Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

• Options
    KismetRoseKismetRose Posts: 302 Member
    @rosemow I took my pup to the vet this morning and they put her on antibiotics and pain medicine. They had to put a stitch in one of the pads on her paw and tomorrow she'll have to be sedated to pull two teeth. What I thought was a ripped up lip was just the gum being swollen due to the damage on her teeth. While I should be stressed out by the surgery she has to have on her teeth tomorrow, I am just so relieved that she is on medicine now and is not in pain.

@Kurotard I'm so sorry you're going through this. I can't imagine how difficult it must be. You said that it seems like he is going to break up. Perhaps there is some way to sit down and discuss this, and make a plan on how to work this out? Or at least try to? A friend of mine went through something similar and they decided to go to couple counseling. It seems to have helped and they are still together today.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,660 Member
    KismetRose wrote: »
    @rosemow I took my pup to the vet this morning and they put her on antibiotics and pain medicine. They had to put a stitch in one of the pads on her paw and tomorrow she'll have to be sedated to pull two teeth. What I thought was a ripped up lip was just the gum being swollen due to the damage on her teeth. While I should be stressed out by the surgery she has to have on her teeth tomorrow, I am just so relieved that she is on medicine now and is not in pain.

Hello @KismetRose
    It was good that your pup was able to see the vet this morning. The anti biotics will help infections and it is good that she is now having medicine to relieve the pain. I am sorry that her teeth have been damaged, I hope that her surgery goes smoothly tommorow and the healing recovery from her injuries progresses well.
    Thankyou for letting us know how your pup is and how the visit to the Vet went . Sending a hug to you as you care for your pup. <3
  • Options
    fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    good luck + hugs, @KismetRose and @Kurotard.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,800 Member
    Hey, it's been awhile since I checked in over here. I have an UPDATE on our circumstances. In a very long twisted and tortured scenario, my hubby has just been hired back by the company that laid him off in mid-May. He starts Monday. They reinstated him (since they feel badly at how he was treated) at the full five-week vacation he was earning and for more pay. The payday will switch to twice a month over every other week, but that's okay. We've been there and done that in the past, too. I'm just so very happy. God just opened up that window we prayed for. Yay! And, since he essentially did a consult job for the competition and the paycheck is due this next week, hubby suggests I can have a new laptop. Mind you, I didn't ask, he offered. I would be very, VERY happy to remove everything but my game from this gaming rig.

@KismetRose I'm so glad your dog had been treated and is out of pain. Hopefully, she'll do just fine losing her teeth. Just in case something like this should (God forbid) happen again, there are pain-killers you can get at a Pet Store to have on hand. It's like doggie aspirin or something. I only know this because my oldest son once worked at a pet store.

@Kurotard Perhaps, as was suggested, getting some couples' counseling will help. It could also be your boyfriend is starting to feel the weight of his paternal responsibilities. Instead of guessing that he might be about to break up with you, have a good, long heart-to-heart with him. Find out where his head and his heart are. He could just be a tad overwhelmed. I left my hubby for about two hours when I was pregnant with our second child. He seemed distant, disengaged. I felt guilty because I'd pushed for the second child. It was my now late mother, who put things back in perspective for me. I hated the fact she seemed to be taking his side, but, as usual, she was right. We just celebrated 43 years. Oh, and we had a third child, too. Good luck!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Hey, it's been awhile since I checked in over here. I have an UPDATE on our circumstances. In a very long twisted and tortured scenario, my hubby has just been hired back by the company that laid him off in mid-May. He starts Monday. They reinstated him (since they feel badly at how he was treated) at the full five-week vacation he was earning and for more pay. The payday will switch to twice a month over every other week, but that's okay. We've been there and done that in the past, too. I'm just so very happy. God just opened up that window we prayed for. Yay! And, since he essentially did a consult job for the competition and the paycheck is due this next week, hubby suggests I can have a new laptop. Mind you, I didn't ask, he offered. I would be very, VERY happy to remove everything but my game from this gaming rig.

@KismetRose I'm so glad your dog had been treated and is out of pain. Hopefully, she'll do just fine losing her teeth. Just in case something like this should (God forbid) happen again, there are pain-killers you can get at a Pet Store to have on hand. It's like doggie aspirin or something. I only know this because my oldest son once worked at a pet store.

@Kurotard Perhaps, as was suggested, getting some couples' counseling will help. It could also be your boyfriend is starting to feel the weight of his paternal responsibilities. Instead of guessing that he might be about to break up with you, have a good, long heart-to-heart with him. Find out where his head and his heart are. He could just be a tad overwhelmed. I left my hubby for about two hours when I was pregnant with our second child. He seemed distant, disengaged. I felt guilty because I'd pushed for the second child. It was my now late mother, who put things back in perspective for me. I hated the fact she seemed to be taking his side, but, as usual, she was right. We just celebrated 43 years. Oh, and we had a third child, too. Good luck!

Hello @GalacticGal
    It is great to hear that the company that your husband worked for has rehired him! That is such great news! :) It would be a great relief for you both to know that he can return to his job and not try seeking other work. He is also very skilled and has experience in the work, so brings that back to his job .
    It is great that you will be getting a new laptop! You will enjoy doing your writing on it, as well as simming. Your husband sounds a caring and thoughtful man, and it is a very kind gesture that he suggested that the consulting work money could be used to purchase a new laptop for you to enjoy using.
    Thankyou for updating us on your situation :)
  • Options
    KismetRoseKismetRose Posts: 302 Member
    @GalacticGal Thank you! She is doing really well. She was out of it after she woke up and didn't have much of an appetite. She's happier today thankfully. I have to carry her onto grass and she can't walk on pavement for two weeks due to the stitches in her paw, but she's wagging her tail when we go out =) The vet gave her pain medicine and antibiotics.. what I didn't know until I picked her up is that he prescribed her anxiety medications to take whenever I have to leave for some hours. She's never home alone for more than 4 hours but he wants to make sure it won't happen again. I had no idea that there's pain medicine over counter. I have two dogs and I think I'll pick up some to keep around the house should anything happen to them late at night before I can find a vet! Thank you so much for the tip <3
  • Options
    I am glad that your dog is doing well now and is happier than when she first was recovering from the surgery @KismetRose :) It is good that she now has anxiety medication to help her with her health when she will be alone,
    It is special that you are caringly looking after her as she continues to recover from her injuries <3
  • Options
    very happy for you, @GalacticGal! and @KismetRose, i'm so glad to hear your dog is doing better. :)
  • Options
    samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    edited July 2017
    Deleted - I regret saying anything nevermind
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,436 Member
    @GalacticGal
    I know how it feels to be laid off and I'm very glad for you that the situation has ended so happily!! When it happened to me 3 years ago I had to move to another town for my new job, leaving my whole social life behind. That said, I would rather buy a desktop PC if you want to have fun with your Sims :) .
  • Options
    @samemie, are you alright? *hug*
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,774 Member
    Mom and I were in Toronto yesterday to see a Royal Ontario Museum exhibit in the afternoon-have supper and go to a show. It started pouring around the time we were waiting for a streetcar to go to Osgood area and there were so many people there, that it must have been some time since one came. But several streetcars were going past (used bookstore) area going in that direction that we ended up walking (in semi-rain) to the next streetcar stop and getting on Streetcar 1 having to get onto a different streetcar.. at least we barley made it to the play since no one had been seated yet (or I don't think) when we got there. Thats one of my angry complaints today

Related to the above Mom and I have something called Presto cards they're like UK's Oyster Cards but at the moment they only work at GO stations (ie commuter train stations) and out where I am which is called the GTA (Greater Toronto Area)-we use them on the bus to get into Toronto and now we also use them to get back home as well. But with GO train we have to tap the card twice tap once on a machine when we're going to a platform to board a train and then having to tap again once we get near a machine after exiting a train/platform. Well we done it twice before with no problem but last night (er early this morning? It was after midnight) Mom INSISTED on reading the sign that's above the machine which explains what you have to do. When I just told her (since I was tired and cranky)-just to hurry up and tap her card she told me "Remind me never to travel wine something blank". It just she hadn't had a problem before and I have read the similar sign EVERY time that I walk through the GO station if i'm coming home from the gym on foot. The sign says that when you get off you have to tap one of the machines because when you tap at the starting point it doesn't take money "off" of the card until you tap it again at you stopping point.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Mom and I were in Toronto yesterday to see a Royal Ontario Museum exhibit in the afternoon-have supper and go to a show. It started pouring around the time we were waiting for a streetcar to go to Osgood area and there were so many people there, that it must have been some time since one came. But several streetcars were going past (used bookstore) area going in that direction that we ended up walking (in semi-rain) to the next streetcar stop and getting on Streetcar 1 having to get onto a different streetcar.. at least we barley made it to the play since no one had been seated yet (or I don't think) when we got there. Thats one of my angry complaints today

Related to the above Mom and I have something called Presto cards they're like UK's Oyster Cards but at the moment they only work at GO stations (ie commuter train stations) and out where I am which is called the GTA (Greater Toronto Area)-we use them on the bus to get into Toronto and now we also use them to get back home as well. But with GO train we have to tap the card twice tap once on a machine when we're going to a platform to board a train and then having to tap again once we get near a machine after exiting a train/platform. Well we done it twice before with no problem but last night (er early this morning? It was after midnight) Mom INSISTED on reading the sign that's above the machine which explains what you have to do. When I just told her (since I was tired and cranky)-just to hurry up and tap her card she told me "Remind me never to travel wine something blank". It just she hadn't had a problem before and I have read the similar sign EVERY time that I walk through the GO station if i'm coming home from the gym on foot. The sign says that when you get off you have to tap one of the machines because when you tap at the starting point it doesn't take money "off" of the card until you tap it again at you stopping point.

Hello
    I am sorry that you and your mother got caught in the rain today :( It was not good that the streetcars passed you by, as you were waiting for them to stop so that you could board them. It would have frustrated and annoyed you, as you were getting wet and knew that you needed to get to the Show by a certain time, It was good that you evenrtually made it to the Show in time.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    I am sorry that you and your mother got caught in the rain today :( It was not good that the streetcars passed you by, as you were waiting for them to stop so that you could board them. It would have frustrated and annoyed you, as you were getting wet and knew that you needed to get to the Show by a certain time, It was good that you evenrtually made it to the Show in time.

actually the event was all yesterday (July the 7th) today's the 8th
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    My dad was out helping a friend's Sister-in-law. Before he got home I was out walking our dog. I didn't have a key or a phone so when I was done the 2nd time around the block I discovered Dad had locked me out which ticked me off a lot. Next time he's at (friend's SILs place) I will make sure I put the note saying "name out for walk don't lock door". Because it's annoying as heck being locked out without any key or anyway of calling inside. I had to pound on the door until Mom opened it. Dad needs to start LOOKING to see if people are the bacon hell at home and not automatically locking the non-screen storm door.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @MadameLee, you mean you had left your key at home? this happened to me once, and i had to sit outside my building and wait for my sister to return. not fun.
  • Options
    My dad was out helping a friend's Sister-in-law. Before he got home I was out walking our dog. I didn't have a key or a phone so when I was done the 2nd time around the block I discovered Dad had locked me out which ticked me off a lot. Next time he's at (friend's SILs place) I will make sure I put the note saying "name out for walk don't lock door". Because it's annoying as heck being locked out without any key or anyway of calling inside. I had to pound on the door until Mom opened it. Dad needs to start LOOKING to see if people are the bacon plum at home and not automatically locking the non-screen storm door.

Hello
    Your Dad would have been unaware that you weren't home when he arrived home himself, and so automatically closed and locked the door. I am sorry to hear that you were locked out on your return from the walk. It has annoyed you that you couldn't enter your home.
  • Options
    fewlines wrote: »
    @MadameLee, you mean you had left your key at home? this happened to me once, and i had to sit outside my building and wait for my sister to return. not fun.

well considering mom was at home and the only people out was Dad (besides me going to walk the dog). I normally only take my key with me if I'm going a distance away ie gym or my day-program or to bowling during the Sept-April. We also didn't know when to expect Dad to be home from (Friend's sister-in-law). So I didn't think there would be a huge chance of the fact I would be locked out. I can just be gratefull that Dad didn't deadbolt the screen/storm door since I would have no way of pounding on IT.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,800 Member
    @GalacticGal
    I know how it feels to be laid off and I'm very glad for you that the situation has ended so happily!! When it happened to me 3 years ago I had to move to another town for my new job, leaving my whole social life behind. That said, I would rather buy a desktop PC if you want to have fun with your Sims :) .

I already have a gaming rig PC upon which I play my Sims and from which I'm writing this post, now. The laptop would be needed, simply because I have no room for a second PC, and I can move my writing, genealogy, etc. to the laptop, leaving my gaming rig for Simming. Which is what I thought was going to happen originally when we purchased it. Oh, well, it's only been coming up three years. This computer still has plenty of life in it. I had my Dell gaming rig for nine years. Oh, we upgraded a tad along the way. At any rate, I love this iBuypower rig.
    Not only that, but whenever I accompany my hubby on his business trips, or when we take a an on location genealogical trip, I'll have my FTM program right there and easily portable. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member
    Thank you, @rosemow I don't post here often. But I have it bookmarked and it always makes me happy that you are there to offer support and advice to those who do post here.
    unknown.png
  • Options
    Thank you, @rosemow I don't post here often. But I have it bookmarked and it always makes me happy that you are there to offer support and advice to those who do post here.

Hello @Zinniavanilla
    Thankyou very much for your kind and thoughtful words <3
  • Options
    i see what you mean, @MadameLee. good thing your mother was there to let you in.
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    I hope you're all having a great day today, if not *hugs* to you.
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top