Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Do You Even Own The Game?"

Comments

• Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    This thread should have gone to off topic if anywhere. But if I'm being honest it was a fairly inflammatory thread from the start whether it meant to be or not. I'm surprised it stayed open at all.

No it wasnt. The op just said his opinion mattered just as much as anyone else who bought the game. The lovers tend to claim we have no right to be on the forum cause we dont own the game.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Sc3niX wrote: »
    Gnarl_Lee wrote: »
    you didn't buy the game, you dont play the game, you dont like the game, you hate the developer, you hate the publisher, you hate everything the game stands for, so why are you even here?...open forums are a playground for trolls...it certainly shows

Its a simple concept really. Perhaps you will be able to comprehend a simple sentence. If we don't complain, nothing will change. Please get off your entitled train, if you don't like the negativity then the forum is not the place for you. A forum is where people can express their opinions freely, just because i don't own the game anymore doesn't mean i can't have an opinion about it. I have supported this franchise since its release, i have every bit of right to be here than you do.

Begone sheep *sprinkles anti fanboy/girl dust*

True. You can express your opinion. But it's possible without being aggressive, rude, or calling other people names. I don't really like being call a sheep. I'm felling perfectly human, tanks you very much.

Yeah lets forget that the person i was replying to was being an absolute peach. ;)

Let's not forget there are posters here with that exact attitude. I don't believe they pointed any fingers and stated the truth. Some people come here without much if any constructive criticism and do come to start arguments.

Yup, my sheep comment was only directed to that simmer. I'm genuinely happy for those who like the game, and i've said this plenty of times. But don't tell me to get off the forums just because i don't like the game when all i want at the end of the day is for this game to become an enjoyable one for me. Being humble goes both ways, don't expect me to be humble towards you when you aren't being humble towards me, directly or indirectly it may be. (Speaking in general ofc)

I'm not sure you got my point. There are people who come here just to start arguments so if you don't feel the comment related to you why the sheep comment?

It involves all the haters. Why does my sheep comment bother you so much if it wasn't directed at you? ;)

Om a personal level it doesn't bother me. I know who and what I am so an anonymous comment doesn't get to me. What does bother me is that word has caused a lot of hurt feelings and furious arguments. In the spirit of a more cooperative, happy forum I'd like to see that word turned into plum.

I see, i dont know why people take such great offense to it. If anything on the internet offends someone especially a place such as the forums needs to reevaluate their sensitivity meter. The internet is mean and only the strong survive in places such as reddit.

This isn't reddit. This is a forum to discuss sims. Not an open venue.

And what is wrong with being civil in life.....even on the interwebs? It's not a license to be an 🐸🐸🐸🐸.

• Options
    DevilH4DevilH4 Posts: 467 Member
    This thread should have gone to off topic if anywhere. But if I'm being honest it was a fairly inflammatory thread from the start whether it meant to be or not. I'm surprised it stayed open at all.

No it wasnt.
    Hey guys!

Just popping by, I know it hasnt erupted quite yet, just letting you know please dont start an argument over this topic :).

Thanks!

The fact that Simstaffbethelle popped in on the second page suggests otherwise.

Maybe its because she expected people to act civil. And for a few pages, it was civil. This is a legitimate topic to discuss and the ONLY people that got offended and started causing arguments, were the people who ask "Do you even own a game" as a way to put down a Simmer
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    Thread moved to 'Ideas and Feedback' section

RIP thread </3
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    It is only a graveyard when you allow it to be.
  • Options
    DevilH4 wrote: »

No it wasnt.
    Hey guys!

Just popping by, I know it hasnt erupted quite yet, just letting you know please dont start an argument over this topic :).

Thanks!

Maybe its because she expected people to act civil. And for a few pages, it was civil. This is a legitimate topic to discuss and the ONLY people that got offended and started causing arguments, were the people who ask "Do you even own a game" as a way to put down a Simmer

Actually, I take offense to being called a sheep. I take offense to being referred to someone who doesn't know sims, is not a true simmer and doesn't know anything about the game....

• Options
    fullspiral wrote: »
    you didn't buy the game, you dont play the game, you dont like the game, you hate the developer, you hate the publisher, you hate everything the game stands for, so why are you even here?...open forums are a playground for trolls...it certainly shows

Its a simple concept really. Perhaps you will be able to comprehend a simple sentence. If we don't complain, nothing will change. Please get off your entitled train, if you don't like the negativity then the forum is not the place for you. A forum is where people can express their opinions freely, just because i don't own the game anymore doesn't mean i can't have an opinion about it. I have supported this franchise since its release, i have every bit of right to be here than you do.

True. You can express your opinion. But it's possible without being aggressive, rude, or calling other people names. I don't really like being call a sheep. I'm felling perfectly human, tanks you very much.

Yeah lets forget that the person i was replying to was being an absolute peach. ;)

Let's not forget there are posters here with that exact attitude. I don't believe they pointed any fingers and stated the truth. Some people come here without much if any constructive criticism and do come to start arguments.

Yup, my sheep comment was only directed to that simmer. I'm genuinely happy for those who like the game, and i've said this plenty of times. But don't tell me to get off the forums just because i don't like the game when all i want at the end of the day is for this game to become an enjoyable one for me. Being humble goes both ways, don't expect me to be humble towards you when you aren't being humble towards me, directly or indirectly it may be. (Speaking in general ofc)

I'm not sure you got my point. There are people who come here just to start arguments so if you don't feel the comment related to you why the sheep comment?

It involves all the haters. Why does my sheep comment bother you so much if it wasn't directed at you? ;)

Om a personal level it doesn't bother me. I know who and what I am so an anonymous comment doesn't get to me. What does bother me is that word has caused a lot of hurt feelings and furious arguments. In the spirit of a more cooperative, happy forum I'd like to see that word turned into plum.

I see, i dont know why people take such great offense to it. If anything on the internet offends someone especially a place such as the forums needs to reevaluate their sensitivity meter. The internet is mean and only the strong survive in places such as reddit.

And what is wrong with being civil in life.....even on the interwebs? It's not a license to be an 🐸🐸🐸🐸.

Theres nothing wrong with it. Im a blunt person so people often mistake me for rude. But i give back what i get basically. Often on these forums when theres a disagreement people see it as a personal attack. You do get mean people in real life and forums thats just the way things are, you either ignore them or take them on about it. I just dont see a point in getting offended by someone you probably never gonna meet. I got called an inbred on this forum and this user is still around but these things happen especially on the internet, no reason to get upset about it.

No it wasnt.
    Hey guys!

Thanks!

Just because a guru popped in doesnt mean people werent being civil. Things started to get heated on page 10. Not every disagreement equals flaming.
  • Options
    SpidersWebSpidersWeb Posts: 1,027 Member

I don't think people really take offense, but more that it winds people up / rubs them the wrong way, so they return the favor and it just becomes a big waste of time circle. Just better to leave the remarks out if you want to have a serious conversation.

I do know what you mean about sensitivity though, this is the exact opposite of most other game forums but I think that's fitting for "The Sims". I put on my polite face when I'm here, but will happily jump to gtaforums and tear some kid a new one.
    Performance, Price, Portability - pick two.
  • Options
    DevilH4DevilH4 Posts: 467 Member

Theres nothing wrong with it. Im a blunt person so people often mistake me for rude. But i give back what i get basically. Often on these forums when theres a disagreement people see it as a personal attack. You do get mean people in real life and forums thats just the way things are, you either ignore them or take them on about it. I just dont see a point in getting offended by someone you probably never gonna meet. I got called an inbred on this forum and this user is still around but these things happen especially on the internet, no reason to get upset about it.

No it wasnt.
    Hey guys!

Thanks!

Just because a guru popped in doesnt mean people werent being civil. Things started to get heated on page 10. Not every disagreement equals flaming.

THANK YOU!
  • Options
    SpidersWeb wrote: »

I don't think people really take offense, but more that it winds people up / rubs them the wrong way, so they return the favor and it just becomes a big waste of time circle. Just better to leave the remarks out if you want to have a serious conversation.

I do know what you mean about sensitivity though, this is the exact opposite of most other game forums but I think that's fitting for "The Sims". I put on my polite face when I'm here, but will happily jump to gtaforums and tear some kid a new one.

Hahaha your last sentence really made me giggle thanks. I was very "passionate" in that sense on the mass effect forums.
  • Options

You and I will differ on that then. I tend to live by the "personal responsibility" rule. Meaning, I am responsible for my words and my actions. So I make sure that I consider before I speak. And sometimes, it's just best not to speak at all.

If everyone in the world were like that, the world wouldn't have these mean people you think are acceptable because they would consider the other before they even made a nasty comment.

• Options

You and I will differ on that then. I tend to live by the "personal responsibility" rule. Meaning, I am responsible for my words and my actions. So I make sure that I consider before I speak. And sometimes, it's just best not to speak at all.

If everyone in the world were like that, the world wouldn't have these mean people you think are acceptable because they would consider the other before they even made a nasty comment.

I never said they're acceptable. Im saying you cant change them unless they feel personally that they want to. Thats not how the world works. Best thing to do is just to ignore them. What you percieve as wrong might not be wrong to someone else. Everyone is raised differently. If you are taking offense to what im saying then i apologise, but realistically people only change when they want to. Society has plagued this world with terrible morals and ethics. Only thing you can do is deny the system by ignoring it. Anyways we're going a little off topic here.
  • Options

I never said they're acceptable. Im saying you cant change them unless they feel personally that they want to. Thats not how the world works. Best thing to do is just to ignore them. What you percieve as wrong might not be wrong to someone else. Everyone is raised differently. If you are taking offense to what im saying then i apologise, but realistically people only change when they want to. Society has plagued this world with terrible morals and ethics. Only thing you can do is deny the system by ignoring it. Anyways we're going a little off topic here.

Well then we are agreed on that. So then there is really no reason for you to call people sheep is there?
  • Options

Well then we are agreed on that. So then there is really no reason for you to call people sheep is there?

In his defense all he was actually doing is calling one person a fanboy/sheep - and that person had just called him a troll. I can see why the word being their set off a few people but it's not really a huge offense.

I think on this forum it is at it's best when people are being polite/constructive, but I wouldn't want to see the entire world like this.
  • Options
    edited November 2014

As i have explained plenty of times that comment was only directed to the simmer i quoted which is why i quoted. -.- ugh so many double standards here. Its ok for that simmer to be blatantly rude and when i respond to that simmer specifically everyone gets offended. Honestly people.

In his defense all he was actually doing is calling one person a fanboy/sheep - and that person had just called him a troll. I can see why the word being their set off a few people but it's not really a huge offense.

I think on this forum it is at it's best when people are being polite/constructive, but I wouldn't want to see the entire world like this.

Thanks, im a she though ;)
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited November 2014

You missed my whole point. I never said people weren't being civil. I said it was likely she popped in because the thread, regardless of the OP's intentions could be considered inflammatory. It's pretty apparent to me that she expected it to erupt.
    And why did that (almost) happen? It's just because of people who can't stand it when others who don't "own" the game open their mouth. That just proves how right @DevilH4 is with his post.

This space is for rent.
  • Options
    haha, I was just coming back in to change it to 'they' and 'them' but you caught me.

• Options
    haha, I was just coming back in to change it to 'they' and 'them' but you caught me.

No worries, my gamer name isnt really girly so i understand :P
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Cyron43 wrote: »

You missed my whole point. I never said people weren't being civil. I said it was likely she popped in because the thread, regardless of the OP's intentions could be considered inflammatory. It's pretty apparent to me that she expected it to erupt.
    And why did that (almost) happen? It's just because of people who can't stand it when others who don't "own" the game open their mouth. That just proves how right @DevilH4 is with his post.

I don't own the game and there are reasons and I have nothing against those that do but as EA have turned their back on my preferred game if choice (The Sims 3) and not fixed the remaining issues and even closed our old forums, I feel ignored and unwanted so I feel I have every reason to use my voice
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited November 2014
    anywho211 wrote: »
    Yes of course you are perfectly innocent. Was your question not a matter of flame bait as well? LOL. People who like the game are all the 'bad' ones, while those like you are 100% innocent and never mean to offend anyone. Ever. LOL again.

I mean--seriously?

How about this thread which proves how 'innocent' the optimistic ones are: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/785647/sims-3-was-better/p3 Nearly every response to this new simmer was derogatory while some tried to derail the topic entirely by talking about dresses for TS4. And guess what? This person had bought the game! :| She's never been back on here, btw. I wonder why?

Stop acting like you and your friends haven't been rude as well. I'm sick of the phony act.

But yeah, keep tossing those stones in your glass house.

Since I didn't partake in that thread, I don't see your point when I consider it was me you quoted.

@Anavastia I was actually attemtping to be friendly to start with. I was genuinely curious if you actually had a chance. I honestly never had anything against you until that point. The essay that followed made me realize I made a mistake, and I was honest with my response. Go back and re-read it. Never once did I say you never had a say. I did, however, get irked by your response. I really don't like conflicts, believe it or not, but you can all play the victims all you want, and you can all have the last word if that's what makes you feel better. I'm done with your type.

EDIT: and really? Ideas and Feedback?
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    Mylita wrote: »
    I'm with Rflong7 on this one. The question as asked implies that the poster has no basis for their comment. That's how it came across to me as well.

Mylita

This is what irks me most about human nature and it's no wonder I have no friends. Are we all such liars and full of inuendos that a person can't simply ask a question without it meaning exactly what it means?

Really?

Sadly, we cannot even click a button without someone accusing us of doing someone wrong. The good news is that we do not have to respond to those baiting comments...just smile pleasantly and move one.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Shadoza2 wrote: »
    The good news is that we do not have to respond to those baiting comments...just smile pleasantly and move one.

Exactly.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    anywho211 wrote: »
    Yes of course you are perfectly innocent. Was your question not a matter of flame bait as well? LOL. People who like the game are all the 'bad' ones, while those like you are 100% innocent and never mean to offend anyone. Ever. LOL again.

I mean--seriously?

How about this thread which proves how 'innocent' the optimistic ones are: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/785647/sims-3-was-better/p3 Nearly every response to this new simmer was derogatory while some tried to derail the topic entirely by talking about dresses for TS4. And guess what? This person had bought the game! :| She's never been back on here, btw. I wonder why?

Stop acting like you and your friends haven't been rude as well. I'm sick of the phony act.

But yeah, keep tossing those stones in your glass house.

Since I didn't partake in that thread, I don't see your point when I consider it was me you quoted.

@Anavastia I was actually attemtping to be friendly to start with. I was genuinely curious if you actually had a chance. I honestly never had anything against you until that point. The essay that followed made me realize I made a mistake, and I was honest with my response. Go back and re-read it. Never once did I say you never had a say. I did, however, get irked by your response. I really don't like conflicts, believe it or not, but you can all play the victims all you want, and you can all have the last word if that's what makes you feel better. I'm done with your type.

EDIT: and really? Ideas and Feedback?

That certainly wasn't what i picked up from the conversation from the beginning to the end. Especially through the discussion i was already having which you already out the blue felt the need to be curious about that question. If you're so familiar with me you already new the answer. Which is it, you're familiar with my posts or not?

You're response was let me further believed that your curiosity was indeed not friendly nor warranted. Like i said you still want to berate that conversation to this day. You came off as offensive, im not going to interpret it any other way than that. It's what you intended and still do. You asked that question and you got my response no need for me to go back to anything. It was very clear anyone reading that conversation would see what you're intentions of asking where. Which is why you got my response in the first, place. Which is why are you asking me. You told me to grow up, then told me i only speculate i don't get do anything else. Then further got mad because i didn't buy the game i don't get to speak how i want to about it. Now you want to back peddle after you were extremely rude. I doubt you regret it or are anyway sorry for asking. Now you want to play victim after you got snapped back at for your rudeness in the first place.

It was rude of you to ask. My buying the game or not, was not the subject of that thread and it was none of your business in the first place to ask. It had nothing to do with the conversation you butted into. If you had been as curious as you wanted to be instead of throwing the topic off you could have simply pmed me your question. No you intended to be rude and you continued up until the end of it. No you wanted to put me on the spot to make a point in that thread. So please im not buying this whole i don't like conflict. If you're so familiar with my posts you know exactly that i hate when im discussing the game every sim 4 love has asked me that question when they're losing an argument and then drift the entire thread into debate where several posters come in to gang up to chase me out. Telling people you don't like conflict you certainly picked it that day.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    It's not very different from people who have never been to Italy telling people what Italy is like because they Googled "'Italy'.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    DevilH4 wrote: »
    A long time ago, yes, you needed to purchase a game or play a demo to see if it was good or not, but nowadays, we have Youtube, we have more HONEST reviewers, we got Twitch. All these things help a consumer in determining whether a game is worth their money.

I agree.

I does not make you capable enough of giving feedback and the actual game, though.

So, basically, what you're saying is that people who make the decision not to buy the game based purely on their research are incapable of coming on here and giving any meaningful feedback on the game?

Yes. I mean exactly that.

Much like people who never drove a Panamera cannot tell us what the handling is like. Or how people who never ate scargot cannot tell us what it tastes like.