Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @cherpar Thanks for the co next :smile: Hopefully you can get TS3 working again
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    @cherpar and everyone, I'm doing lots better. Took my time this week and have been drinking lots of Coke and ginger ale to aid with anything being amiss.

@elanorbreton I'm sorry to see you go. Hopefully, you can pop in and just say "Hi" every once in a while. But I understand. I will miss you.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    mizuru007 wrote: »
    GOOD NEWS, EVERYONE!

Someone is working on making a Sims 4 growth mod! Is it the toddlers we want? No.
    BUT it works like its Sims 3 counterpart. So it's technically possible to have preteens...that function like children/teenagers, but they slowly grow with time. I know it isn't perfect, but I just figured I'd make the announcement for those that desperately want *something*.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Do you have a link or something?

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    mizuru007 wrote: »
    GOOD NEWS, EVERYONE!

Someone is working on making a Sims 4 growth mod! Is it the toddlers we want? No.
    BUT it works like its Sims 3 counterpart. So it's technically possible to have preteens...that function like children/teenagers, but they slowly grow with time. I know it isn't perfect, but I just figured I'd make the announcement for those that desperately want *something*.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Do you have a link or something?

Here's the link. I suppose I'll go ahead and add some semblance of a NSFW warning if only because it's a part of a group of sliders and one of them isn't entirely child appropriate, but since this game is for TEENS MINIMUM (ahem), I'll assume we are all mature enough to handle it.

http://modthesims.info/t/571799
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    Oh, that´s sad. From what I read there, the modder seems to have retired. :(
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    SelSel Posts: 430 Member
    looks like a crazy task to make a gradual growth mod for the sims 4 :o i mean, i remember someone did it back in the sims 3 days, but wow it seems really complicated. anyway if anyone here wants to change their teen's height, there's also another height slider and you can download a preset that makes every teen automatically shorter than adults :)
    Origin ID: Selxna
  • Options
    ThrippaThrippa Posts: 678 Member
    Happy New Year, everyone!
  • Options
    @Thrippa Happy New Year :smile:

I finally have a few days off so I can have some time to play The Sims :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    Hope everyone had a great time on New Year's Eve. Been busy with toddlers in TS3 - the darned father rolled the 'raise 5 from baby to teen' wish. Just two kids to go and he gets it. But his wife cheated on him with her boss. Life is not the best for him.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    edited January 2017
    Well, simspeaker4, I guess there's always divorce and remarriage... ;D Sounds like a tough life though.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    Hi guys, long time, no see. I just missed the sale for EP 3, although I knew about it... just haven't played until forever and I also got FF XV, so...
    Still, I regret it. 20 Euros is like nothing for an EP and maybe it would have made me play Sims again (haven't for months). On the other hand, hearing, they want to sell us a supernatural state for 20 bucks makes me question if I even want to get back on board with this iteration, especially because they release GPs and EPs so rarely and than they don't even contain anything substantial... a mixture for desaster.
    Really hope for a family EP as their next move.
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    Im just gna say it vamps before toddlers :'(:'(
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    clover24 wrote: »

that's what i was thinking this morning too... but then again i don't think they will ever deliver toddlers :(
  • Options
    @Anemone7 Welcome back :smile: I see mixed reactions for vampires. Some p,ayers are delighted while others are nervous and wonder if you can turn them off.

@clover24 and @cherpar I am starting to doubt that toddlers would ever arrive as well. They are on the list of 'most desired and most missing' features that were in the TS3 basegame. Cars, Open World and CASt being the other three and all unlikely to ever arrive in TS4.

I am also starting to question if we will ever see Pets or Seasons as well
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    cherpar wrote: »
    clover24 wrote: »

that's what i was thinking this morning too... but then again i don't think they will ever deliver toddlers :(

Id say they are too much hard work now with all the sp and gp and eps.
    If they ever come then i would now assume they would be tied to a pack and would expect there ever to be toddler aliens or vamps and that wouldnt work.....
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    edited January 2017
    Can I vent her e ? For one thing i'm excited for the vampire game pack. I can finally make supernatural families like I did in 3 . Imagine one with ghosts, and vampires with an adopted alien child. ^^. I would be more excited , but there a certain member who keeps going on vampire threads or make them . Who keeps going on hey they don't want them ? How this worst game pack, and sometimes they should kept this for Halloween. I going leave the person nameless for respect . It's just that it's annoying when people get angry for packs that are not there interest .And saying they shouldn't do it .
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    I know everyone doesn't like occults , and there is aa lot things we need in the gane .( toddlers )But this the first in awhile , that the sims team produce something i'm interested in.
  • Options
    ThrippaThrippa Posts: 678 Member
    It would be nice if they'd do vampires more like Sims 2, where there were 2 NPC vampires and the player controlled the spread, than Sims 3, where it seemed like half the neighborhood ended up vampires whether you wanted them or not. With the Count and Countess, you could just avoid them and nothing would spread, so you didn't need to turn them off particularly. With Sims 3 there were always vampires everywhere. Not particularly bothered by the concept of vampires, but I did get tired of my sims constantly being 'Hunted' or Implying Chupacabra and such all the time they were out and about. Give the player the ability to set certain NPCs as vamps, sure, so the player has charge over how many there are. But then, I have little interest in playing one personally.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    It is nice to have bowling alleys again. It's one of my go-to date and family activities for Sims 2. I even built a log-cabin style bowling alley at Three Lakes for my vacationing sims in Sims 2.

Seeing vamps is going to make me miss the vamp tots biting their teddies. Well, I'll miss them until I fire up Sims 3. :p

However, I'm just not excited for either pack. Not because of the content, they're both neat ideas. As long as the Sims 4 base continues to remain incomplete and problematic, I can't get fully motivated for any release. Plus, just about every single pack has had the problem of, "great idea, poorly or half-done implementation." The trust is gone.
  • Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    It is nice to have bowling alleys again. It's one of my go-to date and family activities for Sims 2. I even built a log-cabin style bowling alley at Three Lakes for my vacationing sims in Sims 2.

Seeing vamps is going to make me miss the vamp tots biting their teddies. Well, I'll miss them until I fire up Sims 3. :p

However, I'm just not excited for either pack. Not because of the content, they're both neat ideas. As long as the Sims 4 base continues to remain incomplete and problematic, I can't get fully motivated for any release. Plus, just about every single pack has had the problem of, "great idea, poorly or half-done implementation." The trust is gone.

This. So cute yet so flaming creepy. Toddlers increase vampiric attributes.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    Thanks. I have nothing against vampires, actually, but dedicating a whole pack that takes six month to produce to only one supernatural, when TS4 is still lacking a lot of content, is crazy or lazy. There were two examples of EPs,where they would have fitted neatly. But no, every iteration before except the first did that, why should TS4 not take the route of getting half the price of an EP for one little aspect of an EP.
    Sims 4 could still become decent... but not with this milking attitude towards fans, who missed parts of the game from the beginning.
  • Options
    @Horrorgirl6 I have seen a few mixed reactions towards Vampires as well. They are not something that I want in the game but I see a lot of players are excited for them as they have been requested for a while.

The thing is when it comes to Supernatural stuff in The Sims it is always going to be mixed feelings. Some players will jump to the moon as it will give them new ways to play while other players become very hostile and think that 'they should be doing other things instead'

I can see both sides of the argument and the problem with TS4 is that with so much still 'missing' I can see why some players are upset at the addition of Vampires when they feel other things could be addressed first.

It is just the way things are in the TS4 era im afraid

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    I really hope they flesh them out so much that simmers think they are worth the price of a game pack. Yes @king_of_simcity7 its always the way with such a theme, simmers will be spilt more so than with something more mainstream.

It's interesting though because I thought spa day and dine out were well done- so we will see what they deliver.
  • Options
    @cherpar There was even a 'divide' back in the TS2 days of having magic and not having magic. I wasn't interested in magic myself but I liked how they implemented it in AL providing a new idea (apartments) and a returning idea such as magic. It was easy to avoid the witches in AL if you where not interested but they where not too hidden so players who wanted to play with magic could still find them.

It is ideas like that which work well in The Sims as it means that no one gets left out :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    I'm really upset because I like what I've seen so far of these Vampires and I really want them but I just can't get passed this whole toddler issue.

This is really conflicting and it bothers me.

--T
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top