Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Members Club - Come On In!

Comments

• Options
    MissSpiderMissSpider Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi All,
    My name is Izzy. Im always bad at things but wanted to say hi.

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why? Tooo many, though I do like generations cus i love the children aspects of the game and the imaginary friend

2. What is your favorite thing about the game? You get to control your own world!

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones? yes when im building, use the money cheat

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share? umm have fun?!

5. Did you buy the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things...
    yes I did. I love the get to work EP but I hate that there is no toddlers. I do hope that comes in sometime soon.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,602 Member
    Hello @MissSpider :) It is nice to meet you. The expansion, stuff and game packs of the versions of the Sims add lots of great and fun activities and features to the game! The build/buy mode and the CAS items from the packs are great to use in our builds or when creating outfits for our sims to wear. The money cheats are very helpful to use in the game, especially when sims are starting out their sims lives in the game. The Get to Work EP is a fun and enjoyable expansion pack to have in our games! It is nice traveling with our sims to their work. It is enjoyable looking at the Gallery and seeing the variety of retail stores that simmers have created and uploaded to the Gallery.
    Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    Aurora1004Aurora1004 Posts: 78 Member
    Hi, My Name is Aurora1004 and I new to this version of the forum, didn't realize it had changed till today--- whoops

Membership Levels
    Newbie again

Some Questions to Get You Started
    1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why? Seasons from Sims 3 would be my favorite since well, it has weather, just the changing day/night was not enough for my sims they NEEDED winter and summer

2. What is your favorite thing about the game? Still getting to know sims 4

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones? The only one I use is turning off greening since my computer lags

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share? I try to keep all houses 1 level as to avoid the "stair/foundation" issues

5. Did you buy the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things? The details are better, but I absolutely hate not having the design feature
  • Options
    Hello @Aurora1004 :) Welcome to the new forums. Seasons is a great sims 3 Ep! The different weather that comes with each season is very nice, and the different seasons create such very nice landscape settings for the world! It is great having the festival lots in the world where the activities change with each season.
  • Options
    FreckledfemlockFreckledfemlock Posts: 39 Member
    Hey everyone! I just came to this forum even though I've played the Sims since the first game came out! I'd love to get involved with the modeling parts here for sure. But to start me off I figured I'd answer some of these handy-dandy questions :)

What is your favorite EP/SP and why?
    I really enjoy Generations because it adds a lot of realism to the type of gameplay that I like

What is your favorite thing about the game?
    I love decorating and taking pictures of my sims :3

Did you buy the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    I did buy TS4 but I'm a TS3 girl myself. I really loved all the features you get with building though. If only TS3 had that :tongue:
  • Options
    Hello @Freckledfemlock :) I have posted to you on the other thread but just wanted to say " hello" again. :)

The link to the sims 3 Sims and modelling section is
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/sims-and-modeling
    The Sims 4 Sims and modelling thread is here.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-sims-and-modeling-

It would be great if you would like to be a part of those sections of the forums!

• Options
    FreckledfemlockFreckledfemlock Posts: 39 Member
    Thank you @rosemow !
  • Options
    KafonixKafonix Posts: 75 Member
    So... I guess this is where we can introduce ourselves? Looks like it.
    Or is it this thread: /discussion/817478 ?

Anyway, my name is Kafonix, I'm a guy, socially awkward and... well, I play Sims 2 since I got the Deluxe Edition back when it was released.
    When Sims 2 was completely free with all EPs on Origin, of course I downloaded that instead of the old deluxe edition, which saved me a lot of money.
    Something that was very expensive on the other hand was Sims 3 and all of its EPs. Yes, I own everything, I'm such a fanboy. :D

I did like TS3: Generations very much, especially due to the wedding arch and many other features that are just fitting into the game world.
    One thing I didn't like about Supernatural were zombies and how lacking they were as opposed to Sims 2's zombies and vampires.

Well, I hope I can finally get into touch with some people on here and well, gain points to set my faboulously socially awkward profile pic. :D
    I'm looking forward to my time on here, I won't disappear in a month. ;D
  • Options
    Hello @Kafonix :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums! It was great when the Ultimate Edition of Sims 2 was made free and simmers were able to enjoy having all the packs from the game to play.
    It is nice that you own all the eps for Sims 3. They add great features and activities to the game. It is enjoyable having our sims living in the different worlds that come with the eps, and it is great using the new build/buy mode and CAS items in our builds and for our sims.
    I hope that you will enjoy meeting fellow simmers on the forums and learn new helpful tips and information about the game.
  • Options
    Gongyla7Gongyla7 Posts: 12 New Member
    So this is the new members' club hiii! i am new! Very new.. I only got into Sims 3 earlier this year! I always loved Sims 1 and had the base Sims 2 but only aging one house at a time well I just went back to Sims 1. Then my brother got married and used his Sims 3 game to bribe me into petsitting during his honeymoon and i was hooked. I went all "buy all the games!" and then my computer died(it was very old, to be fair, it lasted a long time). And my laptop's processor cannot handle even basic Sims 3 soooo... sooner I can go computer shopping the better.
    So I'm answering based on what he had.. because i now have more EPs than he did :smile:

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why? Seasons!!!! oh wow i loved Seasons. everything about it.. the rain and the wind and SNOW!! oh wonderful snow! Winter was my fave! I loved to go to the rivers and oceans, the parts that didn't freeze, and build an igloo and camp there a bit for fish. I loved the ice skating on the ponds not just the rink. And the details like foggy windows and snowy footprints. he also had Pets and oh how the tiny puppies would get lost in the snow. Supernatural was a close second, probably since Makin Magic was my fave Sims 1 EP. I loved how Seasons and Supernatural combined. Werewolves in the Snow.... sounds like a Far Side comic.

2. What is your favorite thing about the game? The sandboxy nature of it... i can do blatant wish fulfillment and daydreaming... or do a "what does this button do" type approach, or both at the same time.. and i really loved just wandering around. if you'd met me back in my World of Warcraft days you'd have seen me fishing in Nagrand every "morning" just because I wanted my character to have her totally not needed breakfast. Or I'd be flying around poking my nose in every nook and cranny. Same thing I did in Ocarina of Time. I like to wander and explore. Oh, and World Adventures was fun! From what I saw of it.
    I do think about maybe joining the whole Let's Play video thing....apparently it's fun to watch me make dumb decisions. what does this button do?

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones? Not usually. Playing a dirt poor sims tends to fall under "what does this button do" i once bought a house she could't fully afford then sold all the furniture to pay her bills and sent her dumpster diving lol.
    To fix a stuck sim. I'm a very light cheater and a light modder. Back in Sims 2 I did have to pick up some sort of mind control mirror mod because i got the Invisible Gardener Overload thing. And then other invisible NPCs started spawning too. Not fun.
    I am interested about a cheat i just heard about... can you really clone elixirs? Because i'd love to do a zombie research party and just cloning one elixir would be awesome!
    Also something about the mailbox affecting the supernatural population? I did not try many cheats at my bro's.

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share? Not yet! But I'll happily listen!

5. Did you buy the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    Nope.... and since the open world is what sold me... i really might not. no offence to anyone who loves it!
  • Options
    Hello @gongyla7 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums! I hope that you will soon be able to buy a new computer and be simming again very soon.
    Seasons is a great sims 3 EP! The seasons and different types of weather add great features to the game! The changing landscapes of the world through the seasons are very nice, and the differing seasonal activities are fun for our sims to do!
    It would be great if you decided to create YouTube Lets Play videos. It is enjoyable watching the sims that are in other simmers games.
    Happy simming when you are able to play again. You will enjoy reading the forum threads until you get your new computer.
    I hope you are having a nice day. :)
  • Options
    annekurisannekuris Posts: 13 New Member
    Hi! So, I'm a big newbie in here. First of all I actually just signed up on the forum because I had a problem. After it got solved, I kind of said to myself that I wouldn't come on here anymore, simply because I don't have that much time, buuut... After looking for a while on this forum, it seemed kinda fun, so I'm staying xD

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why?
    My favorite EP's are Pets, because of the horses and, Seasons because I just looove winter and snow.

2. What is your favorite thing about the game?
    I love it because sometimes the game can be so realistic (but also nonrealistical sometimes xD) and all of the content and mods that other Simmers make is just wonderfull.

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?
    Yes, I play with the 'testingcheatsenabled true' and the 'motherload' cheat.

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?
    Hmmm... For the moment I can't really think of something, since I'm pretty much a noob, although I'm starting to get to know everything in the game.

5. Did you buy the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    Nope, I didn't. Maybe I'll give it a shot in the future when there's a sale going on ;)
  • Options
    Hello @annekuris :) Welcome to the forums! It is nice to meet you. I am glad that your problem that you had with the game was fixed. The sims 3 pets EP is great! It is enjoyable seeing our sims riding horses and the unicorns are so pretty! It is great that sims can enjoy having pets as a part of their sims household. Wintertime in the sims is very pretty with the snow covering the buildings and ground! Sims have fun creating snowmen too! Using chests is helpful in our games, especially the money chests. Cheats can help to fix up game issues when they occur too.
    I hope that you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers on the forums and learn new helpful tips about the game.
  • Options
    annekurisannekuris Posts: 13 New Member
    @rosemow Thank you so much! :)
  • Options
    MonstercatMonstercat Posts: 52 Member
    Hello! I'm new to the community, though I've been playing The Sims 3 and The Sims 4 for quite a while now. I'll start with the questions now I guess lol

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why?
    I like Pets(TS3) the most, I don't really have a solid reason but I just like the idea of having a little furry friend always by your sim
    's side. I Like University Life(TS3) too, cause I can relate to most traits and situations :p

2. What is your favorite thing about the game?
    CAS, CC, and editing my sims screenshots in PS. I love creating new sims and playing with all the different kinds of CC. Slowly I' m getting better at editing in Photoshop and my goal is to make my sims look as realistic as I can :)

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?
    Just the casual cheats to be able to take proper screenshots. Testingcheatsenabled true/false, moveObjects on/off, etc.

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?
    Yes! If you want to get better at taking screenshots and editing, I have a few tutorials which helped me a lot. Just ask me about them since I can't post links yet haha :)

Yes! And my favorite thing is the CAS mechanics, you know, instead of sliders. And my least favorite thing is that toddlers and the Create a Style button are gone.
    F34FVWN.png
    Check out my TS3 Wishlist! *click*
    And check out my latest Youtube video! *click*
  • Options
    TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member
    Hello all and welcome to an amazing community of friendship <3 I would like to invite you all to click on my flashing siggy below for lots of fun and tons of sims 3 store prizes. Come one come all!
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    Ummm. I second what Terry said. Click, click, click and come have fun with us.
  • Options
    Hello @Monstercat :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums! The sims 3 pets EP is a fun pack! It is enjoyable seeing our sims riding horses and having dogs and cats as pets. They are nice members of sim households.
    Creating sims is a fun and special part of simming! It is great how we can enjoy creating a variety of different types of sims, and an enjoy choosing their outfits for the different occasions. It is fun making simselfs of ourselves, our friends and family, and of celebrities too.
  • Options
    R3imiuR3imiu Posts: 256 Member
    just started playing so dont have any tips/tricks or favorite EP/SP (what are they?). i bought the sims 3 cause it was cheaper and had more packs then sims 4. not playing with cheats but looking into mods so my town wont die off.
    [✨R3imiu's Alot of Lots Showcase✨] (forum & origin username is same: R3imiu )
    a1EEcS1.gif
    Me playing games like: Sims 3, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Pocket Monsters 3DS, Sims 4
    ⍟ᴥ⍟ i watch my sims sleep
  • Options
    R3imiu wrote: »
    just started playing so dont have any tips/tricks or favorite EP/SP (what are they?). i bought the sims 3 cause it was cheaper and had more packs then sims 4. not playing with cheats but looking into mods so my town wont die off.

Hello @R3imiu :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to simming and the forums!
    Carl's Sims 3 help site has a lot of helpful information about playing the sims 3 game. The link to the site is.
    http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/

EP are expansion packs and SP are stuff packs. They add extra features, activities, worlds and build/buy mode items and CAS items to the game.

• Options
    FrannyFranny Posts: 2,022 Member
    I would like to invite everyone to the biggest holiday extravaganza party! This thread is full of many fun holiday contests, and activities that will surely get you in the holiday spirit!

Come on, and join the festivities! <3
    TS3 Username: XxEquestrian95xX
    I became an
    "own the store" member on February 27, 2016. Thank you so much, everyone!

Do you enjoy saving SimPoints?
    If so, check out the following threads for more info
    : Free Kids Items - Animals Abound Cascade CascadesDaily Deals ( DD Spreadsheet )

NzEguYNjKIUMw.gif
  • Options
    SarahxSimmerSarahxSimmer Posts: 47 Member
    I just joined the forum yesterday, but I've been playing sims since TS1.

1. I really love generations, because I love raising families! I really want to get Late Night though.
    2. Everything! Sims is a really big part of my life and I have so many memories linked with it. ♥
    3. I use moveobjects on and testingcheatsenabled true . Is this what you mean by cheats?
    4. Not really...
    5. No, I wasn't too impressed with TS4 ☺
  • Options
    I just joined the forum yesterday, but I've been playing sims since TS1.

1. I really love generations, because I love raising families! I really want to get Late Night though.
    2. Everything! Sims is a really big part of my life and I have so many memories linked with it. ♥
    3. I use moveobjects on and testingcheatsenabled true . Is this what you mean by cheats?
    4. Not really...
    5. No, I wasn't too impressed with TS4 ☺

Hello @SarahxSimmer :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums! It is nice that you have been enjoying simming since the first sims 1. Simming is fun! I hope that you will soon be able to buy Late Night. It has many great features in it, and the city themed world of Bridgeport is great for sims to enjoy living in. The new types of venues that come with the EP are great as well.
    The moo cheat is very helpful in the game! It helps us to express our creativity as we build homes and furnish them. Building homes and creating sims are enjoyable parts of simming.
  • Options
    SarahxSimmerSarahxSimmer Posts: 47 Member
    @rosemow Wow! Thank you so much for the personal note and welcome! ♥ Ooooh, I'll have to try this Moo Cheat! It's always so nice to meet kind people. I hope you have a wonderful day!