wrote: »
    I think they just weren't done, not that they didn't want to put them in, but that they ran out of time. They probably tried to get an extension first, and when it didn't work, they threw the game half together enough to release it, while planning to add more later. If you will remember, back when they first let us know, that no, toddlers wouldn't be in the base game, they said to just trust us. So perhaps they were just trying to let us know it was going to be done, but they aren't allowed to talk about future content. It was their way of letting us know "we are working on it but we can't tell you we are working on it".

This. Especially since there had already been an extension of the release date from an originally stated "early 2014": http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/22/4866430/the-sims-4-release-date
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • 123w4123w4 Posts: 42 Member
    actuöy this could be a placeholder as SimGuruGrant last year in august statet that toddlers are things that will get back into game at somepoint,and it sounded ther plan on bringing them back into action as one of the first things ther wane add plus ther is still MANY new famaly things planed for this year. an generations pack with toodlers and pree teens :)
  • KarennKarenn Posts: 4,326 Member
    Yes to toddlers but I also really hope we get Story Progression soon. It makes the town come alive.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top