Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

• Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    Well I didn't get laid off, but one of my co-workers has been laid off. No reason, not explanation. Apparently that's just how that goes. I don't get how the system can say we're going to boost morale when everyone has a constant thought about being cut from their job. That doesn't boost morale: That's scares the magikarps out of everyone! And if they do cut enough, then it's probably gonna lead to campus closures. Ugh! I just want this nightmare to be over!!
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Well I didn't get laid off, but one of my co-workers has been laid off. No reason, not explanation. Apparently that's just how that goes. I don't get how the system can say we're going to boost morale when everyone has a constant thought about being cut from their job. That doesn't boost morale: That's scares the magikarps out of everyone! And if they do cut enough, then it's probably gonna lead to campus closures. Ugh! I just want this nightmare to be over!!

Hello @LosaruTaiyo
    I am sorry to hear that one of your co-workers has lost their job. It would cause you and your fellow workers concern and fear for what the future may hold, and your own job security. I send hugs to you <3 It is very hard but try taking each week at a time. Perhaps keep your eyes open for other career jobs that are similar to what you are now doing, so that if the situation worsens and you do lose your job, you will be prepared for seeking alternative work somewhere else.
    It is not a nice situation that you are working in, where the future seems a bit cloudy and you don't feel secure in your job. Try to just take things day by day, week by week, and try to look after yourself physically and mentally to help you cope with this stresssful time. Try getting sleep to renew your body to face each day. Make time to do things that you enjoy doing, to help you mentally.
    I send another hug to you <3
  • Options
    Thanks rosemow. There is one I'm keeping an eye out for but it hasn't been posted yet.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• Options
    Minx11Minx11 Posts: 1,386 Member
    edited May 2017
    It's Been A CRAZY Week:
    Been In A Performance Of "Hairspray" In My Local Theatre, Two Nights Left, But Remember That Guy I Liked? Well, He Had A Girlfriend And They Broke Up Because He Liked Someone Else. Now, Onstage, We Were Both There (Guy I Like And Me), He Turned To Me, And Flicked His Eyebrows Up At Me! Later, In The Dressing Room, He And His Ex Were Talking, He Said He Didn't Love Her Anymore, He Liked Someone Else, And Another Guy In The Dressing Room Said "Is It *Insert My Name Here*? The Guy Left Without Answering, But He Smiled At Me Later Onstage. I Also Have My Maths Exam Today, But I Can't Think Straight. I Feel Sick From All These Butterflies, I Don't Know What's Going On, But It FREAKS. ME. OUT.
    My Rant Is Done.
  • Options
    Minx11 wrote: »
    It's Been A CRAZY Week:
    Been In A Performance Of "Hairspray" In My Local Theatre, Two Nights Left, But Remember That Guy I Liked? Well, He Had A Girlfriend And They Broke Up Because He Liked Someone Else. Now, Onstage, We Were Both There (Guy I Like And Me), He Turned To Me, And Flicked His Eyebrows Up At Me! Later, In The Dressing Room, He And His Ex Were Talking, He Said He Didn't Love Her Anymore, He Liked Someone Else, And Another Guy In The Dressing Room Said "Is It *Insert My Name Here*? The Guy Left Without Answering, But He Smiled At Me Later Onstage. I Also Have My Maths Exam Today, But I Can't Think Straight. I Feel Sick From All These Butterflies, I Don't Know What's Going On, But It FREAKS. ME. OUT.
    My Rant Is Done.

Hello @Minx11
    Try to focus on your Maths exam at the moment, so that you can get the best results for your studies. It will also ease your nerves inside, ad calm you. You have a lot of emotions and mxed feelings at the moment. Try to take a few deep breaths, and take each day as it comes. Try to see what happens with your relationship with him as the days go by.It may help to start a conversation with him, and go from there.
    I hope that your exam goes smoothly today. :)
  • Options
    Linds_the_kittyLinds_the_kitty Posts: 565 Member
    edited May 2017
    Hey. I originally thought this over and decided not to share it, but since I just woke up, I thought I'd share.

Edit: Now that I think this over again, I think it's best not to get into intense topics via the Rules. Just to be on the safe side.
    But basically, I just woke up from an intensely bad nightmare. I'm really scared... But I didn't wake up the moment the nightmare got worse. I really want to forget, but this is one of those nightmares that scar you pretty badly but you can't forget it.. I guess I've been watching too much Criminal Minds haha. I haven't watched it in 2 months, but it still scars me, the events that happen on the show.
  • Options
    Things still aren't the best. We have 3 laid off now for no real reason. Worse yet, we were lied to! We were told there were no cuts!

Hah. I may be doing some protests off hours, depending on what the staff want to do. On a brighter note, I got some more sims stuff, one that I might sell as it's sims 2 in thai. I don't speak thai...lol.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• Options
    edited May 2017
    It's Been A CRAZY Week:
    My Rant Is Done.

Hi @Minx11 .

I guess I haven't been on the forums in quite a while to know who your "crush" is. But dang, girl. Good for you! Hopefully he's interested in you (and hopefully he meant that it was you who he loved)! I think even from reading this, there's already enough signs that good things will happen for you with him; from the way you say that he broke up with his ex for someone else (which could be you ;) ), flicking his eyebrows (sure sign that he likes you), said it *publicly* in the dressing room with his ex that he didn't love her anymore (when they could've just talked to each other someplace else privately but didn't), AND didn't answer that guy's question without smiling at you? Girl. Am I not wrong?

Try to focus on what you really need to do; your Maths exam lol. I know it may be hard to focus since something wonderful happened to you, but try to drink lots of water (if they allow you to or you can just head straight to the water fountain before starting; or just take a quick sip and go to your backpack) and take deep breaths and try not to think about the experience too much. From what you said, you probably already took the Exam, but if you have to continue it another day, hopefully you take my advice. I KNOW how it feels to be in your shoes, especially after witnessing something exciting like that! It can be hard to calm down, but if he gives you more signs, then you'll know. ;) Right now, just take your mind elsewhere and focus really hard since it's "Exams" month for everyone. Best of luck!
  • Options
    It's Been A CRAZY Week:
    My Rant Is Done.

Hi @Minx11 .

I guess I haven't been on the forums in quite a while to know who your "crush" is. But dang, girl. Good for you! Hopefully he's interested in you (and hopefully he meant that it was you who he loved)! I think even from reading this, there's already enough signs that good things will happen for you with him; from the way you say that he broke up with his ex for someone else (which could be you ;) ), flicking his eyebrows (sure sign that he likes you), said it *publicly* in the dressing room with his ex that he didn't love her anymore (when they could've just talked to each other someplace else privately but didn't), AND didn't answer that guy's question without smiling at you? Girl. Am I not wrong?

Try to focus on what you really need to do; your Maths exam lol. I know it may be hard to focus since something wonderful happened to you, but try to drink lots of water (if they allow you to or you can just head straight to the water fountain before starting; or just take a quick sip and go to your backpack) and take deep breaths and try not to think about the experience too much. From what you said, you probably already took the Exam, but if you have to continue it another day, hopefully you take my advice. I KNOW how it feels to be in your shoes, especially after witnessing something exciting like that! It can be hard to calm down, but if he gives you more signs, then you'll know. ;) Right now, just take your mind elsewhere and focus really hard since it's "Exams" month for everyone. Best of luck!

Exam Done! Went Terribly!
  • Options
    edited May 2017

Oh no! :persevere: Hopefully you get a good grade! It may feel like it went horribly (that's how I feel like after every exam), but just feel relived and accomplished that you got over that, it's super stressful during a time like this. But there's always a good outcome. Sure, if the grade might not end up being the way you want it, well, just know that you tried your hardest and you did well. o:) If you got any other exams going on, focus!
  • Options

Oh no! :persevere: Hopefully you get a good grade! It may feel like it went horribly (that's how I feel like after every exam), but just feel relived and accomplished that you got over that, it's super stressful during a time like this. But there's always a good outcome. Sure, if the grade might not end up being the way you want it, well, just know that you tried your hardest and you did well. o:) If you got any other exams going on, focus!

I Have 4 Exams Left! 10th, 12th, 30th Of May And 1st Of June.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    @Minx11
    Well then, I wish you the best of luck with those exams! Tackle them on like it's just another exam, work hard, and do your best.
  • Options
    @Minx11
    Well then, I wish you the best of luck with those exams! Tackle them on like it's just another exam, work hard, and do your best.

I Can Handle Graphics, Art And Drama. English I'm Not Looking Forward To XD
  • Options
    Hey. I originally thought this over and decided not to share it, but since I just woke up, I thought I'd share.

Edit: Now that I think this over again, I think it's best not to get into intense topics via the Rules. Just to be on the safe side.
    But basically, I just woke up from an intensely bad nightmare. I'm really scared... But I didn't wake up the moment the nightmare got worse. I really want to forget, but this is one of those nightmares that scar you pretty badly but you can't forget it.. I guess I've been watching too much Criminal Minds haha. I haven't watched it in 2 months, but it still scars me, the events that happen on the show.

Hello @Linds_the_kitty
    I am sorry to hear that you had the bad nightmare :( I send hugs to you <3 It is not nice when that happens. Sometimes nightmares can seem very vivid. Try to focus your mind on other things now, and the memory of the nightmare will start to fade away.
  • Options
    Things still aren't the best. We have 3 laid off now for no real reason. Worse yet, we were lied to! We were told there were no cuts!

Hah. I may be doing some protests off hours, depending on what the staff want to do. On a brighter note, I got some more sims stuff, one that I might sell as it's sims 2 in thai. I don't speak thai...lol.

Hello @LosaruTaiyo
    I am sorry to hear that there are now 3 of your co workers that have lost their jobs. It creates uncertainty and fear amongst everyone who works there, as to their job security. I send hugs to you <3 as you endure through this stressful time. I hope that any protests that you take part in may help the issues.
    It is great that you have got some more Sims items! :) Try doing some simming to try to,take your mind away from what is happeming in real life , for a little while.
  • Options

Hello @Minx
    I am sorry that your Maths exam didn't go so well :( You may find that you went better than you thought when you receive the results. When you are stressed and under pressure doing exams, sometimes we can feel that things haven't gone too good, but they do turn out better.
    I hope that your last 4 exams go as smoothly as possible. Sending a hug to you as you study, prepare for, and undertake the exams <3 Try to get sleep and eat meals beforehand, to help your mind and body to be in the best state when takiing the exams.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @Minx
    I am sorry that your Maths exam didn't go so well :( You may find that you went better than you thought when you receive the results. When you are stressed and under pressure doing exams, sometimes we can feel that things haven't gone too good, but they do turn out better.
    I hope that your last 4 exams go as smoothly as possible. Sending a hug to you as you study, prepare for, and undertake the exams <3 Try to get sleep and eat meals beforehand, to help your mind and body to be in the best state when takiing the exams.

I Don't Know How. My Crush And His Girlfriend Got Back Together.
  • Options

Oh dear god... I am so sorry. There's plenty of other fish in the sea, if that makes you feel any better.
  • Options

Hello @Minx

Hello @Minx
    It may be best just to take each day at a time. Try to bulld up a friendly relationship with him , just as a friend. Talk to him about just normal things when there is an opportunity to do that. Try seeing what eventuates over the next days, weeks and months. Keep preparing and studying for your exams so that you will go beneficially in the exams.
    I send a hug to you <3
  • Options

Oh dear god... I am so sorry. There's plenty of other fish in the sea, if that makes you feel any better.

I Liked Him So Much, And I Had One Chance And I Blew It.
  • Options

It's not your fault. Let me say it again, it's not your fault. Now that you know that he's back with his girlfriend, you can put him aside and move on. It's not the end of the world. I even had a really big crush on someone, just like you, but I just didn't see him being interested in me anymore and was interested in some other girl. I even learned that he was becoming more of a jerk, so I just decided to forget him and move on. I've had plenty of crushes here and there, moved on the next person, this and that... I think the most important thing you can do now is move on and focus on preparing for your next upcoming exams, since you don't have to worry about him anymore. Being in a relationship is not that all important in school, even in college. If a guy starts interest in you, good for you, but even if he breaks up with you, it's not the end of the world. It's just going to become another life lesson.
  • Options

Hello
    As I posted in the earlier post, try talking a day , week, month at a time. It would be special to have him as a friend. You didn't " blow it" There are different types of relationships, and friendships are very specisl. There will be other people who come into your life, and one of them may become your special partner in life.
  • Options

Hello @Minx

Hello @Minx
    It may be best just to take each day at a time. Try to bulld up a friendly relationship with him , just as a friend. Talk to him about just normal things when there is an opportunity to do that. Try seeing what eventuates over the next days, weeks and months. Keep preparing and studying for your exams so that you will go beneficially in the exams.
    I send a hug to you <3

I Have One Day! And I May Never See Him Again After This.
  • Options
    CupcakeViolenceCupcakeViolence Posts: 124 Member
    I live four hours from my boyfriend, I'm still in school. I was attempting to transfer to the school near his to finish my nursing degree. We were going to live together. Just waiting on my grades, I got two A (one I was expecting, the other I had to get 110% on my exam to get) and my final grade, the only one that matters came in a few hours ago. 58. (60 = Pass, less than? = fail) I had a 67. I needed to bomb the exam and apparently I did. My boyfriends trying to console me but I feel like I 🐸🐸🐸🐸 up my whole life and I have to wait until Monday to even talk to my teacher and there's no way I get to transfer now.
    Come check out my selection! Finding her Prince Charming

Or my blog
  • Options
    I live four hours from my boyfriend, I'm still in school. I was attempting to transfer to the school near his to finish my nursing degree. We were going to live together. Just waiting on my grades, I got two A (one I was expecting, the other I had to get 110% on my exam to get) and my final grade, the only one that matters came in a few hours ago. 58. (60 = Pass, less than? = fail) I had a 67. I needed to bomb the exam and apparently I did. My boyfriends trying to console me but I feel like I plum up my whole life and I have to wait until Monday to even talk to my teacher and there's no way I get to transfer now.

Hello @CupcakeViolence
    I am so sorry that you have received the results and they are not as you would like them to be :( I send big hugs to you <3
    You haven't ruined your life. This is is just a little unexpected hiccup on your journey through life. You are still a very special person who has so much value. Exam or grade results are needed for degrees, but they don't alter who you are as a person. To want to be a nurse and help people who are unwell, you would be a very caring person with compassion for those who have health issues. Grades don't affect that. It will be best to talk over your results with your teacher on Monday. There may be able to be a review of your exam results or you may be able to retake it. Your teacher will be able to advise you of the options. It is good that you have a caring supportive boyfriend. He will help you through whatever the future holds.
    I send another hug to you <3
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top