Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

• Options
    fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    @Bugsie2016, thank you so much! and i hope you're having a great day as well.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,790 Member
    Mom's mad at me but I'm also ticked off with her. On one hand she wants me to try to go to bed by 11:30pm (so I can loose some weight) but on the other hand last week she made cakes (we're on the 2nd one tonight) but because my parents are "obbesed" with differet TV shows we don't eat the cake until sometime after 11pm. Which is really annoying if it's on a Wednesday or Sunday night when the next day I have to wake up at 8am the following day to go to New Leaf It doesn't help that we don't have supper until around 8pm
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,735 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Mom's mad at me but I'm also ticked off with her. On one hand she wants me to try to go to bed by 11:30pm (so I can loose some weight) but on the other hand last week she made cakes (we're on the 2nd one tonight) but because my parents are "obbesed" with differet TV shows we don't eat the cake until sometime after 11pm. Which is really annoying if it's on a Wednesday or Sunday night when the next day I have to wake up at 8am the following day to go to New Leaf It doesn't help that we don't have supper until around 8pm

Hello
    Could you all perhaps eat the cake whilst the tv shows are on? Or perhaps have the cake with your supper rather than later on. Then you could go to bed when you would like to, without waiting to have the cake.
  • Options
    samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    Hey all

Just checking in in case anyone saw my message before I deleted it to say I'm not dead

Hope everyone's having a nice day
  • Options
    samemie wrote: »
    Hey all

Just checking in in case anyone saw my message before I deleted it to say I'm not dead

Hope everyone's having a nice day

Hello @samemie
    I send hugs to you <3 I am keeping you in my thoughts . Try taking a day by day . There will be good days and not so good days. Life may seem cloudy at times, but the sun is still there. May it peek through and you see a sunshine patch. You are a very special person of so much value .
  • Options
    Thank you @rosemow *hugs back*
  • Options
    IgneousGeldingIgneousGelding Posts: 393 Member
    I hope everyone is having a good day. I hope you're able to breathe calmly and your plans workout well, and I hope that the troubles you are facing even out and disperse in the coming days. However long it takes, don't be too hard on yourselves. I know it's difficult, but trust me when I say that the time ahead of you will pass far faster than you think, and it will get better. It might even shock you how fast it gets better - or, it won't. But it will come, I promise. It always does if you can hold it out long enough. Personally, I've been going through a rough past three years, and looking back on it, it feels like everything's gone so fast. This moment is still an uphill battle, but at least I can see the ridge of the sun. I guess, that's what you're looking for. The hope of the sun, and then a time when it warms you.
    Origin ID: graple2001
    I build things and sometimes share them. I'm not hogging, I'm just slow. I've recently wiped my gallery, so there might not be stuff up for a while.tumblr_nabmnaWdl21s7ujplo1_500.gif
  • Options
    I hope everyone is having a good day. I hope you're able to breathe calmly and your plans workout well, and I hope that the troubles you are facing even out and disperse in the coming days. However long it takes, don't be too hard on yourselves. I know it's difficult, but trust me when I say that the time ahead of you will pass far faster than you think, and it will get better. It might even shock you how fast it gets better - or, it won't. But it will come, I promise. It always does if you can hold it out long enough. Personally, I've been going through a rough past three years, and looking back on it, it feels like everything's gone so fast. This moment is still an uphill battle, but at least I can see the ridge of the sun. I guess, that's what you're looking for. The hope of the sun, and then a time when it warms you.

Hello @IgneousGelding
    Tnankyou for posting your encouraging and thoughtful words. You have special empathy for those simmers going through hard times. I send hugs to you <3 in all that your life is holding.
  • Options
    IgneousGeldingIgneousGelding Posts: 393 Member
    edited July 2017
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @IgneousGelding
    Tnankyou for posting your encouraging and thoughtful words. You have special empathy for those simmers going through hard times. I send hugs to you <3 in all that your life is holding.

Thank you, @rosemow . That means a lot. I send hugs to you as well, and I hope you're having a pleasant day/night. <3 Yesterday was the day I've been waiting for for three years, and I just thought I'd share the weird feeling of finally facing what you've been working towards dead in the eyes. Time sure flies.
    Origin ID: graple2001
    I build things and sometimes share them. I'm not hogging, I'm just slow. I've recently wiped my gallery, so there might not be stuff up for a while.tumblr_nabmnaWdl21s7ujplo1_500.gif
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,790 Member

Hello
    Could you all perhaps eat the cake whilst the tv shows are on? Or perhaps have the cake with your supper rather than later on. Then you could go to bed when you would like to, without waiting to have the cake.

I can't have the cake while Mom's show on because she actually wants to WATCH the show but she's the one who has to cut the cake and serve out the IC (Ice Cream) and berries. And in our house dessert items don't come AT supper but a couple of hours AFTER supper. Besides we're usually too full after our supper to have Cake (not to mention Mom still had to get the berries ready).
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

Hello

I can't have the cake while Mom's show on because she actually wants to WATCH the show but she's the one who has to cut the cake and serve out the IC (Ice Cream) and berries. And in our house dessert items don't come AT supper but a couple of hours AFTER supper. Besides we're usually too full after our supper to have Cake (not to mention Mom still had to get the berries ready).

It is nice that your Mother prepares ice cream and berries for you all to eat with the cake <3 .It sounds delicious :)
  • Options
    CupcakeViolenceCupcakeViolence Posts: 124 Member
    I had an appointment today to get my cat declawed, he's a bit older (3 years) so I was already concerned with the after effects but I agreed to it because I'm stupidly allergic so I'm fine for the most part (ie breathing) but if he scratches me (he plays aggressively ie teeth and claws) my skin hives and I have a bad allergic reaction. And I've had him for a year I'm too attached to him to put him up for adoption, but that's not the Point of this post.

We went in today, I had decided to pay to get a blood panel done on him (because I'm a nursing student I like baseline values) and the vet called because his creatinine (kidney enzyme & indicatior of kidney disease) levels were elevated so they weren't going to declaw him because the drug they'd use is hard on kidneys and didn't want to put him into kidney failure.

So now we have to wait four weeks to go do another blood panel to see if his kidney enzymes are high or if it was a one time thing and I'm worried about my little buddy...

They're (the vet & assistant) are not super worried, they gave me things to watch for and if he seems off to bring him in but it's scary cause he's my first cat and he's my baby :(

Come check out my selection! Finding her Prince Charming

Or my blog
  • Options
    911TruthBear911TruthBear Posts: 641 Member
    Well, I FINALLY have the FINAL UPDATE regarding the supervior position at work:

I didn't get it, but it did go to a VERY WORTHY and good co-worker, and the blessed thing is, both "George" (not his real name) and I have such a good working relationship, that we genuinely wished the other one to get the postion and after it was announced, both "George" and I had a heart to heart talk and we both had a list of pros and cons of what each one of us would do respectively if we got the position, and I came out of that conversation confident that while I really wanted the position, it really wasn't for me at this time.

Our Market Manager pulled me aside and told me that I did come close to getting the position but it came down to "George" having some management experience, whereas, I have only 9 months as a Lead, plus, there is that little matter of me not owning a car, and there would be occasions where I might have to go to our other location 45 minutes away to fill in for that supervisor.

And the team is happy...They seem to like "George", and "George" and I have always gotten along, and I don't see that changing, and we finally have a supervisor again, and we don't have to rely on the supervisor from 45 minutes away to come down and take care of both her store and ours anymore! (Well, actually, she does have to keep doing that for a couple more weeks until "George" is fully trained on making the schedule, but other than that, it's all good! :)
  • Options
    I had an appointment today to get my cat declawed, he's a bit older (3 years) so I was already concerned with the after effects but I agreed to it because I'm plum allergic so I'm fine for the most part (ie breathing) but if he scratches me (he plays aggressively ie teeth and claws) my skin hives and I have a bad allergic reaction. And I've had him for a year I'm too attached to him to put him up for adoption, but that's not the Point of this post.

We went in today, I had decided to pay to get a blood panel done on him (because I'm a nursing student I like baseline values) and the vet called because his creatinine (kidney enzyme & indicatior of kidney disease) levels were elevated so they weren't going to declaw him because the drug they'd use is hard on kidneys and didn't want to put him into kidney failure.

So now we have to wait four weeks to go do another blood panel to see if his kidney enzymes are high or if it was a one time thing and I'm worried about my little buddy...

They're (the vet & assistant) are not super worried, they gave me things to watch for and if he seems off to bring him in but it's scary cause he's my first cat and he's my baby :(

Hello @CupcakeViolence
    It would be concerning for you to hear the news that your loved cat has raised creatinine levels which could be a sign of kidney disease. It would have given you a shock to hear the news. It will seem a long wait for you for the 4 weeks until he can have another test to see if the issue remains.
    It is a good sign that the vet and assistant is not overly worried.They may have seen this occur before, and the levels have decreased again.Try taking note of things that the vet has told you watch out for.
    I send hugs to you <3 We don't like our loved pets to be unwell.
  • Options
    Well, I FINALLY have the FINAL UPDATE regarding the supervior position at work:

I didn't get it, but it did go to a VERY WORTHY and good co-worker, and the blessed thing is, both "George" (not his real name) and I have such a good working relationship, that we genuinely wished the other one to get the postion and after it was announced, both "George" and I had a heart to heart talk and we both had a list of pros and cons of what each one of us would do respectively if we got the position, and I came out of that conversation confident that while I really wanted the position, it really wasn't for me at this time.

Our Market Manager pulled me aside and told me that I did come close to getting the position but it came down to "George" having some management experience, whereas, I have only 9 months as a Lead, plus, there is that little matter of me not owning a car, and there would be occasions where I might have to go to our other location 45 minutes away to fill in for that supervisor.

And the team is happy...They seem to like "George", and "George" and I have always gotten along, and I don't see that changing, and we finally have a supervisor again, and we don't have to rely on the supervisor from 45 minutes away to come down and take care of both her store and ours anymore! (Well, actually, she does have to keep doing that for a couple more weeks until "George" is fully trained on making the schedule, but other than that, it's all good! :)

Hello @911TruthBear
    Thankyou for updating us on how your application for the job position went. Although you didn't get the job, it sounds like the person who now has the supervisor position is well suited for the job, and the results of him getting hired for that position will be beneficial for you all. It is good that you get along well with him. It is great you have been to discuss things over with him. It is good also that the Market Manager cared for you , that he took the time to discuss the reasons for the appointment of the other person.
    I send hugs to you <3
  • Options
    @CupcakeViolence, i'm sorry to give unsolicited advice, but would you consider nail caps for your cat, instead of declawing?
  • Options
    hey @samemie, i didn't read your original post, just the edit saying "nevermind". but that worried me for some reason, even if i don't know you. i just want to say... i don't know. just... many hugs and good vibes for you. and if you ever want to talk to a stranger, you can message me. anytime.
  • Options
    CupcakeViolenceCupcakeViolence Posts: 124 Member
    fewlines wrote: »
    @CupcakeViolence, i'm sorry to give unsolicited advice, but would you consider nail caps for your cat, instead of declawing?

He chews them off.... so obviously we will have to keep buying them if he can't get declawed but I'm looking for a more permanent solution so I can love him forever...
    Or leave them I don't care I'm just concerned about potential kidney failure :(
    Come check out my selection! Finding her Prince Charming

Or my blog
  • Options
    Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    I had an appointment today to get my cat declawed, he's a bit older (3 years) so I was already concerned with the after effects but I agreed to it because I'm plum allergic so I'm fine for the most part (ie breathing) but if he scratches me (he plays aggressively ie teeth and claws) my skin hives and I have a bad allergic reaction. And I've had him for a year I'm too attached to him to put him up for adoption, but that's not the Point of this post.

That's good you're having a second blood panel done. Sadie, our six year old cockatoo, had a full blood panel done in November and had high BUN and Creatinine levels. The vet disgnosed kidney disease and prescribed a diet and medication. We got a second opinion from our other vet, who also ran a urine test and it confirmed the kidney disease. But also it's important to know that the BUN levels can fluctuate due to factors such as stress, not drinking enough, or even eating before the blood test is done.

So a second opinion is always good. Creatinine is one of the big factors they look at to diagnose kidney disease. Sadie started out at 1.5 Creatinine, and was up to 2.3 by May. So her kidney disease is progressing, but she remains strong and still has a great appetite. We get her blood tested again on Thursday. At her last blood test, her phosphorus level was still within normal limits. Once that starts riding she would start showing signs of illness, vomiting, loss of appetite and weight.

Right now the only signs I notice are drinking a lot, and her urine is a clear color since it's not very concentrated.
  • Options

That's good you're having a second blood panel done. Sadie, our six year old cockatoo, had a full blood panel done in November and had high BUN and Creatinine levels. The vet disgnosed kidney disease and prescribed a diet and medication. We got a second opinion from our other vet, who also ran a urine test and it confirmed the kidney disease. But also it's important to know that the BUN levels can fluctuate due to factors such as stress, not drinking enough, or even eating before the blood test is done.

So a second opinion is always good. Creatinine is one of the big factors they look at to diagnose kidney disease. Sadie started out at 1.5 Creatinine, and was up to 2.3 by May. So her kidney disease is progressing, but she remains strong and still has a great appetite. We get her blood tested again on Thursday. At her last blood test, her phosphorus level was still within normal limits. Once that starts riding she would start showing signs of illness, vomiting, loss of appetite and weight.

Right now the only signs I notice are drinking a lot, and her urine is a clear color since it's not very concentrated.

Hello @Evenstar606
    I am sorry to hear that your cockatoo has kidney disease :( It is good that at the moment she is enduring through the disease as best as can be expected. I send hugs to you as you care for her and keep watch on her condition <3
  • Options
    Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member

Hello @Evenstar606
    I am sorry to hear that your cockatoo has kidney disease :( It is good that at the moment she is enduring through the disease as best as can be expected. I send hugs to you as you care for her and keep watch on her condition <3

Thank you, Rosemow. We are hoping she will be with us for as long as she can be! She is our rescue dog, we adopted her from the humane society in 2011.
  • Options
    fewlines wrote: »
    hey @samemie, i didn't read your original post, just the edit saying "nevermind". but that worried me for some reason, even if i don't know you. i just want to say... i don't know. just... many hugs and good vibes for you. and if you ever want to talk to a stranger, you can message me. anytime.

@fewlines That is so sweet, thank you. It's just one of those things I think I'm going to have to put up with in this life, not wanting it xD Same to you though, if you ever need anything let me know. You have a kind beautiful soul. <3

(You too, @rosemow ! You both have beautiful souls!)
  • Options
    @rosemow Thank you! I am okay right now though, it's just one of those things that's always on my mind but is usually not something I consider a valid option. Friday was just a bad day, I had barely slept too which probably didn't help. But I'm okay right now.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    @samemie, i want to/wish i could say it gets easier (i often talk about this with a friend) but... you're right, it is something one has to find the best way to deal with. (and thank you.)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top