Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Testing MOO - Updated 10/21/16

Comments

• Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Yes, you can, @Cerrydd. :)
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I am still looking for a couple more testers for my Intersecting Roof and And the Cows Says 2 lots. I've had variable results reported. If anyone's on and could help, I'd appreciate it! Just post your results on the lot comments or on my profile.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    Thanks to @Allieraptor for doing some additional testing. It seems like if you have MOO on when placing the lots, the game can be more forgiving if you place them from Manage Worlds, but it's inconsistent, so I would still recommend that we direct people to place them in Build Mode.
  • Options
    FireFlower29FireFlower29 Posts: 168 Member
    edited December 2014
    Nice to know about build mode as opposed to manage lots. I uploaded a cabin today with some MOO used. Feel free to check it for me to see if it's working as planned. If not I'll comment and post the update.

You can find it here: Woodland Christmas Cabin

I'd be more than happy to test yours for you as well. I've never enlarged objects but I have found buydebug LOL I wonder if those will go through as well. My lot has 4 buydebug items. I desperately want to use those objects....they're scrappy and perfect for crummy housing! LOL

;)
  • Options
    @FireFlower29 I'm just about to go to bed, but I'll be happy to take a look at your cabin tomorrow (I'm really enjoying checking out all the new holiday builds anyway!). Unfortunately, debug objects do not transfer. :\
  • Options
    Not a problem! My pillow has been calling me for a while now :)

It bites that debug objects don't transfer....why have them if we can't use them?? Oh well,,,,,one more thing to ask them for :(

Sleep well!
  • Options
    Chris2fer03Chris2fer03 Posts: 650 Member
    Hey Bry, thanks for all of the testing time you are putting in, I appreciate it. :) I will dL your builds after work and report back to you with various scenarios. Thanks for the feedback on my Griswold Christmas House build. I have placed it from my library and the gallery, in build mode, with move objects on and off getting the same results. I don't have a problem with the lights transferring. I tried on two different 40x30 lots. If anyone doesn't mind testing this a few times I would greatly appreciate it. In order to place the lights on the roof I had to create walls, place lights and delete the walls. With MOO the lights and other objects on walls will now stay in place (pending other tests) even if the walls are deleted. Thanks again Bry, I will check back soon. :) #chris2fer03

Gallery ID: chris2fer03
    ~Showcase Thread~ ~Photobucket~
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Oh WOW! Great to hear that MOO is back and hopefully it transfers with the upload? Such a pity that the debug items does not transfer! :'(
  • Options
    I took my test lots off the Gallery, but I'm certainly not opposed to more testing, especially the one with an enlarged object, so I'll put them back up if you'd still like to try them @Chris2fer03 and @FireFlower29. I hope that when other people download your lot, they don't experience the missing lights, Chris; I hope it was just an isolated issue with me, as I could see the work you put into them on in the Gallery pic.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I just tested Chris' lot, and it worked fine when I installed in build mode, but when I installed from gallery/world mode it was missing a corner cabinet, chair, xmas tree, landscaping details, the front door and some of the lights.

I'm wondering if buydebug items only disappear if MOO is used or just because. One of mine was a wall item and didn't use MOO, while the chairs on the deck were MOO'd.

I'd be more than happy to test your lot!
  • Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    Sooo, I totally jumped on board the MOO train with the build I’m working on. I’d like to upload it when I’m finished but I’m concerned about a few things. I’ll play test if first but I was wondering if anyone has play tested sim interactions with MOO’ed objects yet.
    I haven’t played with pools yet and I don’t know all the interactions so this is my main concern:
    16017462456_080e69d25b.jpgGBGarden WIP by treece0299, on Flickr
    I think sims should be able to swim but I don’t know about other interactions.
    I’m also thinking these benches might be a problem:
    15855970938_72f8a07459.jpgGBGarden WIP by treece0299, on Flickr
    Any thoughts before I go too Moo crazy?
    Thanks!
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    edited December 2014
    Hey @BryonyRae. I tested your And the Cow Says 2. Just to let you know that even the bb.moveobjects turned off still preserved. :D

EDIT: I also tested your Intersecting Roof Test, and it worked very fine. :)
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    Bry, thank you for all the testing and updates you are doing to inform us of any issues. It's a little disappointing that debug items still don't transfer! I wonder if Sim created items/ collectibles and even object upgrades transfer now?
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    @FireFlower29 Yes, adding lots from Manage Worlds is a definite problem and will wipe out a lot of MOO'd stuff. We should definitely advise our downloaders to use Build Mode only. As for debug items, I don't think it has anything to do with MOO. They never have transferred, ever since they were added. It's something else that the developers are going to have to tweak. I took a look at your Woodland Christmas Cabin (very cute, by the way!), and everything came over fine in Build Mode.

@treece01 With your pool, I think it will come down to whether the objects MOO'd are objects that sims have to route around or whether they can just step through them. The other thing you might see is just graphical - like if a sim sits on the edge of your bench and intersects with the planter box. We are all going to have to test our builds a good deal for playability and to make sure there aren't any graphical oddities, so just move a sim onto your lot at some point (maybe fairly early in the building process), and test, test, test!

@RyeCris16 Thank you for testing! Argh, I just don't know what to make of that 2nd test. It seems like it sometimes works with MOO off, but it sometimes doesn't. The first time I placed it in my game, it didn't work, but I just tried again, and it did. I really don't want to tell people that they have to have MOO on to place a lot...

@Tiki5872 You're welcome. Thank you for participating! I'm doubting that they will, but if you want to upload a test lot, I'll be happy to take a look. I haven't accumulated any collectibles or done any upgrades myself.

• Options
    ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited December 2014
    I have been testing this extensively, but I did not find that the MOO was affected by placing from manage worlds....just the "made bigger objects" do not seem to appear bigger as they should.

Everything else seems to transfer ok, regardless of how it is placed. What am I doing differently?

Also....I have discovered that it doesnt seem like the MOO is causing routing problems like it used to...sims seem to just do what they gotta do...with some pretty weird results...lol.
    12-17-14_1-53nbspPM_zps302aa187.png
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    @ruthlesskk Glad to see you're on it too! in your MOO testing, are you overlapping objects, placing them through walls, etc.?

Maybe it would be best if we detail out each case. I have a lot out there, "And the Cow Says" that just simply has MOO'd objects, no enlarged objects (that overlap). I've got overlapping objects and objects placed partially through walls. I've got an enlarged lamp on the lot, but it isn't overlapping anything.

When I load my game and am sitting in the World Map screen, if I go to the Gallery, choose that build, and then choose a lot to place it on, I lose all of the MOO'd stuff that overlapped or went through the wall. And of course, my enlarged lamp is smaller (as has always been the case). If you wouldn't mind, would you follow the same steps with that lot and see what happens in your game? MOO off before you start. Thank you!

And anyone else is welcome to do the same! The more testers, the better.
    Post edited by BryonyRae on
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Hmmm.....the difference might be saving to library and loading from Manage worlds. In my testing with a friend, I saved the lot to library and placed it that way...not directly from gallery. Perhaps that is the issue?

I will try grabbing your lot and seeing if that makes a difference.

Edit: It DOES. Good to know! This does make things tricky for sharing, doesnt it?

I am also testing routing issues and finding it is not at all cut and dried. My sims can use a mailbox embedded in stairs, for instance...or sit IN a table....but they could not use a MOO'd stove at all. Seems like we will need to assume every MOO'd object that has a function should be carefully checked before sharing.

image4A_zps63a717a8.png
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Working with that same lot, when I place it while in build mode (whether from an empty lot or replacing a build already on the lot, and regardless of whether the lot is populated or not), all the MOO'd stuff is there. My enlarged lamp is also still enlarged.
  • Options
    What's really bugging me is my 2nd test case, my And the Cow Says 2 lot. The first time I placed it from the Gallery (while in build mode and with MOO off), the enlarged lamp and MOO'd stuff it overlapped were obliterated. After I turned MOO on, it placed fine. One other tester reported the same. However, others said it transferred fine without MOO, and I myself haven't been able to repeat the failure. I don't know whether I need to advise downloaders to have MOO turned on or not for a case like that. :\
  • Options
    I didnt have a problem with your lot at all...as long as I was in build mode, it seems everything comes out ok.

I hesitate to tell people to turn on MOO to download a lot....if they forget to turn it off, they could have issues with their game...and it seems like more trouble than just placing from build mode...which could intimidate non builders or less experienced simmers.
  • Options
    So you tried the second lot as well? Yes, I really don't want to have to tell people to turn MOO on either!
  • Options
    Thanks for testing my cabin, I haven't yet found your uploads. I looked last night but the gallery kept coming up empty.

I was wondering tho, did the chairs on the deck show up? Those were buydebug items.

I had also play-tested all the items, Moo'd and all, and had no issues with them. However, I hadn't used MOO for appliances or plumbing items, only the dining table/chairs (as a set) and the sofa, etc. The sim sat and used the items with no problems.

When I tested Chris' lot, I had saved to my library from the gallery, then when in the world placed the lot from the library to an empty lot. Missing items. In build mode, everything was there. At least we all find the same problem.
  • Options
    @FireFlower29 No, no chairs on the deck, sorry. I hadn't noticed them on your Gallery pic.

@ruthlesskk I know I said Gallery, but I was using my Library within the Gallery for all of my tests. I have not tried placing a lot directly from the Gallery without downloading it to my own Library first. So I get the Manage Worlds bad behavior when placing from the Library (and I'm sure from the Gallery directly if I were to try it).
  • Options
    Hey Bry, thanks for all of the testing time you are putting in, I appreciate it. :) I will dL your builds after work and report back to you with various scenarios. Thanks for the feedback on my Griswold Christmas House build. I have placed it from my library and the gallery, in build mode, with move objects on and off getting the same results. I don't have a problem with the lights transferring. I tried on two different 40x30 lots. If anyone doesn't mind testing this a few times I would greatly appreciate it. In order to place the lights on the roof I had to create walls, place lights and delete the walls. With MOO the lights and other objects on walls will now stay in place (pending other tests) even if the walls are deleted. Thanks again Bry, I will check back soon. :) #chris2fer03

@Chris2fer03 I commented on your build in the Gallery, but it's strange enough to be worth posting here. When I originally took a look at your lot, I placed it on the 50x50 lot in Oasis Springs. This has typically been my go-to lot for looking at builds, because I can just plop them down there, one after the other, and I know where the border is supposed to be on the smaller ones, so I ignore the extra space. I never thought it would matter, but in your build's case, it does!

On the 50x50 lot, it took a bunch of your roof lights and placed them up in the air way to the left of the home. I have no idea why! Your home works fine on the 40x30 lots for which its designed, so my apologies for the confusion stemming from using that bigger lot. Yet, I wanted to post about it here, because it seems to me that there is no (good) reason why the lights should have gotten moved around just from bumping up a lot size.
  • Options
    Chris2fer03Chris2fer03 Posts: 650 Member
    Thanks @BryonyRae for testing my lot and finding a logical reason for the light issue. I will update my thread to inform that it needs to be placed on a 40x30 lot. As you stated it was unfortunate but a noteworthy issue nonetheless. I have tested all of your test lots, same results with each:

1) Build mode > MOO on > everything transferred fine.
    2) Build mode > MOO off > fine again.
    3) Mapview > enlarged items returned to original size.

Hope this helps. :)
    Gallery ID: chris2fer03
    ~Showcase Thread~ ~Photobucket~
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif