Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Testing MOO - Updated 10/21/16

Comments

• Options
    kreatorakreatora Posts: 557 Member
    edited March 2015
    @BryonyRae wrote;
    MOO'd objects are sometimes removed upon reload of save (and placed in inventory).
    To prevent this phenomenon only option is every time to switch on "MOO" when we are in Manage Worls before playing family.. Unfortunately it is quite troublesome and therefore in every house which I play I do not use MOO.
    I do not know how children can deal with it after downloading from Gallery such a house.. Probably they will dispose of it
    using bad words :D
    P.S. 1) This applies to items processed by the help of MOO such as, for example furniture
    2) I have downloaded your lot and I will test it :)
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ
  • Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited March 2015
    OK re-tested and here are my results with pics.

Debug worked great:
    1_zpsuwfr6gn8.png

MOO off/Build mode:
    2_zpshpgkr6c9.png

MOO on/Build mode: This one had items shifted!
    3_zpsmz14yxgf.png

MOO off/Manage world:
    4_zpsced7m8lj.png

MOO on/Manage World
    5_zpsrno2okjq.png

Artwork transferred great:
    6_zpsz0atf2iw.png
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    @kreatora Yes, this was what I've found too - always turn MOO on before entering the WIP lot, leave it on throughout the building process, and save with it on. Since doing that, I never had an object go missing. You're right; it's a lot to ask the typical downloader, especially those that might be gun-shy of keeping MOO on do to bad experiences in prior games with it on. In my experience though, I haven't suffered any ill effects playing with it on, which I pretty much always do. I am mostly play testing though - not going through generation after generation. Ideally, Maxis will fix it down the road, so that the only time we'll need it turned on is for placement. Thank you very much for testing the lot! Let us know how it turns out.

@Tiki5872 is it possible you have the images for Build Mode, MOO off and Manage Worlds, MOO off reversed? I ask because if they are correct, you're showing enlarged objects shrinking when placed from build mode but being retained from Manage Worlds which would...make my head explode. :p But then again, it's late; I'd better get to bed or it might explode anyway!

Goodnight, Testers, and thank you! :D
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Oops! Did I posted it in wrong thread? So sorry! ^_^
    Anyway, you're most welcome and thanks for testing my debug lights too! It's great that even debug lights transferred well. :smiley: I'll use them on my future builds and delete the test lot. :)

I'll test your latest MOO test lot too to see if this one also has the same happening to me. ;)
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    BryonyRae wrote: »
    @kreatora Yes, this was what I've found too - always turn MOO on before entering the WIP lot, leave it on throughout the building process, and save with it on. Since doing that, I never had an object go missing. You're right; it's a lot to ask the typical downloader, especially those that might be gun-shy of keeping MOO on do to bad experiences in prior games with it on. In my experience though, I haven't suffered any ill effects playing with it on, which I pretty much always do. I am mostly play testing though - not going through generation after generation. Ideally, Maxis will fix it down the road, so that the only time we'll need it turned on is for placement. Thank you very much for testing the lot! Let us know how it turns out.

@Tiki5872 is it possible you have the images for Build Mode, MOO off and Manage Worlds, MOO off reversed? I ask because if they are correct, you're showing enlarged objects shrinking when placed from build mode but being retained from Manage Worlds which would...make my head explode. :p But then again, it's late; I'd better get to bed or it might explode anyway!

Goodnight, Testers, and thank you! :D

You know Bry, it could be possible!! :# It was late, and I have to admit I was tired, but wanted to get you the info. I will re-do my testing again later on and I will make sure I am awake! LOL

NewBanner.jpg
  • Options
    No worries, @RyeCris16 and @Tiki5872; I just appreciate that you're testing! :)

Based on additional testing I've done this morning with some of my lots that make heavy use of MOO, I am cautiously optimistic that Manage Worlds is now preserving MOO'd objects just as well as Build Mode does. The only issue is that it still doesn't preserve enlarged objects. If any of you find that, on the contrary, you are still missing MOO'd objects when placing from Manage Worlds, please let me know.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Here is my re-testing (and I promise I am wide awake this time LOL)

Build mode/moo off

1_zpshgwgquy4.png

build mode/moo on (turned moo on in manage world)

2_zpsrjwzg59d.png

build mode/moo on (turned moo on while on lot)

3_zpskzvlzeej.png

build mode/moo on (placed on larger lot)

4_zpsi0st6w5v.png

manage world/moo off

5_zpsmsrlznqf.png

manage world/moo on

6_zpspga9m1qa.png

The whole thing with the items moving perplexed me so I started doing some fiddling. I have found that if you activate the cheat while on the lot and you are placing a lot from the gallery on a larger lot this happens, at least from my findings. If I activate the cheat while in map view and then place the lot this does not happen. Can someone else test this theory and see if you get the same results??

NewBanner.jpg
  • Options
    There is definitely a problem now if you place a MOO'd lot in build mode with MOO on. There is a tendency for several objects to get moved to other locations on the lot. I just experienced this in a big way when I was testing something with my Moody Blues lot. If you place it in build mode with MOO off, it's fine, but try it with MOO on...whoa. I'm going to float this to @SimGuruHouts attention ASAP. You may well want to test any previous lots you've published and add a comment to let people know to have MOO off for placement.
  • Options
    There is definitely a problem now if you place a MOO'd lot in build mode with MOO on. There is a tendency for several objects to get moved to other locations on the lot. I just experienced this in a big way when I was testing something with my Moody Blues lot. If you place it in build mode with MOO off, it's fine, but try it with MOO on...whoa. I'm going to float this to @SimGuruHouts attention ASAP. You may well want to test any previous lots you've published and add a comment to let people know to have MOO off for placement.

Seems like MOO has really been borked instead of fixing it. Did you try what I suggested above and see if it has any difference on the way the lot places?
    NewBanner.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Just tested your method, @Tiki5872, and you're right. Very, very weird. Even as weird as prior bugs have been in this game. :p

Edit: However, I need to clarify that I'm experiencing the issue regardless of lot size. With my test lot, I had placed it in the exact same location where it was created. I was placing Moody Blues on a 40x30, which was what it was designed for. Placement on larger lots has actually always been a cause for trouble, with a lot of cases where MOO'd lights and other objects would get shifted around.

Edit: Interestingly, my Tru-Log Cabin is fine when placed via build mode with MOO on - I expected it to practically explode, but everything was in place.
    Post edited by BryonyRae on
  • Options
    Just tested your method, @Tiki5872, and you're right. Very, very weird. Even as weird as prior bugs have been in this game. :p

Edit: However, I need to clarify that I'm experiencing the issue regardless of lot size. With my test lot, I had placed it in the exact same location where it was created. I was placing Moody Blues on a 40x30, which was what it was designed for. Placement on larger lots has actually always been a cause for trouble, with a lot of cases where MOO'd lights and other objects would get shifted around.

Edit: Interestingly, my Tru-Log Cabin is fine when placed via build mode with MOO on - I expected it to practically explode, but everything was in place.

Strange indeed!! I will do some more testing tonight after my little one goes to bed (I can concentrate better without a 4 year old running around). I will also test out your Moody Blues lot and see what results I come up with. I am not surprised that there are issues given that this patch made it so we can move entire lots and place larger lots on smaller ones now. Hopefully it's something that can and will be addressed soon.
    NewBanner.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks, @Tiki5872!

The other thing I've been experiencing in my build today is height adjusted objects dropping back to their original height in the interior. I expect it when they're outside, but this seems new. Can anyone else confirm that this is happening with some of their objects? In particular, I have a ground light that I notched up a few times, and it drops back down pretty much every time I load my game. I still have to experiment with loading with MOO off vs. on to see if that makes any difference...
  • Options
    CerryddCerrydd Posts: 471 Member
    @Cerrydd Thank you for testing! Rats, I was hoping the leftward migration would just be a one-off that happened to me. I'm going to try placing several of my other lots where I used a lot of MOO and see if I observe any other variations between MOO on and off in build mode. It would be too weird if it was now actually more stable to do the placement with it off! As for your stairs issue, I'd like to try reproducing it in my game; would you mind giving me the steps to do so?

This is the setup:

tumblr_nlwdvsYmYp1s873l7o3_1280.png
    tumblr_nlwdvsYmYp1s873l7o2_1280.png
    tumblr_nlwdvsYmYp1s873l7o1_1280.png

A medium-height room, 7 squares wide. A 1 square wide room on top of that in the middle, to create a landing for the stairs. A bigger half-gable roof behind it to cover stuff up in the back, and a tiny half-gable roof to cover the landing. You'll want to add the tiny roof last, because you can't place the stairs when the roof is there. Not sure what's causing this, it always placed right before the patch. I hope the steps are clear :)

I'll go check out the roof eave behavior now!
    What have I been up to lately? Cerrydd / #cerrydd in the gallery
  • Options
    @BryonyRae , I just did some testing with your Moody Blues lot! I put the lot down 4 different ways:

Manage world/moo off
    Manage world/moo on
    Build mode/ moo off
    Build mode/ moo on

I did not see anything that was blatantly out of place... then again this lot is so stunning that if something is out of place it will most likely not be noticed!! ;)

The only items out of place that I noticed had to do with the ceiling work you did using the shelving (awesome idea). The whole effect was lost when placing the lot in manage world using both moo on/off. However when I placed it in build mode the effect was preserved in the sitting area/kitchen and bedroom. This happened with moo on and off. The other thing that was missing when placing in manage world was the light purple area rug placed over the blue area rugs under the dinning area. This stayed when placing in build mode. The waterfall effect you used on the pool above and below stayed as is in both manage world or build mode moo on/off. I did not see any lighting out of place. I hope this helps a little. Maybe someone else can test this lot as well and see if they come up with the same thing.
    NewBanner.jpg
  • Options
    Hmm...you would have noticed it, I'm sure, as it was pretty crazy - it actually duplicated a bunch of those monolith deals and put them over near the pool. Now, I did place it from my Library and not the Gallery. I wonder if it is somehow bugged in my Library. Will try placing it from the Gallery...
  • Options
    Kementari wrote: »
    Just wanted to let you know that I had a very weird issue happen tonight with a lot I placed from my library.

I placed the lot from build mode with MOO on. This is what it is supposed to look like

2hs2eex.jpg

and this is what it looked like when I placed it

t5siyq.jpg

118zjf6.jpg

It completely rearrange most of the furniture! It was placed on one of the lots in Willow Creek that Cerrydd had circled in red from this post http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13212524/#Comment_13212524
    There was also a bunch of cowberries and pears on the ground near the fridge lol

When I placed it again on the same lot I built it on originally everything was okay. I am wondering if maybe the issue is with the actual lot maybe?

@Kementari Ah, looks like you have also experienced the new bug some of us are getting with MOO. If we turn it on in build mode and place our lot, objects can get shifted around. And it's an interesting observation you've made that it may be related to specific lots. I plan to test that theory today.

What you can also try in the meantime is actually turning MOO on Manage Worlds *before* you go to place your lot. Then go into the lot and place it while MOO is still on - that has worked for a couple of us. Also, you can try simply placing it with MOO off - it seems like MOO'd lots are more stable as a whole now (with the exception of the shifting objects issue) and are placing well whether MOO is off or on.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    @Tiki5872 and @Kementari I believe the objects shifting issue is indeed related to specific lots. I just got done testing my Moody Blues lot on every 40x30 lot in WC and OS, and it only bugs out on Umbrage Manor and Yuma Heights; all other lots are fine for it.

For those of you experiencing this issue, when it happens to one of your builds, would you please test whether you get the same issue on other lots of that size? Since I also had the issue with the original March MOO Test lot, I'm also going to be testing the 20x15s.

Edit: Oh, and would someone please confirm that Moody Blues bugs out on those two lots in your game as well? You can download it here. Thank you!

Edit: Both 50x50 lots, Oakenstead and Affluista Mansion exhibit the problem, at least with Yume- n i (forum didn't n i for some reason) Temple by CobayanBBQ. It just happened to be a lot I saw on the Gallery that I wanted to take a closer look at. Boy, does it blow up with MOO on. Again, if anyone could verify that the same thing happens in their game, I'd be grateful. The lot is here.

Edit: And my March MOO Test lot has its contents shift when placed on any 30x20 lot. Granted, it was created on a 20x15, but contents shouldn't shift regardless of lot size, so this should provide a good example for Maxis.
    Post edited by BryonyRae on
  • Options
    Well, I know with GTW coming out today, testing and whatnot is going to be a hard sell, but if anyone has the time to jump on board this week, I'd appreciate it. :)
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Another thing I'm testing today is whether height adjusted objects are retaining their height consistently indoors. Pre-patch, they were staying up, and the only problem we observed was when they were placed outside of a "room." Post patch, I've noticed that occasionally, one or two will reset its height when I place the lot from the Library or reload a save. I've got a test lot up now (get it here), and one of the objects is indeed dropping in my test. So this is something we're going to need to watch out for now. I haven't yet found a rhyme or reason to it.

Another odd thing I noticed while setting up the lot was that when I viewed it with walls down, some of the height adjusted objects would disappear from view. With walls back up, they showed up again. Now, this only happened when there was flooring above the room (which I took off for the Gallery save so that the objects could be seen in the gallery picture). If you want to see the glitch in action on the test lot, just plop in flooring above it (use the flat square piece and extend it). I'm a little concerned because I'm sure a lot of people who play in live mode do so with walls down...
  • Options
    MisscaptainpwnMisscaptainpwn Posts: 1 New Member
    Okay, only like half of the cheat works for me. I've watched YouTube videos and read multiple things to make sure I was doing it correctly. I can see that the cheat will kind of let you drag and drop it as well as hovering. I can hover and place in walls and put multiple things together, however, I would really like to know how I can fix the drag and drop problem. Thanks!
  • Options
    @Misscaptainpwn I need a few more specifics in order to help. What is it you're trying to MOO, and what exactly do you mean by "drag and drop?" Screen shots would probably help a lot to clarify.
  • Options
    BeltanefireBeltanefire Posts: 11 New Member
    What I experienced so far is, that several objects that had been placed with MOO in houses I built before the latest Patch, disappeared.
    It doesn't matter if I activated the cheat or not: they are not there. What I also noticed is, that after the Patch objects inside houses seem
    to stay where they are supposed to be, even if you place the house out of the neighbourhoodview. But enlarged objects will have their
    original size. So if you used some enlarged objects, the houses MUST be placed out of the Buildmode. It is not necessary to activate the
    cheat. Objects outside a house that are "floating" (that do not have contact with a wall or something) disappear or fall down when
    you don't activate the cheat. For example: For a house I built for a Secret Agent I placed this small satellite things on top of two Llama shrubs.
    But that didn't work. When I placed the lot out of the gallery the satellites disappeared, even with activated cheat. The same happens to
    columns or other things that are not "attached" to a wall.
  • Options
    Ah, pre-patch, yes, if you lost it, you lost it, I'm afraid. Yes, MOO is more stable now whether placing via build mode or Manage Worlds, but enlarged objects will only remain enlarged if placed in build mode. Yes, the height adjustment issue is known as well; objects you want to height adjust have to be over what the game considers a room. I just didn't understand what you were trying to say re: drag and drop.
  • Options
    CerryddCerrydd Posts: 471 Member
    Am I going crazy, or is MOO behaving weirder, especially with height-adjusted items? I've been working on some builds and I've noticed I keep losing objects, even while building. I can't remember it ever happening this often before.

Height-adjusted plants:

tumblr_nnacevlWck1s873l7o3_r1_1280.png

Paint a wall, and the plants drop:

tumblr_nnacevlWck1s873l7o4_r1_1280.png

Height-adjusted bookcases:

tumblr_nnacevlWck1s873l7o5_r1_1280.png

Paint a wall, and the bookcases don't drop, but completely disappear:

tumblr_nnacevlWck1s873l7o6_r1_1280.png

Placed it to see what would happen with MOO off, plants stayed high but bookcases disappear:

tumblr_nnacevlWck1s873l7o9_r1_1280.png

When I placed it with MOO on, the bookcases were there, but the plants dropped. :s Unlucky streak, or did anyone else run into this many MOO woes?
    What have I been up to lately? Cerrydd / #cerrydd in the gallery
  • Options
    petalbotpetalbot Posts: 1,423 Member
    edited April 2015
    Cerrydd wrote: »
    Am I going crazy, or is MOO behaving weirder, especially with height-adjusted items? I've been working on some builds and I've noticed I keep losing objects, even while building. I can't remember it ever happening this often before.

Height-adjusted plants:

tumblr_nnacevlWck1s873l7o3_r1_1280.png

Paint a wall, and the plants drop:

tumblr_nnacevlWck1s873l7o4_r1_1280.png

Height-adjusted bookcases:

tumblr_nnacevlWck1s873l7o5_r1_1280.png

Paint a wall, and the bookcases don't drop, but completely disappear:

tumblr_nnacevlWck1s873l7o6_r1_1280.png

Placed it to see what would happen with MOO off, plants stayed high but bookcases disappear:

tumblr_nnacevlWck1s873l7o9_r1_1280.png

When I placed it with MOO on, the bookcases were there, but the plants dropped. :s Unlucky streak, or did anyone else run into this many MOO woes?

I have experienced this issue myself with my last build Maison du Soleil. Simply placing wall coverings would cause objects to disappear and sometimes height adjusted objects to drop. The objects that disappeared or dropped sometimes weren't even in the same room as the room I was placing the wall covering. Quite annoying having to check your sims inventory all the time to see what had disappeared after just placing a wall covering. I do believe this is a post patch issue, as I have never noticed this before the patch.
    sigg.gif