Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited August 2019
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    @GraceyManor Is your story inspired by Marvel, or is it your own story?

It is inspired by "Henry Danger" loosely.However, I changed up the storyline and such to fit my needs.
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    pg. 3611
    @karritz I hope you had a good night's sleep. I was meant to go to bed early but still didn't get to sleep until after midnight again :disappointed:
    Something must have gone wrong because I've never heard of a house being the location for a field trip. Her wings are pretty though and she might be destined to join your family after all :smile:
    @lisasc360 Big congratulations on your wedding anniversary! :smile:
    @king_of_simcity7 I remembered the name, so that makes sense that he was only a background character. Tammy deserves a bit of happiness :smile:
    Dom and Warren are the worst. Things looked pretty heated between Nick and Humara but I wouldn't trust his bragging because it might not have even happened for all we know. At least he has Tammy to talk to. I would hate to be in his spot right now because things must be really awkward :grimace:
    @bekkasan I think it's also because in CAS you can't zoom in as far, hmm I wonder if there's a mod for that. I dug out my old books to read because creating those two sims has really occupied my whole week lol. Dedric won't be single for long if everything goes well :smile:
    @Silverofdreams30 I've missed you! I'm glad your break has been nice. I hope the weather was lovely and warm (but not too hot). I look forward to seeing your new updates :smile:
    @Emily4331 I'm seriously the worst at keeping up with my shows. I usually just rewatch old shows that I own the dvds of over and over :lol: I actually looked up Gavin's story after your comment and it made so much sense. I barely know any townie backgrounds otherwise haha. Thanks for liking my sims even if you don't know who it's meant to be :tongue: It's been a long time since I've had children in game at the same time as Halloween so I can't remember if I knew that we could change their costume. The hot dog costume sure gets old fast when literally everybody is wearing it. Ooh thanks for the link. I've only got 3 non default skins in my game which I think is really good but I wouldn't mind a couple more and hope that I don't go overboard :lol:
    @PalmArrow At least Siobhan didn't put Elijah on the ground. How lovely for Amelia to meet another grandchild while she's still around. That's one big age gap! Eliot does have a cute face, I think it's because he has a small jaw. The hair suits him perfectly. Now I'm imaging a CravenLestat clothing store :lol:
    @Stdlr9 Welcome back. This is such a cool idea and a great way to get to know some of these forgotten sims :smile:
    @sassygray5 Thanks I'm really glad that others can see an improvement. I was looking at him for so long that I couldn't tell if my changes were doing anything. I hope you had a good time with the dogs :smile:
    @Brandontaylor I think I will take a break from the game tonight but feel free to give me a link or send her over the weekend :smiley:
    @GraceyManor What a coincidence, lately for some reason I have been thinking about that hidden door bookcase and how I could use it in my game and now I see it in yours! It's exactly the type of place for a secret lair to be, well not so secret if the housekeeper will give that information out to anyone. I'm getting Batman vibes about this place. I'm not even going to pretend that I understand their conversation but if Chelsea can keep up with Darren's nonsense that she will be a valuable asset :smile:

pg. 3612
    @GraceyManor The boards are super slow today. You'd think that Darren would want to test out her martial arts abilities or something, she might be a wimp during a fight :lol: Her outfit does look awesome though, I love how you combined different sets from the store. Red Talon is an awesome name :smiley:
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I am around and usually lurking. Not really feeling like posting my updates or catching up with the thread at the moment as I am in a reading frenzy although I am still simming when I am not reading. I only have one and a half books in the series to catch up on until the rest of the series comes out so you will probably see more of me when I have finished them.
  • Options
    rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    @Emily4331 Could you pm me links to some of them?

Working on building a new house for the James family. Watched youtuber ZenSimmer's Step by Step videos for the "Blue Nose" but I'm making it different of course. The twins will have to share a room. Might need to wait until my other EPs come so I can give them bunk beds when they age up again.
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    edited August 2019
    @coco I do love your Alexander sim! He is spot on!
    There is a mod for zoom in CAS..... @emorrill told me about it...ask her, as I have such a mess on my puter right now trying to organize things that I can't find it! :open_mouth:

@Karritz That is cute about the sim that has adopted/glitched to your family.

@Silverofdreams30 Will be nice having you back!

@Emily4331 You would think he would change into his overalls or at least some jeans before gardening, but, nope keeps his preppy clothes on!

@PalmArrow That is a great picture of Amelia making the calls for the party. The one of her with the grandchild looks so wistful.
    Nice seeing the extended family members and the new babies.

@Stdlr9 Welcome! Sounds like an interesting twist to your save. :smiley:

@GraceyManor It sounded like from a comment you made a few pages back you were going to be gone for awhile so it is nice to see I misunderstood. :grin:
    Even hero's have to pay bills!
    Darren sure is trusting to someone he just met that applied for a housekeeping position. He doesn't even ask about her fighting abilities. Course, she is cute so..... :lol:
    Her costume is gorgeous and the name is perfect!
    I'm gonna have to google Henry Danger when I have time. :wink:

@Brandontaylor Thanks for the comments. It will probably be revealed this weekend if I don't have to work. :)

@Mikezumi What are you reading? I'm rereading my Heather Graham books.....mystery/romance with spookiness (the detectives/hero/heroines see ghosts that help them solve the crimes) and trying to list the missing ones. She is a prolific writer!

@rubyskywalker Sounds like fun. Show some pics of it when you have time. :smiley:

From a few days ago, I let them go have fun at the new park. Marshall and Jennifer were totally in sync riding they gyro's.
    48400029881_303a289fa7_b.jpg
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,924 Member
    edited August 2019
    @coco I managed to get a really bad sleep last night and today was a bit of a write off.

@bekkasan - after posting all that info on Sophie she vanished. A different group of children came home from school with the kids from the household next day and they all went home. Now I'll have to keep an eye out for Sophie to see if she shows up again.

Today I managed to get the Episode 24 of the Perfect Genetics Challenge, Generation 1, completed. It is currently loading to YouTube. I started recording for the next episode and will put it together over the next few days. I'm going to try to get some sleep now.

Happy Simming all.
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @Karritz , I'm quickly reading through this thread while at work so I didn't have time to watch your whole video, but I watched parts of it because I specifically wanted to see that fishing glitch. It was funny, and the laundry one sounds even funnier!
    How strange that a townie child is on a field trip to your house! :smiley: I understand wanting to find out what will happen instead of resetting the sim!

@Steamvarius , it was cute to see the kids bobbing for apples in their brightly coloured dresses!

@Mikezumi , I didn't know flying discs took away so much energy, but then I haven't used them much at all! Navita looks so funny while stealing the food. :smiley:

@bekkasan , I enjoyed the update! Surely Dedric will soon make a connection between the fairy house and the unknown fairy that appeared in his dreams!

@Emily4331 , @Brandontaylor 's Ava looks gorgeous!

@coco , I love the final version of Alexander!

@king_of_simcity7 , the situation in your last post - Simon not looking at Nick, Humara not looking at Simon, Dom and Warren making tactless jokes - it's very realistic, I feel like I've seen it in real life a hundred times!

@GraceyManor , I'm enjoying your superhero story! I laughed at the "eat Dad?" response! :smiley:
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    @bekkasan
    latest?cb=20190128223626

Basically Its a boy a boy who went to get a job a antique shop and the owner turned out to be "Captain Man" who was looking for a sidekick, He hires Henry, and Henry becomes "Kid Danger" They just made a musical that aired on Nick.Its a kids show, but I still like it and I have a fan girl crush on Ray/Captain Man XD In the 1st episode he has a friend to pretend to be a villain to test Henry's skills.

@coco
    My original plan was to do what the 1st epsiode of Henry Danger did, but I didn't want to install all sorts of poses and slow down my game.
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @bekkasan I am reading Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight Archive and enjoying it immensely :)
  • Options
    I am in the process of turning off my computer and have the Perfect Genetics game running. Couldn't resist having a little play.

A few things happened but there was one thing that I thought wasn't possible. But now I know it is possible. And I'm wondering if it could happen in an unmodded game.

Don, the father of the household, got abducted and last time I checked he had 4 hours to go on his Got Abducted moodlet.

Well, just now, I had just saved the game to turn it off when I noticed aliens were over the house again and Don came out and he got abducted again.

When he was returned I checked how long he had to go on his new Got Abducted moodlet. It is 10 hours.

But something looked a bit unusual. I'm sleepy and a bit slow right now - so it took me a few seconds to realise the implications of what I was seeing. Right next to his 10 hour got abducted moodlet is a 2 day Unexpected Weight Gain moodlet. I thought that wouldn't be possible if the household had 8 sims in it already.

I have mods that will allow more than 8 but didn't think the game would add a pregnancy like that. I had assumed, when he got abducted there would not be a pregnancy.

I had just aged their last toddler up and was having a little cheer to myself that there would be no more toddler training until Cindy ages up and marries and starts having her babies.

Oh well - I now will wait to see if I get the option to keep the baby or if it will automatically be sent to the alien world to be raised there. If I get the option to keep it I will keep it. Can't have too many different types of sim in the one household.

When I had all those alien pregnancies in the Isla Paradiso Bunch they all happened in World Adventure worlds where there was always less than 8 sims traveling and I thought that was the reason Craig and Sam got pregnant. Apparently not.

Now I'm off to sleep.
  • Options
    67796908_347994529458139_4065907125212151808_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_oc=AQlasCeAfGqifhqFGP-CRtovKXX_pHT4xLke-12mgP7XPwr4CtCv3S3lXGd2qI7FYf4&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=170e0c68370bd52e282006f24e52741a&oe=5DD98FBD
    "We here you have information about the missing girl." "You heard wrong lady.But you sure are cute."

67881318_347994539458138_5744831492148690944_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_oc=AQlcaaUZvfxig5mhRVn64VQMCSH1giB9bhJiIeCc4KmxXGfUQ4pfufR07Al_kCYLEhk&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=c024f62970ebd0541a51ca449adf753a&oe=5DA4D318
    "I do not play games kid, where is she?" "Envoke a threat if you wish; I have nothing to hide." "Dude, I'd listen to her if I were you."

67805009_347994516124807_7277869413611601920_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_oc=AQmgp0DvJrNDBaEfkHgIoe-boYQ_PmrWOV9c44bOH-znUaf4GWx9_I_WVsOIk96xwJI&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=43cf749d7364cc26fb3bcfd7874c115e&oe=5DA12299
    "That's it, I'm done playing games." Chelsea jumped on top of the kid."Need help Talon?" "I got this."

67543527_347994606124798_7638632673472151552_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_oc=AQn3mG6Jx5yuQ2eDuVbmbfLjn_iswWI2gT1xvovz1-wueE_aXd61wKYhCwX4CLqeBYs&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=710d3db4aac7e92b842510197d30fbcc&oe=5DA4F81C
    "You're gonna answer her questions; and if there's any hint of a lie..." "alright alright, head out east by the bay, there you'll find the information you need.That's all I know I swear!"

68446092_347994632791462_639295213310836736_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_oc=AQlHgU_PRoHUt-eWflObMLPVK4z5707gI7ImiVrdtGsD6m53NNjNYlFwhnhlGEx1IQY&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=3a3f5f6809a018b0f1ec603bbce5f72a&oe=5DE4F01D
    "Get lost before I change my mind."

68310871_347994642791461_4650319738881179648_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_oc=AQketepVPpiOLlUhXHb86I88RnW0MvINJIfmjt4lJMQihMJVqbQar233tFQERKZ1F8c&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=ec21d5781d658fa764369deb4bdf805c&oe=5DDFD1BA
    "I guess out to the bay..."
  • Options
    ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    @Brandontaylor, Page 3611.
    Thanks for the feedback! There's one event I'm not looking forward to during Autumn in the Sims 3...It's Hallows Eve...Back when Advarius and his family were living in Sunset Valley, Rachel got abducted, causing me to ragequit and nuke the filthy interstellar irritations to kingdom come when I got back into the game. That wasn't the last of it, though. One of the neighbour's children came in and rang the doorbell, expecting candy. This kid was wearing an alien costume, the cheeky scamp.

@PalmArrow, Page 3612.
    Thanks for the feedback, also!
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @PalmArrow Thanks for the feedback :smile: There was a lot of tension there!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    I nearly forgot to mention... It is my birthday today :no_mouth:

Happy Belated Birthday. :smile:
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,122 Member
    Woah! :open_mouth: I come back after a 2 day "vacation" in Salt Lake City and there's 5 pages to catch up on???
    Looks like the thread is picking up again! :smiley: Yay!

But yeah I'll just be reading and handing out L&A's. I've got a few pictures of my recent gameplay that I'd like to share with y'all so I'll get on that as soon as I can. (There's always tidying up around the house to do when you come back from vacation. ;) )

Keep calm and Sim on my friends! :mrgreen:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    I was wondering if anyone would like to give my Ava Sinclair Sim a makeover. It wouldn't be for me, I just want to see what she could look like if someone more talented than me made her up. If so, just let me know. I just thought it'd be interesting to see.

@Brandontaylor Send her my way. I'd have so much fun making her up! :smiley:
  • Options

@emorrill Apparently I am not receiving your tags again >:| I only know you tagged me this time because I scrolled past your comments which I sometimes read just because you crack me up and I saw my tag with my own eyes. I literally thought you were ignoring me :cry: : SO irritating. Is it just me now? I wonder why that is.. or what I really wonder is if other people's tags are being dropped, too, and we're all missing each others comments. Anyway, I'm very happy you had such a good time with your folks. It's been since Christmas since I've seen my dad and it's starting to weigh heavy on my heart. I hope we can arrange a visit soon, though I don't really know when :/ Also, slightly belated congrats on 3600! I was away when you hit it but I did tell my husband when we got back and I saw. I was like "I don't think I've ever had more than 360 people just read anything I've said anywhere on the internet let alone 3600 COMMENTS! Woot!
    giphy.gif

@AbellaKellaher Curse this borked out notification system! :weary:
    The fact that people haven't been getting my tags has been weighing heavily on me and honestly...it's a discouragement to give out feedback. :cry: But, I can't allow that to discourage me because it silly and I can't help not commenting on most everyone's stuff. I just care about y'all SO much! <3
    (And for the record, I would never Ignore you. You're so sweet and such a great person (from what I've been able to see anyway). :kissing_heart: So don't ever worry about that. )

I haven't been giving out much feedback lately because I've been so busy and having family visit and then going out of town for a couple of days. I'm playing catch up now. ;) So you really haven't missed much from me.
    I've been enjoying your new story with the circus folks. :) You're a great writer!

Superstar! :lol:
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Emily4331 wrote: »

I made Hogan's Deep Fried Diner an actual place you can walk into. :lol:
    Nen70Rs.jpg

Well my goodness that looks FANTASTIC @Emily4331 ! :smiley:
    That's totally how I pictured the inside to look!

Edit to add:
    I haven't! I'll probably wait until it's out of theaters. Not too keen on having my chair kicked 1000 times and having that one way too old kid run through the aisles every 5 seconds. :lol:
    ^OMGosh I about spit out my drink reading that one! :lol:
    That's HILARIOUS! :joy: And all too true sometimes....
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    I played my Sunset Valley save only briefly.

When George got up in the morning, he immediately went to the study to give a lecture. I was curious about this pressing need to give a lecture, and then I had to laugh when I saw what it was about!

XEXeHc7.png

Evangeline made this very happy face while drinking her morning bottle:

eE9iFLv.jpg

I also briefly visited one of my TS4 saves, to move @thuggishsplicer 's David and Gavin into a house in Sulani.

I6u6yR4.png
  • Options
    coco wrote: »
    @Mikezumi @AlexaKry How does he look now? I've spent way too long on this so I can't tell anymore if he's better or not. I think he looks like Alex but from certain angles like below. I don't know what else to change on him at this point. I think he looks here better than the last pictures I uploaded though :smile:

TS3-W-2019-07-31-15-41-36-33-2.png
    TS3-W-2019-07-31-15-43-55-65-2.png
    TS3-W-2019-07-31-15-51-43-00-2.png
    TS3-W-2019-07-31-15-52-12-85-2.png
    TS3-W-2019-07-31-15-26-00-15-2.png

@coco ^Oh my! :astonished: He is...PERFECTION! :star:

I'd say he's on POINT! Fantastic job girl! :smiley:
  • Options
    bekkasan wrote: »
    @coco I do love your Alexander sim! He is spot on!
    There is a mod for zoom in CAS..... @emorrill told me about it...ask her, as I have such a mess on my puter right now trying to organize things that I can't find it! :open_mouth:

Did you ladies call for the Zoom In CAS mod? :blush:

http://modthesims.info/d/434510/zoom-in-cas-camera-1-38-pets.html

<3
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,774 Member

@coco @emorrill I got a few things to do still but once I am done, I'll send Ava to you both. Looking forward to seeing what you both do with her!
  • Options
    @PalmArrow thank you. I hope you manage to watch it all. The laundry wash took up a lot of time. It was an apparently endless boat ride. I didn't include all of it in the video as it would have made the video extremely long.

@sassygray5 thank you. Funnily enough, Sophie vanished as soon as I told everyone about her. Some other children and teens came home after school the next day, just for a short visit. They went to their own homes when it got late. But now I have Sophie in mind she might be invited back one day. Or she might just turn up again. Who knows. She is a few days away from aging up to teen and seems to have made an impression on Owen. Although he still has a lot of time before the game would age him up to teen, I plan to do it with cake in the next episode.

@Brandontaylor I was wondering if you kept on watching the videos. I can understand not wanting to do any kind of simming for a while. I have had to upgrade my computers a few times over the years due to Sims. Finally I got one that seems to work really well. The best so far but still not a top line Sims 3 computer. I got ChesterBigBird to help me get it. I told her what I wanted it for and I do a lot of things other than play Sims 3 on it. She helped me work out what to get. I got it built for me. You can ask her for help when you decide you're ready for a new computer. She used to be a regular here but has since moved on to other games but is extremely good at building computers and is able to help you get the best for the game at the best price. It is one of her hobbies I think.

I have posted The Perfect Genetics Challenge, Generation 1, Episode 24 and it is now active on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/LNcDIuRCIiQ

You will see little Sophie visiting the family and there is a birthday party and lots of imaginary friends running around following their owners. None have become real yet but they are about to start working on it. I see them as more potential partners for the rapidly growing young sims. Petal gets the 'When Dreams Come True' opportunity - but I decide not to let her do it. She is going to learn the make the potion on the chemistry table. At least 3 of the children have made best friends with their dolls and are going to work on the chemistry table. Two others seem to be happily working on their relationships with their dolls, and little Percy just got the message that will lead to that opportunity if he keeps up playing with his doll so happily. Olivia and Don keep on going to work. What I really want from them is the One Kelvin Fridge. Haven't had a sim get one of them for many years and it used to be the first thing I went for in every game for years.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top