Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What CAN be done to fix TS4?

Comments

• Options
    sxyrhoosesxyrhoose Posts: 114 Member
    edited May 2015
    Since I am new to this, I am liking what others are saying.

`Toddlers please!
    `The ability to have weather change. Possibly seasons.
    `More reaction from sims when their loved one dies.
    `I love the idea of teens getting into trouble when caught in the act.
    `Possible conception with just regular woohoo.
    `The ability to place a baby up for adoption
    `When a sim cheats and gets pregnant with another, the husband knows it isn't his baby.
    `Agreed with more interaction with babies. (holding, traveling with baby, walking around with baby, nursing sitting down...I've nursed standing up, it just isn't easy or relaxing. Give the mom a break.)
    `babysitters you can hire. This comes in handy when a sim works from home (writes books or paints) so the moms/dads can finish what they need to when working.
    `you can customize the height of your sim

Thank you for all you do!!
    [img][/img]coffee-1.jpg
  • Options
    OmarSPiedraOmarSPiedra Posts: 44 Member
    edited May 2015
    -Larger worlds that are equivalent in size to Sims 3 worlds. With loading screens you would think it would be possible to have worlds of equal or larger size than The Sims 3. No more 4 lot worlds.
    -scrollable map to allow for a larger world.
    -A walk and talk interaction, where the Sims can walk/jog side by side and talk.
  • Options
    AGDorenAGDoren Posts: 17 New Member
    give us an option to turn off autosave. The autosave feature causes me more frustration than anything else. Like if I load the wrong save it autosaves in slot 1 whether I want it to or not. I know its supposed to prevent us from loosing progress, but pretty much all it has done is erase my progress.
  • Options
    FusionFang7FusionFang7 Posts: 90 Member
    AGDoren wrote: »
    give us an option to turn off autosave. The autosave feature causes me more frustration than anything else. Like if I load the wrong save it autosaves in slot 1 whether I want it to or not. I know its supposed to prevent us from loosing progress, but pretty much all it has done is erase my progress.

The autosave is its own slot, so if you don't want to use it then just don't; just make sure you manually save.
  • Options
    - Teens not the same height as adults
    - More useful interactions + more romantic interactions
    - the ability to ground and scold your child or teen
    - the ability for kids to tell on siblings, and siblings being able to beg not to, and bribe the other kid
    - kids and teens helping with chores
    - TODDLERS...ummm hello??? Baby to child?? Seriously?
    - add pre-teen
    - cuddle in bed, kiss in bed, make out in bed?? Bring those back! And add more
    - parents catching their kids in the act and scold them for it or ground them
    - ask to stay over the night with good or bad responses
    - if a teen has a problem the option to talk about it
    - random crying for teens
    - the option to threaten a child or teen to take their things away
    - reading to a child in bed! Hello???? Where is this option
    - thunderstorms, and children being scared wanting to sleep next a parent
    - more toys for kids, not random things that people can't even click on
    - outside toys for kids that teens can use too, maybe hang out on
    - more places to woohoo
    - sims to get hurt and the requirement to go to the hospital, or if another sim in presence is a doctor can help? Child sims can get hurt on the play ground
    - parents be able to cuddle and kiss their teen or young adult. Just because they are Older now doesnt mean they are not worthy of love.
    - silent treatments to other sims, that can last a few days unless you stop it yourself
    - some elders have canes
    - diving board and slides for pools
    - sims sims not being able to get pregnant
    - photographers being able to take family pictures
    - more clothes!!! And 3 everyday clothes etc like sims 3
    - design tool!!!
    - the ability to actually parent, if a parent is bad the kid will be rebellious and rude, if the parent is good the kid will be polite and well behaved
    - lock doors!!!
    - assigned beds!
    - stop sims from coming into a sleeping sims room to play games when there are two more computers in the house in another room, it's annoying!!!
    - more outdoor stuff
    - more interactions for babies, and the ability to hold them while walking or sitting elsewhere, same for toddlers if they're added!!!

You can already have up to 5 outfits per category, hit the "up arrow" above the category selections in CAS.
  • Options
    > @FusionFang7 said:
    > AGDoren wrote: »
    >
    > give us an option to turn off autosave. The autosave feature causes me more frustration than anything else. Like if I load the wrong save it autosaves in slot 1 whether I want it to or not. I know its supposed to prevent us from loosing progress, but pretty much all it has done is erase my progress.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The autosave is its own slot, so if you don't want to use it then just don't; just make sure you manually save.

The problem with that is that there is a limited number of save files. If I use save as and save my game in slot 2 and auto save creates the exact same file in slot 1 I now have two files devoted to the exact same game whether I want them that way or not. I don't want that to happen automatically. I don't want a save because I loaded the game for two minutes decided not to play and quit.

I want an option to disable auto save. I've been gaming for longer than some of you have been alive at this point and ever since a memory card fell on the power button on my PS1 and shut it off, causing me to loose two hours of progress in Final Fantasy Tatics I've never ever had a problem with forgetting to save my game. I don't need the auto save function and I don't like it.
  • Options
    AGDoren wrote: »
    > @FusionFang7 said:
    >
    > give us an option to turn off autosave. The autosave feature causes me more frustration than anything else. Like if I load the wrong save it autosaves in slot 1 whether I want it to or not. I know its supposed to prevent us from loosing progress, but pretty much all it has done is erase my progress.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The autosave is its own slot, so if you don't want to use it then just don't; just make sure you manually save.

The problem with that is that there is a limited number of save files. If I use save as and save my game in slot 2 and auto save creates the exact same file in slot 1 I now have two files devoted to the exact same game whether I want them that way or not. I don't want that to happen automatically. I don't want a save because I loaded the game for two minutes decided not to play and quit.

I want an option to disable auto save. I've been gaming for longer than some of you have been alive at this point and ever since a memory card fell on the power button on my PS1 and shut it off, causing me to loose two hours of progress in Final Fantasy Tatics I've never ever had a problem with forgetting to save my game. I don't need the auto save function and I don't like it.

Dude... first off I'm not that young, and second FFT is my favorite game of all time! (So no need to explain). I played that game for so long the play timer had been repeating the last minute over and over again. I only just stopped playing when I accidentally overwrote my main save file at the very ending of the game (you know when you go to the monastery and it lets you save in between battles). But I digress...

I'll check out this whole save issue thing to see if I can figure out what you're talking about, I've only ever played one save file (with some back-ups) so I've never run into any problems, but what it seems like you're really asking for is just more save files.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    > @FusionFang7 said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Dude... first off I'm not that young, and second FFT is my favorite game of all time! (So no need to explain). I played that game for so long the play timer had been repeating the last minute over and over again. I only just stopped playing when I accidentally overwrote my main save file at the very ending of the game (you know when you go to the monastery and it lets you save in between battles). But I digress...
    >
    > I'll check out this whole save issue thing to see if I can figure out what you're talking about, I've only ever played one save file (with some back-ups) so I've never run into any problems, but what it seems like you're really asking for is just more save files.

Eh, sorry, I was feeling a bit irritable yesterday. Also wow sorry about your FFT game that would have prolly killed it for me too. :(

I'd still rather be able to disable auto-save, but more save file would be a good option as well.
  • Options
    klovesjenklovesjen Posts: 361 Member
    More intricate interactions between sims and between sims and objects. Such as in TS2 where so many interactions and even just when a sim is walking has natural, cute animations that aren't over-the-top silly. For example in Sims 2: kids swinging legs on toilet/slouching on them, playing with their toys going from banging teddy on the floor to hugging it, using a step-stool to get things off counters etc, sims reaching to turn on faucets and flipping through clothing in closet, lowering themselves into tub because it's hot, opening drawers. The charming TS2 interactions and animations are such a big part of what makes it such a great game. The different kissing styles and passionate make-out's etc.
    The games sims could play together like catch and kids running to greet parents when they get home. Please improve animations and interactions, and make them fun to watch and not just to fast forward through (like creating inventions in GTW, fun to watch once or so, then it's long and boring)
  • Options
    JimmyM001JimmyM001 Posts: 2 New Member
    I saw that we have all nearly same wishes...
    I fully agree mainly with :
    - Spiral Stairs, stairs with adjustable landings
    - More Lots AND create a World and a way to visit freely Get To Works places (Hospital, Police Station, Laboratory...)
    - Elevators !
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    For those saying open world and CASt, those aren't possible. Back when Sims 4 was released, one of the gurus (I think Grant) said those things have to be coded in ahead of time. The game's coding doesn't allow them to be added in later.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    zensluvzensluv Posts: 87 Member
    Some things I'd love to see added or improved:
    More group activities! Like soccer matches, billiards games, water polo, movie nights on my big screen!
    Rumors actually start rumors (make friends, make enemies, adjust relationship levels between Sims through rumors)
    Keep friends longer ("Long Distance Friend")
    College to earn more simoleons in careers (or to be able to get certain careers and professions).
    Keep working to get the retail stores to function better and make new items that are retail only.
    Attract more customers to the retail store by selling handcrafted, high quality, and/or rare items.
    More fabric and materials choices in Buy Mode.

Awesome new Venue idea: Amusement park... OMG now that's a blast! Ride the rides, group activities on the midway, win prizes, eat deep fried food, drink beer and puke on the rides, and meet freakshow carnies!
    Find my builds at #zensluv4real
  • Options
    prelec93prelec93 Posts: 82 Member
    This is probably the best thread! Thanks for making this!

One thing I would like is the option to set the lights for a whole room since it's really annoying to click on every single light I have separately.

We should also be able to move the sims with bb.moveobjects because it was really important aspect for people who play the game for making stories and taking screenshots and I am really limited now with the Sims 4 instead of being able to play the game the way I want to.
    Creator of TheSimsTV, a fictional broadcasting channel specializing in shows and movies created with The Sims 4.
    2358.jpeg?1450276056135
    Follow us on Twitter, YouTube and Facebook for more info!
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    edited May 2015
    I have to admit I haven't read all 42 pages of this thread, but I have seen the list is kept up to date - so I'm hoping it suffices to have read that.

Anyway, I have this list with advanced population options I'd like to see in the game. I've just discovered that a lot of those things are already listed here - but not everything. So I'm just going to throw it in here (I apologise in advance, it's quite long) and hope you find it useful (I may also start a thread of my own, I'll see about that). I know that a lot of it is technically possible, since there are mods that can do it, but some of it may not be possible - or not all that useful. Some of it is also related to EPs, but in my opinion should be basic options.

(I made this list in word, so the lay-out is going to be bad)
    1. Population Limit
    Probably the most pressing issue, given that I see several new threads about disappearing Sims appear on the forums each day, after some unknowing player encountered a culling catastrophe.
    Options:
    a. Allow variable population limits, with a preferred setting based on performance. This includes an unlimited population. Add performance warnings if necessary.
    b. Add the option to turn on/off the game generating new Sims, give a warning when the population number is low. This way we can prevent our towns from overflowing and it also allows us to add Sims we like. It would also be nice to be able to add households straight from the Gallery into the unplayed Sims section.
    c. Add a special tab for ‘service’ NPCs, besides the tabs for played and unplayed Sims. So where you can find the mailmen/women, maids, etc. Also barkeepers, caterers – these should be given a default skill level of no lower than 6 for their work related skill(s). For OR it would be the rangers and the hermit, for GTW the co-workers (patients, suspects and aliens should be regular townies). There should be a set number of any of these Sims (with minimums/maximums, the absolute minimum for all service NPCs being one mailman/woman), allowing the game to generate new ones only when a Sim retires or dies, which can be set to happen autonomously or with player interference. Players should be able to fire/retire a Sim they no longer think fit for the job. Also, the option should be available to appoint an existing non-service NPC for the task. There should be an advanced option to turn off the game generating service NPCs, this will result in a prompt to choose at least one of each, in a fashion similar to choosing heroes in Sims Medieval. Retired service NPCs should be moved to the unplayed tab. In case of GTW this will also prevent our Sims from having new co-workers every day.
    d. Add the option to auto-clear dead not-in-world Sims. Also a button to manually clear dead Sims (played and unplayed – in case the auto-clear is unchecked) that aren’t playable ghosts. Once removed, dead Sims should not disappear from family trees.
    e. Display the current population number in manage households, including the number of dead non-ghost Sims that have not been cleared.
    2. Supernatural
    The supernatural options are great, just some players prefer realistic worlds, they should be given the possibility to opt out of these features. The others should not be subject to the randomness of the game and should be given options for more control.
    Options:
    a. Add an on/off switch for ghosts and aliens and whenever any new supernatural is added, one for them to.
    b. Advanced options for aliens:
    i. Adjustable abduction frequency (zero, low, medium, high, extreme)
    ii. Adjustable post-abduction-pregnancy frequency (never, low, medium, high, always)
    iii. On/off switch for male pregnancy, with a ‘male aliens only’ option (meaning male aliens can get pregnant, but male Sims can’t).
    3. Aging
    Although I am not unhappy about the current aging options, there’s room for improvement.
    Options:
    a. Add a life span between ‘normal’ and ‘long’, the difference is too big and long, feels almost like an eternity.
    b. Add age sliders like in TS3, allowing us to customise each life stage according to our own desires.
    c. The ‘adult’ stage is currently too short in comparison to the other life stages, it would be more realistic if in the default setting it would be(approximately) twice as long as it is now.
    4. Story progression
    A lot of players really miss this feature. It is now possible to do some of it manually but it takes a lot of time. Also a lot of Simmers (who play rotationally) are annoyed by the fact that their Sims engage in romantic relationships without their permission. With the adding of this feature with options players will be able to play Sims 3 style or Sims 2 style, or invent their own Sims 4 style!
    Options:
    a. Story progression should come with an on/off switch.
    b. The ability to turn it off for selected households. Which includes (un)checking story progression for played households. But it would be nice to also turn it off for some unplayed households, so players are able to meddle with those Sims exactly as they want, or keep them ‘safe’ in case they intend to use that Sim in the future.
    c. Add an option to allow/prevent the forming of romantic relationships (the autonomous/without player interference-kind of romantic relationships). On/off for all Sims and when switched on, an option to except played Sims. The ‘selected households’ feature could also be added here.
    d. Add an on/off switch for assigning jobs, here again with the possibility to except played Sims and the ‘selected households’.
    5. Allowing a player to start a blank neighbourhood, where they don’t have to make a Sim at the start and all Sims and houses can be deleted with a single click (this option should only be available on starting a ‘blank’ save). This is especially useful for builders or players that want to create their own neighbourhood and all the Sims that live in it.

All options should be adjustable for each save game and adjustable at will, except in cases of (possible) life changing events, e.g. when a Sim is giving birth, when a Sim is dying or when there’s a fire. On starting a new save from the menu (not when using ‘save as...’) the player should be prompted to choose their preferred settings before starting to play. Also, the settings chosen for the first save should become the default settings for that player, so they don’t have to make the changes for every new game. Whenever new content is added that affects population (something along the lines of adding a new type of supernatural or a large influx of new service NPCs) the first time a save is loaded the player will get a screen prompting them to choose their preferred settings or to accept the default settings.
    I apologise (again) for not taking out the stuff you have already listed, it would probably be incomprehensible if I did (if it isn't already... ;)) As for the style of the above - I was going to bring it as a plea for more power/tools.

If anything is unclear - let me know, I may have forgotten to mention something of just thought way too hard about something so that it's incomprehensible for anyone but myself. (In case you find it useless, tell me, then I'll stop bothering you with my 'crazy' ideas.)
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    kimieswildroseskimieswildroses Posts: 116 Member
    I agree with most everything said in these 42 pages. That being said I have been playing Sims since its conception. Sims 3 had so many bugs that a lot of people just didnt like playing it. I loved Sims 2 and refused to play Sims 3 until just a few years ago. Sims 1 babies went to the child stage, so im my estimation Sims 4 has took a step backwards. I understand that they wanted better game play not so many bugs, smaller worlds so it wouldnt take so long to load, I get that but at the same time come on really no toddlers or dishwashers? Its been years since I played Sims 1 but didnt we have dishwashers? I know it takes awhile to do expansion packs and whatever else you are doing but Sims 4 is boring. After the Get to work expansion pack came out I played for several days love it but...got boring.Now I was thinking that they arent coming out with expansion packs or other packs fast enough to please most people so I did some digging. Sims 3 was released in June of 2009. Their first expansion pack was released in November of 2009 and the second one in June of 2010. So... coming out with a expansion 7 months after the release of the game is a little long for me and to have it as lacking as the base game was a big let down. Will there be a Sims 5 I dont see it happening ever, point being people are so put out with Sims 4 and it didnt sell like they thought. Word spread like wild fire that it didnt live up to the expectations of the loyal Sim fans. So I dont see a Sims 5 ever. Since the day I first started playing Sims way back in Feb of 2000 I have been hooked, When they came out with Sims 2 I ordered a new PC just to play Sims 2. When I heard that Sims 4 had the look of Sims 2 I was thrilled until I bought it. I understand what their concept was but they missed the point we love Sims because they are Sims not what we have been given so far. So for now I will continue to play Sims 2 and 3 that is until they come out with toddlers and dishwashers and seasons.
  • Options
    I have to admit I haven't read all 42 pages of this thread, but I have seen the list is kept up to date - so I'm hoping it suffices to have read that.

Anyway, I have this list with advanced population options I'd like to see in the game. I've just discovered that a lot of those things are already listed here - but not everything. So I'm just going to throw it in here (I apologise in advance, it's quite long) and hope you find it useful (I may also start a thread of my own, I'll see about that). I know that a lot of it is technically possible, since there are mods that can do it, but some of it may not be possible - or not all that useful. Some of it is also related to EPs, but in my opinion should be basic options.

1. Population Limit
    Probably the most pressing issue, given that I see several new threads about disappearing Sims appear on the forums each day, after some unknowing player encountered a culling catastrophe.
    Options:
    a. Allow variable population limits, with a preferred setting based on performance. This includes an unlimited population. Add performance warnings if necessary.
    b. Add the option to turn on/off the game generating new Sims, give a warning when the population number is low. This way we can prevent our towns from overflowing and it also allows us to add Sims we like. It would also be nice to be able to add households straight from the Gallery into the unplayed Sims section.
    c. Add a special tab for ‘service’ NPCs, besides the tabs for played and unplayed Sims. So where you can find the mailmen/women, maids, etc. Also barkeepers, caterers – these should be given a default skill level of no lower than 6 for their work related skill(s). For OR it would be the rangers and the hermit, for GTW the co-workers (patients, suspects and aliens should be regular townies). There should be a set number of any of these Sims (with minimums/maximums, the absolute minimum for all service NPCs being one mailman/woman), allowing the game to generate new ones only when a Sim retires or dies, which can be set to happen autonomously or with player interference. Players should be able to fire/retire a Sim they no longer think fit for the job. Also, the option should be available to appoint an existing non-service NPC for the task. There should be an advanced option to turn off the game generating service NPCs, this will result in a prompt to choose at least one of each, in a fashion similar to choosing heroes in Sims Medieval. Retired service NPCs should be moved to the unplayed tab. In case of GTW this will also prevent our Sims from having new co-workers every day.
    d. Add the option to auto-clear dead not-in-world Sims. Also a button to manually clear dead Sims (played and unplayed – in case the auto-clear is unchecked) that aren’t playable ghosts. Once removed, dead Sims should not disappear from family trees.
    e. Display the current population number in manage households, including the number of dead non-ghost Sims that have not been cleared.
    2. Supernatural
    The supernatural options are great, just some players prefer realistic worlds, they should be given the possibility to opt out of these features. The others should not be subject to the randomness of the game and should be given options for more control.
    Options:
    a. Add an on/off switch for ghosts and aliens and whenever any new supernatural is added, one for them to.
    ii. Adjustable post-abduction-pregnancy frequency (never, low, medium, high, always)
    iii. On/off switch for male pregnancy, with a ‘male aliens only’ option (meaning male aliens can get pregnant, but male Sims can’t).
    3. Aging
    Although I am not unhappy about the current aging options, there’s room for improvement.
    Options:
    a. Add a life span between ‘normal’ and ‘long’, the difference is too big and long, feels almost like an eternity.
    b. Add age sliders like in TS3, allowing us to customise each life stage according to our own desires.
    c. The ‘adult’ stage is currently too short in comparison to the other life stages, it would be more realistic if in the default setting it would be(approximately) twice as long as it is now.
    4. Story progression
    A lot of players really miss this feature. It is now possible to do some of it manually but it takes a lot of time. Also a lot of Simmers (who play rotationally) are annoyed by the fact that their Sims engage in romantic relationships without their permission. With the adding of this feature with options players will be able to play Sims 3 style or Sims 2 style, or invent their own Sims 4 style!
    Options:
    b. The ability to turn it off for selected households. Which includes (un)checking story progression for played households. But it would be nice to also turn it off for some unplayed households, so players are able to meddle with those Sims exactly as they want, or keep them ‘safe’ in case they intend to use that Sim in the future.
    c. Add an option to allow/prevent the forming of romantic relationships (the autonomous/without player interference-kind of romantic relationships). On/off for all Sims and when switched on, an option to except played Sims. The ‘selected households’ feature could also be added here.
    d. Add an on/off switch for assigning jobs, here again with the possibility to except played Sims and the ‘selected households’.
    5. Allowing a player to start a blank neighbourhood, where they don’t have to make a Sim at the start and all Sims and houses can be deleted with a single click (this option should only be available on starting a ‘blank’ save). This is especially useful for builders or players that want to create their own neighbourhood and all the Sims that live in it.

All options should be adjustable for each save game and adjustable at will, except in cases of (possible) life changing events, e.g. when a Sim is giving birth, when a Sim is dying or when there’s a fire. On starting a new save from the menu (not when using ‘save as...’) the player should be prompted to choose their preferred settings before starting to play. Also, the settings chosen for the first save should become the default settings for that player, so they don’t have to make the changes for every new game. Whenever new content is added that affects population (something along the lines of adding a new type of supernatural or a large influx of new service NPCs) the first time a save is loaded the player will get a screen prompting them to choose their preferred settings or to accept the default settings.
    I apologise (again) for not taking out the stuff you have already listed, it would probably be incomprehensible if I did (if it isn't already... ;)) As for the style of the above - I was going to bring it as a plea for more power/tools.

If anything is unclear - let me know, I may have forgotten to mention something of just thought way too hard about something so that it's incomprehensible for anyone but myself. (In case you find it useless, tell me, then I'll stop bothering you with my 'crazy' ideas.)

These are all good ideas, and I added or already had essentially all of them. The thing is, I have to keep the list concise so I'm unable to go into as much detail as you did here, my apologies.

• Options
    I agree with most everything said in these 42 pages. That being said I have been playing Sims since its conception. Sims 3 had so many bugs that a lot of people just didnt like playing it. I loved Sims 2 and refused to play Sims 3 until just a few years ago. Sims 1 babies went to the child stage, so im my estimation Sims 4 has took a step backwards. I understand that they wanted better game play not so many bugs, smaller worlds so it wouldnt take so long to load, I get that but at the same time come on really no toddlers or dishwashers? Its been years since I played Sims 1 but didnt we have dishwashers? I know it takes awhile to do expansion packs and whatever else you are doing but Sims 4 is boring. After the Get to work expansion pack came out I played for several days love it but...got boring.Now I was thinking that they arent coming out with expansion packs or other packs fast enough to please most people so I did some digging. Sims 3 was released in June of 2009. Their first expansion pack was released in November of 2009 and the second one in June of 2010. So... coming out with a expansion 7 months after the release of the game is a little long for me and to have it as lacking as the base game was a big let down. Will there be a Sims 5 I dont see it happening ever, point being people are so put out with Sims 4 and it didnt sell like they thought. Word spread like wild fire that it didnt live up to the expectations of the loyal Sim fans. So I dont see a Sims 5 ever. Since the day I first started playing Sims way back in Feb of 2000 I have been hooked, When they came out with Sims 2 I ordered a new PC just to play Sims 2. When I heard that Sims 4 had the look of Sims 2 I was thrilled until I bought it. I understand what their concept was but they missed the point we love Sims because they are Sims not what we have been given so far. So for now I will continue to play Sims 2 and 3 that is until they come out with toddlers and dishwashers and seasons.

So do you have a suggestion, or are you just here to waste my time with big walls of text.
  • Options
    Shade Shade Posts: 1 New Member
    edited May 2015
    So far I believe that TS4 is a good base game already but it is missing a bunch of crucial details that TS3 had, but has still made major improvements. I'll start with the good things many people don't realize about TS4.

1) Listen to your sims walk. A female sim that is wearing an item classified as heels make a different sound than another sim wearing sneakers. Try listening when sims walk on hard surfaces. (I actually found this to be pretty cool, its a sight detail, but makes the game so much more realistic)
    2) No clothing restrictions. I personally found it to be super annoying in TS3 when I had a dress in everyday that wasn't flagged for formal or something. TS4 has given a freedom by making us able to not have to use filters.
    3) Dances change with different emotions. Enough said.

All I would contribute to your list is the difference of heights in TS4. Not so much as a slider, but maybe three buttons consisting of the heights of short, average, and tall. It should be available for teen - elders. I know this will require a lot of animating but I believe that you guys at EA can make this possible.

I'm glad you guys at least take the time to ask what the fans desire. Even if all of these wishes don't become true I will stick with the game. I love The Sims and really hope guys consider my idea.
    ~Happy Simming :) :p
  • Options
    MrSimfeldMrSimfeld Posts: 91 Member
    Maybe my suggestions are already mentioned but I really have no time to read so many postings. So I will write my list, hopefully there is something new from me : )

I wish we get a

-Create a World tool for TS4. Or something like that. This could be a neigbourhood with empty lots, where we can change the color of gras and do some landscaping. ( I know there is is a petition for that. I already signed. Nevertheless I wanted to add to my list : ) )

Additionally I wish:

-pillows for the seatings!!!

-rounded roofs!!!

- more possibilities for drawing paintings. Like in Sims3 when a sim could remembered a picture he kept in his memory. Or it would be simply fun painting something if a sim is able to position an easel everywhere in the simworld. !!!

Happy simming! ♥
    Gallery ID : MrSimfeld

treehauspic3royh.png

• Options
    billybobs0billybobs0 Posts: 20 Member
    New Worlds and a World Editor Tool is needed very soon
  • Options
    AlexCowellAlexCowell Posts: 7 New Member
    Gardener(from the sims 2), burglar, policeman, firefighter and ordering food by phone like in the sims 2
  • Options
    AllisasAllisas Posts: 48 Member
    I think you'd be better of letting go of this sinking ship that is ts4 and start over with ts5 with a completely different approach. What about asking all your players what they would like to see? Don't pick and choose who you send your surveys too and stop thinking that your main age group is 10-15 years old. Most of us has been here for 5-10 years or more. :) What about putting the best features of ts2 and ts3 together? ^^
  • Options
    JoaoEliasJoaoElias Posts: 2 New Member
    So, here are some thoughts:

- A way to play with sims while working/studying, in every sim career.
    - A way to assign prefered food serving surfaces.
    - Non-mutual relationship increase/decrease for different/opposite traits.
    - A way to make a sim give specific orders to hired sims. (I hire entertainers that never play the piano and I wish I could ask 'em to do that, for example.)
    - Full ways to request invited/hired sims actions needed to fulfill party tasks. (Never understood why I can't ask the party chef to cook a specific dish I want served in the party.)
    - Grant full control over sims invited to vacation.
    - A way to hire passerby or invited sims to work for my venues.
    - Control over lighting color set and other live mode customizations in the Buy and Build Mode.
    - Height sliders for CAS.
    - Skin, hair and eyes dual tone selectors, with opacity sliders for secondary tone.
    - Unlocked career rewards for non-residential venues.
    - A way to buy and profit from any venue, not just comercial ones. (Yes, I want to own a bar!)
    - More detailed search parameters for the Gallery.
    - A way to set default search parameters for the Gallery.
  • Options
    nate3300nate3300 Posts: 51 Member
    edited May 2015
    The things that could be added to fix the game for me would be:

-Toddlers
    -An open world (Like The Sims 3)
    -Story Progression
    -Cars (If so, animations for cars like in The Sims 2)
    -Bosses
    -Dishwashers
    -Babies not to be "objects"
    -More in-depth dates
    -Carpool/Buses
    -More lots
    -Color Wheel (or at least an intensity slider for colors)
    -More community lots (Like in The Sims 3)
    -More in-depth actions happening around my sims
    -More in-depth teens
    -More stuff for babies, children, and teens
    -Create a world tool
    -Landscape
    -The lots we see to be available
    -All lots in action (Like in The Sims 3)
    -Other sims to propose to one-another
    -More interesting gameplay
    -More to do with pools
    -Hot Tubs
    -More in-depth emotions
    -Remembering back on events that have occurred
    -Lockable doors
    -Not having all rooms have a foundation underneath them
    -More to do with the gallery
    -No loading screens
    -Have every lot and public place you see available to travel to (No illusions)
    -More in-depth romance between Sims

(That's all I can think about now, and I know that some of the suggestions I provided uptop have been resolved by with Mods, but I want EA to officially release them, because Mods sometimes mess up the game, and you have to uninstall them every time a new update is released, and then re-install them or wait for when the creator updates it, it's just too much work for me.)

I hope they add or update the things I provided uptop! That would be great!

Thanks!
    Post edited by nate3300 on
    Nate3300Simmer
  • Options
    simsinmypocketsimsinmypocket Posts: 80 Member
    edited May 2015

1. Population Limit
    Options:
    2. Supernatural
    Options:
    3. Aging
    Options:
    4. Story progression
    Options:

Yes, yes, yes, and yes!

The POPULATION thing is something EA should work on ASAP! I hate those randomly generated townies - they are ugly and dressed inappropriately (not to mention tops not maching bottoms, make up and everything...). I replaced the population in game for some nice-looking families (cause I like it when my Sims have close friends) and I wish to see them more in public places and work places instead of seeing some new uglies that my game just created (there are tons of them! I just keep deleting and deleting and DELETING them!). :tired_face: And I would like to choose NPCs like mailman, maid, etc. and to keep them! I don't want a new mailman each time a mail comes.

Second thing - STORY PROGRESSION. Yes, PLEASE. I am so tired of being a manual story progression :confounded: (from time to time I move Sims that became young adults, find them a spouse, force them to have babies - all that, cause I want my town to LIVE, I want there to be families, legacies, history). Not to mention the time I have to spend as a manual story progression, instead of playing my family!

I don't care about aging options as I made my own mod to fix this.
    And, at this point, I don't mind aliens but some options mentioned above would be nice to have in game.

Oh, and I am still waiting for TODDLERS. You know, a missing lifestage (this is more than ridiculous that there is a newborn-object that turns into a kid that goes to school).

SLOWER relationship decay. I spend tons of time trying to keep my friends. :neutral:
    Post edited by simsinmypocket on