Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Unsupported Age" Found Between baby and child lifestate in Sims 4 files -> Toddlers?

Comments

• JACK14JACK14 Posts: 159 Member
    I'm kinda anxious toddlers will never return, I loved them in TS2 and 3, much more depth to family game play! I hope they aren't going to be scraped, pre-teens would be an awesome addition too! :)
    10qdhxj.png
  • MushMouse88MushMouse88 Posts: 40 Member
    I really really hope this is it. And also, I was just surfing the net and found this article posted a year ago by The Sims 4 Blogger that has this as the very first question:

Simified: What are the Life Stages in The Sims 4? Are there any new ones?
    SimGuruGrant: The Sims 4 will have all of the same life stages as previous games, Baby, Toddler, Child, Teen, Young Adult, Adult, and Elder. There are no new life stages coming at this time.

It says it right there, so hopefully it's going to happen really soon!

*Staying optimistic*
  • mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    I really really hope this is it. And also, I was just surfing the net and found this article posted a year ago by The Sims 4 Blogger that has this as the very first question:

Simified: What are the Life Stages in The Sims 4? Are there any new ones?
    SimGuruGrant: The Sims 4 will have all of the same life stages as previous games, Baby, Toddler, Child, Teen, Young Adult, Adult, and Elder. There are no new life stages coming at this time.

It says it right there, so hopefully it's going to happen really soon!

*Staying optimistic*

That was the exact same post that he referred to as, "Things Change"
  • siminscsiminsc Posts: 854 Member
    I've stopped playing the game again. It's boring without toddlers.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    tonicmole wrote: »
    The content found so far is some what pointless, in that it came with the game at launch and is definitely left over bits. The file that contains the toddler hints has not been updated since launch, and so far no new toddler content has been found in updated files. For fun I'll search through the updated files to see if I stumble on something. If not than we have no reason to believe that toddlers will or will not be added.

Update: Does not appear that any new references to toddlers or tweens has been added since launch. Doesn't really mean anything. However, since it's February 21st, EA would have announced a toddler update by now for March. So if we get toddlers it'll be April or later till that happens. Personally I've stopped playing Sims 4. Might return if or when it is fleshed out. For me it's not only the lack of toddlers, but the lack of real teens. Might as well have had only one age group and called the game Singles 3.

Not true. @SimGuruBChick said in a topic somewhere that they are not going to announce free content updates anymore in advance. It's basically a surprise now.

The only thing we can do is wait, but I am confident that toddlers will make a return sooner or later.
  • kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
    I'm confident too! I didn't really like the toddler stage in TS3 much but I can't handle my babies jumping into fully grown kids, I need a more gradual aging process. I would happily pay for an EP that contained toddlers, in fact I'd rather pay for an EP that had toddlers, pre-teens and a bunch of added family stuff and interactions than have limited/half-baked toddlers patched in for free. I'm also happy to wait (albeit impatiently!) for toddlers to come, on the presumption that when they do come they will be awesome
  • Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    I found this today, creating a Tattoo and looking a key into the CASP file. Maybe it's old, but I just realised about that lol
    mhorftxskmtb.png
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • JACK14JACK14 Posts: 159 Member
    @Fonxi121994 omg, there's hope!!! :)
    10qdhxj.png
  • ArdatnbrArdatnbr Posts: 19 New Member
    maybe is will be come with march update:D
  • Sanriel85Sanriel85 Posts: 362 Member
    JACK14 wrote: »
    @Fonxi121994 omg, there's hope!!! :)

There's always hope.
  • sydwilgirl23sydwilgirl23 Posts: 671 Member
    > @husseinandali said:
    > XopaxPax wrote: »
    >
    > Billycraignotley wrote: »
    >
    > XopaxPax wrote: »
    >
    > I think it's pretty much confirmed toddlers are coming back, first people found "toddlers" in the game files then they found a texture and now this. You will have to admit SimGurus!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Textures?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yes, you already asked me to post the textures Put i can post again.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > those are the babies texture

No, it isn't.
  • mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    This topic is like a detective story: Were are the toddlers? ;)
    > @husseinandali said:
    > well when you open s4studio when you choose an cloth to recolor you can go to werehouse tab there you will find the files of the package when you choose cas part there is under age/gender two unknown ages i think one for toddler and one for preteens this are going to be add later sometime and for sure this are not coding left over since they are not only for toddler they are two

Were they going to add preteens too to the Sims 4?
  • clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    I thought they didnt put toddlers in coz of the load time or something. I have high hope toddlers will come back but I cant see it being an update probably as an ep or game pack. However toddlers come I want it to be soon I soooooo miss that lifestage x
  • DiabolicalSimDiabolicalSim Posts: 108 Member
    I think they definitely wanted or intended to include toddlers but either a) they didn't the time/money or resources or b) the toddlers they made were so terrible and broken that instead they just look them out. The reason why i think b) is because a simguru said that the reason why toddlers weren't included in the base game was because the developers didn't want to shoehorn them in, which strongly suggests that they weren't good enough. Still lame but hey.

I think there is still hope. I'm glad people are still voicing how they want toddlers In TS4. They need to know how fans feel.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2015
    I'll bet there would have been the same uproar if the child stage had been eliminated seeing it has no real point in the game than toddlers do seeing children lose all the skills they gain when they turn teen - but if they had been the eliminated stage - perhaps those people could see how many of us feel about the toddler stage being missing and why we will never see this acceptable. If the useless child stage is in the game - then the apparently as useless toddler stage needs to be in the base game to make it first a good foundation on which to add any ep - even if the ep in question has nothing to do with either the toddler or child stage ages. The eps needs babies seeing birthing is called for in the doctor career - and YA and adults. But if others who can take or leave the absences of toddlers without too much thought - just imagine for a minute if that stage missing was children too. Would it bother you then? What if your sims baby went from baby hood to YA age. Would you not feel the game was incomplete and therefore not ready for an ep even if toddlers and children are not needed for the ep in question?

Just for a minute try to see through our eyes that see the toddler life stage just as important (in my case more important) to the game as part of the foundation needed in the base before eps become a part of the game. In many of my own households careers are far less important than life in the home and raising sims from birth to adult hood for some of my sims. It is part of the sims with family traits who have decided ( in my head) to have no career but devote themselves to raising their kids as their whole point in life. There are such people - believe it or not - still in this modern world whose entire point in life is to raise their families and as a life simulation game - eliminating a life stage between birth and adult hood leaves the foundation the game is built on unfinished and therefore not ready for eps.

I don't care if that is leftover code or placard - they just need to make toddlers in the game and for it to be a supported lifestage. That gives me no more encouragment than the Devs - no comment answers when it comes to toddlers. I won't be fooled into giving money for eps based on a hidden code and wishful thinking as long as I look at the base game - the foundation of Sims 4 as incomplete. it is to me - just as incomplete to miss the toddler stage - as it would if it was missing the child stage. Seeing in some of my households careers really don't matter.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

> @Cinebar said:
    > This is just my opinion and probably not shared by anyone, however, I can't imagine this working out well for anyone who does want toddlers in this game. For one thing, I feel Multitasking is going to have to be 'fixed' and tweaked much more before they should even attempt to add this life stage. Imagine the multitasking failures, (which we already have...standing doing nothing as in paused while waiting on some other Sim to start talking to them but dropped out of queue on the way).....and such things as that scenario. Musical chairs, imagine Sims going to the toddler to hold etc. (all of them) but moving around in musical chair fashion to get to the toddler, if it is allowed to roam free. I don't see this life stage as being a pleasant addition, though they should have been in the base if they ever add them. Then the emotions states of a toddler, I'm not sure they can actually pull this off.

It seems like they were working on toddlers and preteens (There are two unknown ages). Maybe they are still working on them now before it's released! I'm pretty sure several people are working on toddlers and preteens during Get to Work now/
    > @mikrokitty78 said:
    > Not going to get too excited over this. There was hints of weather in Sims 3 from the base game onward, but it was a long time before we got it.
    >
    > Sims 4 is not getting my money until we get toddlers. And they better not be tied to a freaking crib like the poor ugly babies are.

Hey! The babies are actually cute once you get unblind....You need to stop hating just because were cuter than you when you were a baby!
    > @mikrokitty78 said:
    > Not going to get too excited over this. There was hints of weather in Sims 3 from the base game onward, but it was a long time before we got it.
    >
    > Sims 4 is not getting my money until we get toddlers. And they better not be tied to a freaking crib like the poor ugly babies are.

And I hope you don't mean all babies or maybe demon babies.....
  • husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    > @husseinandali said:
    > well when you open s4studio when you choose an cloth to recolor you can go to werehouse tab there you will find the files of the package when you choose cas part there is under age/gender two unknown ages i think one for toddler and one for preteens this are going to be add later sometime and for sure this are not coding left over since they are not only for toddler they are two

they are planing to add i think it was said y some guru

yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• chongjasminechongjasmine Posts: 68 Member
    I really don't like to have toddlers.
    They really do nothing, and require lots of efforts to train.
  • mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    Everyone that doesn't like toddlers doesn't seem to get that, chances are, you'll be able to age them up immediately past that stage. You can do it now with babies. Just age them up. Problem solved. :T
  • 101Gamer101Gamer Posts: 131 Member
    edited March 2015
    Would they be named Toddlers? Maybe they'll have a different name if they play differently than other Sims games.

What else would they be called if not Toddler? (if it matters)
    • Infant
    • Newborn
    • Tot
    • Bairn
    • Juvenile
    • Kid
    • Nursling

Maybe 'Newborn' would be the stage in the cot and then 'Baby' be the new toddler.
    The Sims 4 is about Emotions and reduced CPU power consumption. Right?
    Also, complete agree with this.
    > @husseinandali said:

they are planing to add i think it was said y some guru

Sweet!!!!! :smiley:
    I really don't like to have toddlers.
    They really do nothing, and require lots of efforts to train.

But toddlers are what makes Sims!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top