Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What CAN be done to fix TS4?

Comments

• Options
    SelaronoSelarono Posts: 103 Member
    I miss more mood swings and having your traits actually mean something. My Sim doesn't care if its dark or if the walls aren't painted......but she gets mad if there's water on the floor? I see no point in choosing traits... Not only are there very few, they really don't seem to make a difference in the game play. The game play just isn't there... There's no challenge, no goal. Its easy to make your aspiration, Moneys easy, work is easy, romance is easy.....this is supposed to be a life simulation lol! Id like harder to attain goals....perhaps a difficulty choice when creating the family? You used to be able to set how much your sim started with, but maybeif you choose hard mode, rocks and photos sold for less, your boss was more of a jerk and you have no romantic game or something! Give me a challenge.

As far as toddlers go, I don't miss them that much. To me its easier to believe that my baby will grow into a kid than it is for me to believe ill find a rock in my yard that sells 100 bucks or a salmon that sells for 260. Or have so many freaking flowers I can retire....
    Swing by and say "Hi" @PixelatedWoofums.Tumblr.Com
  • Options
    likesareelikesaree Posts: 204 Member
    Less chitty chat! My Sims are so chatty. If I have my sim talk to another (eg just tell a joke) and have it lined up for them to go to toilet next, they will ALWAYS end up chatting. And it wastes so much time and by the time I notice they haven't gone onto the next task, they're nearly peeing their pants. :neutral:
  • Options
    AviendhaRSAviendhaRS Posts: 268 Member
    > @likesaree said:
    > Less chitty chat! My Sims are so chatty. If I have my sim talk to another (eg just tell a joke) and have it lined up for them to go to toilet next, they will ALWAYS end up chatting. And it wastes so much time and by the time I notice they haven't gone onto the next task, they're nearly peeing their pants. :neutral:

The autonomous chat doesn't bother me so much as other sims joining a private conversation. I'll have my husband and wife flirting and their daughter will join the conversation for no reason which gives the awkward conversation title. I've never had someone come up to me while I'm kissing someone and just start talking with me. People might interrupt but they don't randomly start telling a joke or whatever.
  • Options
    NyllohNylloh Posts: 5 New Member
    Sorry if this has already been said, but what I miss from Sims 3 is the color wheel. I love how they give more options when it comes to colors for the outfits, but I still really liked having that option of being able to customize it myself. Again, sorry if I sound like a broken record for repeating what someone else might have said, but that's just something I really would like to have.
  • Options
    The7thNightThe7thNight Posts: 8 New Member
    the one thing I don't think I've seen mentioned is for CAS and the gallery; in the gallery maxis has given us handy little outfit sets for each age and clothing type this should be expanded so we can save our own outfits selecting the age group (teen/young adult etc.) and type (everyday/formal etc.) and then sharing in the gallery.
  • Options
    OpheliaMayOpheliaMay Posts: 52 Member
    Depth in the Sims' interactions! Proper consequences to follow their actions, long last relationship effects and that sort of thing. I think that is the spark that's missing - the lack of emotion in us as players is the problem, not lack of emotion in our little friends! IMO of course :)
    Thank you Senpai Simmer for uploading your Avatars to use - she is a beaut! <3
  • Options
    UberLisa713UberLisa713 Posts: 7 New Member
    Build mode: make lot resizing possible!!!!

Not sure if this has been mentioned already (there are LOTS of suggestions here), but I'd like to have the ability to download a lot from the gallery, then provided I place it on a lot large enough to hold it, be able to move things around and make the lot smaller so I can then save it and transform it to a new world in a smaller lot. I guess you could say this is an edit for the build mode...I'd really like to be able to resize things I download (ie. making it smaller by cutting out part of the yard or something similar), and then place it in any lot on the game.
  • Options
    TheSikiSassTheSikiSass Posts: 273 Member
    I think burglars and burglar alarms should be added tbh. They added more excitement. Also, the ability to call the police, fire department, and babysitters.
    gay is ok kids
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    1. Color Wheel
    2. Height Slider
    3. Bugs (game issues) squashed more promptly

That would be wonderful :)
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I linked this thread to a tweet to some SimGurus so that they could come here to see these awesome ideas! :)

• Options
    fandan20fandan20 Posts: 28 Member
    I want the highlight of the neighbor plot is missing especially when the cursor directly touch neighbor's house.

And the last one, i want the light of lamp is blending with the house's surrounding, especially at night, the light makes the line of the plot show up and looks like its not blending with environments and looks so fake also. PLEASE FIX THIS! Thank you.
  • Options
    Beachbunnie1987Beachbunnie1987 Posts: 6 New Member
    Fully adjustable lifespan
  • Options
    SharkDOSharkDO Posts: 252 Member
    In my opinion, we need:
    -Another desert-based world like OS, but with some city. (Think NC but an OS-version) This one can be the size of NC.
    -A complete city (with a city-based expansion pack - apartments and everything). This should be big like the two mains worlds!
    -A beach world (with a beach-based expansion pack). This one should be about the size of NC, not huge like to two main worlds, but still big enough to enjoy the beach! I love TS4 though, even though it isn't a popular opinion I think it is such an upgrade from TS3
    "I'm a Simmer, not a gamer. I feel like my frustration with the game and the reason I don't "get it" is more about a disconnection and confusion with the vision...I'm worried about the future of the franchise."
  • Options
    EmmpEmmp Posts: 458 Member
    What I think we need:

- Open neigbourhoods.
    - A way to edit the neigbourhoods, either with an editing tool or with a cheat. I need to remove all those pink trees.
    - A spa resort.

- Turn ons/offs ts2 style (I saw someone made a thread about this). I wan't my sim to be in to a creative foodie with brown hair. And I wan't her to dislike romantice well-trained sims with black hair (aka Don). It would also be nice if they could be in to a specific careers, like astronaut or dockor!
    - I don't know how to say this in english, but I'll try. Special conversitions depending on traits, like we had in TS3. It had Its own "headline" when talking to a sim, where a funny sim had lots of different jokes and a good sim could talk about would piece or something. I don't remember exactly what they would say. But I want this back, so a foodie has a own headline for talking about food and a active sim have one to talk about sports and training. Now it just randomly shows up under "friendly" - and often only when you get your skills up.
    - A new new buyable trait like "friend of the world". I don't like my sims loosing all their friends, but the "friend of the world"-aspiration takes a lot of time to do, and I therefore don't want to do it with every sim I make. I also don't want my sim to have a lot of random townie friends just so she can keep her true good friends without having to call them every day. I want to be able to buy this with aspiration points.

- The ability to put wall trims anywhere. Maybe have an option to place them manually like the counters.
    - CASt/or at least the ability to change the colors. If not in game, then in a external program. Didn't we have this in ts2? It should be possible to do something similar?

That my thoughts, for now anyway. I might think of some more tings in the future. Great thread OP, Im sorry if I put something in that someone else already asked for, but I didn't have the time to reed trough the entire thread!
    You can find me at the gallery, my ID is Jan_telefon!
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I would love to see some NPC Sims from previous Sims games/expansions coming back. For example, I really loved the saxophonist man from Sims 1 Unleashed who played the saxophone in the town and the iconic sad clown. Those would make the game more interesting. Oh, and the tarot card reader was amazing too! Nannies, gardeners and handymen are also needed as they make the game seem more realistic. Also policemen, firemen (bring also back the active fireman career from Sims 3 Ambitions), burglars, etc. A way to order Chinese/Asian food would be good too. Restaurants are one of the most important things, so we need them too, maybe some family style restaurants and more dating themed/romantic restaurants. Actually we should be able to make any types of restaurants we want, whether it was a fast food restaurant, pop-up restaurant, kebab restaurant, pizzeria, Café, Sushi restaurant or Mexican restaurant. Those would be amazing additions to the game. We also should be able to create our own venue names and venue requirements, but I think those could come with a Town Life expansion pack (advanced world options), even though they could come with a free update for everyone.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
  • Options
    bambigirl333bambigirl333 Posts: 8 New Member
    I am so down expecially for the toddler life stage and pretty much everything else on your list. lol
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2015
    Actual reactions to death, cheating and crying babies, etc.
    More variety of animations and interactions (besides just talking!).

Sandbox play. Create-A-World. CASt or color wheels.

Toddlers, of course.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    thesimmerzoethesimmerzoe Posts: 52 Member
    I hope they find someway to integrate CASt into the game or add more color/styles for the clothes because I am so done.
    i like dogs and the sims 2

origin: zoeleilanii
    twitter: zoelikesdogs
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    No more incest. It's disgusting.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    peaceandhappypeaceandhappy Posts: 2 New Member
    I think we should have a way to make a sim move out directly instead of having to go to manage households!
  • Options
    sallonesallone Posts: 314 Member
    I always find this being 'announcement' funny.
    It's like they are admitting the game is broken.
  • Options
    CcGirl321CcGirl321 Posts: 5 New Member
    Create a Style both for build/buy mode but also for CAS.

CAS - I would like to see the return of color wheels and the ability to color roots, tips, and highlights for hair.

Thanks. :)
  • Options
    The7thNightThe7thNight Posts: 8 New Member
    > @CcGirl321 said:
    > Create a Style both for build/buy mode but also for CAS.
    >
    > CAS - I would like to see the return of color wheels and the ability to color roots, tips, and highlights for hair.
    >
    > Thanks. :)

As far as the hair colour goes I would like to see the option to have a "genetic" or "natural" hair colour and a "current" hair colour so you can change your sims hair to blue, red or green hair without it effecting the colour passed on through genetics