Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Do You Even Own The Game?"

Comments

• Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    The "sheep" comment was directed at the person who called us trolls. I quoted the person I was replying to, and so did sc3niX. If someone took offense to it, that's on *their* shoulders not on ours. Maybe next time, read the entire thing before taking offense.

Heh, why couldn't i say it like that? :# Thank you for stating it better than i could Jarsie :D
    The problem is that there are posters on both sides that give everyone else on that side a bad name.

I really wish there wasn't any sides to begin with, we all want the same thing. A sims game to enjoy.
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    FertieSims wrote: »
    I've never asked or cared if anyone owns the game, but imo you can't judge a game or anything if you haven't tried it yourself, especially the Sims which is a very personal game.

Statements like this are just silly. Who says I can't judge the game? Why should i follow any rule or law you set for yourself. I don't get people, with these silly rules they make.

Yes i can judge a game and not have tried it. Much like any person can judge a product before they buy it. I don't see this statement being said to people who were happy, and fangasming to get this game long before they new anything about. I certainly don't put them down over their ethusaism. They're able to make their own personal judgements. As i am able to do the same. It's hypocrisy to sit there and tell someone oh you can't judge the game before you've even played it. Well let me ask you this everyone who believes that. What exactly did you think of the game, before you bought it. What influenced your purchase. What information did you research before you picked up off the shelf. Then you clearly judged the game before you purchased it.

My judgement lead me not to buy it but to wait. Your's lead you to buy it. End of story. No one's going to change my opinion of force me to be quiet about my dislikes of the sims 4. You certainly aren't the person that will change the game dev's are and that's about all who will be able to convince me to part with my money. Show constantly using this lame shtick to keep trying pressure me to buy is just not gonna work because the product doesn't have what i want.

Here is another factor not all sims players buy at release. Your money doens't give you the right to have an elitist attitude over other people.
  • Options
    horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    The problem is that there are posters on both sides that give everyone else on that side a bad name.

Well I don't agree with that sentiment. That's just being discriminatory to one or another. Yes there are people who behave badly. 'Sides' is irrelevant.

I give up. Whatever. I can't be bothered with this anymore.
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    I've never asked or cared if anyone owns the game, but imo you can't judge a game or anything if you haven't tried it yourself, especially the Sims which is a very personal game.

By that logic, I guess I should go out and buy Grand Theft Auto, because I don't know much about that game except that it's a violent game which glorifies murder, mayhem, and the criminal life style. Oh, and it's rated M and some parents let their kids play it.

But you just said that I can't judge it because I haven't played it. I tell you what, you send me a check to buy the game and I'll try it out tell you if I like it. And I should probably try out the latest version of Grand Theft Auto, huh?
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    DevilH4DevilH4 Posts: 467 Member
    How does thread relate to Ideas and Feedback?
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Sc3niX wrote: »
    Gnarl_Lee wrote: »
    you didn't buy the game, you dont play the game, you dont like the game, you hate the developer, you hate the publisher, you hate everything the game stands for, so why are you even here?...open forums are a playground for trolls...it certainly shows

Its a simple concept really. Perhaps you will be able to comprehend a simple sentence. If we don't complain, nothing will change. Please get off your entitled train, if you don't like the negativity then the forum is not the place for you. A forum is where people can express their opinions freely, just because i don't own the game anymore doesn't mean i can't have an opinion about it. I have supported this franchise since its release, i have every bit of right to be here than you do.

Begone sheep *sprinkles anti fanboy/girl dust*

True. You can express your opinion. But it's possible without being aggressive, rude, or calling other people names. I don't really like being call a sheep. I'm felling perfectly human, tanks you very much.

Yeah lets forget that the person i was replying to was being an absolute peach. ;)

Let's not forget there are posters here with that exact attitude. I don't believe they pointed any fingers and stated the truth. Some people come here without much if any constructive criticism and do come to start arguments.

Yup, my sheep comment was only directed to that simmer. I'm genuinely happy for those who like the game, and i've said this plenty of times. But don't tell me to get off the forums just because i don't like the game when all i want at the end of the day is for this game to become an enjoyable one for me. Being humble goes both ways, don't expect me to be humble towards you when you aren't being humble towards me, directly or indirectly it may be. (Speaking in general ofc)

I'm not sure you got my point. There are people who come here just to start arguments so if you don't feel the comment related to you why the sheep comment?

It involves all the haters. Why does my sheep comment bother you so much if it wasn't directed at you? ;)

Om a personal level it doesn't bother me. I know who and what I am so an anonymous comment doesn't get to me. What does bother me is that word has caused a lot of hurt feelings and furious arguments. In the spirit of a more cooperative, happy forum I'd like to see that word turned into plum.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited November 2014
    @DevilH4
    It doesn't this is the graveyard . basically the mods dont have an excuse to close it so they move it here so it goes away
  • Options
    @DevilH4
    It doesn't this is the graveyard . basically the mods dont have an excuse to close it so they move it here so it goes away

Of course -_-
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    As a former writer and artist - I can say first hand it physically hurts, even destroys one's self esteem (from a little bit to a lot) if something you have poured your heart and soul into is hated. So I can understand what it is like to be on the side of the creators of this game.

On the other hand as a player of the Sims who went from just playing a life simulation game because I enjoyed it - to a person whose real life circumstances changed over the last few years to the point where I am almost dependent on the game for replacing things I can no longer do in real life - in other words i live vicariously through my sims a lot lately. To most people that probably sounds a bit insane - but believe me - if you feel that way I realize you would have to live my life to truly understand. But for me the Sims has strangely evolved into something I have come to try and enjoy some of the things I used to enjoy in real life - as well as to fulfill fantasies - like playing witches and fairies to just living life via families. Ironically even though I was able to satisfy the fantasy side of my enjoyment of the game in Sims 3 - there was a lot about the overall feel of the game that left me feeling empty as far as the non-fantasy side of the Sims 3 went - that i had experienced when I used to play Sims 2. Of course when i played Sims 2 it was just a game to me - a very enjoyable game but a game non-the-less as I was then very busy living real life and did not play my game as a substitute for real life. I did play my game when I had time or made time - and played in such a way that was anything but the way i lived my real life. It was more of a game where I played out a life I didn't lead - like playing a homeless mean old sims with his sweet little daughter to see if I couldn't make the childs life better. Or playing a family with a single parent with 7 toddlers and no help and no money. You know I am sure some of challenge games that were out there including all the many legacies. I discovered I loved the family style play and the struggle.

When Sims 3 came out it did not show thru the numerous videos how lacking the game was in family play - and of course i was a bit deaf to the fact the Guru's or Maxoids or what ever you called them kept pushing about the Sims 3 being about the world in which the Sims lived. I said to myself - okay so the world will be my sims families able to go more places and do more things. This is what i thought. This is what i saw in the videos - but it took buying the game and playing the game to find out that should not have been called the Sims but the Sims world. Almost all the kind of play I had learned to love and cherish was tossed right out of the door. Half of me wanted to just throw my hands in the air and stop playing the game - period - but another part of me felt a big empty space where I had no sims as I had had Securom issues with Sims 2 where I could not play that game anymore so I had given it away. It was sims 3 or nothing. I was addicted to the sims, no denying that - so I found ways around playing the way I really wanted to play the game and found I could still enjoy the game to a degree - just not to the depth I enjoyed Sims 2. Then half way through the production of sims 3 - real life threw me a major curve ball. i was diagnosed with Leukemia. I won't get into all of that - but lets just say the Sims sort of became my life - especially after treatment of my illness kept turning badly for me and every side affect there is a possibility to have it seemed I got - but on a good note my illness went into remission. The side affects i still contend with and I am housebound - so when people tell me to get a life - well I have one. It's called the Sims.

That said when Sims 4 was announced and they said the Sims 4 would be a return to the Sims themselves and what made us love the Sims 2 Sims - well i was just overjoyed. Even though I found enough about Sims 3 to get lost in the game - my dream of a more modern version of Sims 2 sounded like it was about to be fulfilled. Nowadays I tend to dream small compared to most real people - so you need to understand that to understand why I can sometimes be defensive of the Sims. Sometimes I am called rude and condescending in my defense of the game - when I never intend to be or sound as either. I know i always feel bad when someone tells me that, as I would never intentionally be mean to anyone - but unfortunately it seems to be the way i am received.

But anyway the vision I saw in my head of the Sims 4 was Sims 2 brought up to date through technology and realism. So there was no question that I would pre-order this game. I did and that is why i bought the Sims 4 and also why i sort of objected to people wanting the game to include things from Sims 3. Granted though Sims 4 is not really a return to the Sims many of us knew and loved in Sims 2 just by them omitting toddlers. In my book they should have omitted the YA age and added the toddlers as the YA stage only became a part of Sims 2 solely for University. So I found it really odd everything is all about the YA sims and toddlers totally missing. i did not care there were no pools or any of the other missing content in game but the fact there were no toddlers because with that single omission the game was not as they described of getting back to the basics of the Sims 2 sims.

I have played the game and there is a lot about it that is fun - it has great potential - but not without the stages of life that actually made Sims 2 the most popular of the Sims games. But as always i can only write my own viewpoint on the issue and I can understand not everyone else agreeing with anything i have said.
    I completely empathize with the personal side of your story, what I don't get however is how Sims 3 is about the world and not about the sims for you.
    Because it totally is for me. The open world is their stage, but the game has always been (and more and more when I started a legacy) about my sims, not about the world they live in. That world is important (I don't like playing in Twinbrook for instance, the same way I would be really unhappy if I had to live in certain parts of the real world), but playing the game is completely and utterly about the lifes of my sims and their family. I really can't understand how family life in that game can't be the center for you.
    And if you have an imagination ( and as a writer you must have) I don't understand how you wouldn't be able to give the lifes of those sims depth. I know I do.
    I do understand why people prefer Sims 2, because it's a different game. But Sims 3 isn't about the world, at least, not for me.

For me it's the other way around than for others by the way. Playing and telling their story is only possible for me when I'm completely satisfied. When things are not ok in my life I can't enjoy the game.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    Why are we in the graveyard?
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    Why are we in the graveyard?

I have long since wondered why the mods do anything they do.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    DevilH4 wrote: »
    How does thread relate to Ideas and Feedback?

Because 'No one will ever need to know 'the truth' if they don't come here. What they wont know wont hurt them is the method used in these parts
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    This thread should have gone to off topic if anywhere. But if I'm being honest it was a fairly inflammatory thread from the start whether it meant to be or not. I'm surprised it stayed open at all.

So a thread meant to point out a problem with how people communicate in the forums, is considered inflammatory cause people get offended easily when called out? Please...
  • Options
    SpidersWebSpidersWeb Posts: 1,027 Member
    Well I expected arguments and fights, but I thought the OP was quite a respectable opinion/discussion topic.
    Where it goes downhill is people being unnecessarily rude - which causes a rude reply - and the cycle continues.
    Performance, Price, Portability - pick two.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    This thread should have gone to off topic if anywhere. But if I'm being honest it was a fairly inflammatory thread from the start whether it meant to be or not. I'm surprised it stayed open at all.

So far the only person flaming is you...

I'm not sure I'd quite say that - there as been lots of little nit picking / backwards and forwards.
  • Options
    SpidersWeb wrote: »
    Well I expected arguments and fights, but I thought the OP was quite a respectable opinion/discussion topic.
    Where it goes downhill is people being unnecessarily rude - which causes a rude reply - and the cycle continues.

Always happens, the EA fanboys/girls aka 'The Posse' always pick fights with us serious Simmers who know what a good Sims game is and will stand up for what we believe

Perfect example of what I was talking about.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    Actually think the thread went down much better then I thought it would in the beginning. People were talking. People who bought and liked the game, people who bought it and didn't care for it, and people who expressed why they didn't buy it at all.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

Always happens, the EA fanboys/girls aka 'The Posse' always pick fights with us serious Simmers who know what a good Sims game is and will stand up for what we believe

?????
  • Options
    fullspiral wrote: »

?????

Yes?

Well for one, why are people who like the game not serious simmers who know what they like, or know what a good game is?

I have said that there are different styles of play in this game and that is why we all love it. What makes you any more serious about it than me? And what makes you know what a good sims game is more than I do?

AFAICS, you are instigating with no other purpose than to instigate. Not to discuss.
  • Options

?????

Yes?

Well for one, why are people who like the game not serious simmers who know what they like, or know what a good game is?

I have said that there are different styles of play in this game and that is why we all love it. What makes you any more serious about it than me? And what makes you know what a good sims game is more than I do?

Their opinion thats what
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »

By that logic, I guess I should go out and buy Grand Theft Auto, because I don't know much about that game except that it's a violent game which glorifies murder, mayhem, and the criminal life style. Oh, and it's rated M and some parents let their kids play it.

But you just said that I can't judge it because I haven't played it. I tell you what, you send me a check to buy the game and I'll try it out tell you if I like it. And I should probably try out the latest version of Grand Theft Auto, huh?
    Jarsie by that logic we could even say "eat poop, people. 20 billion flies can't be wrong!". XD
    Yeah how can someone judge poop if he/she hadn't tried it?
    You see @FertieSims how silly that is?
    But seriously, if I buy something even though I know from reviews that this product is nothing for me I would make a fool out of myself. Everyone with common sense would point their finger at me and say "how could you?".
    This space is for rent.
  • Options

?????

Yes?

Their opinion thats what

Yes, and others have theirs. I consider myself a serious simmer. It's the only game I play. I can stand up too.

• Options

?????

Yes?

Their opinion thats what

Yes, and others have theirs.

yes they do and mine is the only one that matters .
  • Options

?????

Yes?

Their opinion thats what

Yes, and others have theirs.

yes they do and mine is the only one that matters .

Spoken like a true simmer!
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    Gnarl_Lee wrote: »
    you didn't buy the game, you dont play the game, you dont like the game, you hate the developer, you hate the publisher, you hate everything the game stands for, so why are you even here?...open forums are a playground for trolls...it certainly shows

Its a simple concept really. Perhaps you will be able to comprehend a simple sentence. If we don't complain, nothing will change. Please get off your entitled train, if you don't like the negativity then the forum is not the place for you. A forum is where people can express their opinions freely, just because i don't own the game anymore doesn't mean i can't have an opinion about it. I have supported this franchise since its release, i have every bit of right to be here than you do.

Begone sheep *sprinkles anti fanboy/girl dust*

True. You can express your opinion. But it's possible without being aggressive, rude, or calling other people names. I don't really like being call a sheep. I'm felling perfectly human, tanks you very much.

Yeah lets forget that the person i was replying to was being an absolute peach. ;)

Let's not forget there are posters here with that exact attitude. I don't believe they pointed any fingers and stated the truth. Some people come here without much if any constructive criticism and do come to start arguments.

Yup, my sheep comment was only directed to that simmer. I'm genuinely happy for those who like the game, and i've said this plenty of times. But don't tell me to get off the forums just because i don't like the game when all i want at the end of the day is for this game to become an enjoyable one for me. Being humble goes both ways, don't expect me to be humble towards you when you aren't being humble towards me, directly or indirectly it may be. (Speaking in general ofc)

I'm not sure you got my point. There are people who come here just to start arguments so if you don't feel the comment related to you why the sheep comment?

It involves all the haters. Why does my sheep comment bother you so much if it wasn't directed at you? ;)

Om a personal level it doesn't bother me. I know who and what I am so an anonymous comment doesn't get to me. What does bother me is that word has caused a lot of hurt feelings and furious arguments. In the spirit of a more cooperative, happy forum I'd like to see that word turned into plum.

I see, i dont know why people take such great offense to it. If anything on the internet offends someone especially a place such as the forums needs to reevaluate their sensitivity meter. The internet is mean and only the strong survive in places such as reddit.