Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Unsupported Age" Found Between baby and child lifestate in Sims 4 files -> Toddlers?

Comments

• Options
    libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    Whatever this is hopefully it's free for us
  • Options
    stewielover1992stewielover1992 Posts: 308 Member
    Toddlers are definitely coming, but who knows when. They were supposed to be included in the base game but they weren't finished, so they didn't include them. Same with pools.
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    I've got the feeling toddlers are really soon to come! Anyone else feels the same? It seens after the last patch people found a bunch of things in the files, the devs are more likely already adding bits of toddlers to the game files, so when we get toddlers the patch will won't take too much time to download, maybe? who knows anyway.
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    I am wondering that myself @XopaxPax it seems so!
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i respect those that wents toddlers back but honestly for me i do not see much use of bring back this nightmare age that ruin my sims social life has i was force to keep 1 of the parent sims at home as i did not like the babysitting service in the sims3 nor did i like the evil nanny service in the sims2
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    taffy550taffy550 Posts: 666 Member
    I'v said this before EA will give us toddlers in an EP or GP. Toddlers and Tweens. I would like to see tweens. They are much more lovable than teenagers. EA should also give the teenagers more attitude. They need to stomp around, mope and whine just like IRL teenagers. Oh, and play their favorite music really, really loudly and slam doors when they don't get what they want. :)
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2015
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    I think it's pretty much confirmed toddlers are coming back, first people found "toddlers" in the game files then they found a texture and now this. You will have to admit SimGurus!

Textures?

Yes, you already asked me to post the textures :p Put i can post again.

tumblr_nixhkcUf7k1sdo4uwo1_500.png

those are the babies texture

TS4 babies don't have diapers.
    This was probably a possible baby skin, if you remember one of the renders had a baby in a white diaper so they might have been considering that.

I agree. I think it's an alternate baby skin that didn't get used in the game. All of the proportions look the same as the baby with the onesie.

Notice the diference in the teeths. Also the texture has more details than the baby one.

I think you are right as we have numerous renders of the game that people were accusing Maxis of using Sims 2 babies as they just have a diaper like that skin does. I think they were going to go with that then remembered how much we all carried on about the baby just having a diaper and the nanny laying it on the floor - so they figured they better give it clothes and better keep sims from laying it on the floor - so we ended up with object babies tied to a bassinet wearing a onesie figuring it would quiet us down. They again refuse to "hear" what we all were saying that we wanted babies we could have clothing and blankets for - and change their clothes. We wanted babies to be like babies and not tied to a bassinet and sims that did not put the babies on the ice cold floor in a diaper. We wanted Sims 2 babies and sims 2 toddlers, but we wanted the babies to be able to be clothed and have blankets to cover them in or to actually lay them on the floor to play with a baby gym maybe in pj's. We wanted a nanny - but fix her so she was not such a ninny nincompoop. But as usual we say one thing and they do something else. But yeah I am pretty certain that was their first baby - as we see renders of those diapered babies actually being held with no bassinet ready to suck them back inside. What we got was their afterthought object/bassinet babies - and no toddlers at all.

I feel like my kids must have felt when they were tweens and running around screaming all the time "YOU NEVER listen to me. That isn't what I said!" only in this case we are not tween - well most of us anyway - and they really are not hearing what we keep saying even though they swear up and down they are listening to us. Well the proof is in the pudding... or in this case first a diapered babysim, then a dressed but not dressable baby that is an object. Shesh.....

I guess I am done.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    I've got the feeling toddlers are really soon to come! Anyone else feels the same? It seens after the last patch people found a bunch of things in the files, the devs are more likely already adding bits of toddlers to the game files, so when we get toddlers the patch will won't take too much time to download, maybe? who knows anyway.

Like the story progression folder that I found with actual stuff in it?
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    mwdonohue wrote: »

Like the story progression folder that I found with actual stuff in it?
    That too.
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2015
    Memina11 wrote: »
    i respect those that wents toddlers back but honestly for me i do not see much use of bring back this nightmare age that ruin my sims social life has i was force to keep 1 of the parent sims at home as i did not like the babysitting service in the sims3 nor did i like the evil nanny service in the sims2

IRL we don't have social lives when we have kids for the most part. It is a life simulation game. Actually the best time of my kids growing years was between 1-3. Up until they were about 15, In between 4-14 they were lucky I could not afford boarding school. Actually tweens are like the terrible twos only worse because you are dealing with a little person as tall as you are and who listens to NOTHING as in their book you know NOTHING. I do not see how they will add tween when the poofed child is a ten year old. and tweens are considered tweens 9-12 , so the most they can be is 11 to 12- which is sort of a bother just to have sims that size for a blink of an eye worth of time. At least I used to give my toddlers the longest amount of days epic aging allowed and toddlers were supposed to be 1-4, seeing they go to school as soon as they age and kindergarten starts at around 5.

They should actually add 1-4 year olds, then 5 -9 year olds, then add the tweens as 10-13, then teens 14-18.

ETA - in my games Sims who had big social lives, did not have kids. The sims that had kids were lucky to have a sports party or dinner party or to go out a few times of year. They definitely did not have social lives - much like real life for most people that I know.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    OMG!!! I want them to be in the March patchs sooo much...
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    laurenclarkslaurenclarks Posts: 17 New Member
    If the game had toddlers, it would be absolutely perfect for me. I am usually a big family player, but because the babies jump straight to toddler, it makes it much less enjoyable, and 3 days after my sim gives birth, I have to work on the childs grades and aspiration. Toddlers is the only thing I need in TS4 basegame.
  • Options
    musicislife416musicislife416 Posts: 159 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    Sounds like a place holder to be added later.

I really hope so. That would be nice.
    tumblr_ngzxfipZLO1u3tigco1_500.gif

• Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Memina11 wrote: »

I would think they would just go to day care like the babies do now. Might not need babysitters at all. I do hope they come back. Jumping from baby to child is weird but I seriously hope they do away with the nose picking thing and make learning to walk, talk, potty train not take as long as before. Of course, if all of it is to much to deal with those that don't want them can age them up with a cake.
  • Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    Well the evil nanny and babysitting is better than the babies going in the family inventory. I like @Glimmer50 's idea.
  • Options
    JPG619JPG619 Posts: 460 Member
    Could this mean EA is working on toddlers for us at the moment?

Or they did add it as a place holder from the start when they were making the game and then will enable it when all the functions are worked out
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I hope they include it in some EP pack or as a gift in a patch. I hope they also fix the neighborhood and make it more like sims 3 (open neighborhood) what could they have been thinking of. If they already did it in Sims 3 then it should not be that much trouble for them. i think they spent all their time trying to make the sims more human. I fell like I am on their test team.
  • Options
    xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    I wonder why they're not talking about it then. They were gun ho to mention the return of Pools and stuff <____<. . . *dramatically holds back tears* I will not. I can not get my hopes up ;)
  • Options
    pupunikpupunik Posts: 62 Member
    that our incredible Contact Me!
    if they come back stop complaining about time and so I will give smiles .... / o /
  • Options
    pikeman101pikeman101 Posts: 33 Member
    I kinda hope toddlers are optional, if they're ever added, because I like the system how it is now.
  • Options
    mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    This practically confirms that there will be toddlers and preteens. They did them both as a placeholder as it would be technically the only way to to do it.
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    Unsupported = Unfinished

It's just so nonsensical for toddlers to be removed from the base game as it was in the base games of TS2 and TS3 anyway.

Also for those of you who is about to call me out by saying, "Oh I hate toddlers. They're so annoying". May you never have kids.
  • Options
    SadieD123SadieD123 Posts: 1,317 Member
    This whole thing just made me wish for a more gradual ageing. If each lifestage grew a little bit at a time during their lifestage until they then it would probably completely negate the need for a "preteen" stage. Kind of like how they do for the belly for pregnancy. Like it the child gradually grew taller as they progressed through their lifespan until they reached their teen stage I think it would be pretty awesome (channeling my inner simguru Ryan).
    275f503fc4c6c8ef197baeea76ebe0f91373200482_full_zpscc1a19512.gif
  • Options
    emochild67emochild67 Posts: 120 Member
    giphy.gif

I highly doubt it. It may just be a file left over from something......then again i have to hope for a brighter future with toddlers in it.
  • Options
    tonicmoletonicmole Posts: 121 Member
    edited February 2015
    The content found so far is some what pointless, in that it came with the game at launch and is definitely left over bits. The file that contains the toddler hints has not been updated since launch, and so far no new toddler content has been found in updated files. For fun I'll search through the updated files to see if I stumble on something. If not than we have no reason to believe that toddlers will or will not be added.

Update: Does not appear that any new references to toddlers or tweens has been added since launch. Doesn't really mean anything. However, since it's February 21st, EA would have announced a toddler update by now for March. So if we get toddlers it'll be April or later till that happens. Personally I've stopped playing Sims 4. Might return if or when it is fleshed out. For me it's not only the lack of toddlers, but the lack of real teens. Might as well have had only one age group and called the game Singles 3.
    Post edited by tonicmole on
    What's the deal with the creepy Sim in the yellow shirt, and glasses? The one right up there! I'm guessing what ever he is it starts with "serial".
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top