Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What CAN be done to fix TS4?

Comments

• Options
    HamsysincyHamsysincy Posts: 142 Member
    Well i take back my words...for now. After waiting for 3 months finally EA listened to my plea for a new neighborhood! Woohoo!! :smiley:
  • Options
    rochelimitrochelimit Posts: 777 Member
    Remove the loading screen to move one neighborhood. Don't use another excuse EAxis, it's just a matter of time until one Indie gamer develop one with no loading screen.
  • Options
    AlexCowellAlexCowell Posts: 7 New Member
    Dishwashers. Why in the sims 4 no dishwashers?
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Improve the memory system by adding more functionality and features for it.
  • Options
    dariodario Posts: 43 Member
    edited June 2015
    > @rochelimit said:
    > Remove the loading screen to move one neighborhood. Don't use another excuse EAxis, it's just a matter of time until one Indie gamer develop one with no loading screen.

against this if it means the game starts to lag. loaded items (house items, couches, tv's, counters, etc) take up memory on your computer. if you have 5 houses in the neighborhood, all filled to the rafters with stuff (inside the house) there goes your memory and the game starts lagging. i believe this i why they have the loading screen. so the game loads the minimum stuff (your house's items and the neighborhood exterior items). seeing you dont spend most your time in the neighbors' house, it's wise not to keep all the stuff you won't be interacting with loaded all the time. if this means the graphics can improve, the animations are smoother and bigger neighborhoods full of stuff can be loaded and interacted with smoothly, i have to prefer the little loading screen. i wonder if the sims 3 was laggy with their no-loading system, but i believe it indeed got laggy after a ton of items.

i guess a better solution would be the game alowing us to control the load. if we want to load everything at once, and have no loading screen, or load bare minimums and keep the loading screen.
    Post edited by dario on
  • Options
    Hockeyfan360Hockeyfan360 Posts: 5 New Member
    Add a create a world feature.
  • Options
    Ulfric_GrimbrandUlfric_Grimbrand Posts: 681 Member
    @FusionFang7 I just thought of something. I would love a method (new cheat code / function) to remove a skill completely. The Mischief Skill has ruined a lot of family relationships, so I don't like my Sims to have it.
  • Options
    rochelimitrochelimit Posts: 777 Member
    edited June 2015
    dario wrote: »
    > @rochelimit said:
    > Remove the loading screen to move one neighborhood. Don't use another excuse EAxis, it's just a matter of time until one Indie gamer develop one with no loading screen.

against this if it means the game starts to lag. loaded items (house items, couches, tv's, counters, etc) take up memory on your computer. if you have 5 houses in the neighborhood, all filled to the rafters with stuff (inside the house) there goes your memory and the game starts lagging. i believe this i why they have the loading screen. so the game loads the minimum stuff (your house's items and the neighborhood exterior items). seeing you dont spend most your time in the neighbors' house, it's wise not to keep all the stuff you won't be interacting with loaded all the time. if this means the graphics can improve, the animations are smoother and bigger neighborhoods full of stuff can be loaded and interacted with smoothly, i have to prefer the little loading screen. i wonder if the sims 3 was laggy with their no-loading system, but i believe it indeed got laggy after a ton of items.

i guess a better solution would be the game alowing us to control the load. if we want to load everything at once, and have no loading screen, or load bare minimums and keep the loading screen.

I hate to hear excuses over failing game engine or memory. We are fans who are waiting 10 years for an improvement, and Maxis can't even develop a proper 2015-technology game? 2004 Sims2 can have hair movement physic, 10 years Later Sims4 can't handle physics? Almost all game of 2015 can handle physic! Don't get me wrong, but next time in Sims 4 Season, they will use another excuse not to do a snow falling animation in winter because the new engine doesn't handle snow falling animation.
  • Options
    dariodario Posts: 43 Member
    edited June 2015
    > @rochelimit said:
    > dario wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I hate to hear excuses over failing game engine or memory. We are fans who are waiting 10 years for an improvement, and Maxis can't even develop a proper 2015-technology game? 2004 Sims2 can have hair movement physic, 10 years Later Sims4 can't handle physics? Almost all game of 2015 can handle physic! Don't get me wrong, but next time in Sims 4 Season, they will use another excuse not to do a snow falling animation in winter because the new engine doesn't handle snow falling animation.

my guess is they want to add much more content to the game in the future, so to me a loading screen is a requirement to be able add max items to the game and have one less thing to worry about (memory eat up). although its frustrating a bit to see the loading screen, i understand them wanting to have a smooth gameplay. remember, not everyone has high spec computer, they (ea) want to push the game to the max people they can reach. this is a family game, not for hardcore gamers, aka, for people with normal computers, not alienware laptops. still a bit frustrating, but i can see their point of view (if this is in fact, the case).

edit: yeah, now you've got me wanting no loading screens! it would be cool not to have loads between houses in the same neighborhood.
    Post edited by dario on
  • Options
    TaytoreTaytore Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2015
    I'm not sure if anyone has said this before, but it just came to me when I was playing the Sims, and one of my gentlemen was beamed up by an alien and impregnated (I don't know about you, but I think Senior Pollinator Number Three has a problem, it's always her whose the mother for me!)
    Anyways,I would LOVE to be able to have the step-parent adopt a child as their own. I suppose this would mean that they could have more then two parents, but I don't see a problem with that. While it says "Stepfather" when you look in the family tree, when the two are talking under relationship it says "Friends". This is irritating to me, especially since the other spouse has also raised the child since birth. I think this would also be great for if your sim is marrying another sim who has a child, or vise versa. And for me and I'm sure some others, it would be great regards to alien abduction pregnancy, should a person own Get to Work.
    Thanks!

And the obligatory please add TODDLERS! (Please!)
  • Options
    CaughtkneeCaughtknee Posts: 2 New Member
    I have a few wants.
    - Swing sets and more play equipment in general for the kid .
    - kids & adults/teens being able to take photos with a camera/when you select "take picture with" through phone... They can do it through clicking on a person why not through a camera.
    - more items for kids.
    - more teen specific items
    - a "take photo of" option when you click on a baby or through camera/phone"
    - more back drops on the photography studio
    - allowing more then just 2 people in a photo
    - more pool stuff
    - auto roof
    - more flower options
    - being able to buy groceries
    - a secondary program that allows you to modify clothes/hair colours/build and buy stuff and make world's
    - toddlers, I thought I would be fine with out them but I'm not, the age jump is just to unrealistic.
    - a sims 3 style online store but with a much better pricing system.
    - a better foundation system. Maybe I don't want my house on a foundation but I would love a raised entertaining area in the back corner by the pool.
    - a toy making bench (like from the sims 2 or 3 cant remember which though)
  • Options
    The more I think on what can be done to improve TS4, my mind keeps going back to:
    Take The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, and add the CAS ability to customize the Sims' bodies that The Sims 4 has, and it's dang near a perfect game. I don't even mind having only the 4 skin tones in TS2, though I would like to add Hispanic, Native American, and Asian skin tones and eyes. (Perhaps a Select Ethnicity when creating a Sim). And include the cut scenes for Woohoo and Kissing.
  • Options
    Twilight32Twilight32 Posts: 165 Member
    > @AlexCowell said:
    > Dishwashers. Why in the sims 4 no dishwashers?

I think it's because that we could throw dishes by ourselves, i myself carry the dishes and trashes by myself..
    tumblr_mwa83vkbtE1rs4459o1_400.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    > @Twilight32

Dishwashers are example. EA took us lot of things: raise terrain, lower terrain, level terrain, pond, dishwashers, deck chairs, burglars, firefighters and many more but they gave us simplified build mode and we don't need to be creative because everything is simple and ready.
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Sims should not feel like robots. If they fixed this in the future for The Sims 4, the game would be much better. For example, Sims should remember significant lifetime memories, such as birthdays, deaths of other Sims, first love's kiss, becoming a mother/father, fires and other accidents, etc. PLEASE Maxis, you have done it before, you can do it again! :smiley:
  • Options
    > @AlexCowell said:
    > Dishwashers are example. EA took us lot of things: raise terrain, lower terrain, level terrain, pond, dishwashers, deck chairs, burglars, firefighters and many more but they gave us simplified build mode and we don't need to be creative because everything is simple and ready.

Yep, that is all true, i like to have more npc so it feel more lively...
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    I would like less irrelevant social pie menu with more unique interactions.

I don't need 100 entries for telling a joke.
  • Options
    > @Ulfric_Grimbrand

Yeah that is true, I don't know why in the sims 4 are so many skin tones because I always use one (my favourite :) ) of them. Cities are too small to so many races of people. It's unnatural and not normal. In the sims 4 are plenty of things doesn't make sense such as sims go to work or school on foot (it's supposed to be green) but when you look around you'll see trains with coal (it's realy green) or steamship and old cars (if the cars are in the game why we don't have cars).
  • Options
    townie1010townie1010 Posts: 104 Member
    trampolines lol
  • Options
    sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    They need to bring back the nanny the repair man the social worker the butler the gardener the burgler the fireman the police kids sneaking out toddlers he social bunny the everything that they took away that makes for a enjoyable sims game.. The fine details and surprises is missing the open world was nice but it was too massive. We need a complete overhaul and I don't see that happening but we still have the best the sims 1 and 2
  • Options
    I wish teens are different from adult, because now it's pretty confusing..
  • Options
    AviendhaRSAviendhaRS Posts: 268 Member
    I saw in other(category) you posted a recolor tool. Would this be a color wheel for CAS and build mode cuz we definitely need those.

I think the political career would be good for the GTW expansion.
    - at the early levels you could help raise campaign funds/promote a politician by talking to random sims/giving out pamphlets etc.
    - later levels you could organize speeches, run for office, become the sim town mayor, plan community events like BBQs etc
    - Good/Corrupt politician option:
    (1) Good could create charities, positive community events, encourage town folks to live healthier and cleaner
    (2) Bad could set up fellow politicians for political catastrophes, abduct llamas, encourage town folks to be mean, lazy, dirty
  • Options
    Pris3718Pris3718 Posts: 37 Member
    In the Sims4 the older married couples with many children. Woohoo for the first time. I think that is interesting.
  • Options
    KalanafeinKalanafein Posts: 106 Member
    I wish that when the children start going to school they automatically get to know their classmates. Right now my children feel kinda lonely unless I take them to the community lots to meet other kids.
  • Options
    Kalanafein wrote: »
    I wish that when the children start going to school they automatically get to know their classmates. Right now my children feel kinda lonely unless I take them to the community lots to meet other kids.

One of the options when you send them to school is to have them Socialize. They do from time to time meet someone that way. But it's not like it was in TS2, where they simply met someone and brought them home.