Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @Silverofdreams30 <3 Thornton's casual attire for the party! oh dear, what a time for the plumbing to go on the fritz. Teenage Ella is a beauty! Looks like Oliver, at least I think it is Oliver, ate his birdie toy.

@Charlottesmom wow...talk about drama! I hope Joe is a light sleeper and will wake up when the flames start burning. >:) I guess Caroline is much more forgiving then me. ::::lights a match:::: o:) I guess a nice quiet divorce is better for the kids though. Adorable picture of Conner in the playpen. lol at kissing death, never would have thought about attacking him with a water balloon though. Sweet pics of Jared and Conner reading. I didn't realize Jared was the older brother until your story.

@Puddinroy I love babies and would love to see baby bird pics when you can. Glad they are all healthy.

@Nikkei_Simmer oh...dag. bummer!!
  • Options
    donnabaileydonnabailey Posts: 683 Member
    Hey everyone, back with more feedback. Must say that I've let myself get really behind, so apologies in advance to anyone I may have missed. I've read and liked everything and given out awesomes to every update. :smile:

@Emily4331 I'm really enjoying your vampires. Your pictures are stunning, I'm not even kidding. You're an ace Sims photographer. I have to admit that Helen maybe scares me just a little. She looks dangerously happy/crazy, like Drusilla from B:TVS. :anguished:

Aww, poor daughters of Dante! They're scarred for life now. :lol:
    Oh haha, no, Leigh is actually Leighton, not his daughter. Thanks to @Charlottesmom and her gender swapped thread, I fell in love with a female Leighton and knew I would put her in a game eventually. I don't usually play the male Leighton, but I bet he produces beautiful daughters.
    OMGosh, a Sims raccoon really starved to death?!?! I thought the game mechanic took care of the wildlife. :cry: Then again I might be thinking of NRAAS SP, which I believe does handle those situations. How sad!
    Oh, yes, I love that song too. I didn't know it by title but once I googled it I recognized it instantly. I had a vinyl copy of
    Bridge Over Troubled Waters as a young person, given to me by my favorite aunt. I treasured it. My ex-husband stole all my albums when we divorced. They "disappeared". :rage: I still miss them terribly. I still miss him too, but my aim is steadily improving. :lol:
    I was never a major fan of Cat Stevens, but I enjoyed his voice.
    Thank you so much for the wonderful comments! :heart:

@Charlottesmom Thank you for the nice comments on the wedding, they most definitely have settled down to some SERIOUS baby-making! :lol:
    I am very much enjoying the new additions to the gender swapping thread. It's always interesting to see what the results may be, good or bad.
    LOL at the goat with your name. That must have been massively irritating. My sister-in-law's goats were spoiled monsters too. They behaved like human babies and were VERY persistent in their efforts to get affection!
    Were you the youngest by any chance? You mention sibling torture, made me wonder. I am the youngest and was abused unmercifully as a child - oh not by my wonderful parents, but by my sisters! :lol:
    Thank you for explaining who is who in your new story. I'm seriously going to paste that paragraph into notepad so I can have a scorecard! I think it will help to know who is actually who. :smile: I'm enjoying the story tremendously.

Ah, that Joe, he's such a dog! His wife has just stormed out in a fury after catching him red handed, and he just shrugs and goes back to dallying with his mistress!
    LOL at the laundry icon over Jenni's head. Maybe she's not in this relationship for the right reasons. "Hmm, if I take Joe from Caroline, I can have a butler and never have to do laundry again!" :lol:
    Holy cow another illegitimate baby! Joe is the founding father of Sunset Valley! Literally! :smiley:
    Oh, Joe. If you don't understand how you keep getting all these kids, I'm afraid no one can help you at this point.
    THIS pic! :lol: Oh, Jared.
    Screenshot-2340_zpsic7tavdd.jpg
    Toddler Connor is stinkin' adorable!
    Poor Jared, he just wants his bully of a big bro to be his friend. :disappointed:
    Great update! :heart:

@TadOlson Thank you, and you're welcome. Great updates! My goodness your Sims are skinny! :astonished:

@Mikezumi It's lovely to see Shannon and Nevan reunited, even if one is from beyond the grave. The pictures are surprisingly sweet and tug at my emotions. :cry: What I wouldn't give to see lost loved ones again! Sims are lucky.
    Aww, I don't think it's that unusual Nevan would brag about his grandchildren to his own son, I do that all the time! My children just roll their eyes. Heaven help them if they don't agree that my grandchildren are perfect! :lol:
    Shay and Nevan are so sweet together! It's obvious how much he loves his grandpa. :smile:
    Gorgeous paintings!

@Nikkei_Simmer Great updates!

@CravenLestat Love the pictures of Amnestria. She was my favorite of your elf girls also. Beautiful! :heart:

@Mazakeen Great updates!

I have to leave off here, I desperately need to go to the store. Be back later with more feedback. Happy simming everyone.
    Appaloosa Plains Townie Makeover Project!

The Claw Machine Diaries Challenge

Though nothing can bring back the hour
    Of splendour in the grass, of glory in the flower;
    We will grieve not, rather find
    Strength in what remains behind
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @mycami21 Thank you!
    Yay more of the family!
    Sakura is like, 'Ew, fairies!' :lol:
    Daww just like his mom!
    Solid perspective painting from Sam!
    LOL I almost forgot how much Sakura and Stephen love shower woohoo! :lol:
    Oh wow! I guess that's werewolf woohoo for ya! :tongue:
    Glad the cops got there in time! D:

@donnabailey Thankies! :3
    Oh gosh! The pic in the bed is painfully sweet!
    WFMEPAF MY BOY DON! :heart: He better get the good gifts! :tongue:
    Leigh and I operate on the same wavelength - oh it's Christmas? WHERE IS PIE?
    Love the name Wyatt! He is an adorable baby...but an even more adorable toddler!
    Definitely going to be Tracey's mini-me when he grows up!
    wyatt12.jpg
    Awwwwww that is so cute!
    Ooh sibling incoming!
    Aww thank you so much! :3 I really appreciate it!
    Hahah! Helen is harmless, I assure you!
    No kidding! I think I've fallen for female Leighton too!
    He did! :( I tried to add him to the family as a pet, but it didn't quite work.
    Gah! Darn ex-husband. :( Ahahahah! Love, "I still miss him too, but my aim is steadily improving." Perfect! :lol:
    Bridge Over Troubled Water is a gorgeous song. Garfunkel's voice was out of this world! :heart:

@Nikkei_Simmer Love the portraits!

@OriginalMara I use that mod too and if I had a dollar for every time they served the food in the wrong spot...I'd have a lot of dollars. :lol:
    Aww! That is really cute, I'll have to try to look for that youtuber at some point!
    You guys are making me need to go on an exchange spree soon! :lol:

@TadOlson Aww but it'd be more fun if people could swim and fish. :tongue:
    Angel and Cory have cute outfits!

@PalmArrow Wow! Yeah, genetics were definitely on his side! He looks great!

@Mikezumi Yeah, with how long music has been around, it has to be the same thing with that!
    There are definitely an incredible number of different vampires. I just hope mine do justice to a more old school type. The regal, beautiful, but evil vampire.
    She is the rare female sim who works with the stronger features. I feel like a lot of your sims' offspring look great! It isn't fair! :lol:
    LOL it looks like Elva is standing on the table!
    I'd be worried if my dad was going for a kick with that much force, too! :lol:
    Willie grew up well!
    Haha! Love Michael's face looking at the poo bag!
    Congrats to Willie and Elva on their engagement!
    What is the red aura around her? :astonished:
    Lol I like how Regan reacted to the flowers, too!
    Ita and Douglas are cute together!
    Aww good on Shay for helping out.
    Love the pics of Maeve learning to walk. :heart:
    Thank you! heheh I think you might be right! :smirk:

@ZhakiraP Haha! Yes, I speaking. :tongue:
    I'm definitely in favor of the coin flip as well. :lol:
    Thank you! I appreciate the kind words! :3

@emorrill I have at least some natural artistic talent, but evolving it takes time and constant drawing which is something I have never been good at doing. :lol: So while my art is better than your average person's, it is still that of a novice compared to full fledged artists.
    Thank you! Haha! Yeah, I'd imagine your modern day Christian is more concerned about the teachings of Jesus than all the Old Testament stuff. I think a lot of Nun's teach it as being irrelevant, in fact. It's pretty funny that this is a situation where the agnostic can teach the Christian about her own theology! :lol: If you ever want to know about a specific story, I can probably fill you in. I've always been a fan of the theological stories and religious works. In that same realm of thought, I adore mythology. :smile: The Book of Revelations has some cool stories in it. Might be weird, one of my favorite characters mentioned is the Wh.ore of Babylon. "And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her 🐸🐸🐸🐸." Like that line is wow. :lol: I love it! I also enjoy the story of Cain and Abel, which I know you're probably familiar with. Though most of my names come from Jewish religious texts - you should totally read them as well. It won't be a threat to your belief as these old Jewish texts and the Old Testament are basically connected. Enoch in the Book of Enoch is the father of Noah, for example. :smile: Also, though they are very high level reading - You should look into The Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri and one of my favorite books: Paradise Lost by John Milton. Paradise Lost can be described as nothing but incredible. Here's an amazing exert from Paradise Lost Book 5, Lines 656-665:
    "Melodious hymns about the sov'reign throne
    Alternate all night long: but not so wak'd
    Satan (so call him now, his former name
    Is heard no more in heaven;) he of the first,
    If not the first archangel, great in power,
    In favour and pre-eminence, yet fraught
    With envy against the Son of God, that day
    Honour'd by his great Father, and proclaim'd
    Messiah, King anointed, could not bear,
    Through pride that sight, and thought himself impair'd."

@CravenLestat Love the new pictures of your elf!
    Hahahaha! Well she is among good company for her creepiness. :tongue:

@Mazakeen A lot of dancing happening this update! :lol:

@Silverofdreams30 I really like Cazy a lot. wingssims has been putting up some good male hairstyles. S-Club...Nighcrawler, Ade_Darma, Leah_Lilith. I think that's all the ones I know the names of! :lol: A lot of the clothes and such on my male sims is store items.
    Thornton can show up half naked any time he wants! :tongue:
    Oh look at my sweet, slumbering prince! :lol:
    Everything is breaking! D:
    Ella is a lovely teen!
    Not just one of my vampires - It's Valdes! Did you change his eye color? Should have some pretty red eyes. :3 The hair you gave him looks pretty good! Glad you were able to replace the missing CC well!
    Love Judy's bikini top!

@bekkasan Thank you! It is a tattoo.

@Charlottesmom I don't believe teen Connor looks bad! Then again, teens can be a bit unfortunate sometimes! :lol:
    I like rats too. :3 Have you read or watched Trinity Blood? The writer, I think, passed away before he could finish it so it ends kind of abruptly, but it is a great vampire anime in which vampires feed on other vampires. :smile:
    Hehe I know she wasn't. :wink:
    Definitely! Poor kiddos. :(
    Haha! Glad you like Adrian! :3 I had fun making him!
    Yeesh. Great parents!
    I'm not sure it's appropriate to scream over the phone with your little toddler in your hand. :lol:
    I feel a little sorry for Joe. It's the same type of sorry I feel for Mia. But when you're a repeat offender, it becomes harder to feel sympathy for them, for sure. :(
    I'm glad they could work things out, but little Connor looks a bit concerned!
    Dawwwww that pic of Connor is the cutest!
    Hehe! Love all the random pics. Cedrick is looking hotsy totsy! Crazy or not! :lol:
    That is such a sweet pic of Jared and Connor! :heart:

@aricarai Great video! Love how the house turned out!
    I think it'd be fun and a nice change of pace to upload Let's Plays every now and then!
    As for longer vs shorter videos - if we're talking about views and things you are far more likely to keep your viewers from start to finish with videos that are shorter. 10 mins I believe is the sweet spot. A little over 10 is okay. 15+ minutes and those videos will typically have viewers go straight to the end without watching the entire video. In general, I would do what works best for you, but if you want to do it in a way that keeps views but also allows the viewers to see your creative process, I would cut your videos up into more parts. For example, this house could've been done in 3 or 4 parts instead of 2. I personally enjoy seeing your creative process as it makes it less of a "look at my talent!" video and more of a "take notes you might learn something video" which I think gives them a nice multi-purpose feel. :smile:
    TL;DR: Let's Plays would be fun, 10-12 ish minute videos are the sweet spot, and I personally enjoy watching your creative process and I think that is what makes videos about builds so fun to watch. :smile:
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    :smiley:

@Silverofdreams30 , What kind of editing did you do? I never edit mine unless they are way too dark then I just lighten them up. ;)
    **I do see some blurring in the pool pictures, was that edited?
    **I need the boys to know that their parents are not perfect...not by a long shot! So they had to hear the fighting. :'(
    **Yup a nice peaceful divorce...but then again maybe not depending on how things go tomorrow...there may be more to scream about! ;)
    **Your Jared is really cute! <3
    **Your Judy really hit the gym!!
    **Your kitty Rando looks exactly like my kitty (in game) Sparkles!!

@Mazakeen , Yup, Joe is in doo doo but then.....tomorrow may hold more surprises...it's going to get crawlier!

@emorrill , Have you not played with Unicorns yet? They are fun until they start breeding out of control!! I started with 2 wound up with 12! :o
    **I still owe you a PM....
    **How did I get those shots..those were taken 2 days ago and Caroline got one of those annoying calls so I started snapping shots figuring I could work it into the story somehow. Today I was looking at my screenshots and a phone call from Bessie popped into my mind, it was sheer luck that Caroline and Joe were wearing their sleepwear when the call came in! I took 184 screenshots today...and only played for a total of about 4 hours.
    **I hope you like tomorrow's update...a big surprise is revealed. Geeze the things I put my Sims through just to ruin Jared's life (tomorrow is not bad though...just questionable....) :/ I never said this was going to be a happy story though.

@aricarai , I didn't realize you posted a video, will watch in a sec...

@CravenLestat , You're not the only one, I posted in Mikezumi's feedback this morning about Elva on the table, it freaked me out when I saw that until I realized she was doing MA...
    **Stoopid Unicorns, mine used teleport all over town! I finally gave up on even trying to fence the little boogers...I only have two in town right now, though I haven't seen Beau and Lotta's Buttercup for awhile....wonder where he is!

@Puddinroy , Congratulations on the healthy babies!!! Kellie is now sitting on three (infertile) eggs...I'll get a picture tomorrow. :)

@MoonandStars83 , LOL!! The drama ain't over yet! It's going to get even worse..... :s;)
    **Glad you game is still behaving! I hate ruining the Eternally Faithful when my Sims get it too.

@Mikezumi ,

Paulo....untouched....he has globs of tattoos!

Screenshot-2021_zpsvqy0mpcp.jpg

Screenshot-2023_zpsdhytaurt.jpg

New hair and eyebrows (I needed the Frio eyebrows), He very much has a Jared vibe going on.

Screenshot-2026_zps5swrzwqk.jpg

**I wrote you a tons of feedback on your comments to me but erased it as I think I was giving away stuff...so I will clamp it up now! ;) These lips are zipped!! :p

@Nikkei_Simmer , I gave you a like for the reboot, because it's not awesome it's horrible! :(

@bekkasan , Stephen did the water balloon with Grim all by himself, I was afraid Grim was going to get mad at him and kill him off!
    **I had always assumed Jared was the younger one till about a year ago when I looked up how many days each had until aging up, it shocked me that Jared was older!

@donnabailey , Well Tracey and Leigh want what did you say 5 kids? They have to get right on that, their first Wyatt is adorable!
    **Actually I'm the oldest out of four, 2 sisters one brother. I was just a very mellow kid so the younger brats picked on me a bit about Becky the goat. In general though we got along great. Sisters can be real poopy heads! I get along splendidly with one and pretty much ignore the other, she's a nightmare...and I typically get along with everyone!
    **I made Joe the dad of Jamie for my S&G...
    **I LOVE that picture of Jared, I have tons of those exactly like that with him as a YA.
    **I have to age up Connor in a few days and I don't want to, I love toddler Connor! <3

@Emily4331 , Maybe teen Connor doesn't look bad but he is totally going through the ugly duckling phase, Jared too but not as bad, he needs to grow into his nose!
    **I was scouring the Manga section of B&N the other day, buying more Black Butler...I may have seen Trinity Blood but I wouldn't bet my life on it.
    **Vampires feeding on other vampires...twisted cannibalism-ish!
    **Sometimes parents make poor choices...Re: Holding Connor while screaming on the phone. :D
    **Good catch! Connor has every right to look concerned...he may know certain things that haven't happened yet, this story is by no means flowers and butterflies......expect bad things.
    **Cedrick is just yummy!! No idea why he is so appealing to me, though I do think his wacky personality has a little something to do with it.
    **I love that shot of Connor and Jared too, they are so flipping cute!

:mrgreen:
  • Options

@lisasc360 Thank you so much for the nice comments. :smile: Looking forward to more of Lisa's adventures!

@PalmArrow Thank you so much for the lovely comments. You're welcome for the link, those chapels are so beautiful. The one I used was made for Appaloosa Plains, but they're all lovely.

@Charlottesmom (part 4)
    Another Connor! So many Connors! :smile: Male Connor! Female Connor! Toddler Connor! My brain just imploded.
    Maybe Agnes was just being neighborly. :)
    I don't think I've ever seen that animation of the kids playing with their feet either. Hmm. Then again mine don't spend too much time in bed except for sleeping.
    Whoa Joe, really? Gonna make the moves on your betrayed wife and then be surprised you got shut down??
    Aww, poor Paulo. He must have found monsters under his bed. :cry:
    Jared doesn't want Connor to starve! So sweet. My favorite is the child/toddler hug, so cute!
    Paulo is such a baby jerk. The apple did not fall from from the paternal tree with him.
    Gee, it's no wonder all the women in Joe's life run from him. He's CRUEL! Poor Bessie.
    (part 5)
    And Joe's only motivation was to hurt her. Joe, you're a pooh head. :angry:
    Oh, how perfect, Paulo and Jared are right there to hear all the sordid details. My mother used to say little pitchers have big ears, and kids understand a lot more than we give them credit for! Especially Paulo, he twigged a long time ago to what is going on.
    Gotta love the Sims and its free range children, gone all day and no one cares as long as they're home by curfew. It actually reminds me of when I was a kid. I'm not too sure most responsible parents will allow that for their children now. What a sad commentary on today's life. :cry:
    It's good that Jared and Paulo got away to spend some time together, hopefully brotherly bonding.
    Oh Joe, you are THE most self-sabotaging Sim ever! :lol:
    It's certainly not hard to see his charms, though. :love:
    Great updates!

@Silverofdreams30 Great update!

@Nikkei_Simmer Great updates! OMGosh ... well, RIP Mayumi! :lol:

@lanlyn I'm so glad your husband's eye surgeries went well. That's wonderful news! :smile:

@Mikezumi The spaghetti and ice cream wish always makes me a little queasy. That just doesn't sound like an appetizing combination to me.
    Aww, poor Dermot, all pruney! :lol:
    Stoopid mascot. :rage:
    Love that labor picture of Michael. I think I made that exact same face LOL. :smiley:
    Oh, labor venting. I have a dim memory of screaming at my ex and verbally threatening to ... de-man him with surgical scissors. There was much laughter from the labor and delivery staff. :lol:
    Maeve is adorable! Oooh, she's evil. That should be interesting!
    Nevan is such a wonderful grandpa! :heart:
    Elva is still gorgeous as a YA. She does look more like Michael, but still unique and not just a female clone.
    I love the spring riders! All my towns have them all over the place haha. They're lovely outside the grocery stores, like the coin operated horses at RL supermarkets.
    Rowan! He's so gorgeous. :love:
    The game can put pregnant Sims into some of the most outlandish outfits imaginable. It's enough to drive you to distraction. Louise looks MUCH better after her makeover!
    Do your active Sims not meet their cousins at school when they're children?
    Great updates!

@ZhakiraP
    ZhakiraP wrote: »
    @donnabailey how do you feel about demon toddlers?
    demon-toddler.jpg?ssl=1&w=450

I feel terrified! THAT is some creepy ... stuff! LOL. Anything I might want to really say would be plummed. :lol: Holy cowbirds.
    Thank you so much for the nice comments! :smile: More on Tracey's family life coming soon.

Going to stop (again) here and try to get an update together. Maybe I'll catch up someday. Happy Simming everyone.

• Options
    OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    @TadOlson -- Luckily for me, the couple of times I've had the social worker come for my pets, I just quit the game and went to an earlier save. No more problems! Or in a pinch, I'll just use MC to max motives, haha.

@emorrill -- I will try. ;)

@Charlottesmom -- Well, sure, when you put it like that! :lol:
    But I'm guessing it'll all make sense in the end. ;)
    Thanks. :) It'll be a totally mystery when Jason ages up what he will look like haha.

@Puddinroy @MoonandStars83 -- Thanks. :)

@Emily4331 -- Yeah, me too, I suppose! I think they eat outside half of the time! I really need to move the stove farther from the slider to the deck...
    Well... I just put Milo the puppy up on the Exchange. :innocent: Will get my new pattern up later.
  • Options

Shortly after Wyatt turned 2, another tiny member of the Porter family appeared. Welcome Wesley.

wesley1.jpg

Tracey enjoyed caring for this baby too.

wesley2.jpg

"Look creator, look what a good Daddy I am!"

wesley3.jpg

Tracey and Leigh made sure that Wyatt didn't feel left out with the new baby in the house. One Saturday they hired a babysitter for Wesley and took Wyatt to the beach.

beach2.jpg

Sometimes Wyatt hung out in his parents bedroom while they relaxed and baby Wesley napped.

familytime.jpg

Their lives were happy and full, and soon Wesley also celebrated a birthday.

wesley4.jpg

Everyone thought he looked much more like Leigh than Wyatt did.

wesley5.jpg

Leigh loved her boys fiercely, but caring for two toddlers was exhausting! Sometimes she couldn't even make it to bed before falling asleep.

leigh1.jpg

The boys loved spending time together playing at the blocks table.

brothers2.jpg
    brothers3.jpg

In the meantime Dogmeat aged to elder.

dogmeat1.jpg
    dogmeat2.jpg
    dogmeat3.jpg

He moved more slowly now and slept more, but he was just as much a well loved member of the family.

And soon Wyatt also had another birthday.

wyatt14.jpg
    wyatt15.jpg
    wyatt17.jpg

Wyatt still adored his little brother.

hug1.jpg

One evening in the fading light of a beautiful sunset, Tracey stood outside gazing at the house he'd built for his family. He marveled at how his life had changed since arriving in Twinbrook. He'd gone from a homeless cra.zy person to a well-respected member of society. So if he was still a little odd, no one seemed to mind. They knew he was a good man and a wonderful father and husband. As he looked at the house he thought, "Not bad for something that started as a 3x3 shelter for the dog."

house2.jpg

Meanwhile inside Leigh was making her way to Tracey to deliver a bit of good news (which has nothing to do with Dogmeat).

leigh2.jpg

Thanks for reading. :smile:

• Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Will make comments soon. Just came out of game and need to upload some pics.

@donnabailey Another adorable toddler! <3 This is going to be a beautiful family!
    wesley5.jpg
  • Options
    Some recent paintings by Shay.
    Love this Totoro one :)
    35149216476_d3e4f4df3c_b.jpg
    35059012391_c6b5c32222_b.jpg
    34344833114_30cb76faa4_b.jpg
    One of Nevan's recent masterpieces :)
    35149214406_acc8453926_b.jpg
  • Options
    When I was giving makeovers to the birthday townies, I was thrilled when I saw Shannon's nephew, Colby, had grown up so well! He's descended from Eddie Star, Jason Adams and my gender-switched Ian Somerhalder so is the product of good genetics! :)
    35059105431_07ced88ba7_b.jpg
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @xoxoXD -Hi there!It sounds like you had fun.
    @PalmArrow -Great picture!
    @Mikezumi -I used to not have any CC or Mods though I do have all kinds including sliders.I did use some to touch up the sims.
    @emorrill -I had to become my own hairstylist when the one I used to go to kept goofing up and giving the same cut to me long after I lost interest in it.
    @Emily4331 -Great pictures!Thanks for the comment.
    @CravenLestat -She looks like a great sim.She could make the game more exciting.
    @Mazakeen -Great update!
    @king_of_simcity7 -It looks like you've got your hands full.
    @bekkasan -Thanks for the comment.It's for the warmer weather pattern.
    @Silverofdreams30 -Great update!I don't think I could get wild parties like that with my town's tiny population.
    @Charlottesmom -Thanks for the comment.Great update!
    @Puddinroy -Thanks for the comment.
    @MoonandStars83 -That's great to hear.
    @Mikkei_Simmer -That's not good.I have a replacement for the free vacation.It's to use a community lot built for sims to stay over for a few days like Garden House as the vacation spot.
    @donnabailey -They're built a little like me.I had to use custom sliders to get them skinny enough.They could be skinny because of a food shortage or it's natural for them.Great update!
    @OriginalMara -I've had the social worker take pets away when the game made my sims adopt too many and the pets were added to the adoption pool unlike children who get object deleted.
    Here's my Deery Meadows update below.
    Deery Meadows,Maine-Spring-1623.
    Eli and Ami Jankowsky were both up and getting ready for the day early on that spring morning.
    34199445624_f3a70764bb.jpg
    They tended the daily chores after breakfast as it started to get light out.
    34911516351_09e3657859.jpg
    They both spent most of the morning working on their paintings as the ice cream cart began it's patrols around town.
    34232685593_289f660224.jpg
    They began getting ready for work at about noon and were just leaving by 3PM.
    34879138942_2ff44f7257.jpg
    They got home from work by 7:30 and started getting ready for bed right after arriving at home.
    34879135552_0627231066.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,135 Member
    Hey everyone :)

So I just spent ALL afternoon finally getting the courage to...
    color my hair!!! :p
    I did purple highlights! It's still BOLD looking right now, but after a few washes it will look just the way I want it. Wish I could share a pic, but ya'll know the rules. ;)

Now to catch up on everyone's posts...

@Mikezumi Wow, sounds busy! ;)
    Looks like a Giant Elva standing on the dinner table! :lol:
    Love the poo face and poo bag pics! :lol:
    Awww Willie and Eva. <3
    *Hey, it's a good thing your SS is always happy. :)
    *Cue a comment from @CravenLestat about Celine......
    *Awww, Douglas giving Ita flowers. <3 Cute date!
    **Maeve doesn't look too interested in Shay teaching her to talk. ;):p
    **You always capture the cutest toddler walking shots. <3
    **Good gosh Willie has a nice chest! :love:
    **I'm always as happy as Ita when I learn a new song. :blush:

@Emily4331 Wow! Gadreel's hair! Fiery!
    *Wow. Very insightful. :star: Truth be told I am not so much familiar with the Old Testament because...I was always reading the Book of Mormon growing up (we do teach from the Old and New tesaments in church though, I just preferred to read the B of M in my personal time :) ).
    I've always been a fan of the theological stories and religious works.
    ^It's awesome that you educate yourself about other religions. :) And by saying that am I to understand that you have read the B of M also? ;):p Not trying to have religious discussion, was just curious. ;)

@Silverofdreams30 Don't you worry...I will take care of my Sam. <3
    *Almost nekkid Thornton!? I approve! :love: OMGosh him laying passed out on the floor with his peck sticking out like that...yum! <3
    :lol:
    Sleeping kitties! <3
    Ella is a beautiful teen. :)
    **BEAUTIFUL photo of Snowy trimming her claws! <3
    ***Jared dancing on the counter! :lol:

@charlottesmom Thank you for the comments back. <3 Yes, I think you do owe me a long PM. ;) Actually, I might owe you one as well. :p
    I plan on getting more Sam out soon...I just gotta piece together what all I want to have happen next. :) (Plus I have to add some new poses to my game...I don't keep them all in at once because they tend to cause lag... *sigh*)
    *Woah, heated discussion! :worried: Joe is in deep poo poo now!
    *Oh boy...how much of that will the boys understand???
    *Like I said earlier, the phone call poses were AWESOME! :star:
    **Oh yay, oh yay, more story!!! :mrgreen: (Man I wish I could crank out my Sam updates as quick as you do ;) )
    **I'm glad Caroline asked Joe about Bessie, even though it would be hurtful. Communication in a marriage is SO important!
    **Wow, sounds like they came up with a good plan. Nice to see that they could be civil about it and yeah, Caroline really COULDN'T blame Joe for being in love with someone else when she is too.
    **Connor looks sad...and cute in his dad's arm in that picture. <3
    **Caroline shouting at him to call her! :lol:
    **AWWWW! Super cute parting shot of Connor! <3
    ***Noted! ;) And you know what, Cedric and Odessa would really make a cute couple imo. ;) Maybe it's because their hair color is the same. :p
    ***Bebe doesn't look half bad as a dude! :lol:
    ***Caroline is just kissing everyone isn't she? :lol:
    ***Grim getting hit with a water balloon! AH! :lol: HILARIOUS!
    ***Jared reading to Connor. <3
    ****I've played with unicorns, just not as often as everyone might think... :confused: I need to have Sam visit his unicorn friends soon. :)
    ****Oh I can't WAIT to read more! :smiley: (Even though it may be sad...)

@CravenLestat Wow...that IS a long way! :astonished: Completely across town! That's one awesome unicorn! <3:star:
    *Oh lol! :lol: You saw Elva on the dining table too!
    ** :astonished: You tagged me in a video! Awwww! You are so sweet! <3 I LOVED IT!

@Puddinroy Hey there! :) Long time no see. Thank you.

@Simanite Awww, thanks for the compliment on the thread. :blush:

@Nikkei_Simmer
    oh_boy.jpg

So your game glitches when the parents go on vacation??

@donnabailey Awww, look at wittle Wesley! <3
    "Look what a good daddy I am" pic! I LOVE it! :lol:
    Darn the cross-eyed kid look. :confounded: Though he is a cutie. <3
    He DOES look more like Leigh!
    Aww, Dogmeat is getting old. :( Cute pics of his age up.
    OMGosh Wyatt hugging Wesley! So stinking adorable! <3
    The house is beautiful! :star: And Tracey sure has come a long way! ;)
    Lemme guess, Leigh is pregnant again?? :mrgreen:
    Oh dear, I think I owe you a PM...

@TadOlson Lol! I see. :lol:

Caught up! Need to turn in for the night though. SO tired after not sleeping well last night. :( Happy Simming my friends.
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    Full replies some other time, but quickly:
    @emorrill I will message a reply since we are going a bit off topic! :smile:
  • Options
    Nevan, Brogan and Michael 5x5

Day 247 - Part 1

Brogan got Maeve up and ready for the day. It should have been Michael's turn but Brogan had the most Maeve wishes ;)
    34345056944_a19f2d0f5f_b.jpg
    Although I was anxious to get Elva and Willie out of the house, I took my time as the day got a lot easier once the kids had gone to school. I indulged them by granting a few wishes and letting them have some quality alone time. The only time I stopped them was when they were heading to the hottub for woohoo. If Willie is going to be shy and shoo my sims he is not allowed to use the hottub while under my roof!
    35149407886_e81de30bfa_b.jpg
    Nevan wanted to take a photo with a friend and of course his wish is my command ;)
    34345055244_fb9336a312_b.jpg
    Shay wanted to train with the dummy. There was time before the school bus was due and he could certainly do with the training ;)
    35149404266_7213a0d888_b.jpg
    Elva had a couple of Maeve wishes. I love the dark/light contrast between the sisters :)
    35189667615_a00d01de40_b.jpg
    My toddler gnome aged up to teen and the teen to adult. The buydebug gnome is hanging with the others so all is well with my gnome family :)
    35149401246_6310141df7_b.jpg
    Because I had the wedding arch set up inside, I had to put the play pen on the deck. I was a little concerned as it was next to the science machine and Nevan was doing some experiments ;)
    35059235871_e17161c71b_b.jpg
    He did fail but not badly so Maeve didn't get exposed to radioactive mist :p
    35149398836_125b1be0b9_b.jpg
    Michael wanted to take Maeve for a stroll. He had a little trouble getting her out of the play pen ;)
    35059231911_fec3543a3d_b.jpg
    Nevan wanted to play a game with Brogan so they were off to play catch while Michael and Maeve went for their stroll :)
    35024378112_7352a396b6_b.jpg
    34380165173_a5fd4aa6bc_b.jpg
  • Options

Day 247 - Part 2

Once all the chores were done and many wishes granted, it was time for Willie and Elva to tie the knot. Willie looks a little unsure about the haste ;)
    35024373332_65f82cb681_b.jpg
    Love Nevan's face as he strolled in to watch the wedding :) He often has a sad face but these days I catch him smiling a lot :)
    35024372172_d46d54df2a_b.jpg
    Michael is not coping with the thought of losing his first born! :p
    35059221091_b51035eba2_b.jpg
    Grandpa Nevan shed tears of joy :)
    35024369052_c96031a606_b.jpg
    35059217651_25d6d38cb3_b.jpg
    35024366482_0fbca539df_b.jpg
    Brogan chose to watch the wedding from the dining table. I didn't catch his reaction because I was concentrating on what was happening closer to the arch.
    34345030424_edb818ea8f_b.jpg
    35024363852_ca20df428b_b.jpg
    35149383296_2e704ea99a_b.jpg
    Brogan came a little closer to throw rice but sims don't usually cry at this stage in the proceedings.
    35059208001_cd2d9542fb_b.jpg
    Michael and Nevan watched each other throughout this part of the celebration. In my mind, Michael was telling Nevan that he had made this grandchild for him and Nevan was saying that he approved :)
    35149378456_e2b359af65_b.jpg
    35059204621_e3a6e80b2a_b.jpg
    The newlyweds went straight from the arch to the bed! I was tempted to intervene and have them try for baby but I won't rush them :)
    35149372176_f03db15d5d_b.jpg
    I tried to move them into the house that Derry and Shane lived in as it is now empty but for some reason it wouldn't work so they had to settle for this house until I worked out what was wrong. Later in the day they moved again :)
    35189643655_3214912ff9_b.jpg
  • Options

Day 247 - Part 3

A manageable household at last! After I moved Elva and Willie into their new home I found Brogan dancing while Nevan sketched :) Michael was breaking space rocks.
    35149365246_b52c2cd9a9_b.jpg
    Grandpa Nevan had some fun with Maeve :)
    35149362756_e8162a2e3e_b.jpg
    I can't clear the gems fast enough! If Michael's not producing them, Brogan is!
    34345012424_b53b023896_b.jpg
    Michael had a wish to tickle Maeve and that led to a wish to put her on the spring rider :)
    34345010814_490be80b27_b.jpg
    Fish and chips for dinner! I did this because the teens don't know the recipe and I wanted to try to get one of them to roll a wish to learn the recipe. Shay did and I gave him a copy of the recipe from the bookcase :)
    34345009074_32fa0e788f_b.jpg
    After dinner, Brogan took Maeve for a stroll. The wish had been locked in since morning.
    34345007994_dae7da7451_b.jpg
    When he got back, he and Michael watched the house :)
    34380132743_1445df24b0_b.jpg
    Nevan had been playing computer games and I wanted him to go to bed with a full social bar so I had Michael chat with him while Brogan put Maeve in her crib.
    34345004884_f3e7daa506_b.jpg
    Jordan showed up about an hour before I closed my game. I triggered Cliff's arrival as well but when I went looking for them I found Jordan in the sauna while Cliff was haunting various objects around the lot.
    34803059670_c339bb0689_b.jpg
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    @Mikezumi , So they were in Christopher's house for part of a day? ;)
  • Options
    @Charlottesmom They were, but Christopher met his maker long before the family moved into this version of SV so it was never really his ;)
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,433 Member
    THE CHIKAMORI LEGACY Reboot #2. :(

Used the description tool in Edit Town on the property.

Mayumi, the evil matriarch of the Chikamori family, ruling with an iron fist, gets her poiont across by physical and mental coercion which kept her son Haruo and her husband, Yasunobu cowed. When her only son married the daughter of Fiona McIrish; River became the opposing force against her new mother-in-law. Will the Chikamoris be able to protect their fortune and keep their legacy going. And will River stay the innocent when the reins of matriarch of the Chikamori family are placed in her hands. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    Page 1583 cont.

@Charlottesmom You need to get your husband to go away more often! ;)
    Always good to see Morty :)
    Odessa's work clothes definitely are not her! LOL
    So which upset you most, Caroline kissing Thornton or Thornton being a merman? ;)
    Male Bebe is very cute! I remember years ago that Bebe had some really cute sons in one of my saves :)
    Cedric is a hoot! and totally adorable :)
    He's a little less muscular than I like but I do like his androgynous quality :)
    Caroline's a goer! LOL
    I know you like your boys furry but I like mine smooth :p
    Stephen and Grimmy! :o LMAO
    Jared and Connor! <3
    Thanks for the pic of Paulo! I can see he has great potential :)

@Nikkei_Simmer Sorry to read about your save :( I know it doesn't help you, but it is a good habit to get into. I do a save as at least once a sim day, sometimes as many as 3 or 4 depending on what has happened.

@donnabailey Thanks for the lovely comments :)
    I am with you there! I would so love to see my loved ones again even if only long enough to let them know how much I love and miss them :'(
    LOL I can just see you being the proud grandma!
    It's fun to see which sims gravitate towards each other. Not that anyone dislikes anyone but Shay and Nevan get on famously! I also like to see who the teens wish to be BFF with when they wake. Poor Ita wished every day to be BFF with Elva but Elva never wished it so it didn't happen. Whereas the day after Shay aged up, Elva was wishing to be his BFF. He also wished to be hers but I wouldn't allow it since I felt it would be a kick in the teeth to Ita.
    Thanks for more lovely comments :)
    At least I have a mod that stops the Mascot from coming to the house!
    I didn't threaten my hubby what de-manning but I swore like a sailor (not that is much different from any other day) ;)
    When my boy was little I couldn't go past a ride outside a store without putting him on! I also love the spring riders in the game :)
    I recently installed some default replacement clothes from Late Night and University Life so my pregnant females would have a bigger choice of clothes but they still get it terribly wrong LOL
    I have two schools in the town so if the cousins don't attend the same school they don't meet.
    Congrats on the birth of Wesley! Both boys have wonderful names :)
    Tracey does look very proud of his daddy skills! :)
    Wesley is adorable and very different to Wyatt <3
    Poor Dogmeat :( Don't let him die!
    Wyatt looks great as a child and I love the pic of him hugging Wesley :)
    The house looks great! Tracey is right to be proud of how far his life has come :)
    More baby news?

@TadOlson Thanks :) Great update :)

@emorrill Thanks for the lovely comments :)
    Trust you to notice Willie's chest!
    My SS is probably happy because she has seen so many sims die of old age and she is still there ;)

@Emily4331 Thanks for the lovely comments :) I won't say that all my sims are beautiful but I like to think that I am good at presenting them. It's amazing what the right hair/brows will do for a sim!
    I can't say what type of vampires I am most in to. I have read so many books over the years and have come across many types of vampires. Perhaps the really scary, ugly ones are more to my taste when I want to read a scary book and the pretty, androgynous ones when I want to read something romantic :)
    The red aura comes with reaching the top of the criminal career. Celine is the Emperor of Evil :)
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,215 Member
    @Mikezumi Maeve is such a cute toddler, great updates i hate the shooing out of bathroom thingy.
    thank you the game refused to stop saving so have had to restart 3 times now hate when it happens.

@Charlottesmom Thornton is gorgeous in your game nice with a kiss hehe.
    I jsut too lightened up the photos as they were dark and added deept of field so it got a bit blurry in the background.

@Emily4331 Thank you for the name suggestions I know cazy and love their stuff, will check out the other people.
    Yeah I just tested a cc eye on him abd the hair was ok as I did not had the original one hehe. Yeah he can come half naked to my parties
    when he wants too haha.

@Charlottesmom Thank you, yeah Jared just jumped up there dancing,
    Connor was more on his own reading or playing games lol. the cat by the pool was just a random cat
    I saw there not a stray as it had a name. Ohhh good looking sim.

@donnabailey Such a cute baby, great update Tracey seem good with kids.
    ahhh hcute toddlers wyatt and wesley.

@emorrill Thank you, yeah they do have a pool in the backyard so I wonder if
    Thornton just went and had a swim there during party lol.

@TadOlson parties can be fun hehe thank you

• Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @donnabailey I enjoyed the update. Wesley is adorable. He does favor Leigh. Wyatt is a cutie as a child. Dogmeat is an elder! The house is gorgeous and love the porch. oooOOOooo Good news! Maybe a little girl this time?

@Mikezumi Cool paintings. Colby is very handsome. Enjoyed the updates. Maeve is just adorable. Congrats on the wedding. They are a cute couple. Michael's face is priceless! Glad Grampa Nevan approves. Jordan is so cute playing in the sauna!

@TadOlson ah, looks like you have some little chicks. I do like the chicken coop.

@emorrill Congrats on doing your hair. Would love to see it, but, yeah, rules.

@Nikkei_Simmer Awesome description
  • Options
    lovingreds001lovingreds001 Posts: 19 Member
    Sigh... This makes me want to play again... I miss the open world so much.
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @Karritz , I knew about gravestones and toilets revealing hidden things in tombs, but I didn't know about the water taps! I wonder what I've missed! Your China video made me feel nostalgic about tomb exploring. I need to return to one of my saves with an explorer sim as soon as possible!

@donnabailey , Wyatt is adorable! I love his bright green eyes. Wesley is cute too! I love the two of them playing at the blocks table together.

@Emily4331 , I love the Thorn family! Sarielus is a very handsome grandfather. Margaret is intriguing and scary!

@Mikezumi , little Maeve is so adorable! In Elva and Willie's engagement picture it looks like Elva is wearing pink roses on her head. I know it's accidental, but they go very well with her skirt! Ita and Douglas are so cute on their date. Colby looks great! The wedding is lovely, but LOL at Micheal's face! :smiley: Nevan's reactions to the wedding were adorable.

@Mazakeen , I loved the pictures of Mazakeen meeting the turtle, and dancing!

@Silverofdreams30 , wow, that party really was pure chaos! Hilarious pictures.

@Charlottesmom , I loved the dramatic confrontation between Caroline and Joe, especially the pictures in which Caroline is holding little Connor and he just has this round-eyed bewildered expression. Poor little Connor! How nice that Caroline was able to forgive Joe - I don't think I would!
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,931 Member
    edited June 2017
    @PalmArrow thanks for the comment. Im glad you enjoyed the video on China. I was thinking I'll have to try to do another video soon. I've not had time to do much new game play over the past few days.

I only know of one tap that seems to give extra info and it's in Egypt in a house. There could be others but I don't tend to use them all. It just gives extra info to help you solve the puzzles to come in the tomb that's below that house. Toilets are often useful for doing all sorts of useful things.

I hope you enjoy your proposed foray into World Adventures.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top