Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited May 2021
    @bekkasan
    Beautiful China Picture - looking forward to one day playing that DLC

I think this was for @Brandontaylor
    bekkasan wrote: Beautiful shot of Melanie...So sorry! :cry:

@Brandontaylor
    Can almost feel how sad everyone is after Melanie passed away

That Forbidden Fruit became the Plantsim we all know as Daisy Langerak.
    Nice story indeed.

OK got it, Daisy is a singer.

Congrats to Hal and Daisy

I don't want every generation after to be Plantsims
    No can understand that - all fun, can get to much at some point.

My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @bekkasan Thanks for the comment :smile: I will get started on her next week while looking for more hair for potential new Sims :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited May 2021
    Hey anyone know if there is a mod to have dinner foods stop showing up for breakfast?
    When I click serve breakfast, hot dogs, salad, hamburgers are options.It drives me nuts.like who makes spaghetti
    for breakfast? XD

Also one to limit what foods are available to purchase at the food register in WA, I would not want
    pizza calzones being purchased in China LOL.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,925 Member
    @bekkasan thank you. I am sure my internet issues are mostly my own fault. I use a usb dongle thing instead of getting a long chord to link properly from the modem to my computer. I have no problems with connection when I use my tablet. It could also be my virus software cutting me off.

I forgot about that thing that waters. I do vaguely recall either wanting to find it to download, or actually downloading it. In any case, I've never thought to put it into my games. Usually I am happy for them to water by hand. I usually have a bunch of sims I want to have learn the gardening skill and watering by hand gives me the feeling they are learning something instead of waiting for the next day to harvest and weed again. Usually I like to hire the gardening service. I do have a mod for that.

Nice pic you posted of China.

I'm about to get back to work on my video. Don't have much to do now. I did manage to get a surprisingly large amount done yesterday.

Happy Simming
  • Options
    MorgaineWitchMorgaineWitch Posts: 42 Member
    @bekkasan Thank you, I appreciate it. :smile: Yeah, I think I'm going to enjoy Clara. She seems to so far be the least problematic sim I've ever made(even if she has got stuck in the elevator door five times in two weeks).

Today on The Sims:

The week went by and by the week Clara got both a raise and promoted to Paramedic. The shower also temporarily broke. I made her fix it herself instead of calling the repairman. This is how I made the discovery that she thinks it is fun to fix things.

On Saturday she had a want to go to the library. She was so overjoyed by this. At the library she met Beau Merrick(celebrity vampire). They talked about books and talked some gossip about fellow celebrities. They became friends very quickly. Anyway they were getting along so well that Clara invited him to come hang out at the apartment. I was planning on getting a romance started because they seemed to want to do that...but when it actually came time to romance....Clara got creeped out and it didn't go as planned. Hopefully I can build up their relationship up a bit more and try again.

The next morning I sent her to the store to get a recipe book for cookies. There's a bake sale being held and I want her to try it out.
  • Options
    I have my Sally and Wendel game open and just made them a magic room.

Sally-And-Wendel-Magic-Room.jpg

One of my favourite things I used to do when playing Sims 1 was making the magic room. I still love to do that occasionally. Here I used the dice tool to choose the colour of the alchemy station and then copied the colours of it to most of the other objects in the room. The mat I just used the dice until I got a colour combination I liked.

I better get to work on that video now. Just celebrating the fact that I still have internet on the computer.

Happy Simming
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited May 2021
    I'm going to build a small house, I said. It's not going to grow by much, I said...

Screenshot-8.jpg
    Well. Shi-...

----
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    Screenshot.jpg
    Claymore: Please, can we hurry.
    Its really creepy out here.
    Daniel: Blast it, claymore! stop your sniveling. You weren't my first
    choice for a justice.

Screenshot-2.jpg
    Claymore: Why, Ms Muir, your dress is beautiful.
    Daniel: Close your mouth, claymore, you are not a cod fish.
    Carolyn: Thank you, Claymore, that is very kind.

Screenshot-4.jpg
    Daniel: You do look beautiful, my dear.
    Carolyn: Thank you.
    Daniel: Are you sure you want to...
    Carolyn: I'm sure, you don't have to ask.

Screenshot-5.jpg
    Carolyn: I'm ready if you are.
    DanieL: My dear, I've been ready.

Screenshot-6.jpg
    It was late afternoon when Daniel and Carolyn spoke their vows.
    The sunset was a spectacular sight, the clouds tinted with pink
    and red, they sailed over the ship, toward the setting sun, the
    rose-colored glow slowly faded from sea and sky.

Screenshot-8.jpg
    As the moon slowly rose over the calm sea, Daniel was freed
    from his bondage with the sea.

Screenshot-9.jpg
    "Many stories end with the chance of redemption."

Screenshot-10.jpg
    "Find the love of a good woman..." It was enough to end
    the curse of the sea.

Screenshot-11.jpg
    Daniel wasted no time, he rushed to hold his new bride.

Screenshot-12.jpg

• Options
    edited May 2021
    I'm in such a rut of where all my sims look the same, even fiddling with sliders.
    I refuse to download custom sliders, as they make my CAS lag...:/

Edit: I'm terrible at making sims. :'(
  • Options
    rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited May 2021
    Hoping to finish putting in my cc so I can make my sim self and put her bf in soon. 😁
    I'm picturing my simself with dark red hair and almost wanna dye mine... kinda scared to admit that so I'm letting it stay in my brain for now. Though I am a bit tired of being brunette... 🤔😄
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • Options
    @GraceyManor I was in a rut with all my sims looking the same too. Eventually I got adventurous and added lots of different custom non default skins. I don't use default skins on my sims. Now I get to choose a skin that fits the personality I have in mind for my sim and I have ideas about what to do with my sliders. I rarely do much with their eyes. Although, with Wendel I made his eyes larger than usual, and I gave him slightly pointed ears. I usually never touch their ears. I often feel a bit guilty as I rely so heavily on skins other people have made. I did briefly think I ought to have a go at making a skin but then decided I'm already trying to do too much as it is so I'll just stick to the skins I can download. I have quite a few I've never used. The ono I put on Wendel is a skin I don't think I've used before. The only custom sliders I have are a few hat sliders that came with some of the head dresses I have in my accessories. I never touch them either. They just sit there as I assume the makers of the custom content that need them will have set them up already.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Having a look at some more Skysims hair:

2476335.jpg

2472851.jpg

2091392.jpg
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer

Wow, what a gorgeous home, wish I could build but I prefer to
    edit sims instead haha.
  • Options
    OK. The video's done - tomorrow I'll add the music and load it to YouTube.

Happy Simming All.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Karritz wrote: »
    @GraceyManor I was in a rut with all my sims looking the same too. Eventually I got adventurous and added lots of different custom non default skins. I don't use default skins on my sims. Now I get to choose a skin that fits the personality I have in mind for my sim and I have ideas about what to do with my sliders. I rarely do much with their eyes. Although, with Wendel I made his eyes larger than usual, and I gave him slightly pointed ears. I usually never touch their ears. I often feel a bit guilty as I rely so heavily on skins other people have made. I did briefly think I ought to have a go at making a skin but then decided I'm already trying to do too much as it is so I'll just stick to the skins I can download. I have quite a few I've never used. The ono I put on Wendel is a skin I don't think I've used before. The only custom sliders I have are a few hat sliders that came with some of the head dresses I have in my accessories. I never touch them either. They just sit there as I assume the makers of the custom content that need them will have set them up already.

My computer can’t handle a boat load of cc especially from TSR. Everyone forgets Inolay on a low end gaming pc, even my graphics are crappy looking, so I gotta be careful with what goes in. I try not download custom skin and make up.Even with using noses and eyes and facial features so normally wouldn’t they look the same to me.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    @GraceyManor tomorrow I'll try to remember to post a few pics of some of my sims with and without custom skins. Its almost midnight here now and I'm too tired to turn on the computer and do it now.

The skins do change the sims appearance. I was surprised when I saw just how different a sim appears when the skin changes.

I don't usually use makeup on my sims. I do have a lot of makeup I downloaded but hardly ever use it. If I do put makeup on them it's a special occasion. Just putting the makeup on them is a bit special.

I do like custom eyebrows. But i only have a few of them. Maybe 5 or 6 .

I have heaps of hair. Hundreds literally and have installed about 20 or 30 of them.

But in the end it's just a suggestion. I played berween 2009 and 2014 before I started using custom content or mods.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Lol they filtered out a word and it wasn’t even a bad word :( my game already lags and I have very little Custom content in my game.I just don't want a laggy game LOL.Sometimes they look ok, other times they don't and I try to venture away from things I wouldn't normally use. If you have any skin tones you personally like, I'm open to recommendation.I just don't wanna download all willy nilly randomly XD
    Post edited by GraceyManor on
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    @GraceyManor they filter out lots of interesting words including at least one of the names the game gives to imaginary friend dolls.

I have too many skins to give you an example of all of them. Here are a few. Some I use regularly and some I have never used. I put them all onto Claire Ursine. She's still Claire but she is slightly different in each one. You'll get the idea of what I mean. I'll put the name of each skin above its picture. I don't have any more info than that on any of them. Most of them have lots of variations with skins slightly different tones or eyes of different shapes.

Addicted
    Addicted.jpg
    ESKin-Fresh
    ESKin-Fresh.jpg
    ESkin Weak Asia
    ESkin-Weak-Asia001.jpg

Feather & Pearls
    Feather-Pearls.jpg

KBPrimerUHD
    KBPrimer-UHD.jpg

SBS.V2.0.e-KEVIX
    SBS-V2-0-E-Kevix.jpg

Starfruit
    Starfruit.jpg
    There are about a dozen versions of starfruit. I think this is the one that adds freckles to the whole body.

Synesti
    Synesti-2.jpg

I'm having internet problems again today. It's just taken me about half an hour to get connected. Hope it stays connected for a bit longer. I'll add some of my sims below later if I can.
  • Options
    @Karritz
    Thanks! That helps.^_^

Screenshot-71.jpg

I'm having internet issues today as well.I finally got a sim I'm okay with.XD
    Apparently I have skin tones installed and didn't realize it.XD
  • Options
    Had a dream this afternoon about one of my previous stories.XD
    I loaded up the save just to see how it looks on my PC(I learned the hard way, backup your favorite saves) XD

Screenshot-72.jpg

Screenshot-73.jpg

Screenshot-75.jpg

I'm sure people are tired of seeing new/different stories from me XD as tempted as I am...
    because I feel historical stories are my best...I won't.

Screenshot-77.jpg
    Finally finished my sim.I named her Belle, as I was watching Beauty and the Beast.XD
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    Revamped my beloved RL wife's <3 Simself a bit; gave her a new hairstyle.
    Screenshot-9.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options

@MorgaineWitch
    Welcome, just noticed you are fairly new here.

@Karritz
    Lovely magic room

@Nikkei_Simmer
    I like building too, but making those biggies are a killer then it comes to fully decorating every room.

@GraceyManor
    Nice romantic finish. Love will cure everything. <3
    Lovely how the sunset evolves from picture to picture.
    Love the scenic shots from your old save.

@Nikkei_Simmer
    Nice, I hope she likes it.

Heavy snowfall in January
    M2dzcMI.jpg
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • Options

Episode 58 – The Fisherman – January 2728 part 1

It has been a while since Greg have been able to take out time for his favorite occupation. This month many issues was at least temporarily solved. He could go fishing on his own.
    Greg noticed a camper trailer on the opposite side of the river. He would expect tourists at some point, but in January.

zOnfVQ4.jpg

Terry Scully turned 22 years old. Elea Helsby who was now a fully grown woman made him a birthday cake.

iDxZXO2.jpg

Knowing that the Mercier household is a bit stressed, due to the opening of the Schoole and Daycare Center, John Hallett comes over to give a hand. Danelle paid him 49$, very glad he fixed the toilet.

fPxCFKh.jpg

The first part of January was cold and snowy, most villagers spending time at home. These was the periods where someone like Simon Stone, living alone, could be a bit lonely. He was mainly focused on his paintings.

2ZRTOQ8.jpg

Under “Ent” jurisdiction there was a salary for the work done by the Assembly. That would also be the case in the new political structure. In this case there would not be a public vote. The three leading members would make a proposal, the assembly would vote between the suggestions.
    Greg would distribute the suggestion, collects the votes and announce the results.

2MOJLGd.jpg

The school and daycare were not exactly buzzing with children but it was a start.
    Mussete Mercier was helping her mother teach music, while Danelle Mercier was in the outside sandbox with a group of youngsters.

TgtGTVY.jpg

A treehouse had been built, in connection with the Schoole and Daycare Center playground. From time to time, Mateo Mercier liked to spend the night there

AzPPEgz.jpg

No matter how cold or snowy, the two firefighters was always keeping fit

SwNSIzd.jpg

With Andy Mclain out of the picture for a while, no one could tell when the expensive TV/Radio and communication receiver would be finished. The villagers were longing for connection to Ent City State media, but the construction was stranded.

GQca9no.jpg

There was a lot of activity at the River fashion house, but not everyone was satisfied with the stylists choices.

Z6zn0By.jpg
    L2EgVLL.jpg

Mussete Mercier held her 38 years birthday. She was up early to get fresh eggs for the cake.

QsKunnR.jpg

Botan Nara was sent by his wife, to pick up Daichi from daycare. It would of course not make his life easier that he forgot to bring warm clothes for their child. Shina got an instant headache lasting several days.

Kj2MTP2.jpg

Myra Frances was at The Powerstation, experimenting with a new type of Root Oil

6Idi5iy.jpg

Greg came back to the exact same fishing spot at the river, where he had been earlier this month. He noticed that a cottage was raised, where the camper trailer had been earlier. This must be one of the “free farmers” Lone St. John had mentioned, that would be colonizing the river banks, north of “Greg’s River”. He could easily imagine how hard life would be for them the next few seasons.

z8ZrG2M.jpg

Botan Nara makes breakfast, while the women and his youngest child have fun. He will soon be forgiven the small mistake he made a few days ago.

IT5EnSA.jpg

Mercier’s lazy cat Cio.: Siesta at the kitchen table

mV5Ckrj.jpg

New political system.
    Process: §3 Assembly members Salary.
    Jenny Richards:
    2728 Leader $1000/year, Member $800/year
    Greg Preston:
    2728 Leader $1200/year, Member $1000/year
    Marble Beach-Gentry
    2728 Leader 1500/year, 2nd row members 1200/year, 3rd row members 900/year
    Everyone agreed that this should be paid out 31/12, but that also half of it should be paid out now, to compensate for the 2nd half of 2727 where no salary was paid from “Ent”

Legislations passed:
    §1 Government
    §1.1 The Assembly is a lifetime cabinet, new members by public vote.
    §1.2 The Assembly is the executive and judicial power
    §1.3 The Assembly can suggest new laws
    §1.4 New laws will be passed by public vote
    §2 Tax
    §2.0 Tax 2728 - tax rate 3,1% of family net value - monthly 0,257%.
    §3 Assembly members Salary
    §3.0 2728 Salary - Leader $1200/year, Member $1000/year

Editorial:
    Haven’t explained this before, but the tax from “community” enterprise is not a random number, it is a mix of how much money the village has and how many visitors was in the “shop”
    Pegasus: 0,012 x combined cash + $50 / visitor
    Laundromat: 0,00075 x combined cash + $5 / visitor
    Fashion House: 0,0014 x combined net value + $225 / visitor
    In the future we will also have Tax from Trade Station, that will be the combined consignment fee from all trade, no matter if “local” or “free settlers”. (to make it easier will still mention sales before fee in sales list)
    The Daycare may not work probably, at least I did not the first time. But will include the concept of school and daycare, although it does not actually happen like that in-game (as with the pickup of Daichi Nara)
    The caravan was auto-settled (on an open lot) by a couple of the construction workers, build a proper home for them, shuffled their personality’s and edited their looks. Not to be confused with the “workers” when they come back.
    Made Elea grow up (blowing), otherwise autonome

Sunrise over Simons cottage
    (no photoshopping)

i1O05Kc.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    I'm about to turn the computer off. It's been a busy day. I started off with those pics of Claire Ursine to show the changes achieved by using various skins. Actually before I did that I spent about half an hour trying to connect to the internet. It eventually connected and it's been a shock to see I've been connected for most of the day.

I also did some updates to my 30 Grandchildren game. I want to send sims to various other worlds for their vacations and I've noticed worlds have been vanishing from the game for a while now. And of course I can't just reinstall them. I decided to make a fresh Sims 3 folder and move my 30 Grandchildren save into it. So I've spent a while finding and installing things. I think I've got my Store content installed and all of the worlds I need for now. Just have to track down and install mods and custom content. It should all be there but I'll do that tomorrow.

Tonight I've added the music to the video I was supposed to finish this morning. But I didn't feel like working on it this morning and I wouldn't have done much of a job with it if I'd forced myself to do it then. So I did it tonight. I enjoyed myself doing it tonight. It's rendering now. Once that's done I'll export the mp4 file and then I'll transfer it to my tablet and start loading it. Tomorrow morning I'll set it up for you to watch it. If I can get my computer to connect to the internet.

Here is Sally dancing at Wendy and Wilfred's wedding in the 30 Grandchildren Episode 31 that's about to be loaded to YouTube.
    Wand-W-Wedding-Lionel-Rachael-Penny-Sally-Patience-Chris.jpg

Here is the same Sally in another save with her 'friend' or housemate, Wendel. Both are witches with some unfortunate traits. So far they seem to be getting along. Sally keeps changing into that outfit. It isn't one I gave her so I'm wondering if it's supposed to be her career outfit. They are both in the gardening career. Wendel just got his lifetime wish of Swimming in Cash. Now he's got the LTW I have decided to spend his money by doing up their house. They are enjoying the new facilities. I don't know what Wendel will do when he discovers I've spent all of his hard earned loot. Actually Sally earned most of it. But he did earn some of it.

Sally-And-Wendel.jpg

Sally-And-Wendel-2.jpg
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,774 Member
    Been busy with work again, had 6 days in a row but I’m off tomorrow. I’ll probably play some more of the Langerak save tonight then probably the Steel Legacy tomorrow, if I feel alright. I’m getting the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine tomorrow, I chose to get the Moderna one.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top