Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @MoonandStars83 Thanks for the comment :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    MKSizzleMKSizzle Posts: 557 Member
    I have been a little behind on my updates, and I know that I have shown you pictures of Colin as a teen already, but I hadn't actually shown everything that was happening surrounding that and such, so without further ado, let's go back in time about a week. This is probably going to be a 3-parter. ;)

Part 1

It was Monday, and after the kids left for school, the place was left to Ben and Ashley. Ben looked out the kitchen window and sighed in disappointment when he saw Ian's garden. The perfectionist in him just couldn't have it looking that way, so once again, he went out there to tend to it.

8G2VPpP.jpg

Ashley gabbed to Reagan on the phone.

u9XWQtK.jpg

After Ian got home from school, Ben felt that it was time for the inevitable.... It was time for Ian to learn to drive. He learned and got his license in one try! Go Ian!

A1LCDoA.jpg

When they got back, he got on the phone with Tamsen to tell her the great news.

26mmpdi.jpg

Ben chatted with Sebastian a bit about music.

dM2xXm3.jpg

While Ian and Ben were out driving, they had discussed a little about Ian needing to get more exercise, so Ben offered to help him out with it. After Ian got off the phone with Tamsen, the guys got into their workout clothes and hit the gym.

sBswb9W.jpg

Meanwhile, Colin and Adelyn went outside to go for a swim in the pool, and Colin worked on his diving skills. (Between you and me, I don't think he needs to work on much of anything. ;))

q9TH7FG.jpg
    V3ULYSg.jpg
    aFc2rfH.jpg

The next day, Ben decided he wanted to try out something new. He had this great idea for a story and wanted to try is hand at a little writing, so he jumped on the computer and started typing away on his new Science Fiction novel Nebula Rising.

yPps8zs.jpg

Ashley decided she needed a new hobby as well. She loved to to give herself makeovers, so she thought it would be a cool idea to start giving them to others. She went out and bought all she needed for a stylist station and set it up in the bedroom. Her first victim...err customer... was, of course, Ben.

GSyHKsQ.jpg

She didn't want to do much, except get rid of that darn soul patch on his chin and take the blond streaks out. In place of those blond streaks, was gray. It seemed a bit more appropriate, she thought. And he looked sophisticated, so she was happy with the results. He was too and hugged her to say thank you.

OkiMNzQ.jpg
    lHutd2d.jpg

That afternoon, Ben played some video games with Colin and Ian.

o6qIYAD.jpg

And after Adelyn got home from ballet class, she wanted to show off some of her moves to her mother. What a precious little ballerina she is!

TyztRQj.jpg
    Nz4583N.jpg

That night, Sebastian had a dance he really wanted to go to. He didn't have a date, but that didn't matter. He just wanted to go have some fun.

AVmdDB8.jpg

Ian cooked up some Stu Surprise, which happens to be Ashley's favorite meal. She was excited.

JHAInXy.jpg

To be continued.....
    The Palmer Legacy -- Generation 1

It all started with Zack & Blair....

• Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    edited August 2018
    Three of the sweetest moments of play today...(sorry, they are cruddy iPad pictures, Oompa Loompa orange Sims!) taking pictures with my computer of the notifications is impossible for some reason.

This melted my heart..

42269965860_6418048b54_c.jpg

This surprised the he*ll out of me because I'm totally moddless so it would be impossible unless maybe the door of life and death would count and isn't there some way at the science building? it was very cool to see as I've never seen this wish before with any of my gay couples.

42269965390_2e6e7c75b3_c.jpg

Matt and Mello...I want them together but shortly after this Mello got hearts for Eve, Matt only gets them for males. Boy they sure are a lovely shade of purple/pink! :flushed:

42269966690_59fe42f7c3_c.jpg

@PalmArrow , One or both Sims have to have the Hopeless Romantic trait...it's in that specialty, then look for embrace. It's a gorgeous action I use it to death! :heart:

30210958498_4ca5311795_c.jpg

Typical teen, she was caught in the 'capture the memory' loop, haven't seen that for awhile...resetsim her and she was fine.

42261967170_eb050ee02f_c.jpg

:smiley:
  • Options
    Part 2

The next morning began Colin's last day as a child. The kids got ready and went to school.

Gu7PJSz.jpg

While they were there, Ashley wanted to give some more makeovers, so she invited Reagan and Riley over for a little girly get together. First it was Riley's turn.

DE9CpeL.jpg
    lVA7Elj.jpg
    4HtQxlV.jpg

And then Reagan.

i2cQkdI.jpg
    rMsIGjJ.jpg

Afterwards, the girls watched some TV and chatted.

ZnfdTvD.jpg

And Ashley wanted to make some drinks.

O8Fl4Oy.jpg

When School was over for the teens, Ian and Sebastian did their homework as soon as they got home. They wanted to get it out of the way because they knew that night was going to be all about fun.

0tWbkSi.jpg

Since it was a weeknight, and the family just had a huge party over the weekend, they decided to just have a small celebration with just a few of their friends. They invited their cousins Don and Angelo, and their friends Ivan and Wilbur. Of course, Ian wanted Tamsen to come. Since Reagan and Riley were still over, they got to join in as well. Happy Birthday, Colin!

blgWMWM.jpg
    RHqygQ1.jpg

And just like that, there was yet another teenager in the house.

IfYdAl1.jpg

I think Reagan and Ashley hit a little hard on the juice, as per usual, so they were acting a little giggly.

foMaQiK.jpg

And just plain silly.

kMAzIyV.jpg

It was a very fun night and everyone had a great time.

• Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @coco: Awesome pictures

@plushtrap_107: Awesome pictures. Cool bedrooms.

@emorrill: Awesome pictures.

@Charlottesmom: Awesome pictures.

@TadOlson: Awesome pictures.

@lanlyn: Awesome pictures.

@lisasc360: Awesome pictures.

@CravenLestat: Awesome patterns and videos

@Karritz: Awesome video.

@imdragonit: Awesome sim

@Nikkei_Simmer: Need to read your updates

@king_of_simcity7: Awesome pictures.

@PalmArrow: Awesome pictures. The wedding area is so pretty.

@bekkasan: Judy looks awesome as a fairy. Yay for Jorge and Judy!

@Mikezumi: Awesome pictures

@Silverofdreams30: Awesome pictures

@meerkattime: Awesome pictures

@all: Thanks for letting me read and comment on your stories/videos. :)
    :) Smile!

• Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@Silverofdreams30 Adorable kitty pictures. They make a cute couple.

@PalmArrow Thanks for the comments. :)
    Congrats on the engagement, and marriage!
    George is great to take care of the dog!

@MoonandStars83 Thanks for the comments. :) Crystal looks like a cutie. I do like her nursery.
    Sometimes a break is needed from building.

@MKSizzle Congrats to Ian on learning to drive so quickly. He's got those hands at 10 and 2!
    Colin is an awesome diver!
    Sebastian looks handsome in his suit. Hope all goes well.
    I love the little ballerina showing off her moves. :)
    Reagan and Riley look great with their makeovers....Ben did too!
    Colin is handsome young teen and you can tell they are brothers!
    Gracious, the girls had fun.

@charlottesmom Hit your print screen button when you see a notification you want to save. You won't get a message that it saved. Then go to your paint program and open a new file. Hit paste and the screenie should show up. You can then crop what you want of the screenie, save it as a jpg or whatever your program uses and upload. I had to learn to do that on hubby's puter. Hope that will work for you.
    I absolutely love that notification when it pops up with one of my couples. :)
    Oh...wow.....perhaps Grims door would work? I think the science thing is with ITF to engineer a baby with.... It might work with two guys.

@puddinroy Hi there, thanks for the comments. :)
  • Options
    Part 3

The rest of the week was uneventful. On Friday, after school, Colin wanted to go for a jog to the beach and back.

eLk7edQ.jpg
    eE4cDXq.jpg

Sebastian really wanted to learn a new song on the guitar, so he went to the bookstore and bought some song books.

gRWg9cB.jpg

Afterwards, since he was really enjoying his time out in town, he went across to the park to learn one of the new songs he bought.

HQ03qP7.jpg

While he was out, he had seen a poster for one of his favorite bands advertising a concert for that night, so he called Ivan and Angelo to go with him. It was a great show.

H36fq19.jpg
    MT0DcaX.jpg

Meanwhile, Adelyn had a desire to go to the park as well. When she got there, she did what any fun kid would do... she took out her homework.

aHi5itd.jpg

When she went home, she talked to her dad for a bit and really wanted to show him the new ballet moves she had been learning.

8oBrcyb.jpg
    nu7EiXf.jpg

Then Adelyn went upstairs to her room to play with her dollhouse.

W3ZCHFa.jpg

The next morning, the first thing Ben did was go downstairs to watch some Cookin' Cable. He was determined to reach the top skill level in cooking and he was doing all that he could to get there. Colin came over to bug him.

fAaObJW.jpg

After Ian had his breakfast, he started to clean up, and then Colin's not-so-nice side came out. He went over to Ian and make some snide comment about Ian being a suck up. Ian was a tad annoyed, of course. Uh oh.

1PNpT6M.jpg
    Uwpubxl.jpg

Sebastian really wanted to become better friends with his cousin Don (who is Riley's son), so he called him and talked to him for a while.

dipldNA.jpg

Adelyn was getting extremely well at baking and extremely addicted to bake sales. She wanted to have another one so she baked away and made a few perfect batches of some of her favorite recipes. Other's must be noticing her skill as she has been getting some repeat customers!! That kid was here last time... Ha.

fqYgUK6.jpg

Later, Colin was talking to Sebastian and asked him to play some video games. Good thing Colin is still being nice to his other brother, although Sebastian can get along with anybody, so it isn't a surprise.

eaVxqvn.jpg
    I9jzn10.jpg

On Sunday, Sebastian invited Angelo over in the morning. Adelyn wanted to read the baking report in the paper.

vhTEwKG.jpg

Trevor had brought his son over so he stayed for a bit. Ashley asked Reagan to come by as well, and they all had some fun in the Rec Room.

staq6mu.jpg
    PA8IZUo.jpg

At least Reagan didn't salute this time.

CzGlRMO.jpg

Before Reagan and Trevor had to leave to go to work, I wanted to get a good picture of Trevor just because...

ZdZxOP2.jpg

After everyone had left, Sebastian asked his father if he could teach him how to drive.

bYl35It.jpg

I think Ben may have been a little nervous.

7tKny9V.jpg

While they were out, Ian was reading a new recipe he bought and was very excited when he finished learning it.

gy57LWn.jpg

He started cleaning and while taking out the trash, Colin came out to tease him a bit more.

ocdHlt4.jpg

And then Colin went in to pump some iron.

dqYGqZG.jpg

That's all, folks! Thanks for reading. :)

• Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited August 2018
    @MoonandStars83 To fully understand, you'd need to read the chapters before(pokes siggy) But Michael caught his wife cheating on him, so he chased the guy to his house and set it on fire.Turns out it wasn't the guy's house, it was some big time millionaire, and now the millonaire wants michael to rebuild his home, which would cost about 3 million.Yes, she adopted Lamar's dog.

@Mikezumi - Yeah, I think its nifty with the dishwashes lol.can't believe I never knew that.

@Charlottesmom - She's trying for sure.Now that Amanda divorced Michael, I think Michael might try a bit harder to get Francine.

@lanlyn - Yeah Michael is 34, Francine, 27.She's only dated a few times.But nothing really serious.Yup Dave is black mailing Michael for sure, but again Michael didn't keep his end of the bargain by robbing the bank.lol
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,020 Member
    Pages: 2904 through 2906.

I haven't posted any real updates in the last couple of days, but thanks for the feedback on my other posts. :)
    @bekkasan, @plushtrap_107, @Tadolson, @Puddinroy, @MKSizzle
    _______

@Karritz RE: Oscar's Childhood video 6. Simone sure is attracted to Gene! And Gene has upset everyone in the household because of his attention to Simone. ...Great scene in the library with the overlay pics. Very cool. ...Fleur is part alien! ...So Gene reconciled with Nola. That's good. ...Fleur seems to be having a little trouble fitting in. Wonder what will become of all that! ...I liked the basement revisions with the central common area still there. ...LOL at all the pillow fighting.

@plushtrap_107 Well, what do you know. Charon is getting romantically involved with someone! Engaged to Fjord. ...Fun park screenshots with the kids.

@imdragonit I like Neytiri's new makeup. I like the way her house is coming together too.

@emorrill The new duplex lot is looking great. I like the plans you're making for the different floors.

@Springfairy556 Francine looks so pretty in her red dress. Michael thinks so too! They had a romantic night together. But Francine is still scared of how serious the relationship is getting. Michael is an older man, and Francine doesn't have a lot of experience dealing with guys, I don't think. ...Oh no, Agent Dave seems to be blackmailing Michael into doing dangerous work for the FBI.

@MamaSimTee I can understand how difficult it is to balance RL and game time! ...So awesome that your dad is going to Australia and that he's still able to travel despite the Parkinson's limitations.

@bekkasan All those handsome men moving into Sanctuary! Even David and Martin. So fun. ...I loved that screenshot with David and Martin looking out over the city. ...Max! Now Rosie has a bot friend in the house. ...Poor Jorge rejected for a kiss. ...LOL at "I'll never understand a woman."

@Mikezumi I like your new sim Rick. He has a nice color of hair and a nice face. Appealing. ...And your Keanu is awesome! Great job with him. I would totally recognize him.

@Silverofdreams30 Cool that Ty and Audra are self employed. ...I'm anxious to see Luna with her new romantic interest.

@PalmArrow Nice that Amelia's skill boost drink helped Kristina earn a couple of skill points. ...I like the coloring on Dexter. ...Great shot of him socializing with the neighborhood dogs. ...Also, awesome pic of the leg sticking out of the hot tub! ...Huge birthday party of George. ...Sorry Kristina and Lloyd missed their chance to get engaged at the party. ...George aged up to be a handsome young man.

@Charlottesmom Fun screenshots of Light and L arguing over the L's new look. ...And the scenes with the looking at themselves in the mirror! So funny. I like your makeovers though. ...Divorcing them! ...LOL at Light playing with L's hair. ...Sounds like in the end, the two were ready to have fun with the ladies! ...Oh well, it looks like the new makeovers, Logan and Travis, are hard-wired to be gay. ...Long distance hearts. Ha! ...Awesome basement rec area!

@king_of_simcity7 Poor Squire works hard on making dinner, but Cassie just eats pizza. It looks like she's already giving him the cold shoulder.

@TadOlson Your map tags are very detailed for sims. That's handy.

@Puddinroy Glad you are coping as best you can. It's a difficult time.

@MKSizzle I definitely consider you a regular. Love your updates! I think a lot of people feel like they're on the fringe sometimes in this thread when it gets so busy and we don't have time to keep up. I know I do. ...Sounds like you might have some family drama brewing up for your story.

@msbeckycat Sorry you're having trouble with your game.

@Chi5678 Cute family photo. Interesting that Rikki and Riley are romantic interests while Riley is still in doll form. Nice twist!
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Page 2904

@plushtrap_107 Thank you :) I am also glad Shannon sat on the bath and not the toilet :D
    Congrats to Charon on dating Fjord :)
    Cute pics of the kids playing at your new play park :)
    Congrats on the engagement!

@imdragonit Neytiri looks great with the new makeup :)
    Great start on Pandora!

@emorrill Great job on tweaking the townhouses to match the pic :)

@Springfairy556 So that's why Francine ran away! Totally makes sense!
    Looking forward to seeing how things go now that Michael is divorced.
    Oh dear! A crooked Fed!

@MamaSimTee I hope you find a good balance in your life soon :)
    Good luck with your new legacy.
    How wonderful that your father will be traveling to Australia dispite his condition :)

@bekkasan The girls will have fun with all the handsome boys you have added to your game :D
    Oh! David and Martin too! LOL and they got hearts! That's how I have always seen them :D
    That will be wonderful if there is such a mod so David can continue to be a lifeguard!
    Congrats to Judy on making Max :)
    The elevator got Jorge good! :D
    Oh no! Judy rejected his kiss! :(
    Why did she reject his kiss if it's what she really wants? Sims! :#
    I can't remember his name because I haven't played him yet. I used the random name generator until I found a name I liked :D
    His eyebrows would have been crooked from his expression. He was part way through a flirty idle. I did use some uneven sliders on him but only very subtle ones and not on his brows. Thank you :)

@coco Thanks for the lovely comments :)
    Daniel's athletic outfit is an old time one.
    I do believe it is the same hair as you have on Clark :)
    Moss was voted Prom King :)

@PalmArrow Thanks :) Rick isn't based on anyone, at least not intentionally. I guess it's possible to be thinking of someone subconsciously when making a sim.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Page 2905

@meerkattime I really must redownload all my Store content and save it to an external drive. I did it a while back but have accumulated a lot more stuff since then.
    Glad you got it done and survived it ;)

@Silverofdreams30 I don't like my sims becoming romantic interests at Prom because it's usually with the wrong sim! Are you happy with Luna ending up with Timothy?
    Great update!

@PalmArrow Ewwww look at the green fog coming from the bad drinks! I always give my mixologist sims the LTR that stops them from producing bad quality drinks.
    Good start on Kristina's skilling :)
    LOL mail carriers and dogs have never been friends :D My brother-in-law was a mail carrier many years ago and got several bites while delivering mail :#
    I hope your next attempt at try for baby is successful if this one didn't work!
    Gorgeous Christmas decorations! I hope you can work out where to find the tree!
    Quite the turnout for George's birthday!
    Dang! Bad timing! I hope you get them engaged soon!
    George aged up really well!
    Oh my! George as a dwarf! :scream:

@lisasc360 Thanks :) I am playing a longer lifespan in this save and it is fun taking my time growing the kids up :)

@Charlottesmom L Looks great as Travis!
    LOL at Light's reaction! :D
    I don't know what I think about Logan yet.
    L/Travis doesn't much care for him! :D
    Love the mirror dialogue! :D
    Poor boys! They still want each other and you want to put them with girls! :#
    Thanks for the lovely comments :) I know I could get good expressions if I left my teens with mood swings but I hate negative wishes.
    Mikezumi will be getting her new LTW soon for a bottomless nectar cellar :)
    Daniel and Finnian did get hearts. I thought I took a pic.
    I am surprised you don't remember all my earlier teens who got engaged autonomously.

@king_of_simcity7 Great update! LOL at The Squire burning the meal! At least he got it right next time :)
    LOL Cassie didn't want it after all!

@TadOlson Thanks and great pic of your map showing maptags :)
  • Options
    MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    Hi all!

Thanks for the good thoughts about my Dad. I think I get upset about him having Parkinson's more than he does. I'm grateful for anything he gets to do that makes him happy. He worked so hard to take care of us, even after my folks divorced. My Dad is also the parent in my life that stepped in to support me when I was a single Mom. He and my son have a great relationship and I love them both for it.

So my Australia friends, I'm not sure all the cities he's going to. At least not yet. He did mention Melbourne (did I spell that correctly?) Any tips and/or sights to see are greatly appreciated. I can pass them along to him and his girlfriend.

@Mikezumi I'm loving the SIMS you created as well as your farm story. The Keanu Reeves one was spot on. At least I think so. I loved him in Speed and his really early movie, River's Edge. He was in my part of the world a few years back. He was filming up here (I don't remember the movie) and my friend was at a local coffee shop in the train station when he realized the customer in front of him was Keanu! Apparently, he'd been going there for about a week or so. Very low key. He and my friend actually talked a bit about life in general, not just "OMG...you're a movie star!" type talk.

@CravenLestat Those houses. OMG...I love them so.

@Charlottesmom I wish I was around a lot more too. I'm slowly figuring things out. It's nearly Fall, so that means my job picks up more. Especially now that I'm working with all 3 of our education sites. School visits start toward the end of September and I have an after school program I need to plan and organize for as well. That's all in addition to the big stuff we do because we are in Sleepy Hollow Country (yes, Headless Horseman land).

Waves to @Puddinroy @bekkasan @emorrill @lanlyn @TadOlson @Nikkei_Simmer and everyone else on this thread. Happy Simming everyone!
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • Options
    @Mikezumi , Actually now that you mention it you did have quite a few teens that got engaged. I must be getting my old lady brain... :flushed:
    **Logan (redone Light) is really starting to grow on me but in today’s play Matt really stuck out... :heart:

29142419237_7ff582afbe_c.jpg

43361242314_88757c3be6_c.jpg

43361246384_aa2807b7ce_c.jpg
  • Options
    @Mikezumi , I’m such a ditz I meant did Finnian and Simon get hearts...there was no picture of that. Just curious...no idea why I get Daniel and Simon messed up! :s
  • Options
    @Charlottesmom Finnian and Simon didn't get hearts although they are probably compatible trait-wise, maybe more so than Moss is with Simon. I didn't direct Finnian to consider Simon's attractiveness so that's probably why and they had been friends from school before that.
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    edited August 2018
    pg. 2907
    @Silverofdreams30 Snowshoe is a cute name for a kitty. It's nice that Shadow has another cat to play with now. What did you change Angel's LTW to?
    @meerkattime The launcher is so dodgy sometimes, I hope all your content has installed properly now. I've heard that cleaning up the library improves lag, not sure how but I'm really glad that it worked for you :smile:
    Matteo does seem creepy wanting to cuddle with a pregnant lady he just met.
    @plushtrap_107 I spent a few days in Wales by myself a few years ago and it was pretty much the highlight of my trip. It's such a beautiful region and full of lovely people there so I would definitely call it a holiday :smile: I watched a show on tv about the auroras in Iceland, that would be amazing to see on day!
    I'm sure the kids will be happy to move into a bigger house. The bedrooms are so colourful I love them! It looks like a very heavy snow day.
    @Springfairy556 Sounds like a really interesting power struggle. I've played GTA briefly but I'm notoriously bad at shooting games. I love the open world atmosphere of those types of games though. Not sure if you have heard of Sleeping Dogs but it's set in Hong Kong and it's similar to GTA and Saints Row etc. I just used to spend my time driving around the city and collecting stuff instead of doing the missions haha.
    @king_of_simcity7 Cassie obviously suspected that Carl's cooking was so bad that she made sure to get him to eat it first :wink:
    @charlottesmom Watari/William looks really good with less wrinkles and nice blue eyes. Aw Near is cute with freckles. I don't mind the hair but on him it makes him look like he has a big forehead.. Nikki looks lovely but I'm afraid her legs are going to snap they're so skinny :open_mouth:. I'm not surprised that they technically got hearts for themselves what with the same traits and everything. Ahh it's getting confusing now. So basically everyone loves everyone except poor Nicholas :cry:. Even William got the hearts. Connor has that stare down to an art form now so that everyone who does it looks like him. I think that fortune cookie is too large to fit in Light's mouth. I always wanted to know what sims are actually doing underneath that bright light. They are probably just sitting side by side not moving. L is so handsome :love:. I love dark shirts on guys. You have been spending a lot of attention on Near lately, and you have already taken a lot of screenshots showing off his expressions so
    maybe he will be your next project :smile:
    I can't believe I actually paid full price for Get To Work back in the day, what a waste of time it was. TS4 is dead to me now.
    Aw you're making me feel all fuzzy inside. I've been playing netball for really long time but it's been ages since I've played in a final. I should show you a pic of the trophy I won last season - it was a total surprise to me.
    I don't like giving my sims too much muscle because it sometimes makes them look weird in clothes. Especially around the calf area if they're wearing tight jeans lol.
    I think a set of girls called Phyllis and Grace (my two grandmas) would be cute.
    The only guy I can picture on the piano right now is emorrill's Sam :love:
    There's probably a custom slider link out there somewhere. I would be afraid of what the slider would do for random sims though.
    Appearances alone, Near looks like the gentle one to me. I just read that Matt's real name is Mail Jeevas :open_mouth:
    I hear that Kingdom Hearts is a good game, I have never played it though. Those ladies seemed to be getting all the attention but obviously L and Light (and their counterparts) are immune :frowning: Jellyfish are very sneaky! I'll check Netflix to see if Point Break is available :smile:
    @bekkasan It makes sense that Judy didn't know what she wanted at the time. Jorge seems like a nice guy to wait for her to feel comfortable. Silly sims dancing in the corner. I hope pizza exists forever lol. Maybe there will be drinks in the future that fill up your hunger. Aw no hearts for Martin. Judy and Jorge look to be having a great night together. It's cute that Rosie was waiting for them. I'm glad he finally got that kiss from her. Aww :smile:
    @palmarrow Congrats on the engagement :smile:. It seems like they're finding it a bit hard to conceive. I think winter weddings are so pretty. The snow covered rocks look nice in the background. Lovely portrait picture, they look so happy :smile:
    I love Dexter's unique coat speckled with grey, brown and white.
    @moonandstars83 It's quite amazing for a foreign group such as BTS to gain so much worldwide fame. I went to their concert they had here last year and it was really fun. Check out some of their music videos if you have the time, they are really artistic and interesting.
    How long do you play the families in your rotation for? Just asking because I've set up a traveler world and now sure how many days I should play each family. The Rec Center sounds fabulous. It's always fun getting to use the KP themed objects.

pg. 2908
    @nikkei_simmer It always feels good to get rid of a long list of things in a sim's inventory. I'm sure Brianna will have cuts and blisters in no time from breaking space rock :tongue:. I wonder how much time Yasunobu has left. I like when groups of wild horses stay together. Another new baby on the way! I bet Haruo and River are really feeling their age now. I'm sure Katrina will love being a big sister. The City Hall looks nice with the rose bushes out front, and of course the flags. Letting Brianna go will be one of the best things Haruo can do as she will be able to grow as a person without the constant presence of her parents.
    @mksizzle Maybe Ian should have started with a smaller garden, but it's nice that Ben is helping. Good job Ian on the license! With his dad cheering him on hopefully Ian can work on building some muscle. Colin needs to be in the Olympic team lol. Sci-fi is a fun genre to explore. I think Ben looks really good with Ashley's changes. Maybe he's finally coming to terms with his age now. Aw Adelyn's ballerina twirl is so cute. You never know maybe Sebastian will meet someone nice at the dance. Adelyn is adorable in her ballet outfit.
    Riley's makeover makes her look so young again. The dress is really pretty. I love the new hair on Reagan. It's nice that Colin was able to have a birthday party with lots of friends over. The leather jacket is a nice look on Colin. He looks so much like his dad.
    Maybe Sebastian will grow up wanting to be a rock star like his father. Woah Ben is totally shredded :lol:. That's not very nice of Colin to pick on Ian. Lol his expression! Adelyn seems like a very smart kid. Trevor is good looking. Ben must be a good driving instructor.
    @charlottesmom Aww now that's sweet. L and Light are bound to each other for all time. There may be a way to do it via the science station, or maybe in the future I'm not sure. Matt and Mello look like they have been sitting in the sun all day. I can't be mad at Eve since she's one of your best females but I hope Matt and Mello get together at some point.
    @mamasimtee Last week I was in Melbourne (only for a day though), so I would recommend the Docklands and St Kilda area but I'm no expert haha. I'm from the city slightly west called Adelaide.
  • Options
    polrbearpolrbear Posts: 939 Member
    Hey guys, I will be posting an update on my Sims 3 game soon, but I wanted to share something crazy that sort of connects back to Sarah and Jenny, the couple that will produce the next generation in my Sims 3 game.

I recently got into more older sims games after finding a bunch of useable older sims games at Goodwill.

After remembering how great all of those Sims 2 games had been, I then remembered The Urbz: Sims in the City, which I had in storage, I had stored copies of both the gamecube and original DS version (which are very different games!)

After a trip to a nice little shop nearby in the mall which sells old games and old console parts, I was able to get a gamecube controller which was compatible with my wii and a charger for my DS, so that I could play both games. Now to be honest, although being ecstatic about both, the one I was most most interested in playing was the DS version, which I remembered being one of the craziest things I experienced as a kid(entertainment-wise, at least).

You start off washing windows, then writing papers, racing cars, going to a secret club, you end up in a fight with a mayor, he throws you over a bridge, you wash up in the swamp, you fight the devil....that's all little me remembered.

Anyway, when I loaded up the game I went and immediately looked at my saves...and guess what names I had used for my urbz sims...?

'SARAH' and 'jenny'. OMG Same names as my Sims 3 heir and her gf!

Why was Sarah screamed by little me and jenny whispered? IDK man, I will never know.
    I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png
  • Options
    OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    @TadOlson @MoonandStars83 -- Thanks for the comment. :)

@Mikezumi -- Ooh, love me some Keanu. I should watch more of his films.

I'm not really one for chick flicks, but I do admit that one of the few I enjoy is A Walk in the Clouds. :blush:

@emorrill -- Man, I had forgotten how emotional this Dr. Lawrence Alzheimer's arc was.... and now knowing that Alan Alda has Parkinson's in real life... Watching ER before bed isn't always a great de-stresser lol!
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    @MKSizzle It is lovely seeing how your sims are growing and the personalities they are developing.
    Adelyn is doing great with the bake sales!
    Sebastien learned to drive too. Wow...growing up.
    Hope the game is behaving now.

@lanlyn Hey, Thanks for the comments. :) I'm trying to make sure there are plenty of hot sims for the guys and gals to pick and maybe have a couple of fights over? hehe

@Mikezumi Thanks for the comments. :) I was so shocked when she rejected the kiss! They are not always predictable that is for sure.

@meerkattime First time I've been nervous about a sim kissing another sim, but it worked the second time. :)

@coco Thanks so much for the comments. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2018

@cravenlesats twin sisters Yang and Yin Quan arrived in Sanctuary with the house he built.
    42260333530_6879cc47ec_b.jpg

This is Yang Quan in her future outfit. She is the 'bad' twin. I put her in the criminal field.
    43357069934_ae5bdb6b3b_b.jpg

This is Yin Quan in hers. She is the good twin. Whatcha want to bet that I put her in law enforcement. :smirk:
    42266671420_32d9e3e290_b.jpg

While I was looking around during the night I found Jared in a cab DRIVING home. @Charlottesmom I promise I did not demote him to cabbie! Sorry the pic is so dark, but, it was nighttime!
    29132577117_e1c32839dd_b.jpg

Cutie Conner was walking along the embankment. Not sure if he had been fishing but he didn't catch any fish as I did peek in his inventory with MC.
    43351112964_87992e4dbd_b.jpg

These lovely ladies are some of the ladies @CravenLestat has given me. I put them in a house together and lets see what kind of trouble they will add to the save. They don't have much money, but scraped enough to rent a place up in the mountains.
    44026977302_0d6fa518bb_b.jpg
    42266671620_b9fcb443b6_b.jpg
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    @polrbear The Urbz was so fun to play back in the day. I had the PS2 version and the Prima game guide which is practically all tattered now from so much reading. I've never played the DS version but it sounds fun! Sort of like the TS2 on Gameboy which followed an alien plot line. That would have been a freaky moment to see the same names pop up again! Keep me updated if you continue playing :smile:
    @bekkasan I wonder how well Yang and Yin get along with each other with them being opposites. Maybe Jared has taken up the criminal career and stole the taxi? :open_mouth: Connor looks so good. I love it when sims autonomously pose like that. Love the new looks for the girls. It's interesting how you have managed to make the clothes from ITF actually look good. Yin's all white outfit looks very futuristic to me. I like how Craven's girls all have different coloured hair, should be easier to tell who's who :tongue:
  • Options
    Tunic626Tunic626 Posts: 66 Member
    I fell out and now I've fallen back in. I'm not going to try to catch up on things this time (sorry all--I'm sure it's good stuff!) but I've seen some great pics on the last page or two!
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    The Chikamori Selfacy

Generation Two

Farewell; My Father

Mornings were always early for the Chikamori family. According to the Canadian Sleep Society (Yes, it's an actual organization dedicated to improving sleep for all Canadians through: support for research, promotion of high quality clinical care, education of professionals and the public, and advocacy for sleep and sleep disorders medicine), getting a full 7-8 hrs of sleep was necessary to be sufficiently well-rested and ready to attack the day. After all, if one didn't sleep well, one didn't perform very well the next day. Greta was definitely a morning person, since she was pretty much the first person up in the morning.
    Screenshot-98.jpgScreenshot-100.jpg And then of course, the later risers trickled into the kitchen; getting their food and sitting down at the dining room table.
    Screenshot-102.jpg Since this was the weekend, Greta and Braden took some time to themselves.
    Screenshot-103.jpg ...and Haruo spent time at the piano...practicing. After all one had to keep one's fingers limber if one wanted to play Bach and other composers.
    Screenshot-105.jpgScreenshot-109.jpg He also took some time to drive some golf balls into the inlet. You know, Haruo, that's going to get rather expensive. You know just how much Titleist balls cost nowadays? A pack of 12 Pro V1 (recycled) balls ends up costing §25.00. New ones are triple the cost. I doubt belugas want to take up golf.
    Screenshot-110.jpgScreenshot-112.jpgScreenshot-113.jpgScreenshot-114.jpg Yasunobu was enjoying a book...when all of a sudden something didn't seem right. It seemed as though he couldn't think and his vision went hazy...
    Screenshot-117.jpg He blinked for a moment to try to clear his vision, but it didn't work, so he got out of his chair...
    Screenshot-118.jpg It seemed as though his heart skipped several beats...and he stared at the wall...across from him; in realization...that his time was over.
    Screenshot-119.jpg There wasn't time for horror or dismay. It was that quick.
    Screenshot-120.jpgScreenshot-121.jpg He barely heard the gasps of horror from his daughter-in-law and grand-daughter-in-law...as he floated...above the floor in his now ethereal form.
    Screenshot-122.jpgScreenshot-123.jpg Yasunobu realized that he'd lived a long life and he was unfazed to meet Grim; there was no protest, there was no begging. He shook Grim's hand...and leapt into the urn. He'd be going to be with Susan.
    Screenshot-124.jpgScreenshot-125.jpg Haruo was too late to see his father disappear...he ended up seeing Grim and the urn. He was absolutely heart-broken.
    Screenshot-126.jpgScreenshot-127.jpg River was devastated too. Her father-in-law was one of the sweetest people that she'd ever known; he was the one that accepted her whole-heartedly into the family and now he was gone. It was with solemn sorrow that they laid him later on that day to his final rest.
    Screenshot-128.jpgScreenshot-129.jpg From now on...Haruo wouldn't be able to consult his father any longer. Any problems that he had, he would have to tackle on his own.
    Screenshot-130.jpgScreenshot-131.jpgScreenshot-132.jpgScreenshot-136.jpg ...and his path was his now...to walk alone with his wife and his descendants by his side. He was now the "patriarch" of the family; the "oldest and the wise one"...the one who others would lay their problems at his feet and hope that he could solve them. And...that was a scary realization.

...and it was then that he realized that the torch had truly been passed down to him...and he wasn't sure if he was ready to hold that torch yet...but well...there was no choice in the matter. Such was the path of life.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @coco- I do that in GTA now, as I beat the story.But A lot of times I go back to the story and replay.Because I love Michael's character.(I'm a sucker for bad boys XD)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top