Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member

The Conleys Christmas- Luna and Sean

[img][/img]iIxWt5a.jpg

Snowflake day had arrived (I almost missed it) Back to Sean and Luna who will
    have the snowflake party for the family.

[img][/img]hIdzPH1.jpg

[img][/img]XpYmg5B.jpg

It snowed heavily outside.

[img][/img]aushPh7.jpg

[img][/img]yo2wr9A.jpg

[img][/img]Ivw1UUM.jpg

[img][/img]h3jxRs7.jpg

I found them out by a shop when save opened.

[img][/img]UFeaYko.jpg

Later after the spa and hospital visit, Luna arrived home.

[img][/img]PK9jWQg.jpg

Sean prepared the turkey since the party would start at 7 pm.

Bonus

[img][/img]WPodeTV.jpg

[img][/img]AUnYBzu.jpg

[img][/img]bf9300J.jpg

Mr. Bath guy for you @ZhakiraP hehe and two leftover
    Ty photos.

• lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member

Day 14 of the advent calendar consist of a gift wrapped watch box, a watch box, a watch that lays out on the table and 2 watches for wearing either on the right arm or the left arm... :)
    https://aroundthesims3.com/
    ATS3_advent2019_14_in.jpg

@emorrill,
    @lisasc360 Thanks for sharing. :) That bottle sweater is adorable! <3
    You're welcome... :) And thank you for the comment about bottle sweater... :)

@coco,
    @lisasc360 I have never heard of a bottle sweater cover before. It's cute! I save drafts all the time because it's frustrating to lose everything you have written :angry:
    Neither did I until my former co-worker gave me a bottle of coke with the sweater on it... :) I suppose that I could do that as well as am always making some type of mistake like closing out the tab that I'm trying to make more postings on.

@Puddinroy,
    @lisasc360: Thanks for posting the advent calender items from ATS3.
    You're welcome... :)

@bekkasan,
    @lisasc360 The bottles are so cute!
    I like your coke sweater too!
    That they are. Sandy does a real good job at creating CC... :)
    Thank you... :)

@GraceyManor,
    @lisasc360
    Thank you for posting those every day.
    I kind of forgot to grab some of them though LOL.
    You're welcome... :)
    Oh well that's okay as she will have them back up on December 25th... :)
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@emorrill Our youth choir used to do caroling thru the neighborhood during the Christmas season. It was lots of fun and people seemed to enjoy it. It was a very different world back then. Things are too strange and scary for that kind of caroling to happen now. :( I like that your group has picked certain people and places to go to and that should be lots of fun. I hope that L enjoys it as well. That is a great way to learn about giving.

@Silverofdreams30 Luna and Sean's house looks so pretty in the snow.
    She looks so cute with her baby bump!
    Sweet Daddy talking and listening to baby.
    Love the happy photos of Ty!

@lisasc360 Cute watches and package.

Rafe and Autumn arrive.
    49216758043_652bca340a_b.jpg
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    The thread has been WAY too quiet lately. :cry:

Y'all okay everyone? Busy with Christmas coming up? <3

@Silverofdreams30 Love the wintry scene there. <3
    Oh and the snow falling! :open_mouth::love:
    Sean's so excited to be talking to the baby through Luna's belly. :blush: I love that interaction. It's so cute! <3
    TY! :love: Ohhhh yes...we need more shower pics from you. :smirk:

@bekkasan
    Things are too strange and scary for that kind of caroling to happen now. :(
    ^Yuuuuup. Unfortunately so... :( Sometimes I really hate the world we live in now... :disappointed:
    Thanks. <3
    Yay for Rafe and Autumn's arrival! :smiley:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    edited December 2019
    @bekkasan

Thank you, sadly I think the snowflake day must be glitched in my game.
    Mila still went to school land I could not use a gift-giving party I think that day usually is
    on Thursdays and not Tuesday as my schema showed. I had a feast party
    instead of a gift-giving one so have to redo that.

@emorrill

Thank you, I love young adult ty so I won't age him up
    myself, the game has to do that lol, it's 68 days until that since I'm on epic.

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I have decided to finish off the second series and will soon be free to work on the third series :smile:

The third series will have similar themes but this time will be a wild 'working holiday' so expect more dramas :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I have started on some more Sims :smile:

This is Karen:

79818705_10156811258916497_5756866127951036416_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ohc=2i22YSEIvAQAQmsSM3osBuPtVOFpa11Fezip_egi3sGMG7U0M-lZId57A&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr4-2.fna&oh=a258ce35a2bcfcf3b2a739fcddbed566&oe=5E6F8593
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Its been so slow here lately, been waiting for stuff to comment on.
    edited December 2019
    Todays Conleys Christmas edition. sadly no snowflake update the day glitched,
    so will post that another day.

[img][/img]YeZITPQ.jpg

sims need their beauty sleep too.

[img][/img]4BgTQWq.jpg

Good morning

[img][/img]dlEzKCg.jpg

All dressed.

[img][/img]O8xw81l.jpg

[img][/img]1vofEu4.jpg

These two.

[img][/img]aJic4hM.jpg

[img][/img]ECDxTAV.jpg

[img][/img]XUHi0KU.jpg

Later baby Ashe was born.

Post edited by Silverofdreams30 on
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @emorrill: Sheesh, I can't type right now. I'm busy with getting ready for Christmas.

@Silverofdreams30: Aw. Ashe is adorable.

@bekkasan: Hello

@Turjan: Hello

@GraceyManor: Hello. I'm thinking of a little story for my gifts that you gave me for the gift exchange.

@Nikkei_Simmer: Hello

@lisasc360: Hello

@Karritz: Yay. I can't wait for another video.

@PalmArrow: Hello

@coco: Hello

@king_of_simcity7: Hello

@Steamvarius: Hello

@Mikezumi: Hello

@all: Thanks for letting me read/comment on your pictures/stories/videos.
    :) Smile!

edited December 2019
    Okay I got my computer straighten out as I was having issues with my video card which had died on me and I wasn't able to get into my computer for anything. So the hubby took his video card from his old PC and put it in my PC but I didn't like the way my computer look as background was in window screened mode, the Sims 3 and World of Warcraft wouldn't recognize the card but I was still able to get into TS3 but it lagged like heck. So we went out yesterday to get a new card that the hubby ended up not putting into my PC as he pulled out his video card that was in there and put it back in and now everything is back to where they should be meaning that my background on my PC is normal size, no lagging in my TS3 game and I am able to play WoW as well. He doesn't know why it started working properly but he thinks that he might not had it plugged in right or something like that, so now I'm a happy simmer once again.

So now I am able to take in-game screenshots of the ATS3 advent calendar again. I will be posting Friday's and Saturday's items as well as todays items in this thread just so everyone can see them in game... :)

Day 13 of the advent calendar consist of 2 different gift wrapped boxes - 1 cat and 1 dog which can be found in the Sculptures Tab and the pet bowl in the Pet Tab... :)
    wDC0RyAl.jpg

Day 14 of the advent calendar consist of a gift wrapped watch box which can be found in the Sculptures Tab, and open watch box and the flat watch which can be found in the Misc. Decorations Tab. And of course the wearable watches for either the left or the right arm in CAS... :)
    Dtg53Lol.jpg

And now Day 15 of the advent calendar consist of a gift wrapped box as well as the pastry box which both can be found in the Sculptures Tab and the pastry mixer of course will be in the Appliances Tab... :)
    wkMkH9ol.jpg

And now I am caught up on posting the in-game pictures of the items... :)

Waves at @Puddinroy... :)

@bekkasan,
    @lisasc360 Cute watches and package.
    Yes they are... :)

@meerkattime, Happy Birthday to you. Hope you have a nice day... :)
    Post edited by lisasc360 on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I miss how active the thread used to be.I checked in 3 times and there was nothing for me to leave feedback on :(
  • cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    @meerkattime Sorry I'm late but I hope you had a wonderful birthday! Thanks for being a good friend :smile::star:
    I hope this gif makes you smile as much as I did :lol:
    giphy.gif
    coco wrote: »
    @meerkattime Sorry I'm late but I hope you had a wonderful birthday! Thanks for being a good friend :smile::star:
    I hope this gif makes you smile as much as I did :lol:
    giphy.gif

@coco ^Holy good nelly that's disturbing! :astonished::scream:

:joy:
    @Puddinroy

Waves thank you

Yeah now its a silent thread, I know weekends always are silent but guess its cause holidays
    are getting closer and people are busy preparing for it.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    edited December 2019
    @king_of_simcity7 Cute picture of Karen.

@GraceyManor I posted a cute picture in my comments, you could comment on that! lol It has gotten very quiet on the sims 3 forums period and that is sad. :cry: I hope that those who are playing and lurking will come out and join us and spread the fun that is sims 3 warts and all.

@Silverofdreams30 I'm sorry snowflake day glitched! That is a bummer.
    Isla is so cute with her baby belly!
    love the morning kisses and the selfie pics.
    Baby is coming! Awww, love that name...Ashe!

@Puddinroy :::waves::: :smiley: Hope you are enjoying your game. Would love to see some pics.

@lisasc360 That was clever of your husband to try the card again before putting in the new one. Glad to hear it worked.
    I love that mixer, reminds me of one my Mom gave me years ago.

@coco :smirk: cute and scary birthday gff!

Gardenia and Victor arrive! I really do need to dress up the front of this building on the lot. It looks so plain with no plants or flowers. I was kinda waiting to start adding kid stuff though since they don't have a back yard, kid stuff is going to have to go in that area. I've got enough pics for an update, just need to write it up, but ran out of time.
    49222328861_29d1601b43_b.jpg
  • thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    edited December 2019
    exRjzXY.jpg

FOOD!!!!!!!!
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    @bekkasan I have had hardly any time to play during the last days. It doesn't help that the neighbor remodels his apartment, which doesn't make sitting at the computer very enjoyable. Anyway, I think the buttons are used as always, so I don't think people are really gone.

I could start the game for a short time yesterday night.

Darryl approves.

OdBYReW.jpg

edited December 2019
    @bekkasan
    I saw the photos and left likes for the post.
    Its a cute photo of them running.
    I haven't been posting my story either honestly, been just lurking.

A few people posted on my wall and I don't check that area, so I'm sorry if anyone's posted there.
    To answer the one post:

No, I don't have a blog or thread for Catarina.I'm actually done with Cat and Tom.
    All the posts are buried somewhere in this thread though.
    Post edited by GraceyManor on
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    I haven't been playing for a few days as I am feeling a bit under the weather as well as my laptop updating
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)

Day 16 of the advent calendar consist of 2 different color of cans which can be found in the Sculptures Tab and 1 bottle of men's and 1 bottle os women's perfume which can be found in the Misc. Decorations Tab... :)
    Ah3NJHfl.jpg

@bekkasan,
    @lisasc360 That was clever of your husband to try the card again before putting in the new one. Glad to hear it worked.
    I love that mixer, reminds me of one my Mom gave me years ago.
    Yeah it was since the one that we brought from the store would had been too big to go into my PC. So he's going to take that one back but I think that he might trade it in for the lesser priced one as I think that is what I will need providing that Best Buy has gotten their new shipment on as they didn't have the $96 card. And I say that because he also carried the old one with him when he left this morning as he knows that this card is old as well and that he might want to have the new one here for when this one does eventually go as well.

Yeah it reminds me of the Kitchen Aid ones that I see in the store. Sometimes I would love to have a mixer like that but then I really don't do a lot of baking and things that I need to use the mixer for... :)

I just want to say that the screenshots that I am taking of the advent calendar items is in a newly generated Sims 3 folder as I had named the previous folder as Old when I was having problems with my computers graphics card going crazy as I was thinking that I may had too much already in my game. So I had tried to uninstall some of the advent calendar items that I really don't need in my game thinking that I may not have any problems but I was wrong that as the card kept me from trying to start my computer up.
    This is the last week of posting for this story everyone. :blush: This Chapter was SO much fun to shoot! :mrgreen:Prepare for a massive photo dump! (Sorry...but not sorry. :p ) I'll put the biggest group of pics in a spoiler as a courtesy. :kissing_heart: Don't miss it!

Finally we start to see some Christmasy stuff in the story! ;)

It's too long so I've broken it up into two Parts You know what? Why don't I just make the story an even 10 Chapters? :blush: Yeah, that'll make things easier. Done!

Enjoy! <3

Chapter 8

The light rays coming from the two tall, curtain-less windows in the living room shone brightly on Maureen’s eyelids; trying to penetrate through them. With very little effort, they succeeded and her eyes slowly opened. For a moment she couldn’t remember where she was and blinked hard a couple of times to make sure she wasn’t still dreaming. Then feeling an arm that wasn’t hers draped around her waist caused her to jump up from the couch with a start. The scream instantly woke up Alan.

“What happened!?” Maureen cried out.

49226003463_c40a66c471_c.jpg

Alan carefully sat up and shielded himself with his hands as he answered, “Nothing. I swear! It was very cold last night and there was no more firewood. We needed our body heat to stay warm.”
    Her brow furrowed at him. “Why didn’t you just wake me up so that we could both go home?”
    “I tried, but you seriously wouldn’t budge! You were out cold!” He watched her scratch at her messy, slept on hair and thought she looked cute. “I guess you really were tired,” he said with a smirk.
    “What time is it?” she asked, starting to pace a little.
    “Seven forty-five,” he answered looking up from his watch.
    Maureen yelped for a second. “Oh my... I should gather up my things and go!”
    “What?” he asked, watching her quickly pick up her Grandmother's wooden box, but since the lock wasn’t properly secured on it, the lid gave way and all the contents fell out. “Oh shoot!” he heard her say as she squatted down, frantically trying to put everything back into it.

“What’s the rush?” he questionably asked, squatting down also to help her.
    “I don’t think my mom expected me to spend the night over here. Heck, I didn’t even plan on doing that.”

49226702057_898a9e01b6_c.jpg

She properly locked the box and then stood up.
    “Uh...aren’t you a little old to be answering to your mom?” he somewhat joked.
    Maureen shot him a look. “She feeds my cat for me whenever I’m gone. She’s thinking I’m home and I’m not and my poor Maya could be spending the morning without her breakfast!”
    “Just call her and let you know you stayed the night here.”
    “No,” she countered in a mysterious panic, “I just...need to go,” and she hurried herself towards the door.

“Hey,” Alan tenderly addressed, taking her hand and gently pulling her around to face him. “There’s really no rush,” he said, stepping forward and brushing the hair away from her face while tenderly kissing her lips. She returned the kiss, but only slightly.

49226003563_1ef93b93a3_c.jpg

He noticed and stared deeply into her eyes. “What’s wrong?”
    Maureen looked away for a moment and then answered, “I don’t know Alan I’m just...feeling a little uneasy.”
    His eyes narrowed a little. “Uneasy? Why?”
    “Look, last night was...great,” she admitted almost breathlessly. “It’s just...reality is starting to kick in and there’s still so much I don’t know about you...and we kinda got off to a bad start when we first met. We were sorta still there before the magic happened last night.” They both lightly chuckled at how true that was.

“I don’t know you,” she went on, “and I think that maybe...we shouldn’t kiss again until we get to know each other better.”

49226702157_44b5f63b19_c.jpg

Alan nodded. He was a little disappointed, but that was fair enough. Why did I think the perfect woman would be just as easy to snag as all the rest?

Neither of them had ever really considered a long term relationship - marriage, kids, growing old together - in their lives up until this point. But the fact is, they weren’t getting any younger and...something truly sparked between them last night and it didn’t just happen with the long kiss.

“I really had the best time with you last night,” Alan said with a grin.

49226476481_34b5bb37c2_c.jpg

“Yeah,” Maureen agreed, smiling in return. “Same with you.”
    “And I really want to get to know you better. Not just because of the fact that our Grandparents were lovers,” he said with a chuckle.
    Maureen’s chuckle revealed even more of that beautiful smile Alan always loved to see. “I wanna get to know you better too Alan,” she sincerely said. Then the corners of her lips turned down a bit. “But we live two hours away from each other. How are we going to do that with your job responsibilities and mine?”

49226003738_a511c31551_c.jpg

He squeezed her hands tighter as he stepped in closer to her. “We’ll make time,” he winked.
    She grinned brightly once again. The better half of him was coming out all over the place and now she really wanted to kiss him, but...she held back, blushing guiltily, as he stood completely still before her, respecting her wish.

49226702317_b418a8a97b_c.jpg

“Well, call your mom and let her know you’re still in the city,” he said, “because I’m going to take you out to breakfast. We’ve got the last two days of Thanksgiving weekend at our fingertips and I can’t think of anyone else I’d rather spend it with than you.”
    With the reddest of cheeks, Maureen’s grin stayed ever present as she swung their hands from side to side like a giddy schoolgirl.

49226003683_a61d2dff81_c.jpg

How could she not feel giddy when the most gorgeous man had actually taken a liking to her and kissed her, without doing much at all to impress him? “That sounds wonderful!” she said, “Just allow me to go to the restroom and freshen up a bit.”
    “Certainly.”

When Maureen finished up in the bathroom, she called her mom while still in it. She gave her the watered down version of all that happened yesterday - promising to tell her all about Grandma and Stanley’s story later - and how she'd been too tired to return home. That was mostly the truth. Then she went on to say that Alan was taking her out to breakfast and that he’d probably show her around the city for the next two days.

“Oh my goodness…” her mother said in a tone of joyous surprise this time. “Are you actually going on a date with Grandma’s old lover’s Grandson?”
    Maureen blushed. “Yes mom…”
    “Well this is an interesting turn of events, isn't it?”
    She could almost hear the smirk on her mother’s face and didn’t wish to indulge her with any more details. “I’ll see you when I see you mom,” she concluded. “Thanks again for taking care of Maya. Bye!”
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

During the next three weeks into the Holiday season, Alan and Maureen were blissfully twitterpated and spent every spare moment they could together. Most of that time was spent on the weekends, obviously, where either she’d go and visit him or he would come down to visit her.

When the Winter Festival opened up in Evansville on December 1st, Maureen told Alan it was a family tradition to attend - minus her family though so they could be alone together - so he agreed to meet her there and experience all those festivities for the first time. It was honestly the best all day date he’d ever been on in his life! There were so many fun, wintry things to do which seemed much more enjoyable in a small town than in the city.
    49226474841_3f894ee0ce_c.jpg

49226474876_b13ccc8c4c_c.jpg

49226476616_75c7ee59b2_c.jpg

49226001708_b6d933b22b_c.jpg

49226745352_e5689b69f6_c.jpg

49226047188_bef9fde143_c.jpg

49226519966_788eda5c77_c.jpg

49226047123_147ef4a36f_c.jpg

49226474911_49229a89a4_c.jpg

49226474971_96a9db4b5c_c.jpg

49226700467_86364a02c5_c.jpg

49226700492_7c72433482_c.jpg

49226700557_360607fdbd_c.jpg

49226475056_c5b6dcbbd1_c.jpg

49226001953_04f9a7d257_c.jpg

49226475156_620c867cf2_c.jpg

Even the spirit of Christmas seemed to shine brighter among the locals especially through their sincere kindness towards visitors. Alan felt right at home. And Maureen liked that she finally had a man to go to the Festival with and not just by herself or with a family member.

49226002093_5270695a16_c.jpg

49226002198_eb7af589f6_c.jpg

49226002343_14ed7cc2d0_c.jpg

49226475361_25a3a531f1_c.jpg

49226475521_daae1e1df2_c.jpg

49226002388_798cd4e4d4_c.jpg

No matter how cold it got, the two always had each other to keep warm. That and steaming hot chocolate.

49226701097_d4586c67b1_c.jpg

49226002543_6eac9c0681_c.jpg

49226002603_5b2bac1086_c.jpg

49226701277_bc7257a28d_c.jpg

The weekend following Alan invited Maureen over to the city to go ice skating on the grand pond located in the middle of the metropolis.

49226002688_6a3da1bfb4_c.jpg

49226002798_c431c34688_c.jpg

The large, gently falling snowflakes provided a gorgeous and serene backdrop especially when they’d twirl on the ice together, hand in hand. The experience felt all the more magical with all the Christmas lights on the trees surrounding the pond. Their hundreds of lights reflected off the glass skyscrapers and Maureen had never really seen Christmas light beauty quite like it. She instantly loved it.

49226701482_238ac27284_c.jpg

49226002878_0ce8f66045_c.jpg

49226003868_33ee55bfd7_c.jpg

The evenings were almost always spent at a nice restaurant.

49226003068_5a5bd710c4_c.jpg

49226701692_a1f9073678_c.jpg

In other moments they had together they built a snowman, tried to catch snowflakes on their tongue, roasted marshmallows by the toasty outdoor fire, and laughed and cuddled on the couch at Alan’s pad while watching the newest Hallmark Christmas movie.

49226001583_44d7f25251_c.jpg

49226476346_af38fa1f32_c.jpg

49226003238_b62635d150_c.jpg

49226476196_94261f421f_c.jpg

49226474616_43ba8b3221_c.jpg

49226699947_e1f1a273ac_c.jpg

49226701917_45fed88e23_c.jpg

49226700127_442ac9ba08_c.jpg

49226474576_0549138ee1_c.jpg

49226474511_fe81645209_c.jpg

And each time they parted, it was with a long, amorous hug as Maureen wasn’t quite ready to give her kisses away to him. It was building up though.

49226701062_4fb3fb164d_c.jpg

49226699857_2908a34981_c.jpg

During the weekdays of their courtship, when they’d be apart, Alan had flowers sent to Maureen while she was at work. He did that a couple of times, which would cause instant teasing from her coworkers. In return, Maureen sent him a bottle of fine wine and a box of chocolate dipped strawberries. They were personally delivered by his secretary Amber, much to her displeasure. On the evenings of the weekdays they would chat for at least an hour on the phone about anything and everything.

49226047058_fe1f4ec453_z.jpg

It was now December 22nd and Maureen was officially off from work for the Christmas holiday, so naturally she hurried on over to Brighton to see her man. Maya was beginning to feel a little left out, again, so Maureen always made sure to give her extra hugs and kisses before departing.

Alan would still be working until the following evening (the 23rd), so when Maureen surprised him during his lunch break, he thought she could share lunch with him on the roof of the tall office building. If it hadn’t been a mostly sunny winter day, he wouldn’t have suggested it, but he convinced her, over her nervousness, that it would be an experience to remember. She trusted him and he energetically took her hand and led her through the elevator to the top floor and up the last bit of stairs that led to the roof. Being CEO, there was no place he couldn’t go in this building.

When the two stepped out onto the roof, Maureen instantly gasped at the skyline. “Wow!” she breathed, coming as close to the edge as she felt comfortable. “What a view! Oh it feels like we’re in Heaven!”

49226702557_d52fed0dc6_c.jpg

“Well it sure feels like Heaven now with you here,” Alan said, coming up behind her and wrapping his arms around her waist.

49226004038_da9eeab953_c.jpg

He began to nuzzle his nose into the nape of her neck, digging through her hair, and she giggled a little bit at the sensation.

49226474316_476f0175b8_c.jpg

She then arched her head up towards the sky. “Wow it’s almost like I can touch the sky up here too!”
    Alan glanced up as well. “Oh you want to touch the sky?” he asked. “I think I can help with that.”

Maureen gave him an inquisitive look as he pulled her toward the center of the roof...

49226003893_43fefc2309_c.jpg

...and then lifted her up by her waist into the air which made her squeal a bit at the onset. “Now you’re the highest, most beautiful, object in the entire city,” he said. “You’re truly touching the sky.”

49226702437_69a830b021_c.jpg

Maureen held up her hand to pretend to “touch the sky...”

49226702472_d1053bafc7_c.jpg

...and then giggled as she arched her back a little with her arms stretched out wide. Alan twirled her for an added effect. She closed her eyes and soon her body began to feel weightless, like she was flying.

Then Alan started spinning her faster and faster and she started to get nervous. And dizzy. “Put me down,” she ordered him through a laugh, but he still kept on spinning. “ALAN!” It was the cutest little cry to his ears.
    “Oh alright,” he said with a chuckle, lowering her down close to where they stood face to face. They held each other ever so tightly and gazed deeply into each other’s eyes; their hearts pounding with desire once again.

49226001273_6db50c5b80_c.jpg

It was the perfect moment. Alan brushed Maureen’s hair gently behind her ear and left his hand at the nape of her neck so as to bring her in close for a kiss. There was a slight pause as he asked her permission with his eyes. Her eyes responded with a “Yes,” and he leaned right in, giving her the most passionate, most sincere, and most loving kiss he’d given since that magical night with her on his Grandpa’s old sofa.

49226702522_4b0c359004_c.jpg

49226476791_ff96aefbc8_c.jpg

The two stayed lost in the kiss, on top of the world, until Alan’s phone rang and it was his Receptionist asking where he’d gone to.

49226476856_867170bccf_c.jpg

After coming up with a little white lie, while trying to speak professionally, the call ended and the couple just stared at each other for a second and burst out laughing!

They left the roof down towards the office in the same way they did heading up towards it, holding hands and frolicking like two school crushes in the schoolyard.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Author's Note: I must admit that during that picture montage throughout the second half of this chapter I had the very fitting song, "Just What I Needed," playing in my head. :blush: While it is not a Christmas song, if this story had been made into a movie, I would've very much wanted that song to be played during the montage of everything the happy couple was doing together. :mrgreen:
    Then the end of the song (where the synthesizer comes in) would be where Alan is twirling Maureen on the roof and lowers her down right at the very end of the song...and kisses her. <3

My imagination ladies and gentlemen. :smirk::lol:

Using this song is also a tribute I wish to give to the great Ric Ocasek (The Cars lead singer) who passed away just a month before I wrote this story. God rest your soul Ric and thank you for sharing your talent and creating a band that has provided such awesome and catchy music for our enjoyment over the last 3 1/2 decades. :star:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naOzftxOKig
    Yay, I see people on here XD

@Silverofdreams30
    Very pretty winter photos.
    I especially love the house covered in snow.
    Ok,I see a mr.cute sim in the bath XD
    Looks like she's almost ready to give birth..Wonder if its twins, she looks plump XD
    I like back that prior sentence, congrats to the baby boy.

@thesimmer14
    I love the cat.She/he is so pretty! love
    the colors.

@emorrill
    I was all like "Girl, don't start pulling a stunt my girls do."
    The walk among the christmas trees all lit up is beautiful!
    My fiance doesn't like going for strolls.. :| He needs to see
    your photos.Glad to see you got the coffee mugs to work
    for you.I remember they were difficult to find.
    It was an overall beautiful chapter! Loved it.
    Time for the final update with Tom and Catarina...

Screenshot-7.jpg
    "Hi, I see you have Meriam Webster's Diary...Tom's mother right? She was a great writer." The lady shook Catarina's hand.
    "Oh you know Tom?" "Won't ever be anyone like him.We all hoped he'd be mayor." "Oh, did he move?" The lady looked down
    and shook her head."No...never made it past Christmas.He was going to be something though, smart as whip and very kind."

Screenshot-9.jpg
    Catarina looked at the photos closely, it was indeed Tom."Killed out on route 9 winter of 1955." the lady
    said pointing to the photo."He was an angel.You would have liked him Miss, everyone loved him."
    Catarina was speechless....

Screenshot-11.jpg
    Catarina had to see for herself.She drove out to route 9 and parked along
    the road, and walked the lonely path along the old decrepit train tracks.The
    evening seemed usually cold, she could see her breath as she sighed heavily.

Screenshot-12.jpg
    Just over the small hill, laid an old truck, that had seen better days.
    It was just as the lady had said.This vehicle had sat here for so many years,
    she was convinced.

Screenshot-13.jpg
    Strong as she may be, Catarina couldn't fight the tears.Her cheeks
    were flooded with her sadness, and heartache.She cried until she
    her eyes ran dry..

Screenshot-14.jpg
    She felt someone behind her, someone familiar....

Screenshot-15.jpg
    She turned to face Tom.Both stood in silence, watching either carefully.
    He did his best to comfort her.She broke a smile softly.

Screenshot-16.jpg
    He took her wrist gently, and slipped a small velvet bracelet on.
    Something she could keep close to her.

Screenshot-17.jpg
    Tom smiled and gazed at her one last time."Good bye Catarina."
    She wiped her eyes softly."Good bye Tom.."

Screenshot-18.jpg
    He turned and made his way over the horizon.

Screenshot-19.jpg
    She watched until he vanished into the snowfall...."Merry Christmas.."
    She whispered, as she turned and walked home by herself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5anLPw0Efmo

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top