Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    edited December 2019
    Alrighty everyone! It is with great pleasure that I present Chapter 7, Part 1 to you. :mrgreen:

Many things will be revealed that you've had questions to. ;) And even more will be revealed in Part 2 (which will debut Friday :) ). Unfortunately the text limitations are making me break this Part 1 up into 2 posts... :confounded:

I did more posing in this chapter than I did in any of the others and it was truly a JOY watching the way I imagined these scenes in my head coming to life before my very eyes. :star: I can't thank the talents of many simmers in the community enough who come up with the perfect poses for my stories - at least when I was able to find them. :lol: I'm eternally grateful to you creators. Thank you SO much!

One more thing I wanted to say is, the writing you're about to read in the journals was not based on anything I found online like Stanley's card was. It was all me. :blush:

And now without further adieu, here is the beginning of Chapter 7. :blush:

Chapter 7
    Part 1

49206108307_f0be88b624_c.jpg

The two hour drive to the great city of Brighton flew by in a flash for Maureen, under the influence of her overwhelming excitement. She was DYING to open up her Grandmother’s old journals that were indeed within the locked wooden box - she checked for good measure to make sure the key worked and that the journals were actually in there - but with great self restraint she didn’t read them. She was also dying to find out what would be written in Stanley’s old journals as well.

When she arrived at the old house once again, she held the wooden box under her arm, and knocked on the door. Alan opened it with a smile this time and stepped aside to allow her in. He was looking especially handsome wearing a plaid, button up shirt and a dark blue or black slacks. She thought him to be a little overdressed for the occasion since he’d be exploring the attic, but she wasn’t complaining. Hopefully it didn’t mean he had to pop in to work later, it may very well take them ALL day to read and research, but perhaps he was preparing for it in case he was needed? She greatly hoped he wouldn’t be.

The main living area of the home looked mostly empty, except for an old worn sofa and an end table pushed to the far side of the room. There was a roaring fire going in the fireplace since there was no other heat source; at least not until the furnace was fixed. The old, hardwood floors were beautiful, but certainly needed to be refinished and that’s probably what Alan was preparing them for with moving the furniture out of the way. A tall ladder stood in the middle of the room, just below an opening in the ceiling that looked very much like the same kind of opening to the attic in her old cottage. Yeeeeah, he’s WAY overdressed if he’s gonna be crawling in there, she thought.

Alan was in the middle of popping his fingers and staring up at the ceiling when Maureen joyously asked him, “So, are you ready for this?”
    His eyebrows jumped with a sigh. “As ready as I’ll ever be.”
    “Oh hey,” she said, gently placing the box onto the end table and coming closer to him while gripping the key from her necklace. “Look what I found?”

49205894011_1228cbbe23_c.jpg

“Oh you found it?”
    “Yes! My Grandmother wore this necklace every day for as long as I can remember and I always thought it was a cool looking old key. She gave it to me just before she passed and told me I’d never know when I’d need an old key for something.” Alan’s eyes widened in surprise. “So now I know she WAS telling me about her relationship with your Grandpa, she just...couldn’t talk about it for some reason.”
    “Wow,” he said. “So that’s what you remembered that caused you to abruptly hang up on me last night?” He winked.
    “Sorry, but yes,” she blushed guiltily, “and once I found it I HAD to make sure the key worked and that the previous journals were in there. They are!” When Alan opened his mouth to say something she assured, “No, I didn’t read them. That was some killer self restraint on my part mind you! I was waiting so we could check out the journals together.” She smiled.
    “Good,” he smiled in return, then gazed back up at the ceiling with a sigh. “Man, this is going to be a real pain getting my Grandpa’s stuff down here.”

49205893981_2424a51f94_c.jpg

“What’s the matter Mr. CEO? Is this too much of a dirty job for you?” Maureen playfully teased.
    Alan shot her a playfully unamused look and then quipped back, “Funny, I seem to remember this being a dirty job for someone else too?”

49206104412_a5a99971c7_c.jpg

Maureen’s jaw dropped even farther amidst her bright, surprised grin. “Hey! The person in question was a lady who did not wish to get bitten and die from a black widow’s bite.”

49206104352_a33e49e81d_c.jpg

“Yeah, yeah,” he muttered, heading for the ladder and grabbing a flashlight before climbing up.
    “Seriously though,” she chuckled. “You got this!”

Once Alan got to the top of the ladder, he remembered the entrance door to the attic was one you slide over to open. Why do I remember that? he thought. He shrugged it off and said, “Alrighty. Here it goes.”

49206104082_3f77067f37_c.jpg

Halfway through opening it a rather large...creature...fell out and Alan cried, “WOAH! HOLY!
    Maureen screamed from down below as she witnessed the giant eight legged thing falling as well and jumped back like a spooked cat with her arms flailing around.

49205894146_53438c97dd_c.jpg

49205406803_e3ef6e38dc_c.jpg

The ladder wobbled from Alan’s scare and he gripped onto it tighter, trying to balance it and keep himself from falling off. Maureen cupped both hands to her mouth as she stopped and stared at the biggest and hairiest spider she had ever seen.

49205406858_b65543f233_c.jpg

Until…

Gazing at it more intently, and hearing Alan laughing with his forehead down upon his arm, she realized it was a FAKE spider toy!

Enraged, she cried, “Oh my gosh are you FREAKING KIDDING me Alan!? I about had a heart attack! That is NOT funny!”

49206104612_20803ebc9d_c.jpg

Alan laughed harder. “No...it...wasn’t,” he tried to say within the laugh...

49205406883_f4ab762fd2_c.jpg

...and raised his head, “I didn’t...put that up there...to scare you with. I mean, I put it up there, but...it was years ago.” He burst out laughing again.

49205406953_3bd0461e12_c.jpg

“Okay...what are you referring to?” she asked with her arms folded, still not amused.

Once he was able to compose himself, Alan explained. “I was like...9 or 10 years old. My older brother and I felt like playing a prank on our Grandparents. I know,” he stopped, “we were terrible. So when they both went outside to tend the garden, my brother grabbed a dining chair, hoisted me up, he is pretty tall, and I stuck the toy spider right onto the other side of the door and slid it shut. Apparently neither of them have been in the attic since then!” He laughed again.
    “Oh the irony!” Maureen sarcastically said, finally allowing herself to chuckle. “Or maybe one of them did get spooked and decided to put the spider back up there as payback because they had a feeling you’d be doing THIS!”
    Alan just shook his head at her as he tried to suppress his laugh. Pretty soon though he was able to pull himself together and get back to the task at hand.

It seemed Stanley’s attic was a little bigger than Maureen’s so Alan was able to get around and see a bit better. He needed to remove all of his Grandpa’s belongings from the attic, since they hoped to sell the house in the near future, so he passed down many a box for Maureen to take and place onto the floor.

Not much was said between the two for a good 5 minutes as Alan just reached for the boxes that were closest to the entrance point. “I’m gonna have to get in there in a few minutes to get to the rest of them,” he said, wiping at his brow with his shirtsleeve.
    Maureen certainly liked the view of him working so hard from down below, especially as her eyes wandered toward his tight bum and she found herself biting her lower lip.

49206104702_22cdb575e3_c.jpg

Oh geez would you STOP that Maureen! She told herself, ever pushing away all the feelings of attraction she kept having towards him. Yes, he’s gorgeous, but he’s SO not your type!
    “You okay?” Alan asked her, taking notice of her faraway look.
    Maureen slightly flinched. “Oh uh, yeah,” she replied, instantly brushing a bit of hair behind her ear.
    Alan smiled down at her thinking of how cute she looked in her embarrassment there. He’d never know what she was thinking about just then, but he found himself wishing it was thoughts of him.

Just then Alan’s phone rang and he said, “Excuse me,” to Maureen and answered it. It was Amber, his Secretary, asking him if he’d like to meet up somewhere for lunch. He turned away from Maureen and said in a low tone, “Sorry, I’m busy today,” he answered. “I’m spending it with...an old friend.” Amber expressed her disappointment in a slight whining tone, but Alan apologized again and told her he really had to go and that he’d see her at work on Monday. When the call ended he said to Maureen, “Sorry about that.”

“So...Alan,” Maureen addressed. “Could I ask you a personal question?”
    He looked at her for a moment, debating. “Sure…?”
    “You mentioned not being very close to your Grandpa. Why is that?”

49205407008_0d642643a8_c.jpg

He looked away from her again and expelled a very deep sigh. That was a long one to answer.
    “Sorry...you really don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to.”
    “No,” he assured, “I’m just trying to think of how to consolidate the whole story for you.”

49205406523_5df02b103e_c.jpg

Maureen 🐸🐸🐸🐸 her head to the side a bit, giving him a questioning look, but ready to listen.

“My Grandpa and I were close once,” he began, “when I was a boy. We used to go on fishing trips together since he was the only one who shared my interest in it. I kinda wish my dad had, but that’s beside the point.” He paused. “We had some good times. Then when I got into middle school I,” he hesitated somewhat, “I kinda got in with the wrong group of friends and...started doing some things I shouldn’t have.” Maureen frowned for a second, but still held her gaze onto him. “I suddenly became what everyone calls a ‘juvenile delinquent.’ My Grandpa tried many times to have heart to heart talks with me about my behavior, no doubt at the request of my mom, and each time...I would just angrily blow him off. I didn’t care.” Now he frowned himself, the remorse coming back. “Anyway, the delinquent behavior continued on through high school until I got in trouble with the law when I was 16. After that experience I decided to clean myself up; make something of myself, but by that time...my Grandpa and I had drifted too far apart. It felt like he’d just given up on me. And honestly I don’t blame him...after the way I treated him,” he concluded, lowering his head.

49205894456_7b82ae3923_c.jpg

The sadness and remorse seemed to shower down from him onto Maureen and her heart began to ache for him. The only thing she could think to say was, “I’m so sorry.”
    “Don’t be,” he said rather quickly.
    Maureen then sighed. “Well, you certainly did a great job moving in a better direction since you were 16,” she complimented. “I mean, look at you now, CEO of MetroCorp. That’s no easy feat!”
    “It really wasn’t,” he admitted. “At times I felt like I was literally on the ground, clawing my way forward to get to the top; worried that my past would come back to haunt me. I got really lucky.”
    Maureen really wanted to know all the details, but it wasn’t her business to. She’d certainly done things in the past she wasn’t proud of. As long as one learns from those mistakes, that’s what really matters. And Alan definitely learned. “Well,” she began to say, “I’m happy for you Alan. I hope the CEO life has given you everything you ever wanted.”

49205407113_926198f02c_c.jpg

“Yeeeeah,” he said in a faint whisper.
    “Alrighty then! I’m ready for the rest of the boxes,” she said, holding her arms up with a smile.
    Alan smiled in return, sensing that she didn’t judge him in the least for what he just revealed and that impressed him all the more about her.

49205894521_0f9c102f89_c.jpg

Sighing, he climbed up into the attic, venturing into a place he really didn’t want to be, but he thought, If it means spending more time with her, solving this mystery, than I’m willing to do it.

Something about being in Maureen’s presence got him feeling emotions that he hadn’t felt in a long time; some he never felt before. He wanted to explore more of those emotions, but at the same time the thought petrified him. What domino effect would that choice cause and is it what he truly wanted?

All he knew was...he felt like a better person when he was around her; like his normal self that he thought he’d lost so many years ago.

The person his Grandpa Stanley tried to remind him of...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

See next post!
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Continued.....

The two had their backs to each other, sitting upon the floor on their knees, and searching through each and every box; stopping for a moment if they found anything cool to share. When a box had been searched through and didn’t turn up any journals, they pushed it to the far side of the room and went on to the next closest box, narrowing them down.

49205407193_7732642fbb_c.jpg

“Found ‘em yet?” Maureen asked, referring to his Grandpa’s journals.
    “Not yet,” Alan replied, continuing to dig in a box. He glanced at his watch and it was noon. This was taking longer than he expected.
    “Maybe you should be looking for a hidden, sealed box too,” she joked.
    That got him to chuckle for about a second, but then he began to fear they wouldn’t find any pre war journals at all; they’d found the more recent ones earlier. And that would be terribly disappointing. Three boxes remained.

Maureen found a little stack of old records and said, “Oh wow,” as she flipped through them. “Big Band music!” she exclaimed, holding the record out for Alan to see. “My Grandma, and my mom, loved the Big Band music!”
    “I guess there’s something my Grandpa and your Grandma had in common,” he said, flashing her a smile.
    “Indeed! Or,” she paused, “it was something he listened to to remember her by, and her him.”
    Alan sightly nodded. “Perhaps.”

“Did you happen to find the Purple Heart? I haven’t over here,” Maureen asked about a minute later.
    “No, my parent’s most likely have it,” Alan replied. “That’s not exactly something one leaves in a box in the attic.”
    “Oh. Right.”

Alan didn’t find anything in that box so he grabbed one of the last three boxes to go through. Before he moved anything in it, Maureen informed, “Oh! I think I found something here!”
    He turned to look over her shoulder as she lifted up a stack of thin journals that’d been held together by some fraying twine.

49206105017_b8012308bf_c.jpg

“I think we just found what we’re looking for,” she grinned.
    “Indeed,” Alan said, carefully taking the stack from her.

The two then groaned a bit as they sat down flat on their bums, to relieve the numbing feeling in their legs, with their backs now against the other. They surprised each other as neither seemed bothered by the touch.

Alan undid the twine and checked to make sure the thin books were his Grandfather’s journals from his younger days. They were. Yes!
    “You ready to do this?” he turned his head to ask Maureen. “We’re about to find out the answers to all of your questions; the story of our Grandparent’s relationship.”
    “Yes!” she said in a hushed tone, her heart thumping with joy and nervousness at the same time. Alan’s was doing the same.

49205894646_3cde65d730_c.jpg

“Before we start,” he swallowed, “I just wanted to say I’m glad you insisted I help you with this Maureen. This is indeed...exciting.”
    Maureen grinned brightly, even blushing a little, which she was glad he couldn’t see. “Thank you again for helping me. Now let’s get this party started!”

They started by organizing the journals in chronological order, the oldest one on top of the stack, and started with it. They would then read aloud every entry from each journal to the other, taking turns, in the order that they were written. Many of the entries were written on the same day and that made going through the timeline a little easier.

49205407343_a8e5571071_c.jpg

Alan found just the right starting point entry from his Grandpa’s journal where he talked about meeting a certain young woman at the high school’s Sock Hop.

Dear Journal,

I met the girl of my dreams tonight. We passed
    many a glance at each other as we did the swing
    dance in our socks with our dance partners. Her
    beautiful, dazzling smile caught my attention for
    so long that I nearly stepped on my partner’s foot!
    I was mesmerized! I tried to remember her name
    as I had seen her around town. Maureen Baker.
    Why she caught my attention so fiercely on this
    night rather than other times I had seen her
    before, I will never know. But one thing is for
    certain: the moment I laid eyes on her,
    was the moment I knew that I found my future
    wife. I cannot explain it, I just know.

Alan found himself thinking, I may kinda know how he feels, but he shook his head. Who was he kidding?
    “Aww!” Maureen said in a romantic tone. “And that’s my Grandma! Oh my gosh that’s SO romantic!” Then she read a piece of her Grandma’s entry from that night.
    Stanley Edwards! Out of all the men
    there, he was the only one who asked
    to be my dance partner three times!
    I am not sure why he did, since he had
    never paid me any mind before. Was it because
    my sister insisted that she curl my hair
    for once in my life tonight? Okay so I am not
    fond of curling my hair...but I may just
    do it if it means attracting such handsome
    guys like Stanley. I must admit he never
    looked so charming before and that
    guy can swing dance like nobody’s business!

Alan snorted. “Grandpa! An excellent swing dancer and handsome? Hardly!”
    “Well of course he didn’t look as handsome as he did back then when he went through being a POW and aged into an old man!” Maureen retorted.
    “Okay you’re right. I was mostly kidding anyway.”

They kept on reading.

That evening I followed Maureen to her car.
    I did not wish to bother her or scare her
    away, but I had to tell her just how beautiful
    she looked tonight. I had to ask her on a date
    for tomorrow. And every night following if
    she would allow me…

49206103977_766f7dfed2_c.jpg
    I was absolutely flabbergasted that Stanley
    asked me out on a date! I mean, how could I
    say no to a guy that just called me beautiful?
    No guy has ever said that to me before.
    It has to be the curls in my hair! Guess I
    will become a slave to curling my hair daily
    just like every other girl my age.

49206105212_e0279ee357_c.jpg

Alan and Maureen looked over their shoulders at each other with chuckles and then continued on reading.

They read all the many entries about their Grandparent’s growing relationship, the fun and romantic dates they went on, as well as their blooming love. Both of them had such a witty personality in their journal entries that the Grandchildren could see just how compatible and perfect for each other they really were.
    Dear Journal,

I wish I could take this glorious evening and
    transfer it into a camera reel so I could relive
    it for the rest of my life! At the duck pond,
    with the light of the full moon and stars
    as our backdrop, Stanley took my hand and
    slipped on a ring of promise, asking if I would
    promise to be his girl until he was old
    enough to marry me. As if I even had a
    second thought! I threw my arms around
    his neck and said YES!

Dear Journal,

I cannot stop thinking about my girl, Maureen
    tonight that I cannot rest. She just made me
    the happiest man in the world and while
    it was not a marriage proposal, it might as
    well have been. Oh how my heart keeps skipping
    a beat at the thought of her so joyously
    answering Yes to me! Such excitement was
    written upon my face when I returned home, that
    my mother asked me if I was unwell. I said,
    “No mother. On the contrary, I have never felt so
    good in all my life.” She knew I was referring to
    my time with Maureen. I am forever grateful that
    my parents approved of our courtship from
    the very beginning.

But amidst all of this joy journal, my heart
    is full of worry and sorrow. For a great war has
    been looming and our country is now involved
    in it. I know I will be called to fight in it when I
    graduate which will tear me away from my
    girl for who knows how long. For why do you
    think I gave her that promise ring? If I were to
    ever lose her while being away at war, I shall
    surely die.

Alan and Maureen lowered the journals and turned their faces toward each other, cheeks almost touching, with sadness very much written in their eyes.

49205407298_f7c2dba1aa_c.jpg

It took a moment for one of them to speak. “It hurts sitting here on the floor,” said Alan. “Do you want to move to the couch?”
    “Gladly!” Maureen expressed.
    Alan stood up first, groaning a bit while clutching his lower back, and held a hand out to Maureen to help her up.
    “Thank you,” she said, brushing her hair behind her ear again.

The two continued to read about their Grandparent’s high school graduation and then shortly thereafter Stanley receiving his “Order to Report for Induction” into the Army, meaning his draft notice. It was a painful time for the young lovers, especially with Stanley being away more often than usual to prepare for his departure.
    My parents had plans set in place for a
    quick wedding and I even picked out my dress,
    unbeknownst to Stanley. He reports
    tomorrow and Lord knows how long he
    will be gone. I do not know why he did
    not officially propose by now? For if he had,
    we would surely be getting married tonight.
    Yet here I am, pouring out my woes
    to you journal. I do not want him to go!
    For how shall I live not seeing him each
    day and not knowing what he is enduring.
    Sure writing letters can be nice, but
    they take so long to reach the recipient.

Alan and Maureen had to shoot a glance at each other as that part was read. That was for certain when it came to Stanley’s proposal Christmas card!

49205893251_bf198a830e_c.jpg

They went on to read each couple’s passage about their tearful goodbye on the day of Stanley’s departure.

They say ‘parting is such sweet sorrow,’
    but this parting was only filled with sorrow.
    Nothing sweet about it. My dear Maureen
    held me so tightly, and I her, as we felt like
    our world was crashing down all around us.
    I know I should have proposed to her earlier,
    but the last thing I wanted to do was leave my
    brand new wife to go to war. I felt I could not
    do that to her, but then again, how was not
    being married and parting like this any different?

49205948493_27740e63e2_c.jpg

Maureen then went on to read her Grandma’s tearful passage. Some of the things they wrote about when saying goodbye were quite explicit - mostly about making out and touching - not something you’d expect to read from a proper couple of 50 years ago. So the Grandchildren chose to skip those bits, but it was understandable given the situation.

49206649482_61defec650_c.jpg

For a year the two lovers corresponded non stop, as much as they were able. Their entries were just as much of a romantic read as the Christmas Card was. Suddenly, the inside of the home became quite chilly as the fire was burning out so they both decided to take a break for Alan to add more wood onto the fire and for Maureen to use the bathroom and drink some water. Naturally, Alan had to do those things as well.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*Sorry I had to cut it off here...but there wasn't a better spot to do so. Stay tuned for Part 2 on Friday. :)
    (I'll get to posting it as early as possible! <3 )
    Post edited by emorrill on
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Trying to do a thanksgiving chapter is proving to be difficult.XD
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    @bekkasan Thanks I'm just glad she was recognisable :sweat_smile:
    Thank you for your prayers. I just feel so struck with sadness reading the updates everyday. The total dead is now up to nine with many still missing, and also a lot of people in hospital that are unable to be identified because of their intense burns. There are still people on that island assumed dead but it is too hazardous to get them at the moment because of the high chance of there being another eruption. At this stage it's looking like there will be little to no survivors :cry:
    I started writing a photoshop guide for you and silverofdreams but I never got around to finishing it. If you ever want me to edit something for you feel free to send me the image and I'll give it a try :smile:
    Ahh I'm embarrassed to say that I completely forgot the names of Victor and Gardenia's children. They are so cute though :smile:
    @king_of_simcity7 Anta and the others better not hurt Hana :frowning:
    @Steamvarius Nice to see you back. Congrats on finishing the 7th book. Their arcade room looks like the most fun place in the house. Oh no Drake's blue dress got totally singed. Maybe he best wear fireproof clothes next time.
    @Nikkei_Simmer Ouch that throat infection sounds nasty. My thoughts are with you today :smile:
    @Emma_Valentine Cute wedding venue. The dancing on table or counter comes from the Party Animal trait. To post pictures you need to get a link to them individually that ends in .jpg or .png. Then you paste the link in the picture icon just above the textbox that says 'Image URL'. It should have [ img ] and [ /img ] (without the spaces) around the link.
    @ilikethesims30 I encourage you to look here if you haven't yet. Loading times are not meant to be that long so to me this seems like either a corruption, hardware or bloat issue. Karritz and Emily have given you some helpful tips. I would definitely clean up the SNAPS with S3P3 if you haven't done this in a long time or at all. It will improve loading dramatically. I get Error 12 and I was at a stage where the game would load but I couldn't save at all. I ended up using Porter to move them to a new town and it's been a bit better.
    @Sleepstar Sounds like there was a really long line up to get inside City Hall. At least they got in in the end. Marius' vote seems accurate :lol:
    @lisasc360 I hope Ye didn't sizzle to death in the sun watching Brian. I miss having a trampoline, I used to have so much fun on mine as a kid. Everyone except the girl in the back row looks miserable. Only ants can read that writing on the board lol. I'm glad that Brian survived the day so far. Donny is so sweet to Lisa. I hope she can graduate soon so she can visit them. The easel and accessories look so realistic.
    The sidewalk mural actually looks pretty good. Uh oh Brian is in danger. Lisa's very popular with the guys on campus! Haha I wasn't expecting this. Hopefully she won't be attacking Brian for his blood anymore... she will want his brain instead :lol:
    @emorrill I'm very excited to hear that questions will be answered. I also want to see Alan and Maureen getting closer but I'm sure that will come in due time :wink:
    She's got great patience, I don't think I would be able to wait! Alan sure does look handsome in his shirt. There may be a chance that he would have to go back to work but a part of me thinks he wanted to look good for her. I just hope he doesn't expect her to crawl into the attic :lol:
    Ahhh he's winking and she's blushing! Aww he wanted to read the journals with her. These two are like peas in a pod. They are so flirty it's driving me crazy lol just kiss already :tongue::smirk:
    Maureen's scared face is so funny. I can't blame her for I would be screaming too. I love how you drew the spider, it actually looks kinda cute (what am I saying?!?!) haha. Omg you got me, I thought it was a real spider too. He planned this, only a psycho plays around with people's fear of spiders :lol:
    I love how much fun they're having together. Seems like Alan really changed his mind about sending Maureen away. I remember this picture of him on the ladder from a while ago. I love her inner turmoil. She really likes him there's no point to deny it. He really likes her too. Ah that pesky Amber likes to get in the way. I'm so glad that Alan brushed her off and it's like he didn't want Maureen to know who was calling. Oh no this story is sad. I can't really picture Alan being a rebel delinquent anymore but I guess that's a testament to how well he's done in life. Surely his Grandpa wouldn't have given up on him totally. I see no reason for reconciliation after he started to work and got ambitions. This is cheesy but I wanna say that Alan likes being a CEO but feels that something is missing from his life.... someone to share it with :tongue::love:
    Aw she makes him want to be a better person. That's love right there plain and simple. YES it's what you truly want!
    They look so cute going through the boxes. Ouch I don't like sitting on the ground for too long either. Gee I hope the journals reveal something good. I love the sitting back to back pose a lot. You wouldn't do that with someone unless you trusted them. Thank goodness that their grandparents included dates in their journals.
    Awww Stanley is such a sweetie. Lol Alan you have the very same feelings towards our Maureen too. Seems like grandma Maureen is smitten too. I'm smiling reading their journals but I know something sad is going to happen soon. Ahh it's the picture from your sig! If only they got married before he went away. I suppose in the next update he will become a POW and be unable send letters, and since Maureen never got the Christmas card she would have assumed that he passed away. It's so sad :confounded:
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I got my tenth anniversary badge today! :)

@coco What happened at White Island is very sad :'(
  • Options
    @mikezumi That's amazing, congrats :smiley:
    I wonder if I would have my 10th badge on my old account by now.
    I love your new profile picture. They are so handsome! :smiley:
    It's a real tragedy. I can't imagine the pain that their families and friends must be feeling right now :disappointed:
  • Options
    ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    @coco, page 3750.
    Thanks! To be honest, I was expecting either Drake or Iris to catch fire whilst using the inventing table at some point.

@Mikezumi.
    Gratz on the badge!
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Options
    @coco Although I have been playing since game came out I didn't join forum until later in the year when I had a few things I couldn't work out for myself. I was also on TS2 forum but not very active. You probably would have it on your old account. What a pity you had to start again.
    I can't imagine what their families are going through and having to wait because of the conditions would make it far worse :'(

@Steamvarius Thanks :)
  • Options
    @mikezumi I just checked and when I logged in I got the badge. If I knew at the time that I could have changed my account name I probably would have stuck with it. I remember being active on the TS2 BBS but not enough to know anyone. Seems so long ago now :lol:
    I read that they flew some people back to Australia today and more hopefully tomorrow. I suppose they must be in stable condition to be allowed to come back. It's a long road ahead for recovery. I hope that they make it.
  • Options
    @coco Congrats on badge although it's not on your current profile :)
    I mostly read TS2 forum for information rather than participating.
    That's great that some are coming home. I imagine they have a long road ahead of them but being home will hopefully help.
  • Options
    OH CARP! :confounded:

Those of you who read Chapter 7 already, go back and look at the tail end of the second post, as I forgot to add in some very important pictures! :grimace:
  • Options
    @emorrill Those last two pictures really end that chapter perfectly as it's our first glimpse of Stanley and Maureen together. I love the tone of the pictures and how the dull colouring reflects their somber moods. Is that a train behind them?
  • Options
    @coco I was so excited to see your comments on Part 1 of the new Chapter so quickly after I posted it. :mrgreen:
    I enjoyed the heck out of reading them. :smiley: As you'll see...
    I'm very excited to hear that questions will be answered. I also want to see Alan and Maureen getting closer but I'm sure that will come in due time :wink:
    ^Hmm it's like you know me or something. :p:smirk:
    These two are like peas in a pod.
    ^It sure seems that way now huh? ;)
    They are so flirty it's driving me crazy lol just kiss already :tongue::smirk:
    ^Omgosh RIGHT?! Hee hee hee!!! :mrgreen::smirk:
    Truthfully if I were the reader I'd be thinking the SAME thing!
    I love how you drew the spider, it actually looks kinda cute (what am I saying?!?!)
    ^ :blush: Thank you. It did turn out cute. :lol:
    I was laughing so stinking hard for a good 5 minutes when I was drawing in that spider. :joy: Ask @bekkasan I was texting her about it at the time.
    She really likes him there's no point to deny it. He really likes her too.
    ^Yup! :smirk:
    Surely his Grandpa wouldn't have given up on him totally. I see no reason for reconciliation after he started to work and got ambitions.
    ^Yeah I was thinking about that too. I should've given it more thought, but...I think Alan was so hurt by feeling like his Grandpa 'gave up' on him that he used his career ambitions as an excuse not to grow closer to him again.
    This is cheesy but I wanna say that Alan likes being a CEO but feels that something is missing from his life.... someone to share it with :tongue::love:
    ^Perhaps. :smirk: Me thinks you have a gift of intuition girl. ;)
    Aw she makes him want to be a better person. That's love right there plain and simple. YES it's what you truly want!
    ^ 🙌🙌
    Yeah them sitting back to back with that big smile on Maureen's face is my favorite pic too. <3
    Yeah I wish I could say the Grandparent's story is going to get better from here on out... :pensive: You'll need some tissues for the next part...
    Those last two pictures really end that chapter perfectly as it's our first glimpse of Stanley and Maureen together. I love the tone of the pictures and how the dull colouring reflects their somber moods. Is that a train behind them?
    ^Thank you. <3
    Yes it's a train. :blush: I used the Boxcar Diner. :p
    Thank you for all the sweet comments. :kissing_heart:

I can't WAIT to roll out Part 2 and read everyone's reactions to it! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@king_of_simcity7 They do look a bit tense.

@Nikkei_Simmer Hope you feel better soon!

@ilikethesims30 Sounds like you've got some major issues with your save. I hope some of the suggestions made by the others help you out.

@Emma_Valentine Strange that you can't post the picture you have enough points to post. Cute pic of the dancing on the table :)

@Sleepstar That is the first time I've seen the most likely to burn his house down. :lol:

@lisasc360 Nice to see your sim again. She's been stuck at uni for awhile now! :wink:
    I hope she gets to go home soon. LOL at her turning Ye into a zombie!

@emorrill Awesome chapter! So much happening between those two with the looks at each other, the thoughts they are having. Yep, I think he likes her and she likes him! They are just not ready to admit it yet to each other.
    Maureen looks great in her outfit and I love the key necklace.
    Apparently Maureen is a tush girl! I don't blame her.
    Great scared picture of her!
    lol at the spider landing in front of her! I would have screamed too.
    That is so funny he put it up there as a kid and forgot about it.
    That was very nice that she helped as he took the boxes down.
    Well, pushy Amber just had to call. Glad he brushed her off.
    Seems as if she wants to get to know him better asking about his relationship with his Grandpa.
    I'm glad he was able to be honest with her about how things were and what happened and that she was accepting of it and not judgemental.
    I'm happy they found the journals and it was cool how they read the parts to each other. Love those poses of them sitting back to back. So cute.
    Both Stanley and Maureen seemed so much in love with each other. They write each other for a year. SO....what happened! :confused:
    Well, I know he was a POW, but how the heck did she marry someone else so quick? I sure hope more answers are on Friday.
    The pictures at the train station are awesome. So very romantic.

@coco I have too many sims for me to remember their names, let alone expect y'all to remember them. :smiley:
    I heard that two more of the victims died today. :cry: All we can do is pray and hope for miracles for the others.
    Thank you. I might take you up on it someday. :smiley:
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    @bekkasan I thoroughly enjoy reading your comments all the time too. :kissing_heart:
    Yep, I think he likes her and she likes him! They are just not ready to admit it yet to each other.
    ^I guess the question is WHEN will they be ready to admit it to each other? :smirk:
    You may not believe this, but...I've never been a tush girl. :p It's true...I like sexy chests and beautiful smiles. That being said, if a cute guy bends over for whatever reason, I can't not check out the tush! :lol:
    Yup. Pushy pushy Amber...I wonder if she'll ever go away? :confused:
    Both Stanley and Maureen seemed so much in love with each other. They write each other for a year. SO....what happened! :confused: Well, I know he was a POW, but how the heck did she marry someone else so quick?
    ^That's the million dollar question. :neutral: All will be revealed in Part 2. ;) I think it's going to be something most of you will not expect...
    Thank you. :kissing_heart: It was fun setting up the train station pics. :blush: Thank you Boxcar Diner and fog emitters! :lol:

<3
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Screenshot.jpg
    "Happy Thanksgiving Catarina." Tom pulled her into a long embrace.She was so glad
    to have someone celebrate with her."Thanks for coming over to help." "Anything for you."

Screenshot-13.jpg
    "Tom, do you think you could run to the Nectary and grab two bottles of Cranberry Nectar.I need
    one for my cookies.And the other...to drink.XD" "Hope not the whole bottle." "Tom!" "Sorry, sure."

Screenshot-15.jpg
    Deanna was the first one to arrive.I don't know why the game gave her such a hideous eyeshadow with that hairstyle.XD
    "So that's Tom over there?" "Yep." "I was starting to think he didn't exisit. A guy who helps bake, he's a keeper." "He sure is"

Screenshot-14.jpg
    I didn't realize this table could fit so much food on it.

Screenshot-5.jpg
    "Food is already everyone! Come eat." Gosh, I hope I learned something from grandma

Screenshot-8.jpg
    "Tom, this Deanna my older sister.Deanna this is tom." "Its nice to finally meet you, I thought
    Catarina was making you up." "No, I'm real...Just hard to catch apparently."

Screenshot-9.jpg
    "Deanna, is that Jake over there?" Deanna spun around to look real quick."WHAT IS HE DOING HERE?" She
    gasped."Yes, that's him." "Oh, I see." Tom said disappointingly."I don't recall her inviting him" Deanna said."He must
    have just invited himself, which is typical."

Screenshot-6.jpg
    At dinner, Tom couldn't help but watch Jake.Making sure he wasn't being a plum toward
    Catarina.Deanna noticed and watched the four." The Old boyfriend...." Deanna said....."The New boyfriend...." She continued...
    " smell the tension..." Everyone looked up."Deanna!" Catarina shouted."Sorry." Catarina was beaming red with anger
    and had to control herself.
    (Yes I know the table is missing with the photo.This was before I placed the table and my game had crashed)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=bAFVhL62sTY
    Watch the old boyfriend new boyfriend bit in full house XD except its girlfriend.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@emorrill I'm guessing that Maureen meets her future English husband at the 5 and dime store, was bowled over by his accent and dumped Stanley on the spot! :lol: ok...maybe not the best guess cause I don't think she is that flighty. I just can't imagine what you have in store for us but am looking forward to Friday and will have my tissues ready.

@GraceyManor Mom seemed to be missing in the photos of Thanksgiving. Did she pass away again?
    Looks like Deanna is a police officer.
    Omg Jake came to dinner! Where is the proverbial bus when you need to get rid of a character. lol

I didn't have time to load game and play last night once I got home and finished paperwork and had some dinner, so I poked around in my albums looking at Christmas pictures. I found the first one in the wrong album. That was Bekka and Patrick's first Christmas decorations in their small log cabin before it got renovated to a bigger cabin. :smiley: The second one was taken at the festival lot. hehe, I made them wear matching Christmas patterns. So cruel. The lighting was terrible on the second one ,can barely see Patrick's face! These were back from 2017 when I had everything installed just before the puter started groaning that it was too much stuff for it and lagging like crazy. I uninstalled the game and left out pets, seasons and most of the store stuff when I reinstalled it.
    32319936522_3562fb9ab9_b.jpg
    31705838602_9cbacce8da_b.jpg
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member

@bekkasan

Cute Christmas room, and almost kiss.

@GraceyManor

seemedlike a yummy christmas dinner.
  • Options
    @bekkasan
    She did and I didn't even know it.Or I assume she did or the game culled her.
    She's missing from the relationship tab and from Deanna's household but is showing on the family tree.
    Actually, Deanna was in a costume.She came back from a party, she couldn't miss Thanksgiving.
  • Options
    bekkasan wrote: »
    @emorrill I'm guessing that Maureen meets her future English husband at the 5 and dime store, was bowled over by his accent and dumped Stanley on the spot! :lol: ok...maybe not the best guess cause I don't think she is that flighty. I just can't imagine what you have in store for us but am looking forward to Friday and will have my tissues ready.

I didn't have time to load game and play last night once I got home and finished paperwork and had some dinner, so I poked around in my albums looking at Christmas pictures. I found the first one in the wrong album. That was Bekka and Patrick's first Christmas decorations in their small log cabin before it got renovated to a bigger cabin. :smiley: The second one was taken at the festival lot. hehe, I made them wear matching Christmas patterns. So cruel. The lighting was terrible on the second one ,can barely see Patrick's face! These were back from 2017 when I had everything installed just before the puter started groaning that it was too much stuff for it and lagging like crazy. I uninstalled the game and left out pets, seasons and most of the store stuff when I reinstalled it.
    32319936522_3562fb9ab9_b.jpg
    31705838602_9cbacce8da_b.jpg

@bekkasan Ooooh! :open_mouth: I LOVE those pictures, but the last one especially! <3 Beautiful and so so romantic!
    And the cute deer! Awwwww! :mrgreen:
    I hope you can play with Seasons and Pets in your game someday. :star:

Anyway, regarding what you said about Maureen and Richard, the 5 & Dime reference made me chuckle :lol: , but that's not quite how it happened. ;):p
    But no doubt the accent was a nice plus. :blush:
    I deeply apologize for that horrible stopping point. :confounded: Everyone hated it! :lol: I would have as the reader too...I'll get right on posting the next part first thing tomorrow! :star:

I'm not feeling so great this morning. :( I think those allergy shots really did me in...... :confounded: So I'm trying to rest up.
    Why did I agree to start getting them again?

Been enjoying your posts everyone. Happy Simming! :)
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member

Christmas themed- Ty and Audra

[img][/img]wGuZkFK.jpg

" So Say Love it is quite empty in this home now since everyone has moved
    right"? Ty said looking sweetly at his wife.

" Eh yes, what do you suggest we do with all this new space"? She said surprised.

" Why do we do not create one final baby," He said giving her that look.

" uh oh what"

" Please"?

" Fine, okay but if there are triplets you take care
    of them during the night"

Ty laughed and hugged her

" I promise".

[img][/img]rXLB7PR.jpg

" I love you Ty"

" I love you Audra"

[img][/img]vVPe1I2.jpg

[img][/img]oEhmLUM.jpg

[img][/img]rmIDJ7f.jpg

[img][/img]CnkjiHJ.jpg

[img][/img]Q6YrmlO.jpg

All for today
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,286 Member

Day 12 of the Advent Calendar consist of Gift Wrapped wine bottles which can be found in the Sculptures Tab, 2 different wine bottles - 1 standing and 1 laying down which can be found in the Misc. Decorations Tab and the wine bottle with the candle which can be found in the Table Lamps tab... :)
    https://aroundthesims3.com/
    BaaLd9t.jpg

The wrapped bottles reminds me of the empty wine bottle that I got from my sister-in-law that I had put on one of those bottle sweater covers that I got from a former co-worker who gave me a 2 liter bottle of Coke for Christmas one year... :)
    bjWBXUS.jpg

I will give feedback later as I am having a hard time at the moment as I keep hitting the back button instead of the post button after I'm done typing out my post... :D
  • Options
    @Silverofdreams30 Oh my gosh that dialogue between Ty and Audra....awwwww! <3<3 They are numbered among the two most happiest people in love. :blush:
    *Prays they do not have triplets for their sake!* :flushed:
    :lol:

This smile!!!

oEhmLUM.jpg

:love:

@lisasc360 Thanks for sharing. :) That bottle sweater is adorable! <3

• Options
    @GraceyManor That's such a beautiful kitchen. Deanna's eyeshadow is a bit severe lol. Tom would be so happy knowing that Catarina is saying nice things about him. This house looks so spacious. Argh who the he*ck invited Jake over. Lol Deanna's funny! :lol:
    @bekkasan I love all the Christmassy decorations in the log cabin. I should try building a cabin in the woods sometime. The second picture is stunning. Even though the lighting on Bekka and Patrick is dark it still looks really romantic :blush:
    @Silverofdreams30 Aren't Ty and Audra grandparents now? :lol: But I still wholeheartedly approve of them having another baby. It's their duty to make sure their pretty genetics get passed on. Awww the dialogue was very romantic, I love these two! :smile:
    @lisasc360 I have never heard of a bottle sweater cover before. It's cute! I save drafts all the time because it's frustrating to lose everything you have written :angry:
  • Options
    carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    I seem to have fixed my glitched twins by just taking out Nraas's RelationshipPanel mod from the mods folder since I can now click on each twin to change outfits and whatnot. Especially the female twin who is a witch and I would love it if she could get her spellcasting skill up closer to where her mother's spellcasting skill is so they can duel each other for practice. Poor Alecia has a long way to go before her skill is high enough to be able to do that.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top