Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

• Options
    fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    @samemie, i hope you find her soon. take care.
  • Options
    samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    Thank you @fewlines and @rosemow . She's been found, when I tried ringing her (for like the tenth time) at around 11 a nurse answered and told me she was in A+E, but I'm really anxious with talking on the phone and don't have the best hearing anyway so I couldn't get much more than that. I'm hoping she's only there as a precaution but I really don't know. At least we know where she is now anyway I guess.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,735 Member
    samemie wrote: »
    Thank you @fewlines and @rosemow . She's been found, when I tried ringing her (for like the tenth time) at around 11 a nurse answered and told me she was in A+E, but I'm really anxious with talking on the phone and don't have the best hearing anyway so I couldn't get much more than that. I'm hoping she's only there as a precaution but I really don't know. At least we know where she is now anyway I guess.

Hello @samemie
    It is great that she has been found <3 It is good that she is now under the care of the medical staff who can check her over and give her the support and help that she needs. I hope that you will soon be able to find out more how she is. It has been a very worrying and upsetting time for you. You would feel tired from the anxiousness. Please look after yourself, because you are very precious and special. I send hugs to you <3

• Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @samemie
    It is great that she has been found <3 It is good that she is now under the care of the medical staff who can check her over and give her the support and help that she needs. I hope that you will soon be able to find out more how she is. It has been a very worrying and upsetting time for you. You would feel tired from the anxiousness. Please look after yourself, because you are very precious and special. I send hugs to you <3

Yeah, I just really want to know what's going on. I decided not to go see her and came home instead because I figured her mum would want to be alone with her and I would just get in the way, and that's why I'm trying to hold off texting either of them because I don't want to be an annoyance when I'm sure her mum is 1000% more stressed out than I am right now and besides, neither of them need the hassle of replying to me right now. And of course because I have no idea why she is/was in A+E, I don't know if they just took her in for a mental health assessment or if they took her in because she seriously hurt herself or what. I know telling you this won't make a difference I just hate sitting here doing nothing and knowing nothing. My other fear is that she's going to get sectioned again, last time that happened she relapsed into anorexia and that is one ordeal nobody needs to go through again, especially not her.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Ugh and now my card's been frozen, great. The same day my money finally came through too. I bought vodka and sims packs, what the heck is uncharacteristic about that bank?!?!

edit: This is the second time my card's been frozen and both times an Origin sale has been to blame -_-
  • Options

Hello @samemie

Yeah, I just really want to know what's going on. I decided not to go see her and came home instead because I figured her mum would want to be alone with her and I would just get in the way, and that's why I'm trying to hold off texting either of them because I don't want to be an annoyance when I'm sure her mum is 1000% more stressed out than I am right now and besides, neither of them need the hassle of replying to me right now. And of course because I have no idea why she is/was in A+E, I don't know if they just took her in for a mental health assessment or if they took her in because she seriously hurt herself or what. I know telling you this won't make a difference I just hate sitting here doing nothing and knowing nothing. My other fear is that she's going to get sectioned again, last time that happened she relapsed into anorexia and that is one ordeal nobody needs to go through again, especially not her.

Hello @samemie
    I send hugs to you <3 You are very welcome to post here any time about how you are feeling. You are understandably feeling anxious because you are uncertain about how your friend is,and what led her to now be in hospital. To help to ease your mind, it may be best to be in touch now with her mother. She would understand that you care about your friend and want to know how she is feeling and about her current condition.
    I am sorry that your card has been frozen :( I hope that you can soon sort the issue out, and get it unfrozen.
  • Options
    p33yourpantsp33yourpants Posts: 1 New Member
    hey EA? why aren't my polyamorous sims here yet? please pee your pants?
  • Options

Hello @samemie

Hello @samemie
    I send hugs to you <3 You are very welcome to post here any time about how you are feeling. You are understandably feeling anxious because you are uncertain about how your friend is,and what led her to now be in hospital. To help to ease your mind, it may be best to be in touch now with her mother. She would understand that you care about your friend and want to know how she is feeling and about her current condition.
    I am sorry that your card has been frozen :( I hope that you can soon sort the issue out, and get it unfrozen.

Thank you @rosemow . I sent a text to my friend but I might get in touch with her mum if I don't hear from her in a couple days. I'd like to think her mum would let me know if anything awful happened anyway so I'm kind of trying to think like 'no news is good news'.

Oh, and my mum helped me sort my card out quickly so that's all fine, was just a minor annoyance at the end of a plum day that's all.
  • Options

Hello @samemie

Hello @samemie

Thank you @rosemow . I sent a text to my friend but I might get in touch with her mum if I don't hear from her in a couple days. I'd like to think her mum would let me know if anything awful happened anyway so I'm kind of trying to think like 'no news is good news'.

Oh, and my mum helped me sort my card out quickly so that's all fine, was just a minor annoyance at the end of a plum day that's all.

Her mother would be touch with you if there was awful news. Your friend may just need a little time now to work through all that has occurred over the last days, and then will be in touch with you again.
    It is good that your card issue has been fixed now.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Hello @samemie

Hello @samemie

Her mother would be touch with you if there was awful news. Your friend may just need a little time now to work through all that has occurred over the last days, and then will be in touch with you again.
    It is good that your card issue has been fixed now.

You're probably right, I know when I went missing and came home it was overwhelming having everyone hounding me for answers and all I wanted was peace and to be left alone for a while so I'm hoping she feels the same and I'm trying to remember how I felt so I can treat her how I wanted to be treated then. I'll drop her a text daily just to keep myself open to her and like I said before I might check in with her mum in a couple days if I've not heard anything before just to find out where she is (like if she's home, still in hospital etc). Thanks again @rosemow and everyone else for letting me vent and everything.
  • Options
    She's run away again
  • Options
    I'm going to shutup about it now because I know there's nothing you guys can do but yeah
  • Options
  • Options
    She's run away again

I am so sorry to hear that :( Had she returned home or did she leave the hospital on her own?

She was in hospital and I think she was either sectioned or about to be and she texted me saying that they can't section her if she takes her life first. I texted her mum more or less immediately and she seems to have been there at the hospital with her and told me she walked out. My friend has now stopped replying to my texts again, I'm just hoping they find her quickly. But then I don't know where to go from there anyway. Even if/when they section her she's still more or less free to walk out - she's not supposed to but the NHS is so underfunded and understaffed there's not usually anyone there to stop her. She's been sectioned before and even then she would run away frequently. I just don't know what to do to make sure she's safe, sometimes I feel like she never will be. It feels really horrible to say but sometimes I feel like forcing her to stay alive is just prolonging the inevitable as I know when they find her she'll end up doing something similar in a few months again.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    She's run away again

I am so sorry to hear that :( Had she returned home or did she leave the hospital on her own?

She was in hospital and I think she was either sectioned or about to be and she texted me saying that they can't section her if she takes her life first. I texted her mum more or less immediately and she seems to have been there at the hospital with her and told me she walked out. My friend has now stopped replying to my texts again, I'm just hoping they find her quickly. But then I don't know where to go from there anyway. Even if/when they section her she's still more or less free to walk out - she's not supposed to but the NHS is so underfunded and understaffed there's not usually anyone there to stop her. She's been sectioned before and even then she would run away frequently. I just don't know what to do to make sure she's safe, sometimes I feel like she never will be. It feels really horrible to say but sometimes I feel like forcing her to stay alive is just prolonging the inevitable as I know when they find her she'll end up doing something similar in a few months again.

I hope that she is found very soon. Try keeping on texting her, even if she doesn't reply, She would still be reading your texts.
    I hope that she can be located quickly and can receive the medical treatment that she very urgently needs. I really hope that she can get the help that she needs. Life is very precious. People can turn their lives around when they receive the needed help, suport and treatment. It is not easy when she is feeling as she does. But the important battles in life are never easy. She and her life are worth fighting for.
  • Options
    She's run away again

I hope that she is found very soon. Try keeping on texting her, even if she doesn't reply, She would still be reading your texts.
    I hope that she can be located quickly and can receive the medical treatment that she very urgently needs. I really hope that she can get the help that she needs. Life is very precious. People can turn their lives around when they receive the needed help, suport and treatment. It is not easy when she is feeling as she does. But the important battles in life are never easy. She and her life are worth fighting for.

Of course she's worth fighting for, I never meant what I said to mean any differently. I love her to pieces and I'll always fight for her. I just meant that she's already recieving a lot of help, she lives in supported accommodation for mentally ill people and she's in a pretty intensive therapy programme too. There's not really anything else they can give her to my knowledge and sometimes it feels like she's fighting a losing battle, a lot of the time it feels like I'm waiting on a miracle for her to just suddenly wake up okay one day but obviously that's unrealistic.
  • Options
    She's run away again

Of course she's worth fighting for, I never meant what I said to mean any differently. I love her to pieces and I'll always fight for her. I just meant that she's already recieving a lot of help, she lives in supported accommodation for mentally ill people and she's in a pretty intensive therapy programme too. There's not really anything else they can give her to my knowledge and sometimes it feels like she's fighting a losing battle, a lot of the time it feels like I'm waiting on a miracle for her to just suddenly wake up okay one day but obviously that's unrealistic.

I know that you will always fight for her. What I meant was she herself needs to come to realise that she herself is worth fighting for. What I wrote was about her, and her own fighting battles, not about you. You are a very caring, kind and loving friend to her.
  • Options
    She's run away again

I know that you will always fight for her. What I meant was she herself needs to come to realise that she herself is worth fighting for. What I wrote was about her, and her own fighting battles, not about you. You are a very caring, kind and loving friend to her.

True that she needs to realise it herself. I know that deep down it's just frustrating when I don't see that happening any time soon. I know there's not really anything anyone else can do I just so badly wish there was. Honestly I think I could have been a better friend to her, this last month we haven't spoken that much and the last couple times I saw her I was pretty short tempered with her. Not that that's important right now I guess as there's nothing I can do about it now and I'm not going to dwell on it I just don't feel comfortable accepting that massive compliment when I don't think I really earned it haha.
  • Options
    Anyway I know there's nothing I can do now anyway, it's nearly 10pm so I'm unlikely to be able to get a bus into the city let alone back again. Think I'll just text her mum in a couple hours and see if there's any news and then maybe I'll try and sleep? Idk. Thanks for everything @rosemow
  • Options
    Anyway I know there's nothing I can do now anyway, it's nearly 10pm so I'm unlikely to be able to get a bus into the city let alone back again. Think I'll just text her mum in a couple hours and see if there's any news and then maybe I'll try and sleep? Idk. Thanks for everything @rosemow

Try to get some sleep. You need to get some rest and sleep for your own health. It has been been a very upsetting and anxious last few days for you, I send hugs to you <3
  • Options
    ZakzebrahZakzebrah Posts: 41 Member
    My dad died a month before I was born and I was supposed to be born in December, but due to the stress my mom was in I was born in September. I spent a lot of my life in hospitals for check-ups and it sucks. My mom had gotten married when I was 5 and I felt normal during then. Due to circumstances 2 years ago they had gotten a divorce. I play the sims to live out the dream life I want. It's a way of coping for me. In my game my family lives in a house that I made that looks like my old one and my family is still together. My brother says it's weird, but I love it.
  • Options
    Zakzebrah wrote: »
    My dad died a month before I was born and I was supposed to be born in December, but due to the stress my mom was in I was born in September. I spent a lot of my life in hospitals for check-ups and it plum. My mom had gotten married when I was 5 and I felt normal during then. Due to circumstances 2 years ago they had gotten a divorce. I play the sims to live out the dream life I want. It's a way of coping for me. In my game my family lives in a house that I made that looks like my old one and my family is still together. My brother says it's weird, but I love it.

@Zakzebrah I'm really sorry about your dad. But what you said about using sims to cope, that's not weird at all. Honestly it's a way healthier coping mechanism than a lot of things so if it helps you who cares what anyone else says right? :)
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Zakzebrah wrote: »
    My dad died a month before I was born and I was supposed to be born in December, but due to the stress my mom was in I was born in September. I spent a lot of my life in hospitals for check-ups and it plum. My mom had gotten married when I was 5 and I felt normal during then. Due to circumstances 2 years ago they had gotten a divorce. I play the sims to live out the dream life I want. It's a way of coping for me. In my game my family lives in a house that I made that looks like my old one and my family is still together. My brother says it's weird, but I love it.

Hello @Zakzebrah
    I am sorry to hear that your Dad passed away before you were born. It would have been a very stressful time for your mother, and your very premature birth would have been quite worrying for her, with the fragile health condition that you would have been in, being born so early. I am sorry that you have needed to spend a lot of time in hospital having check ups due to your premature birth. I send hugs to you <3
    It is special that you use the Sims as a way of living your dream life and coping with your life situation. It would be very beneficial and helpful for you. It is not weird at all. Simming can help us to cope with all that our real life is holding.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    @samemie, i don't know what to say. you must be so worried and sad right now. *many hugs* and do take care of yourself.

@Zakzebrah, i am sorry about your father and your health issues throughout your life. as for playing out your dream life on the Sims, it's not weird. at all. i agree with the comments above saying that it's a v. good coping mechanism. whatever works, right? real life can be bloody stressful and sad, so why not escape somewhere in our heads, into a game, storytelling, whatever. a massive hug to you, too.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    btw, mates... i had this idea, perhaps you'll think it silly but i'll say it anyway. how about we make a list (with those who want to opt in, of course) of our Origin IDs or some other chat programme or whatever, so we can chat if/whenever we need to?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top