Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Testing MOO - Updated 10/21/16

Comments

• Options
    petalbotpetalbot Posts: 1,423 Member
    edited January 2015
    Hi Bry! Thanks for doing this. I finally had a chance to test out the New Test Lot and needless to say the results were less than pleasing. :\

Build Mode, MOO off:
    • Enlarged objects stayed enlarged
    • Height Adjusted lights on the outside sink
    • Left chair disappeared.

I also accidentally clicked on the return to map icon before I was ready and when I went back into build mode, additionally, all of the windows on the right side but the very top disappeared. I bulldozed, then replaced the lot and got the same results as in the original test, but when I returned to the map and went back into build mode I lost all of the windows on the right except for the "let there be light" window on the bottom.

Manage Worlds, MOO off:
    • Enlarged objects revert back to original size
    • Bottom "unkempt shrubbery disappeared
    • In contrast to the Build Mode, MOO off test, the Left chair remained intact
    • Height adjusted lights on the outside sink
    When returning to the map, then back into build mode, additionally, the lower horizontal window on the left disappeared.

Build Mode, MOO on:
    • Height adjusted lights on the outside sink. All other objects are intact.
    When I returned to map and went back into build mode no additional losses were observed.

Manage Worlds, MOO on:
    • Enlarged objects revert back to original size
    • Height adjusted lights on the outside sink. All other objects are intact.
    When I returned to map and went back into build mode no additional losses were observed.

sigg.gif

• Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    @petalbot Thank you for testing and reporting your findings. That's interesting (and disturbing) about what happened when you went out to Map View and back in with MOO off. I typically stay on a lot during building/play testing and save before going out to Manage Worlds or the main menu, but I wonder how many people download something and then pop back out of the lot to maybe place another lot or play a different family. I guess if they've got MOO turned on, it will be okay, but if not... :\
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    BryonyRae wrote: »
    @petalbot Thank you for testing and reporting your findings. That's interesting (and disturbing) about what happened when you went out to Map View and back in with MOO off. I typically stay on a lot during building/play testing and save before going out to Manage Worlds or the main menu, but I wonder how many people download something and then pop back out of the lot to maybe place another lot or play a different family. I guess if they've got MOO turned on, it will be okay, but if not... :\

I do pretty much the same as you. I would never have thought of testing popping in and out of map view without the accidental click of the button. I was so hoping the latest patch really fixed the problem. What a bummer.
    sigg.gif

• Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    I finished my lot and was so excited because I thought it was pretty stable since I had saved several times with no disappearances. Once I left the game though, it loses something every time I come back to that lot.
    Usually just build objects...not so much buy objects. Has anyone else h noticed a difference between build and buy objects?
    Once I had thought it was stable I had tried to upload it to my library but it wouldn't show up. It was weird though...I could find it through my notification posts but not in my actual library. That's probably just my computer...I need to get my desktop hooked up.
    I'm so bummed...I really love this lot and can't even play it or share it. I'm actually tempted to post pics on the forum as a memorial. Haaa!
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    @treece01 I have not noticed a difference in frequency myself; if anything, I've lost more buy objects than build. I think it's just random. Your library issue is odd, and I would definitely try it on a desktop before you give up. You can copy your saves and library over to the other machine and probably share from there.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    KelleygirlKelleygirl Posts: 599 Member
    I've actually noticed that when I leave the game and come back, there are usually several items missing, build and buy mode. Things like plants, grills, columns, a stove here or there. Whenever I come back in the next day to pick back up where I left off, I immediately look around to see what's missing, LOL. It's kinda like a burglar has been there, well, if we had burglars :-)
  • Options
    Yep, that's just what it's like @Kelleygirl! It seems like, over time, the build "settles down" though, for want of a better term, and there are fewer disappearances. That's what happened with my last build anyway, and I hope it will happen again with my current build, because right now, quite a few things are still going missing each load (well, not missing, they show up in inventory because I have a sim on the lot).
  • Options
    There is nothing in the patch notes for the latest 2/3/15 patch to indicate that there have been any changes made to MOO and from my own testing so far, nothing has changed. If any of you do notice any changes, please post to this thread. Thanks!
  • Options
    TheGreenLionTheGreenLion Posts: 1,635 Member
    I was looking for that in particular, no dice here either.
  • Options
    Just wanted to let you all know that I think I've found away around (about 99%) of the item loss when you load a saved build. What I've been doing is loading my game, then going into a *different* lot, turning cheats and MOO on, and *then* entering my build lot. I also placed a sim on the lot early on (so that I could see if items were getting lost, as the game places them in inventory). Since doing those two things, I only lost an item one time (and I don't think I actually lost it - I think it popped up a level and I deleted it, not realizing it wasn't extraneous). If anyone else tries this methodology, I'd be interested in whether it works for you too.
  • Options
    @BryonyRae, Awesome! I'll have to try that!
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Thanks for the tip @BryonyRae, very much appreciated. It's frustrating spending an inordinate amount of time placing an object just right only to have it disappear and have to do it all over again. Gah! I'll try your method when I get into the game a little later. Thanks again! :)
  • Options
    Hey, @BryonyRae does this help if you are finished with a lot and put it into a new game? I only did the one MOO lot and had gotten to the point where it was stable and put it in the game that I built it for (I have saved games just for builds to make sure they transfer ok, etc). I had a couple things disappear and a "floating" plant drop. I fixed it in game I think and was thinking about uploading it but not sure if it's a good idea since it's pretty moo crazy. I guess it'd be ok...there's a lot of MOO out there. I just like my lots to be playable.
  • Options
    @Karababy52 You're welcome! Hope it works for you.

@treece01 I would think it would, although I haven't tested that directly. Will try next time I'm in game. And yeah, I know that uncertainty about uploading, but I say go for it. I think most MOO'd stuff is transferring pretty well, and if one or two things go missing, it's probably not going to be a big deal in the overall picture. All you can do is test it to the best of your ability first.
  • Options
    agusiamal wrote: »
    Hello. These are results of my trying with your MOO test:

Placed on world mode without MOO
    AcXXuEP.jpg

Placed on world mode with MOO
    xiL0Cro.jpg

Placed on build mode without MOO
    JBPb7kF.jpg

Placed od build mode with MOO
    ZeUKlna.jpg

I hope it helps you. I use MOO almost always and sometimes even I have typed MOO some things (mostly columns dissapear...

@agusiamal Thanks for testing it. :)

To all: When the new patch comes, I will definitely be diving back in to see if any of the MOO issues have been fixed. Would appreciate your help if any of you can tear yourselves away from the exp. pack. ;)
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Time to test today's patch! I have shared a new test lot, March MOO Test (download it here) and would like as many testers to report their results as possible. Several things are being tested on this lot, so take a careful look at the image below and then compare it to what you get when you place the lot in your game:

MarchMOOTest_zpsgp4rojou.jpg

Specifically, we're looking for:
    • Do enlarged objects remain enlarged (shelf, sculpture)?
    • Do items that have been height adjusted retain their heights (lights, trees, coat racks, planter boxes)?
    • Do collectibles/debug items transfer (crystals, tanks, wooden sculpture, ring)?
    • Do MOO'd objects all remain in place (lots of décor on the tables, tables MOO'd together, couches MOO'd together, windows MOO'd together, sculpture with thorns in it)?

We want to test using 4 cases:
    1. Place in Build Mode, bb.moveobjects off
    2. Place in Build Mode, bb.moveobjects on
    3. Place from World Map, bb.moveobjects off
    4. Place from World Map, bb.moveobjects on

For each case, please note any deviations from the original picture above. Thanks for your help!

• Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    I left you some feedback on the gallery, I found that there are still issues. Stacked/elevated items are not staying regardless of MOO on/off or being in build/manage world. Same for enlarged items. Debug items looked good though, so that's something! I will re-test again later. See if I get different results.
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    My Results based on placement from my Library:

Build Mode, bb.moveobjects on

mooresults1bmmoo_zpsfr8i87v7.jpg

Enlarged objects remained enlarged. Items that were height adjusted "outside" dropped to ground level (even the planter boxes, which were not technically height adjusted). All collectibles transferred. Some décor objects on the tables disappeared. While the other objects remained, several were adjusted to the left of their original positions, which seems like a new behavior.

Build Mode, bb.moveobjects off

mooresults2bmmooff_zps3quaovfs.jpg

Enlarged objects remained enlarged. Items that were height adjusted "outside" dropped to ground level (even the planter boxes, which were not technically height adjusted). All collectibles transferred. All MOO'd objects remained in their original positions.

Manage Worlds, bb.moveobjects on

mooresults3mwmoo_zpslmbgjj9p.jpg

Enlarged objects shrank back to original size. Items that were height adjusted "outside" dropped to ground level (even the planter boxes, which were not technically height adjusted). All collectibles transferred. All MOO'd objects remained in their original positions.

Manage Worlds, bb.moveobjects off

mooresults4mwmooff_zpsgannixce.jpg

Same results as with Manage Worlds, bb.moveobjects on.
  • Options
    I've put out one more test lot to check on general debug items. My understanding from the Guru chat on the forums a few days back was that while collectibles would transfer, other debug objects would not. However, it appears that they do (yay!), but that it also may be inconsistent, as I have experienced that some disappear. If you could try downloading this test lot and note your results, I would appreciate it! Objects were enlarged so that they could be seen, so be sure to place the lot in Build Mode.

Here's an image so that you know what you should expect to see if everything transfers:

debugtest_zpsi8kkajco.jpg
  • Options
    I'm in the process of testing our other MOO related issues (as indicated on the first page index), and one of them - "Windows MOO'd off wall in the interior have black frames" has mutated a bit. The window frames still turn black, but also white too, like they are z-fighting:

windowszfx_zpsa0ouicud.jpg
  • Options
    RyeCris16 wrote: »
    Hey Bry, I also tested your debug lots from the gallery. :)

03_27_15_3_19_AM.png
    From my testing, even double checked, it seems like everything was transferred properly, except the cupcake tray.
    I also tested your artwork lot too! From manage world to buy mode, everything was transferred too!

However, one thing questions me today is about debug lights. I uploaded a test lot to see if they are also transferable.
    03_27_15_3_38_AM.png
    I tested and double checked mine, it works very well. But what about for the others?

Thanks, @RyeCris16! I moved your quote over to this thread, as I want to keep the MOO and debug testing consolidated over here. All of the debug lights showed up for me under all 4 cases. :)
  • Options
    CerryddCerrydd Posts: 471 Member
    build mode, MOO off

tumblr_nlu7u2iiMY1s873l7o1_1280.png

build mode, MOO on

tumblr_nlu7u2iiMY1s873l7o2_1280.png

manage worlds, MOO on AND off (same results)

tumblr_nlu7u2iiMY1s873l7o5_1280.png

The objects moving left is worrying!

Lot with artwork and debug objects both transferred well.

I did run in a different problem with a lot I've worked on a while back. This is how it's supposed to look:

tumblr_nlu7u2iiMY1s873l7o7_1280.png

When I place it now, with the new patch, it ends up looking like this:

tumblr_nlu7u2iiMY1s873l7o6_1280.png

I fixed it, saved it and tried to place it again, but the stair will no longer stay in place. Looks like I can scrap it for now :(
    What have I been up to lately? Cerrydd / #cerrydd in the gallery
  • Options
    @Cerrydd Thank you for testing! Rats, I was hoping the leftward migration would just be a one-off that happened to me. I'm going to try placing several of my other lots where I used a lot of MOO and see if I observe any other variations between MOO on and off in build mode. It would be too weird if it was now actually more stable to do the placement with it off! As for your stairs issue, I'd like to try reproducing it in my game; would you mind giving me the steps to do so?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Wait! So invisible lights transfer now? If so, that is good news. Then they will just have to fix it so you can customize intensity and color. Oh and also make it so all customizations made to any light will retain their settings when the lot is placed in manage worlds. I'm about to load up my game to see if everything is still intact on my wip. Fingers crossed. I probably won't be able to test these lots until the weekend, so I'll be following the comments here.
    sigg.gif

• Options
    Yes, they do, @petalbot! As far as I can tell, there's nothing in buydebug that *doesn't* transfer (other than just from inconsistency). No change to working with colors/intensities from what I've seen. Unfortunately, Manage Worlds still resets them.