Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

Midnight Hollow, The Ballan Family
    Adam's Quest

Back in Moonlight Falls, Flora and Bryce Torra share a private moment as they wait for their friends and family to arrive for an impromptu goodbye party. Alice, Adam and their friends will be moving on to Dragon Valley to search for the Willowisp family there.
    48764401436_4a22a56eea_b.jpg

Flora and Bryce's new home is conveniently located just a few lots away from her son's home so she can still pop in and visit with the grandchildren. The group laughs and chats while waiting for Pip to get off work. Dahlia arrives, leaving the kids with a sitter at home. Flora is a bit disappointed, but understands sometimes Moms need a break from the kids.
    48764073033_8650e99bd4_b.jpg
    48764073513_2cf85a74f7_b.jpg
    48764587167_bd75f80fee_b.jpg

At last, Pip arrives and Alice and Adam give Flora and Bryce each a gift box. "You can use these or pass them on if you choose. It is up to you to decide."
    48764072943_e2d6d87b66_b.jpg
    48764072733_24c5679c91_b.jpg
    48764586442_1aae6c99f3_b.jpg

Flora and Bryce talk it over and decide that they have both been given a new chance together in life and they want to live it fully with each other. They toss the potions at their feet. They are both engulfed in a warm blue glow and begin to feel a rejuvenation and energy in their bodies.
    48764400421_27eff65905_b.jpg
    48764400271_8de1897ecb_b.jpg
    48764586097_fcddd2cbe8_b.jpg

Bryce is transformed first and he becomes the handsome dashing adult that he once was. Flora is next and she is certainly happy to return to her beautiful and sassy self.
    48764399961_48fb0c809a_b.jpg
    48764399621_de92be91d7_b.jpg

Adam and his friends have gone home to finish packing and preparing to travel to Dragon Valley. Flora and Bryce enjoy a romantic moment before retiring for the evening. May they live happily ever after.
    48775681757_a9de02c46f_b.jpg
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited September 2019
    Updated background info on Oscar's Childhood video.

I've now moved Oscar and a few of his buddies from the boarding school in Chocolate Cake Island to the new boarding school in Moonfall Island.

I've not spent much time playing in this boarding school and it isn't completely finished. I hope I don't introduce lag as I add to it. I suspect I will though. It is currently totally lag free.

Moonfall Island Boarding School

Moonfall-Island-Boarding-School001.jpg

Yes - it's built into a slope.

I'll put the rest in a spoiler as there are a lot of pictures.
    If you're watching my videos on Oscar's Childhood while he's been at the boarding school in Chocolate Cake Island, you will have noticed the videos only included sims living at the boarding school. That was because that world didn't have other sims living in it other than a few role sims the game had generated and the sims living at the boarding school didn't interact with them.

If you watch the Moonfall Island version of this video series you will notice a difference. There are a lot of sims living in the world. Many of them are homeless or role sims the game has introduced. A lot more of these than are in Chocolate Cake Island. Plus there are a lot of my sims that I've added to the world. This post is meant to give you an introduction to the sims living at the boarding school. I'll add some information on other sims living elsewhere in the world later on - maybe. There are a lot of them.

I left a few sims back at the boarding school in Chocolate Cake Island. I will work on including them in the game in future but for now I will leave them alone in that world. While they are there they won't age so they'll still be playable whenever I decide to go get them.

The sims I left behind are Mena and the Winterbottom family - Carlie, Bruce and their son Francesco.

I wasn't sure of how many sims I would find already living in the boarding school at Moonfall Island and I didn't want to overcrowd it. As it turned out, there were more sims already living at the new boarding school than I had anticipated. It surprised me there was no lag - but this build is new and it has no garden at all and very few contents other than things the sims will need to do their essential activities. As I move sims out of this building, I will move others in and that might include the sims I left behind in Chocolate Cake Island.

Here are the current residents of the boarding school in Moonfall Island. They will be the stars of the next few episodes of Oscar's Childhood.

I will list them in order of age...

Gaylord Koffi

Gaylord-Koffi001.jpg

Adult

Father of Gobias Koffi.

The reason Gaylord is here is Gobias's ghost has vanished from my game. I'm contemplating ways of getting him back. The only one I can think of right now is to add his tombstone to one of the worlds in the game again. That's how I got Gobias and Gaylord into the game originally. I had them haunting the boarding school in Cake Island.

The reason I needed Gobias's ghost was several of his children had dropped him from their family tree and as a result they were no longer related to each other. So I sent a sim to Sunset Valley and he picked up their tombstones and returned to Cake Island with them. Then I used Master Controller to add Gobias to the family trees from which he was missing. All was good until Gobias went missing. He's still in the family trees, but only as a white square. I was not controlling Gobias or Gaylord at the time. Since Gobias had vanished on me, I grabbed Gaylord and eventually got him to eat ambrosia. While he is in the family trees, Gobias will probably stay there even if he is only a blank white square.

Gaylord wants to be a hit movie composer and he's currently a Fan, level 1 of the music career. I suppose I ought to leave him in it for now.

Just in case you haven't noticed, sometimes, when you first start a new game in Sunset Valley you get a message about it being a shame Gaylord Koffi had died from starvation. Something about it being so sad a sim had died just for the lack of a sandwich. If you go into the graveyard in Sunset Valley you'll find Gaylord's tombstone. It's a tall tombstone in that graveyard.

Erica Wolff

Erica-Wolff001.jpg

Young Adult but she's the eldest Young Adult in the lot. She came from Moonlight Falls originally, but was at the Chocolate Cake Island boarding school with her children Wilhemina and Gator.

She wants to become a professional athlete and get to level 9 of that career. I'll probably move her to that career once she gets her gardening, fishing and cooking skills up to where I want them to be.

They will all be returning to their original home in Moonlight Falls eventually. They need to learn a few things first though.

Erica has been placed her into the culinary career by the game - this seems to have happened when she landed in this world. Probably there is no garden around for her to use to continue with the gardening career I think I already had her in to keep her around the house during the days. She's level 1 in the culinary career. I'll probably get her into a different career that'll keep her at home. I suspect I'll add a small garden somewhere on the boarding school lot so they can all learn their gardening skill. I hope that doesn't introduce lag. Only time will tell.

Isabel Howe
    Isabel-Howe001.jpg

Isabel-Howe002.jpg

Isabel is an old sim I made years ago and grabbed from my library. I gave her a makeover. She was probably originally made to be a member of a household of 8 young adults. This version of Isabel hasn't been previously played so she hasn't got much in the way of skills. That's probably the reason she's at the boarding school. Currently her only skill is at level 1 - it is writing. Her LTW is Master Magician so I'll probably put her in the magician career fairly soon.

Many of the sims who were already at this new boarding school are in the fortune telling career. Isabel is in that career - at level 1.

The 🐸🐸🐸🐸 caravan, vault of antiquity and arboretum are in a park very close to the boarding school.
    Supernatural-Park001.jpg

It is so close to the boarding school the sims could walk there easily. But the carpool arrives for them each day and they have to run farther to get into the car than they'd have to run to get to the park to go to work. It can be entertaining to watch the antics of getting to and from work each day, but I think I'll move most of them to a different career.

Coral Carpenter
    Coral-Carpenter002.jpg

Coral-Carpenter001.jpg

Coral is a new sim I made last year. She has been played a bit in another game before moving her here. She does have quite a few skills already.

She wants to be a Seasoned Traveler. I don't think I'll be taking her on any vacations in the foreseeable future.

Kaylie Flower
    Kaylee-Flower001.jpg

Kaylie Flower is a fairy. She was made at the same time I made Coral Carpenter. I was having fun making a few sims at that time and they were all different. Except for Kaylie. She is a clone, a made over version, of Paula Flower who is a fairy I made a few years ago.

Kaylie likes to sleep in the fairy house which has been placed indoors for her comfort.

Kaylee-Flower002.jpg

Kaylie's LTW is Magic Makeover. She's a Horoscope Reader currently.

Kaylie has only one skill - she's level 1 with the guitar.

Elouise Britton

Elouise-Britton002.jpg

Her LTW is Perfect Student.

She is level 1 in Logic and has no other skills. Her current job is Kitchen Scullion.

Eloise has a special relationship with Oscar. She's the mysterious sim who turned up to rescue Oscar and deliver him to the boarding school in Chocolate Cake Island. She is also the mysterious sim who was occupying the house that ought to have been empty when Mena arrived in Lucky Palms with Kathleen and Allyson.

Elouise is meant to be in the boarding school in Moonfall Island so she has now come home. Last time she was living here she was in the Horoscope Reader job. Obviously the game decided to move her to a new job. She's been around a bit since she was last in her home world and probably there was no 🐸🐸🐸🐸 caravan for her to continue with her original career in one of more of the worlds she's been in since she left on her mission to rescue Oscar.

Elouise-Britton.jpg

Elouise-Britton003.jpg

Elouise-And-Kaylee001.jpg

Harvey Miller

Harvey is a new sim. Made at the same time as Coral and Kaylee. A few other sims I made at this time are living in various houses around Moonfall Island.

Harvey-Miller001.jpg

Harvey was having a very animated conversation when I got that shot and it was the 'best' of a bad lot as he was pulling a lot of faces at the time.

Harvey's LTW is Celebrity Psychic. Maybe I'll leave him in the Horoscope Career.

His only skill is Writing and is at level 3.

All of the above sims, except for Gaylord Koffi, are young adults. Harvey being the youngest.

Now we move on to the teens.

Bailey Swain

A townie from Moonlight Falls.

I moved her to this boarding school due to lag in Chocolate Cake Island. I did this ages ago, long before I got the idea of sending Oscar to a boarding school anywhere so she's been here, forgotten by me, for a very long time. Fortunately she's just as young as the day I left her here.
    Bailey-Swain-Whilemina-Wolff001.jpg

Bailey-Swain.jpg

Bailey seems to have done most of the skilling I'd want her to do. I'll keep her around for a while to be sure and then send her home. She might wait for the Wolffs to be ready to go home so I can send them all home together and pick up the remainder of the sims from Chocolate Cake Island on the way back to Moonfall Island.

Eric Koffi

I think anyone who has been watching the videos will know all about Eric so I won't say much here.

Eric-Koffi002.jpg

He's a teen, will be Oscar's best buddy for a long time and lives permanently in my boarding schools due to parental neglect. His little sister is with him.

Eric's LTW is Illustrious Author. He has almost completed this with just a little way to go with his writing skill to complete his LTW of getting to level 10 in both painting and writing.

Eric was an A Grade at school but the move to Moonfall Island made the game reset him, and all the other children and teens, to Grade of C.

Now for the children.

Whilemina Wolff

Whilemina-Wolff001.jpg

Whilemina is about to age up to teen so she's going to have to concentrate at school to get back up to Grade A in order for me to be able to choose her new trait.

She is from Moonlight Falls and is the daughter of Erica.

Her LTW is Master Magician.

Jeanette Bright

Jeanette-Bright001.jpg

I picked up Jeanette from the Inkbeard family in Barnacle Bay. She didn't seem to belong there. She isn't in the Sims Wiki (or I couldn't find any reference to her). She was a toddler when I got her and when she was ready to go home as a child I decided to keep her in the boarding school. She got moved to Moonfall Island boarding school ages ago as I needed space in Chocolate Cake Island Boarding School and I had nowhere else to send her. She's seems to be just a stray, apparently unattached child the game created in Barnacle Bay.

Oscar Jacobsen

The star of the Oscar's Childhood series of videos.

Oscar-Jacobsen001.jpg

His story is long and involved - he has no Lifetime Wish at the moment. Briefly, he is an orphan and thinks his entire family was killed in a meteor strike caused by an evil alien his family had taken in and given a home to.

Petal Jayne
    Petal-Jayne003.jpg

Petal-Jayne001.jpg

Petal-Jayne002.jpg

Petal is a plant sim. She was picked in game by Olivia, the founder of my Perfect Genetics series of videos.

The Petal in the Moonfall Island boarding school is a copy of the original Petal who is still living happily in her original family.

I wanted her to be in my Colourful Mermaids household and videos. So I took a copy of her. I've since broken up that household and moved Petal to this boarding school. I might eventually move her back in with someone else from that Mermaid household. Several of them are living in Moonfall Island.

When Petal aged up she had a very unfortunate look around her eyes. She got a bit of plastic surgery from me to fix the unsightly problem. I was worried when she aged up to child in the Perfect Genetics series I'd have a similar problem. Fortunately she didn't have that issue there so that version of Petal as the game made her.

Susanne Koffi

Susanne is Eric's little sister. Her parents are Percy Koffi and Lorna McCann who are very happily married and living in Lucky Palms. They have absolutely no time for their babies/children as they just want to be with each other.

Susanne, Eric and their father, Percy, are all witches.

Susanna-Koffi001.jpg

Susanne recently aged up from toddler while at the boarding school in Chocolate Cake Island. She will stay at the boarding schools until she is old enough to fend for herself - unless Eric decides to take her adventuring with himself and Oscar later on.

Gator Wolff

Gator is the son of Erica and little brother of Wilhemina

Gator-Wolff001.jpg

Gator recently aged up to child at the boarding school in Chocolate Cake Island.

Erica, Wilhemina and Gator are all werewolves.

A few more random pictures taken in and around the new boarding school.
    Screenshot-254.jpg

Coral-Carpenter-Petal-Jayne-Whilemina-Wolff001.jpg
    Coral, Petal, and Wilhemia.

Elouise-Coral-Susanna-Harvey-Isabel001.jpg
    Elouise, Coral, Susanne, Harvey and Isabel

Homework-Desks001.jpg
    The are designed for them to do their homework - I suspect they'll always do their homework elsewhere.

Isabel-Howe-And-Kaylee-Flower001.jpg
    Isabel and Kaylee having a chat just outside the ground level of the boarding school building.

Petal-Jayne-Whilemina-Wolff001.jpg
    Petal and Wilhemina

Skilling-Area001.jpg
    Some skilling objects found on the ground level of the boarding school.

Toddler-Area002.jpg
    Where the toddlers will one day play

TVAnd-Reading-Alcove001.jpg
    A TV and reading alcove. Maybe I'll move the TV to some place else to make it more convenient for them to watch it.

Whilemena-Wolff-Petal-Jayne001.jpg
    Wilhemina and Petal.

I'll post more info on the other sims I have placed in Moonfall Island later on.

You will already know a few of them from earlier videos. There are several from the colourful mermaids household, including the only three toddlers in the world - Mary Azul and Sandy Seaworth who are mermaids, and Gavyn Flower who is a fairy. They are clones of Mia Azul, Salty Seaworth and George Flower.

That's it for now.

Happy Simming all.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member

The Dexters
    MZISoAI.jpg
    Now Arty and Katie were planning on a big wedding, but due to the passing of his parents they decided on a private wedding.

They had planned on a honeymoon in China as they both liked Karate, but was out of the question after they phone call from his fathers lawyer concerning the will. As it turned out his father owned a large amount of taxes and the house was being sold. They had a week to move. Arty and Katie did not know what they would do. The lawyer proceeded to tell them that Arty has a deed to a farm. The farm was far away in a small town called Mercury Island. Katie was not sure, they knew nothing about farming, but Arty convinced her that they could learn and it would be a new change for them as there was to many memories here. The Lawyer continued to say that there was just about enough money left to get them to the farm. so off them went.

rUqjTTe.jpg
    The farm was nothing like the expected. Arty said it was a backyard farm, but that they could make a bigger farm in the future, it was just right for a start. The house wasn't much either, but it would do for now.
    tP0sVnA.jpg
    They decided to make the best of it and Arty said he could paint and sell his painting, Katie said she would write a book on the life on the Farm. they both laughed.
    D2Ujdlf.jpg
    Katie made friends with the cow and thought perhaps it would be fun after all.
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    @AlexaKry I was disappointed to read that you're still unhappy with him. I actually intended the sim to be a mix of the actor and character, since there are a lot more high definition photos of Alex. That's why he's not as pale as he is on the show. It is impossible to get him to look exactly the same as real life. Admittedly I focused mostly on his nose, lips and eyes this time but I don't believe his jaw can be replicated as not every part of it can be tweaked with sliders, at least not the sliders I have. But maybe I'm wrong and I will come back in a month with more pictures. At this point I think he's beautiful and the best Alex/Eric out there, which I guess is all that matters in the end :smile:
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @coco You did a brilliant job given the tools you have. I know there are some who make almost photo realistic sims but it's definitely not just with what EA or the many slider makers shared. Besides, I know I wouldn't want a sim who looked human because that would be too freaky for me!
  • Options
    AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    @coco : you are quite right! He is the best Alex/Eric I´ve ever seen!
    I´m so sorry, that you are disappointed about my answer!!! I tried to express that I normally wouldn´t criticise anybody´s Sims ever! But you asked for my thoughts. Again, I´m sorry that you´re disappointed!
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    @mikezumi Thanks a lot :heart: Human looking sims would have terrible looking children because of the extreme slider positions :lol:
    @AlexaKry Don't worry about it, I asked for your opinion so it's okay. I want to make him even better next time :smile:
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @coco
    I think you make beautiful sims, much better than what I could do.Its hard to be precise without sliders.
  • Options
    @GraceyManor Thanks that's kind of you to say. You make beautiful sims too :smiley:
  • Options
    pg. 3678
    @GraceyManor How did you go setting up the castes? It's a little confusing to understand at first and I'm no expert lol.
    Becky is a dead ringer for Darren! I think both of them really deserve a night out with no work emergencies or toddler to look after. I hate that stir crazy moodlet. That's a nice romantic gesture to spend the night at a hotel. Who cares about Schwarze :lol:
    Congrats on the second pregnancy. That fire looks very serious. It must have taken a while for Darren to get it under control. I think any sim that wears black gloves looks suspiciously evil :lol:
    So this is Veronica, she's cute in her pink clothes. I have a feeling that it won't take long for Veronica to find out who Darren really is. Lol him thinking that Schwarze is dating Veronica made me laugh.
    @ddsims3world I really like how you designed the architecture and filled up every inch of the lot. The backyard area looks like a great spot for parties :smile:
    @deadhaus123 That's such a spectacular spot for a house. I would love to live there never mind a sim :lol: The large windows would have such a nice view. Please keep posting more pictures of it :smiley:
    @bekkasan Thank you! :heart: I was umming and ahhing about whether the pinky finger would be too noticeable but I decided to fix it anyway or else it would bother me. His hand still looks a bit strange if you stare at it for too long though :lol:
    If I saw a floating urn next to a dead skeleton I would be running out that tomb so fast! At least the gang is much braver than I would be. All the aura colours are so pretty. I wonder who that pesky spirit was, probably just someone playing a joke. I'm glad the ritual was a success. Ooh Bryce is very charming! Flora is a lucky lady. It's a good thing they had all the ingredients to make another batch of Ambrosia. Yay he's fully alive again. I like how you added grey tips to his brown hair. They are such a sweet couple considering they went almost their whole life without meeting. I think it best the others leave them some privacy :lol:
    @Silverofdreams30 Thanks a lot, I'm glad you like him :heart:
    I understand how Teresa feels, I am not a fan of spicy things either. Sims have so many funny reactions when watching tv. Funny picture of Gavin falling on the treadmill. He's very nice to look at :love:
    @king_of_simcity7 No cooking skills? What are they teaching her at the skills centre then :tongue: Wait what is Laurence doing around Tammy again?
    Gorgeous pictures of the sunrise :smile:
    @karritz I had not heard of that new Youtube rule before. It's very unreasonable for them to class any video with bright colours as something for children. I really hope it doesn't affect your videos and the ability for people to comment on them.
    @AbellaKellaher Naming something indestructible is like jinxing it for bad luck :lol: You are so good at decorating and building! I would never have thought about changing the colours of lights on exterior walls but for a resort it just really works. The palm trees look so beautiful too. So is Karlie the manager of the resort? She did a really nice job on the pool. I always find it hard to make good looking pools. The interior looks every bit luxurious as the outside. I love that you added a gaming area, they are sure to make a lot of money there. You are very good at selling this resort to me, where do I sign up haha :lol: I always love complimentary chocolates in a hotel. Wow there's just more and more. I love all the canopies for sims to relax under. Ooh I love the purple and brown theme of Gator Joe's. Who exercises when they're on holiday, certainly not me! :lol: Great job it all looks fantastic and well thought out :smiley:
    These AI sprites are just the cutest little things ever! Omg it's a rainbow unicorn AI help I'm in love, it looks so happy. As cute as they are I wonder what their purpose is, why they were sent and why they have been waiting for so long :fearful:
    @Brandontaylor Thanks for the compliment on the Lego. I'm only good at following instructions, I wouldn't have the imagination to build things from scratch. Seeing things like that always amazes me :smile:
  • Options
    pg. 3679
    @bekkasan I grew a bit too attached to Flora and Bryce's story and now I'm expected to say goodbye?! :lol: I'm very happy that it all ended okay, I'm sure Pip will be delighted to have his mother back for good. The house is amazing! Did you build it? What was in the boxes that Alice and Adam gave to Flora and Bryce? Ah I see. Bryce is one cute looking guy. Wow Flora look amazing too! Aw this was so sweet, I hope they get their happy ever after too :heart:
    @karritz I hope the new world stays lag free. It would probably benefit you not to have as large a garden as the other world. I hope you can find Gobias's tombstone again. In the past I have had sims disappear from the family tree. I was able to return two deceased generation three sims back by finding them as out-of-towners years ago. But some of them are gone for good now and I've even forgotten their names. I liked seeing all of your new sims. Eloise is pretty :smile:
    @Evalen Katie looks lovely in her pink dress. Congratulations to them and I hope they have a happy life together. It's a sad turn of events what happened to the parents and the will. The farm is rustic but still looks like a nice enough place to live. I like the long tufts of grass and mud :smile:
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    @coco thanks. The 'new rule' from YouTube isn't in place yet. Even YouTube doesn't know exactly what they are going to do. But we've been given until January to prepare for it. Some people, who have full blown businesses with employees and dependent on their videos for their income are likely to end up much worse off so YouTube has to be careful about how they handle it. A lot of jobs could be lost over this. It's all about the recent court case where they were find over $US100 million for collecting data on child viewers. They have to find a way to make sure they are not collecting data on any videos that might be viewed by children and they have to work out a way of identifying those videos. And they can't have comments on children's videos either. So a lot of channels are worried. All I'll lose will be the ability to have comments. So few people watch my videos anyway that I don't think it will matter much in any case. But the other thing I think will stop is notifications to subscribers when I load a video that they deem is a video for children. Plus, anyone loading a video for children that YouTube collects data on can be sued personally as well as YouTube. It's a US government thing to do with legislation to protect children. I don't do videos meant for children. I think if any of my videos end up on YouTube kids and parents watched them there'd be complaints as they are not children's videos.

I'm going to have to exercise great restraint in setting up my new garden. I think I'll put it inside the boarding school building and have just 3 or 4 soil rugs. I'm looking forward to playing with the new sims. And with them all interacting with the other sims in town.

Today I'm not doing much with videos or Sims. I just did that last post and have not been at the computer again until now and after I finish this post I'll probably turn the computer off again for the day. I have to go to costume fitting for the play tonight. And I'm tired. And I don't want to make any videos or even play the game today. I'm a bit burned out. Also I have songs to learn. There is only one more week when we will be allowed to use scripts during rehearsals. so I've got a lot of work to do at home to get to that point. I'm almost there as I don't have much to do but what I do have to do requires me to learn songs - words plus music. Most of the others have lines to learn too plus a lot more music.

I think I better end on that note. :)

Happy Simming
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Lots of game play updates to come today :smile:

Simon prepares food

70796197_10156596610726497_7020287576191795200_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_oc=AQlGEJEpanHk2QO9HeMW2Ui4BxIJXof1cv1cnXsLk3NcmuKLUCHowhTa0yZ5oXVkhIUt40icphe05eh1VHoHV3R5&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=d35a301c87c52eda18845b4157019112&oe=5E381A8A

He does not burn anything luckily

70640309_10156596610736497_3104073263974711296_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQnVMvL0tPW4-BH34u3SG7FlAhR3d5bdnnTj65hYA7kUGVABPF_aD8QRz15Cmn6v8J6Rd2kilCgZjwJRtLtbEYJ5&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=c8035f02be6e5b6d6b98e5628993bb4c&oe=5DF44BAE

Hana comes over to visit

71670519_10156596610771497_1808312833708916736_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQmCcui6d0TJjX8-hSeZAziPgaJfsU0jpDwlvSz3aEHmakXb4T89RlIew-bR9HSiBO1t9WNfap42ovQtjyRSyTJ0&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=e861eaaf015d0c7f1c17630cf1493df2&oe=5E3B8ABE

She reads while Stacy uses the laptop

71151121_10156596611516497_4869861068140183552_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_oc=AQn-qvYjeOiqxY7B9gA9ZFLMBsATlOGyFlWasI9pGcpDRb9-b0YXB-qPeN0XriHLn5Q0ziv8Iu4OODpwFk138O89&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=fe8f2d6d8ac436992f98783a05b02d2f&oe=5DFA59DB

Simon works on his relationship with Leanda before she hurts him

71174777_10156596611331497_3925722119974944768_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQlQAP2TUcOlmguhXWqRz_AzwtCu8IBf-4OLy8sevnnVAibBRWAdpYEkKo9TIR1IncNCkKT1-yOWXOrTAlVwza8b&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=fe556f305f1d43510f57eedbb6153caa&oe=5E3DCB46

She does not get along with Nick

70904955_10156596611651497_3884486534103040000_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_oc=AQlePbfIgISF2n7scuEahM69VoMOv8itx_FN98aUCGcXO_tSMw1-aXvspftwKVY1FNK1vam78GQsfv2DH8d1ZtX6&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=28145c2cb0b36cce4a7af65932016944&oe=5DF3C05E

Laurence gets his way with Tammy

70237081_10156596611031497_1717428061550411776_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_oc=AQn6MJNo9_HOBVrhPRD8XgD5DR3TenUtAyoONxoodg8pROR44VabFL_B0sRDR8fvzcmp5a8H1_nB1_QrOoRYqDpf&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=e970ed098dc31b8480bb810960d72e4d&oe=5E3BB4A9

She later feels used by him

71144124_10156596611001497_8235784108601507840_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_oc=AQktvlTATtxtlDkk5umrecOfQTTRN3-hL1DNydY0o8civ5uHh_FIE5HcxQrCfExuupJ0CXB39ATnrXSQXaaYf7-Q&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=37abf0b05726dea68d672c5253cdc537&oe=5DFD1536

Laurence gets a job in the athletic career

70901601_10156596611771497_81342424273649664_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_oc=AQkWXlZEJbdVeG91f0PWqFmqOgkXmyUKToo6m-4v9Stj9tCRlj7m0JEvYL5eK4AlJkLK4DY2VmIcq9CpMz1a4nSl&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=7102cb42734b42d7c38283c23645f235&oe=5DEF6A48

He works on the athletic career to lead to speedy promotions

71112873_10156596611806497_5726827530409738240_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQm6GTenN3LHkV6-cfdXPt8OsFEfT7RjnSEY5UEEsrX4INm1c87rbtl17MP4Y2EIzxLyemLmCUP6YUDBYsMl-gW3&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=4c31a8c28d5c9c2a9e733e86320fdd10&oe=5E2E1A92
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Brandontaylor Thanks for the feedback :smile: I will work on Series 2 once I have got the screenshots from the game play done

@coco Thanks for the comments :smile: This is not part of the story but just game play so Laurence will hurt Tammy before I set her up with Simon. Just getting the relationships in the right order first
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    deadhaus123deadhaus123 Posts: 475 Member
    Uncanny endless views from this vacation getaway!
    jMNJML3.jpg
    gJ2kzBm.jpg
    oLjXZxy.jpg
    JfbeAYW.jpg

[img][/img]UjBiOYQ.jpg
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    edited September 2019
    Given I'm playing on epic lifespan, it's still quite a somewhat special moment when the kids finally go to university. The family said their good-byes - sort of...
    DWM7jlS.jpg
    On arrival, I was curious whether certain NPC's were still present.
    JDs23bi.jpg
    Turns out they were, and Paul was in a good mood.
    nYj39Gk.jpg
    Lucas had other stuff in mind.
    iLuoWK4.jpg
    Although he even managed to become best friends with one of the other students he shared a major with, Shannon Arkers.
    UTjfg4q.jpg
    It was time to fix the outfits and hair of the boys.
    Lucas was relatively simple, although I had to take him into CAS, as I also wanted to change his eye color from violet to blue. This may be some kind of blue-grey, but it's okay I guess. I'm also happy with the first hair I picked, and I didn't really change too much about his clothes, either. This was quick.
    mSIlzwL.jpg
    I had many more difficulties with Paul. I think I went through five different hairstyles, as I didn't want to change his style too much from how he was as teen, but liked the idea of him becoming some kind of crazy artist, at least during his university days. You can see a few changes during the next pics, as there was something off with most styles I chose. In the end, he became rather the opposite of what I intended, but well...
    Next night, the pattern was similar. Paul socialized, Lucas was doing science stuff.
    Lo5kTZr.jpg
    Although Lucas found some intriguing vampire lady later on. However, his "friendly" trait seems to derail most spontaneous romantic interactions, because he constantly starts blathering about other stuff in between.
    CyULwLS.jpg
    Paul's talk with Mika went so-so, but Mahmoud Yavari started flirting with him.
    Q8zY8WM.jpg
    uBLXuAg.jpg
    FRVuzwj.jpg
    This went on for hours. Lucas was already sleeping, but Paul proceeded with throwing discs at some hapless student.
    UwsIuYC.jpg
    I liked this hair best, but it looked weird at a specific angle, and the old man thumbnail this produced weirded me out even more.
    Anyway, that's what uni life is all about, isn't it?
    Post edited by Turjan on
  • Options
    @ddsims3world That's a cool-looking contemporary house. Love it.

@bekkasan Thank you! Yeah, Jamie is a special case. She isn't good with babies and toddlers, either.
    I enjoyed reading the end of that story arc with Flora and Bryce. Very colorfully presented.

@AbellaKellaher "Complementary" French Champagne and Swiss truffles? Hah, we all know how that works :D . That's a great looking resort.
    You really have a good hand with stories. It's great what you made out of those usually rather boring sprites.

@king_of_simcity7 The mood of that sunrise is marvelous.

@coco Don't worry, your sim looks great either way. I may think the shadows around the nose tip are a bit much and probably prefer the prior version, but that's my personal view. I've never tried to actually bring an existing sim to life, as I really suck at this, so I can just bow to your mastery.

@Evalen You play with the unmodded game only, right? I'm happy to see what you can do with it.

@deadhouse123 Ooh, that looks enticing. I now get a much better idea of what the house looks like, and I definitely like what I see.
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @bekkasan

That is a gorgeous house, oh they are moving to another world now wow, hope they find
    what they seek.
    Happy They could revive him again.

@coco

Thank you, been sitting in a phone queue for over
    30 minutes today just for that computer voice to connect me to the wrong person ugh hate job centers.

@AbellaKellaher

Enjoyed the update, you are a great writer.
    I wish I could write but I do not have that talent sadly hehe.

@Turjan

They seemed to have a great first day at
    university.

• Options
    I was glad that the old house Marcus and Jamie had been using during their time at university was still available when Lucas and Paul arrived. I prefer a different one, but this one is rather close to campus.
    I guess you could call this the "cheesy greet".
    eYVvjDx.jpg
    Regarding Paul, I settled on this hair. More "rich dandy" than "crazy artist", and he looks much more mature than his brother now.
    HtV82FV.jpg
    Paul chatting with a friend. I love those chats by "excitable" characters.
    J0C7j84.jpg
    Lucas talking to his "friend" again.
    9kd9j9U.jpg
    The next day was an absolutely gorgeous winter day. Mahmoud Yavari is an equal opportunity flirter.
    EYyb8U3.jpg
    b2eR4k8.jpg
    I guess the reason was that Paul was busy with class a few meters away.
    yHJGh2G.jpg
    Later, Lucas joined at the Group Science Project (in the background).
    MfV23rv.jpg
    W33VpOT.jpg
    Paul had befriended a crow on his first day, and he was playing with it.
    RpI04UO.jpg
    After class, the boys went fulfilling their "work out for 4 hours" opportunity that both had.
    BcgOy4u.jpg
    The Waverly sisters in the background didn't fail to amuse.
  • Options
    CursedDiceCursedDice Posts: 978 Member
    edited September 2019
    Haven't participated in here in a long time (I'm 3400 posts behind). Loaded up Sims 3 yesterday after my Sims 4 game kept ending in death by back float. Not much to say except

I saw this happening and I had to take a screenshot
    48782041556_be4d689b24_o.jpgScreenshot-761 by epic FUZZ, on Flickr

All the children are being asked on dates now. As a 4 star celebrity Melody is being recognised in public now. The time for a normal life is over. She was able to promote a restaurant to three sims. Got to do what you have to for publicity.
    48781685803_8107f1e5fb_o.jpgScreenshot-768 by epic FUZZ, on Flickr

Ethan went on his date, but I think she was already seeing someone. She asked him out though
    48782045691_8911d5481c_o.jpgScreenshot-769 by epic FUZZ, on Flickr

Tia and Ginette decided to jam together in front of an audience
    48782035441_77a479dda9_o.jpgScreenshot-763 by epic FUZZ, on Flickr

Ginette was asked out on a date, but when she got there she had better things to do
    48782032206_cfefefe217_o.jpgScreenshot-764 by epic FUZZ, on Flickr

While she was out I decided to check in on what was happening at home and well...
    48781667468_15ae0d213c_o.jpgScreenshot-765 by epic FUZZ, on Flickr

Ethan will know better than to get into a fight with his sister next time
    48781664493_cb2e070f6f_o.jpgScreenshot-766 by epic FUZZ, on Flickr

Ginette got a bit too carried away playing guitar in public that the police brought her home that night
    48782222272_6db080df04_o.jpgScreenshot-767 by epic FUZZ, on Flickr

Oh and Fliss was invited to some celeb's party but she spent the whole time reading. I didn't really pay attention.

Also, something weird is happening with the skin textures in my game since the lates Nvidia driver update (there was one recently wasn't there?). Anyone using an Nvidia GPU experienced anything weird happening graphically?
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    @CursedDice Nice to see you pop in again and share your gameplay. :)

So hey everyone.......sorry I've been MIA for a few days. Got some struggles going on in life right now and I'm hardly motivated to do anything. :pensive:
    I hope things will begin to look up very soon.

Have fun simming! {{{{Hugs}}}}
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    @Karritz I think my computer would die with such a big household. Good luck that everything works out as planned.

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks, it went well. They made it onto the Dean's List by Wednesday night, which is pretty good.
    Your couple seems to live on well, too.

@CursedDice *waves*

@emorrill That doesn't sound good. I hope you manage to hang in there. Good luck!
    Post edited by Turjan on
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Okay, I guess that's the last one for today.
    After the workout, it was time to relax. Paul met up with Eddy in the cafeteria.
    6zzkK1L.jpg
    MciMwrE.jpg
    Not much privacy here. Do fairies have X-ray vision? Ronnie Blackstone greeting through the door.
    5gBZ1dC.jpg
    Lucas met Esther. I guess you have to be cautious with those fangs in certain situations.
    vlUGadW.jpg
    7pNkwuW.jpg
    Bzjjsu3.jpg
    Paul was first (at least that's the thought that crossed my mind when I reviewed the images :wink: )
    ldT3clk.jpg
    Lucas and Esther had some fun in the snow.
    dXUZuTZ.jpg
    The jury was divided on this one.
    HNnriVH.jpg
    A last minute bribe managed to set the record straight and preserve unity.
    xT8PydX.jpg
    Not that any of the involved cared.
    ksddF6l.jpg
    15BtaTx.jpg
    Also, who cares about winter.

After this, there was one of these weird jingles from half a mile away.
    u7cXy1X.jpg
    Uh-oh.
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @Brandontaylor

Thanks for the nice comments.

@GraceyManor

Congrats on the new pregnancy.
    will they have a boy this time? Hehe.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji