Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    For now, I'm not checking them out. With me not even having base it is not much of a hardship. But, I love my occult sims in 3, but even if done well, there are still too many issues I have with SIms4.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »
    For now, I'm not checking them out. With me not even having base it is not much of a hardship. But, I love my occult sims in 3, but even if done well, there are still too many issues I have with SIms4.

See, now this is how I feel. Like, it's about principle now, right? I just can't look passed what they've done to the base (toddlers and everything else). I can't.

But then (whispers) look at the vampires. Lookit! I want to squeeeeeeeee.

Ok, somebody please slap me.

--T
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    To7m wrote: »

See, now this is how I feel. Like, it's about principle now, right? I just can't look passed what they've done to the base (toddlers and everything else). I can't.

--T

Don't give in to temptation. I see a lot of 'hype' for Vampires at the moment but I saw that same hype for other things before and it all ended in tear.

Something tells me that these Vampires don't just bite, but they scorch as well...

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

--T

Don't give in to temptation. I see a lot of 'hype' for Vampires at the moment but I saw that same hype for other things before and it all ended in tear.

Something tells me that these Vampires don't just bite, but they scorch as well...

I know, I know. But it's hard. I'm waiting for the trailer today, and then feedback from the release of the vampires themselves before I even *think* about trying them for myself. And even then I'll have to go to somebody who has the pack because I'm definitely not buying it just yet.

--T
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    I just hope the vamps in Sims 4 aren't the sparkly "Twilight" vamps from Sims 3. I never played with vamps in Sims 2. Not that I say they shouldn't be in the game, but well, I'd rather play fairies. :)
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    I'd much rather they had put toddlers in first. But, this pretty much confirms to my cynical mind that toddlers will not be coming in this version. They will sell the other occult sims piece by piece, which might be a good thing if they do them better with substance and not fluff, not necessarily good for your wallet though.
  • Options
    I'd much rather they had put toddlers in first. But, this pretty much confirms to my cynical mind that toddlers will not be coming in this version. They will sell the other occult sims piece by piece, which might be a good thing if they do them better with substance and not fluff, not necessarily good for your wallet though.

Yes, me too. I would rather toddlers first. This is getting old.

Still. Those vampires... I'll want them from afar. Far far afar.

--T
  • Options
    I just hope the vamps in Sims 4 aren't the sparkly "Twilight" vamps from Sims 3. I never played with vamps in Sims 2. Not that I say they shouldn't be in the game, but well, I'd rather play fairies. :)

I definitely enjoy TS2 vampires the most, although I wished they had the speed ability (both running and skilling) from TS3. I *think* they're supposed to skill faster at night in TS2. And I love that they don't age, unlike TS3.

--T
  • Options

--T

I know, I know. But it's hard. I'm waiting for the trailer today, and then feedback from the release of the vampires themselves before I even *think* about trying them for myself. And even then I'll have to go to somebody who has the pack because I'm definitely not buying it just yet.

--T

Just watched players reviews on Youtube. If it looks good then you could try it yourself. If you think it looks awful just boycott it. You haven't really got anything to loose at the moment.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

These where the points that I made in my thread which got moved to Feedback. If they focus on each supernatural in a GP they could be fleshed out and 'better than before' but you will have to pay more for them.

As for toddlers, that still seems to be a big no from them. I doubt that toddlers would be here this year if anything and if you do see them, you will have to pay for them.

The Vampire GP could be a good testament to weather small themes can work in GPs against EPs. The next few weeks should be interesting to say the least.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    I think the great game guarantee should apply to dlc. Shame it doesn't so people can't test it out for a limited period. Be interesting to see what they deliver but vampires have never really been my thing. I'd rather witches or fairies.
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    @To7m for whatever my view is worth, don't give yourself a hard time over it. If you like what you see get it - life is short enjoy and it's not going to change the toddler situation. Best wishes
  • Options
    simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    edited January 2017
    Hi everyone, long time no see.

Last time I played any sims game was a year ago now :p With the lost respect for the company I also lost interest in their games.

EA is probably one of the leaders of having dlc and microtransactions in their video games the last decade. It's ironic since their CFO declair EA want to avoid nickel and diming gamers :/

They wanted to lure in "new people" for TS4, but those who are not familiar with the sims games do they really feel like buying the one game that has the lowest crictic and user score in the sims series history? (3,9 on metacritic, TS2 has 8,8 and TS3 7,6 in comparison).

I can't even understand how they think. Making a great game from the beginning wouldn't that pay off better? Both when it comes to money and to raise their reputation.
  • Options
    xoxoXDxoxoXD Posts: 215 Member
    Honestly, all I want is toddlers and ghost/supernatural children.
    qCDeJ1I.gif
  • Options
    @simIrrevirre Welcome back and good points :smile:

I think that making a game that players actually want to play would be the wiser option but each to their own I guess :no_mouth:

Interestingly a lot of 'new' players have heard about TS3 and a couple have ended up trying that out instead. At the moment it seems like TS3 is still in serious business while it feels like TS4 is just plodding along behind trying to take a few ideas :open_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Ok, it's a new day and the novelty has worn off (lol) i will admit, these vampires look cool (like, SO cool squeeee). But it's principle now. I stand by my decision and I will not be purchasing this game pack until they address the toddler issue. I will not pay money until I feel it's worth it and without each life stage - it's just not worth the 5minutes I'll probably play for.

/sigh of relief.

--T

ETA: Typo/s can't spell today.
  • Options
    @To7m ::::hugs:::: I've heard a few good comments about it, but, have not looked at the trailer. I don't believe marketing trailers anymore so will wait for player reviews. Not buying Sims4 without the toddler issue cleared up either or a few others. :neutral:
  • Options
    @To7m ::::hugs:::: I've heard a few good comments about it, but, have not looked at the trailer. I don't believe marketing trailers anymore so will wait for player reviews. Not buying Sims4 without the toddler issue cleared up either or a few others. :neutral:

It does look good. But, like you say, looks are surface only so I too am waiting for reviews from you guys.

Honestly, I'm more excited for the new wave of LEGO Dimensions characters coming in Feb. They're based on the new LEGO Batman movie and Knight Rider. Clearly I'm a big kid at heart haha!

::hugs::

--T

• Options

It does look good. But, like you say, looks are surface only so I too am waiting for reviews from you guys.

Honestly, I'm more excited for the new wave of LEGO Dimensions characters coming in Feb. They're based on the new LEGO Batman movie and Knight Rider. Clearly I'm a big kid at heart haha!

--T

lol...Lego's are not just for kids anymore. :) I almost bought a pack for hubby for Christmas, one of the star wars ones. Until I saw the price tag. I don't have that much disposable income anymore. :cry:
  • Options

--T

lol...Lego's are not just for kids anymore. :) I almost bought a pack for hubby for Christmas, one of the star wars ones. Until I saw the price tag. I don't have that much disposable income anymore. :cry:

Yes it is costly. I recently saw the Disney castle set - I almost died when I saw the price for £300+.

--T
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member

--T

The trailer looks amazing... doesn't it? Well keep looking cos that is the height of the excitement.

See... you don't need to buy the pack to be disappointed, you can stay excited forever just by watching the trailer over and over and over again. <3

I'll be getting the pack given to me so if you wait I can play through it quickly (cos it wont take long as usual) and then you know how glad you'll be to not have wasted your money. :p Or... maybe we'll be surprised and in which case I will tell you that it is surprisingly good....
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I am excited about the vamp GP and the trailer did look juicy, but... I have been excited before and disappointed/burned before, so I am trying to keep to the "wait and see" approach.

In terms of vamps, I actually do like the friendlier Sims 3 vamps (minus the sparkles!), but I guess I am weird, lol.

One thing (besides the 5 lots thing) that is disappointing me already is having the confirmation that children stages and lower will not have vampiric characteristics or powers. :disappointed: Seriously? I hope the kids have something in this pack! :frowning:

I wanted glowing eyes on babies and children, and maybe some cute, tiny fangs or something. :cry:

Sadly, I guess that is one area (an aspect of family play) where the GP won't fully "flesh out"...at least, compared to Sims 3.

The more this game disappoints me, the more impressed I get with what Sims 3 had accomplished in the past (even if I am not a loving fan of that iteration, lol).
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Now there's tweet about new bassinets for the vampire GP? At least that's something. I hope maybe there will be some CC or mods for this vampire child/baby stuff (or maybe in a future Generations pack??).
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    edited January 2017

Yes, me too. I would rather toddlers first. This is getting old.

Still. Those vampires... I'll want them from afar. Far far afar.

--T

I must admit, even I like the look of the new vampires... But once again, they're standing upon the foundation that is The Sims 4.

It'd be like having the most awesome perfect palatial house with everything anyone could possibly want in it; Sited right next to a raw sewage plant... It doesn't matter how good the house is is, it's still going to stink.

Do you really want to play with a bipolar vampire that's biting sims one minute and joking around with them the next?

Also though I could be wrong, I can't help but note, that while there IS a transform into bat animation, I didn't see the bat fly anywhere, it just seems to appear at the new location.
    raw
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,194 Member
    I am excited about the vamp GP and the trailer did look juicy, but... I have been excited before and disappointed/burned before, so I am trying to keep to the "wait and see" approach.

In terms of vamps, I actually do like the friendlier Sims 3 vamps (minus the sparkles!), but I guess I am weird, lol.

One thing (besides the 5 lots thing) that is disappointing me already is having the confirmation that children stages and lower will not have vampiric characteristics or powers. :disappointed: Seriously? I hope the kids have something in this pack! :frowning:

I wanted glowing eyes on babies and children, and maybe some cute, tiny fangs or something. :cry:

Sadly, I guess that is one area (an aspect of family play) where the GP won't fully "flesh out"...at least, compared to Sims 3.

The more this game disappoints me, the more impressed I get with what Sims 3 had accomplished in the past (even if I am not a loving fan of that iteration, lol).

Well they can have their skin color, and eyes
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top