May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,340 Member
    @CravenLestat, OMG, I'm trying so hard not laugh too hard as I am in bed reading your comments about my SS dropping the sim that she was helping do a keg stand.... :s
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @Mazakeen Glad to hear the game is going better. Gorgeous pics of your sims all dressed up for graduation.

@Karritz Bummer you are having trouble with that opportunity. Hope you get it figured out. I had one that glitched because the intended recipient was dead :weary:

@CravenLestat Sorry your dives are not very productive, but, the love life is blossoming! :) Your video is awesome, just played it and hubby is now singing bow, chicka wow wow to me. :) Your a trouble maker!!! <3 , hehe. Does you rules ever allow you at any point to get a job or change from dumpster diving to hunting for gems or painting to make money?

@venusdemilosims So sorry about the drive. Hope it is fixable. Well, guess it might not be, or will be too expensive. Am so sorry. I did take mine and put it back on the shelf after you posted what happened to yours.

@Silverofdreams30 Love the kitty pics! They are so cute. I miss Pets!...and uni....and seasons....and IP....and ITF.....and whatever else is still missing. :) I like Sandi's new look...bet Adam does too. :) Beautiful wedding!

@lisasc360 I enjoyed the update. JD sure was watching you while y'all were dancing. Maybe he followed you to the cafe.

@Cororon Glad you are feeling better.

@king_of_simcity7 great news! congrats! oh...well daggum it!!

@Emily4331 I think your gumshoe is cute! aw...sweet proposal for a grumpy dude. :)

It's been a busy day today with work, and no time to play, but, just finished reading all the post and hope I did not miss anyone. I took this cute pic the other day of my twins. Hope it makes y'all smile. I think they are adorable and they do make me smile. :) Happy simming. Gotta work this weekend too, but maybe will get some play time.
    34498841512_8c53253d00_z.jpg
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,135 Member
    Emily4331 wrote: »

Simon got some new duds courtesy of @emorrill !
    fdmvm4i.jpg
    I did recolor it later, though, because I think Simon looks better in the darker colors.

@Emily4331 He looks very sharp. :) And you're very welcome for the gifts. <3
    Ah! They are getting married! <3 So cute!!! I am anxious to see how their kids will look. :)

@CravenLestat Did I already tell you that I am loving reading posts of your gameplay?? And your latest update with the added captions, SO funny! :lol:

@venusdemilosims Oh hun I am so so sorry to hear that. :cry: Ugh, that would frustrate me to no end and make me sad too. {{{{Hugs}}}}
    (By the way, we had a fun childhood ;) Class of 2003 here! :p:star: ).

@Nikkei_Simmer and @charlottesmom I am debating on sharing MY computer specs to see what everyone thinks! :p

I really need to work on Sam's update tonight and see if I can get it posted. (I've been finishing up proofreading the Holland Family: Next Generation story on my blog. :) )

***If you haven't checked out my blog, head on over by clicking here <3

Happy Simming friends!
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    @Charlottesmom I'm sorry I'm late! Happy Birthday!

Today (5/19) is my son's 25th birthday. Great folks are born in May!
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    It seems like internet is too slow today.
    @emorrill -I've ended up distracted with videos instead of playing my game a few times.
    @Emily4331 -I move extra saves out to a spare saves folder and do the same with old screenshots when that folder starts filling up.I've got Russian ancestory and take after those ones mostly.I love cold weather and hate summer as I burn insanely easily.Great pictures!Great update!
    @mikzumi -Great pictures!Thanks for the comment.They're still building their houses and haven't got them big enough for babies yet as they just moved in fairly recently and they're also still saving up their money.
    @Silverofdreams30 -Great update!I make babies wait about 60 days to be aged up and toddlers wait about 120 days before they become children.
    @bekkasan -Thanks for the comment.
    @CravenLestat -Great update!Great video!It linked to Youtube this time.
    @ZhakiraP -I'm playing TS2 style rotational play as I've been doing for almost four years with NRaas Mods and my customized settings.I lost three saves to corruption when sims got deleted from them on my by the social workers.
    @donnabailey -It did look like it was glitching badly yesterday.I've had that happen before and it's awful when it does happen.
    @plushtrap_107 -That would be possible with all three parts of that new patch installed like I've got in my games.I can just send them to bed using the toddler mats.
    @venusdemilosims -You might need a technician to try to salvage the files from that hard drive for you though it would cost money.
    @lisasc360 -I still remember the fights over Cabbage Patch Kids and hearing about in in the news or reading about it in the papers.Great update!
    @MoonandStars83 -I would just run lousy graphics and have the game working well with my Mods if that's what I had to do to play Modded.Your other choice might be to practice building while without Mods since playing Modless is about impossible without saves glitching out or getting corrupted.
    @king_of_simcity7 -Great pictures!It looks like the forum is still glitching.
    @lanlyn -I use almost all of the NRaas Mods to fix my game.
    @Cororon -It's summer time that I dread because I usually end up getting sick in the summer.
    @Charlottesmom -I let them stay up until the time their work shift would've ended though it was a weekend.I got the laptops from TSR in a set.
    @OriginalMara -I used to open my game with the launcher though not anymore.
    @msbeckycat -That sounds like what my 100 baby challenge families are doing with their houses.
    @MagicPiggyPigg -Hi there!It sounds like you had fun.
    Here's my family getting the paper delivered by the paper carrier at about 7:30 in the morning.
    34632527931_831f092faf_c.jpg
    Here's how my sims store their painting easels thanks to a Mod making them portable.
    34632524351_56bd085ea2_c.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    edited May 2017
    @emorrill -- I was just thinking the same thing, re: computer specs. :lol: (I actually just open my Control Panel to look :lol:)

Mine's three years old (well, a bit more) and I think pretty decent. Most things run perfectly fine on it. I mean, these are all games older than my computer!
    The only thing is that I have kind of gotten into ARK: Survival Evolved, and that is such a huge CPU hog... takes forever to load. And sometimes it's jumpy when I do get in. Just not sure I want to buy another 8 RAM just for one game I occasionally play. :lol:

Mine is not a gaming computer, for sure.

EDIT:

Too lazy to screen shot, so I'll just link to it! This is my computer. I call him Compy III.
    Running on Windows 8.1.

Had to get III when II died back in 2013. Motherboard shorted out. :( Had Compy II since 2005. Still have the hard drive with my old Sims 1 saves on it. :lol:
    Original Compy was a c.rappy old one I used in college. Was probably ten years out of date. Liked the BSOD and restarting itself on its own.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Alrighty everyone, I present: The next chapter in Sam's story!! :smiley:

I gotta admit I am really trying to hurry this leap up, but.....after some thought, I felt I should write in a certain event (that you'll read here soon) in the story for various reasons. I think you all will be able to figure it out. ;)

Anyway, enjoy! <3

The Voice in the Night

Each day got better and better for Thornton (Sam) and Morgana Wolff. The little things they did together as "boyfriend and girlfriend" did indeed bring them closer together and especially allowed them the opportunity to get to know each other in a way that they weren't able to before. There was never a quarrel between them about anything. No doubt it was a divinely inspired idea.

Sam was now almost three weeks into this leap and he couldn't help but think often of his beloved Donna and friends back home in Hidden Springs. Even though he felt confident that Emma had eased everyone's fears about where he'd gone, especially Donna's, he couldn't help wondering if his long absence was beginning to greatly worry Emma. It was certainly worrying him. If only I had a way to reach her! he thought wishfully. If only I could reach ALL of them! He prayed every night religiously to be returned to Hidden Springs. He tried to accept the fact that he might not...but hope was something he never stopped holding out for. No matter how slim the chances.

One afternoon Sam and Al had a nice chat, mostly about Sam's success in changing Thornton's way of thinking and reaching Morgana's heart. Sam concluded their conversation with, "Al, have Ziggy run a prediction on my chances of returning to Hidden Springs."
    The request caused Al's brow to furrow. "What if the result is not what you want to hear?" he asked his friend.

SBSV_Al_1.jpg

"Just do it Al, please!" Sam ordered, pressing on his eyes with his fingers, trying to hold back his emotions. Al's concern certainly didn't go unnoticed and he appreciated it. "I can handle the result," he assured him.
    Al pursed his lips and nodded. "Ok, kid."

The next morning Morgana woke up bright and early, just like she always did before heading to work.

SBSV_random_2.jpg

She drew herself a bubble bath and spent more time relaxing in it than she really should have. Life was just so great! She never felt happier.

SBSV_Morgana_bathing.jpg

Then, under sulking, she dragged her feet out of the delightful bath, dried herself off, went back into the bedroom and got dressed for work.

SBSV_random_3.jpg

While studying herself in the mirror Morgana thought about how the blue on the EMT suit really wasn't her color and then she heard a light snore from Thornton (Sam) in the background. Her eyes shifted over to him, while still gazing in the mirror and her first thought was how cute he looked resting there. Her second was, Why do I feel like that is a completely different man lying there in our bed?

SBSV_random_4.jpg

I mean, not that I am complaining, but...what was it that inspired such a change of heart in him? Was it really God? Because I caught him praying the other night and Thornton has never been religious! Well...at least...not that he's ever revealed to me. It's just, she paused, looking back at herself again, it's a miracle! For the first time in many, many years, Morgana uttered a small prayer to God, thanking Him for actually caring about her and their future.

The date Sam and Morgana had on this night was indulging in a Lobster Thermometer dinner prepared by Mr. Potter and...a scary movie (at Morgana's request).

"I've been trying to get you to watch this one for months!" Morgana exclaimed as they headed upstairs, hand in hand, to their theater nook. "Remember?"
    Sam grinned. "Suuure I do."

The movie didn't start out scary, it was actually surprisingly sad...

SBSV_movie_date_4.jpg

The story sucked Sam right in. Morgana glanced over at him thinking, I knew he'd like it.
    But then things really began to intensify and the creepier and the scarier it got!

SBSV_movie_date_3.jpg

Seeing that Morgana was equally terrified, Sam piped up, "So, why do we have two separate chairs in here? Shouldn't we have a sofa in case...I dunno...one of us wants to cuddle with the other?"
    "My dear Thornton are you admitting that you're scared?" Morgana teased.
    "No," Sam immediately answered. "I was simply asking for your sake."
    "Oh really? Do I look frightened to you?" She grinned, through hiding a bit of trembling.
    "Truthfully, yes!"
    Morgana shot him a look and once she did, the two of them began to laugh. They weren't fooling each other.

SBSV_movie_date_2.jpg

That night in bed, Sam's dream showed him flash backs of the many different places he visited and his experiences there while leaping around through time.
    (PERFECT example video here! Just watch it! :p )
    The joy, tears, pain and lessons he learned in those adventures triggered many deep emotions. So much so that sweat dripped from his brow even though the room was cold and light tears crept around his eyelids. Then, he saw a few flashbacks of his time in Hidden Springs and that pulled on his heartstrings the most. He turned onto his side, squinting his eyes and moaning, but still dreaming. He must've called out to God or someone because he heard a voice speak to him:

Sam?

Sam then found himself standing in an empty area, glancing around only to see smoke surrounding him. A faint light shone above, but he couldn't see it's source. Sams_dream_5.jpg

Sam. The voice addressed again.

"Yes?" Sam answered, still looking around. "Who are you?" He did happen to recognize the voice as the one who addressed him days before when he first leaped into Sunset Valley.

Silence permeated the smoky, barren room for a few minutes as the voice responded depressingly, Oh my son...how could you forget my voice?
    Son? Sam thought, then his eyes widened as he very much DID recognize that voice! "Dad!?" he cried.

Sams_dream_1.jpg

He threw himself around in circles, glancing every which way he could, trying to find his father. "Dad? Is that really you?"
    It is Sam, John Beckett replied.
    "How!?"
    I am not at liberty to say, John informed, but I have been granted this visit to you and I don't have very much time.
    Tears slid down Sam's cheeks. The love for his father always ran deep and being able to hear his voice again after so many years...
    "Granted?" Sam asked. He looked around longingly again. "Please dad, can't I at least see your face?"
    Sam I have only been sent here to provide you comfort. To tell you that your worries and desires have not gone unheard.
    Thinking deeply, Sam's forehead wrinkled from the effort. "Did God grant you the ability to speak with me?"
    Sam listen, John implored with a pause. No more questions. Listen to the voice of your father.
    Sam pursed his lips and did just that.

They are alright.
    There was silence. "What do you mean?" Sam asked.
    Your friends. The ones who are so dear to you, they are alright.
    Sam nodded. That was certainly good to know.
    Granted there is concern among them about your well being, John continued, but they remain hopeful.
    "Are you referring to Donna? Emma? Liam? All of them over in Hidden Springs?"
    They are the ones who are dear to you are they not?
    Sam looked down with a smile. Oh how he loved hearing the frankness in his father's voice. "Yes, they are," he replied, looking back upward. "But they aren't as dear to me as mom and Katie and Tom." He felt immediate remorse for not thinking about them in months.

Sams_dream_3.jpg

They are living life as well as the can, considering their losses.
    Sam lowered his head sadly. "You and me," he said. He figured that if he could see his father's face, he'd be nodding.
    And Donna is surviving too.
    Head shooting upward again, Sam asked, "My wife?"
    Indeed. Her heart will heal in time, but she is being taken care of.
    That was a relief, but Sam couldn't help wondering, "Is she happy though dad?"
    She will be.
    Heart aching for his past love, Sam wished for her to become happy again...very soon.

I must leave you now Sam.
    "What!?" Sam cried, turning around in circles again, but only looking up. "Wait dad. Don't go! There's so much more I want to ask! I--"
    Samuel, do not lose faith in the great work that you are engaged in.
    "I try! But Dad will it ever end!? I can't do this forever!"

Sams_dream_4.jpg

Samuel, John addressed again, know that the desires of your heart never go unnoticed. No matter what lies ahead, no matter what hardships you are asked to bear, you are always being watched over. And you'll be protected.
    It was certainly comforting to hear but, "Dad! I know..., but please...stay with me!"
    And I am watching over you.
    "I've never doubted it!"
    I love you son.
    Sam fell down to his knees. There was no stopping it. He buried his face into his hands and sobbed, "I love you too dad!"

Sams_dream_2.jpg

The light above Sam dimmed and the smoke swirling around him swooped in rapidly and Sam Beckett awoke with a start.

For a long time, until the sun started to rise, Sam stood in the same spot near the bed, never moving, completely lost in his thoughts and what he experienced in that dream.

SBSV_After_park_6.jpg

Realizing that Morgana was due to awake soon, Sam rubbed at his forehead with both forefingers, trying to calm his mind so he could get back to reality. He stepped toward the large windows overlooking the sea. He pressed a hand onto the glass, taking in the beauty of the sun rising. The tears came back, but this time they were tears of joy. Despite all the questions he still had, despite the frustration from leaping around the universe and the sorrow he felt over never seeing his family again, he smiled. Because his dad's words really did provide him the comfort and reassurance that he so desperately needed. The fact that his father mentioned the well being of his friends from Hidden Springs gave him the hope that he just might return.

SBSV_After_park_7.jpg

:mrgreen:
    Post edited by emorrill on
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    edited May 2017
    @OriginalMara to be fair, RAM isn't the only thing a game needs to run smoothly. The computer has to be all around powerful enough to run it.

I would imagine one of your biggest problems is the integrated graphics. They just, by nature, won't be powerful enough. I'd imagine your computer wishes for the sweet release of death when you play The Sims 3 with all expansions, but especially if you have Seasons installed.

In the game it is snowing. In your computer it is burning. :lol:

@emorrill Me too! I just hope they don't get Eddy's mouth. :lol: It is an odd shape!
    I am not a computer expert. Most of what I know I know from having a close friend who is a programmer, a brother-in-law who knows a lot about the ins-and-outs of computers, and a brother who is also a programmer. So I can give general information on how powerful your computer is. But I wouldn't take it as the gospel truth. Though I do think anyone looking to buy a computer whether a desktop or laptop should always do extensive research before they buy.

@TadOlson I too am a lover of cold weather! Yet I am born in summer. :(
    I also periodically delete old saves and move "inactive" ones, so to speak, to folders of safe keeping on my desktop.
    Ooh interesting mod with the portable easel!
  • Options
    @Emorrill :D Just think how hard it is for my SS to contain himself,have not truly ran into anyone yet.Lola going to put me on a leash and a regiment of "Niagra" Like Vi-agra except has the opposite effect of turning your pencil into a cooked spaghetti noodle.

@CravenLestat

fluttershy_oh_my.jpg

:lol:

And here I was thinking you were going to make a comment on my picture of Morgana in the bathtub!!!! ;)

• Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,434 Member
    My computer trying to play Sims. @Emily4331
    6ede587731fc4971ab3b25e38818d72e.jpg

GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    @Emily4331 -- Oh, I don't have any problems with Sims 3. (Or any game, except ARK, really). I actually recently upped some of my graphic settings. (Was sick of looking at tail-less dogs without being super zoomed in :lol:)

• Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @OriginalMara Honestly, TS3 is so buggy you probably just don't notice the problems. :lol: Nah, but if the games are running fine that's great. But eventually you are going to run into more and more problems because integrated graphics cards just aren't as powerful as dedicated ones. Which is probably at least one of the reasons ARK doesn't run well for you. ARK's graphics are going to be much harder on your card than The Sims, that's for sure. I used to play sims on a laptop with integrated graphics. I could immediately tell the quality of life difference when I started playing with my dedicated card in my current computer.
    But yeah, I mean, if everything works I wouldn't change anything. And oh god, I'd imagine. The Sims 3 on low graphics hurts me on a deep, psychological level. :lol::lol:

@Nikkei_Simmer Your computer is going to probably sprout legs and literally run away! :lol:
  • Options
    @Emily4331 -- Ha, definitely. It's sad, though. I do like ARK, when it works, haha. At least I bought it on sale.
    I would definitely look into upgrading, but I use my computer mostly for browsing the Internet and stuff, and the occasional game. Not sure it's so cost-effective, or worth it, right now. Maybe someday!
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @Emily4331 , thank you for the gifts! :)

( @OriginalMara , my computer has an integrated graphic card too. Other than lots taking some time to render, my game is working fine. At least I see it as fine because I've never tried playing on a better computer so I don't know what it should be like!)
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,216 Member
    edited May 2017
    @Emily4331 thank you no sadly game froze. I am buying a better computer after summer when my student money is back
    as a 40th birthday gift to myself. this one I bought quickly last year when my better computer crashed.

I will though add some more Ram to this one so I can handle it over summer. This comp has a Nvidia 950 m dedicated card its good on ultra on my other games but not that good with sims 3 sometimes so will buy a better one after summer when my student money is back as I got no summer job sadly. Great update hottie sim simon is.

@CravenLestat Great update that was great with those speech bubbles added

@bekkasan thank you,
    more from the wedding when I restart it those two was just two bonus photos until I get it working correctly

@emorrill Great udpate cause of your story decided to add morgana and Thornton in my game world.

Everyone else if i forgot someone great udpate

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Thank so to everyone who tagged me in comments but I haven't had any time to read them yet as back at work. Luckily I have a week away next week and hopfully I will get my member status back by that point :)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @emorrill , you posted "1985" for @lisasc360 , but I can identify with it too. Especially with "When did Mötley Crüe become classic rock?" Never listened to Mötley Crüe, but I remember how I felt when I saw Bangles classified under "oldies" in a music shop. I thought "No, no, this is a mistake!"

@Charlottesmom , Cedrick looked really offended about working as a food merchant, it's a good thing you set him free! LOL at your simself immediately kissing Jared on her own.

@Nikkei_Simmer , you deserve so many awesomes for invoking Kierkegaard and Nietzsche in musings about Sim existence!

@Mikezumi , i see that you've dressed Neasa and Marc in the same shade of purple. That's cute - a couple wearing matching clothes! I like the mermaid painting a lot.

@Silverofdreams30 , Ava is lovely! She has her mother's pretty hair colour, and I like the hairstyle you gave her too! And the pictures of Gizmo and Cuddles playing are adorable! <3

@Mazakeen , I'm glad your game is working again! Congrats to Lilith on her graduation. I like the screenshot of her tossing her diploma in the air!

@lisasc360 , your simself loudly proclaiming her feelings for Jeffrey Dean not knowing that he's standing right behind her sounds like an excellent plot idea for a romcom!

@CravenLestat , your video is hilarious! Your simself and Lola really want the whole town to know what you did in that rabbithole! I was going to ask you if the green sim skating in the park in the video was an alien, then I saw in your next picture that it was a plantsim.

@king_of_simcity7 , congratulations on being able to post pictures again, and I'm sorry it didn't last! :(

@Emily4331 , I never noticed that detective shirt in the store! Your detective sim is cute. Eddie and Alexis' engagement pictures are cute too.

@TadOlson , the mod allowing sims to carry their easels sounds like a very good idea!

@emorrill , I like that Morgana was thinking that "Thornton" feels like a completely different man, because it's the natural thing for her to think with his complete change in behaviour! Is Sam's father a character from the show or your creation?
  • Options
    Just a tiny update from me: since I gave Arlo Bunch plastic surgery, I'm starting to feel fond of him. You'll see why.

I made a Java Hut in Sunset Valley so that Clark and Odessa can have somewhere to socialise with townies in bad weather. I called it the Sunflower Eco Café. It proved very popular with townies.
    u3iuh.jpg

On Clark and Odessa's first visit to the café, Judy Bunch started hitting on Clark. Arlo was sitting nearby, drinking his tea and clearly thinking: "Mooom... stop it, this is so embarrassing!"
    nnaa7c.jpg

Later he danced with the sunflower. Just look at him! Dreadlocks and Al Simharan clothes. Both the hair and the clothes are so wrong for him it's actually awesome. I decided not to take him to Stylist, at least not yet! He looks like a troubled young man in search of himself.
    2rfpvkz.jpg
  • Options
    CursedDiceCursedDice Posts: 978 Member
    I found out two of my teen sims hate each other and can't have a conversation without it devolving into an argument or a fight
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    edited May 2017
    @CravenLestat You are so not gonna make Lola dumpster dive!!!!????

@tadolson I like the idea of portable easels. I usually end up adding a few at community lots and parks, but, that means more stuff in the world.

@emorrill I enjoyed your Sam update. I think the dating idea is a great way for them to rekindle their feelings. They sure have pretty views out their windows!

@PalmArrow The cafe is very cute. I love how you used the greenhouse windows in it. Poor Arlo does look fashion confused for sure.

@CursedDice Makes for some interesting gameplay in the family. :)
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,216 Member
    @PalmArrow Great java hut you made, nice little update. thank you

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top