Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Bonnie wrote: »
    I love this thread, its really nice to find a place that actually cares for its community. It's even nicer to see a community that cares back. I put my heart out to all those having difficulties at the minute. Life can be a struggle but just remember that every step you take, no matter how small or big it is, gets you closer to your happy ending. Every step you take is a step toward something bigger, brighter and better.

I've recently been struggling myself. I've just moved to my partners home. It's such a lovely experience and he's an amazing man but I've left all my family and friends behind. He lives in the country side were there's nothing but trees and fields. The closest shop is a couple of miles walk away! While I'm enjoying it immensely and I'm really happy to be here with him (finally) I do miss everyone. It's very lonely up here. I haven't had much of a chance to make any friends as there's not a lot to do around here. If we fancy a night out we have to travel an hour or two to the next town! He works very long hours and I'm left on my own for long periods of time. My mental health is slipping slightly and I find myself having days were I feel horrible for no reason what so ever and I find it really difficult to talk to him about it. How are you supposed to explain how you feel when you're not sure exactly why you feel that way?

I used to talk to my Mum about everything, along with my three younger siblings. I'm finding it difficult to be without them. My partner is so supportive but there's nothing like a good old natter with your Mum when you're feeling low. Unfortunately she works a lot and I only get to talk to her about once a week, the same with my siblings.

But finding this forum has been a lovely god sent. It's nice to see lots of like minded people all in the same place! I'm hoping I make lots of friends.

Hello @Bonnie
    I send hugs to you <3 It is hard when moving to a new home and leaving behind our loved ones, both family and friends. You would be missing spending time with them. Having a chat face to face and a cup of tea or coffee , like you said , can make things seem a bit brighter and better. Perhaps you could talk to them through FaceTime or Skype them? Your partner sounds very caring and supportive. It would be good to talk over with him how you are feeling. It can sometimes be hard to find the words to express how you are feeling, but he would be understanding of you if you talk it over the best way you can.
    When you have been at the new home for a little while, you will soon start to make friends and feel a little more at home. Perhaps you could see if there are some local clubs or country associations that have social meetings that you could attend and start to get to know others locals who live in your district. You may need to travel a little way to the events, but it may help you to settle more into the community. When you get to know others and make friends, you will be able to also chat to them on the phone. Gradually these people will become your friends, and you yourself their friends, Perhaps you also may like to invite your old friends to visit you at your new home, or give them a ring on the phone to have a chat .
    It is great that you are enjoying being a part of the simming forum community. It is very nice that we are all simmers from all around the world, and all enjoy the same interest which is having fun playing The Sims!
    I send another hug to you <3 and will keep you in my thoughts as you continue to settle into your new home and local comminity.
  • Options
    BonnieBonnie Posts: 159 Member
    @rosemow

Thank you so much for your advice, it helps a lot! I'll do my best to follow it :smile:<3
    f63c55b4ba116173bd3db5dc0bc5ae7893dcb9d0.gif
  • Options
    Linds_the_kittyLinds_the_kitty Posts: 565 Member
    I love this thread, its really nice to find a place that actually cares for its community. It's even nicer to see a community that cares back. I put my heart out to all those having difficulties at the minute. Life can be a struggle but just remember that every step you take, no matter how small or big it is, gets you closer to your happy ending. Every step you take is a step toward something bigger, brighter and better.

I've recently been struggling myself. I've just moved to my partners home. It's such a lovely experience and he's an amazing man but I've left all my family and friends behind. He lives in the country side were there's nothing but trees and fields. The closest shop is a couple of miles walk away! While I'm enjoying it immensely and I'm really happy to be here with him (finally) I do miss everyone. It's very lonely up here. I haven't had much of a chance to make any friends as there's not a lot to do around here. If we fancy a night out we have to travel an hour or two to the next town! He works very long hours and I'm left on my own for long periods of time. My mental health is slipping slightly and I find myself having days were I feel horrible for no reason what so ever and I find it really difficult to talk to him about it. How are you supposed to explain how you feel when you're not sure exactly why you feel that way?

I used to talk to my Mum about everything, along with my three younger siblings. I'm finding it difficult to be without them. My partner is so supportive but there's nothing like a good old natter with your Mum when you're feeling low. Unfortunately she works a lot and I only get to talk to her about once a week, the same with my siblings.

But finding this forum has been a lovely god sent. It's nice to see lots of like minded people all in the same place! I'm hoping I make lots of friends.
    @Bonnie
    Thank you so much for your kind words. o:) Really needed them tonight as I was feeling a bit down. It made everything in my life a little bit better.

I love this thread too. It's nice knowing that someone out there is willing to listen, and you can say whatever's been bothering you without having to worry about being judged.

As @rosemow said, Skype or Facetime would be an option. Maybe try to Skype/Facetime your siblings, too? Maybe you can ask them for advice on how to deal with this.

Doesn't hurt to ring up your family members or friends every so often. If you can, maybe you could try planning a little social gathering or party or spend some time with your friends and family. Go on trips together, too. :blush:
    As much as it is good to talk to your mom and siblings, they're not the only ones you can go talk to. There's your friends, and then there's your partner.
    Even though everything is a bit far away, it's worth it. Also- I don't see anything bad about living in the countryside. There's some benefits. You can enjoy the scenery; there's sunlight, and clouds outside, so why not take a chance and get lost in it for awhile? You can get some fresh air...
    If you're having a bad day, I suggest going outside or treating yourself to something.
    Maybe soak yourself in a good book or eat some good food at home. Open the blinds out as that always works for me. :smile:
    Maybe take this chance to learn a new hobby or activity. Listen to some good music so that you don't feel as down.. Or take a good nap if you're tired or stressed out. Go out often and just explore. Go to new places you've never been to before, and if your partner knows a place, then go there. You can make friends there.
    Take a walk, too.. If you have a bike, you could take the time to bike around? And if you guys have a car or any other type of vehicle, maybe it's good to have a look around where you're living and explore so that you can get familiar with the place.

I can't relate entirely, but I can relate in some way. I live in a college town, so there's barely any left for me to do as everything is for college students. I have days where I'm just feeling down for no reason. Mental health is as important as your physical health <3

Remember, if you have any other problems, or need someone to talk to, you are always welcome to post to this thread.

Hugs <3
  • Options
    Hello to everyone for the new month of May :) May these pansies bring encouragement to you in all that your life and each day is holding.

HqCD4Rk.jpg
  • Options
    @Linds_the_kitty

Thank you so much for all your advice. I'm going to start trying to ring my Mum more often and get her on Skype. It's just that she works so late very often and she's always taking care of my younger siblings! I'm going to try and catch her at a good time though, or maybe arrange a more permanent time to ring her every week :smile:

I MISS MY BIKE! :open_mouth: I might see if I can find an old one around here and just get riding. That's such a brilliant idea.

I hope you're feeling much better, I'm always here for you if you need anyone to talk too! I might not have any way to help you but I know for a fact just talking can help sometimes.

All my love <3
  • Options
    JazztizzJazztizz Posts: 627 Member
    edited May 2017
    @Bonnie hey. I hang out here a lot too. It's very uplifting. I know exactly what you mean about moving away and feeling down. I moved to Wisconsin and lived on a dairy farm (long time ago but still remember the isolation). I"m from New Jersey, city area so it was a big change. There was no internet back then, mom worked (so no calls and even those had to be short because long-distance charges were really high back then), and I knew no one. I loved the country -- such a novelty. My baby daughter's second word was "cow" because they were literally everywhere around us and the first creatures we saw each morning. =) I read a lot and wrote in my journal, and tried to talk to her daddy about things, but he's a very left-brained kinda guy (engineer). We'd go for long hikes and bikerides and I'd take her out for air -- and it was great. Having a baby isn't totally alone but it's not adult time. I love that phrase you used -- "there's nothing like a good old natter with your Mum when you're feeling low." I wrote lots of letters especially to my mom and aunts. If there had been an internet I'd have been on it. So please add me to friends! Not sure if that is a thing on this forum I'm fairly new. Just check off that "add" box in your mind. ;)

One of the things I've been doing to make friends that has connected me to some awesome people is building challenges, specifically @Rosemow 's Room challenge thread here:

One Room, One Week, One Theme

There's nothing like creating a theme together to inspire you. People are really friendly and welcoming there. I think that's true of most creative threads here. I haven't had time to try others yet. I was inspired to start my gallery because of @Corwim @Rosemow and @Laebeth 's encouragement from that thread. Right now in my life, my son is missing, I'm having surgeries and there are other things going on that are high stress. So having a place to talk and have fun without RL stuff coming in is great. It's also been great to pop over here and talk. That's how I found another friend @mcrudd whose brother went missing the same day as my Benny (March 2, 2016). It's this horrible feeling that is totally not something possible to think about 24/7 without going crazy.

Another thing that helps me is quotes, so I started that other link in my signature on the forum (Plumbbobs and Cliffsnotes). It's about color, quotes and overcoming depression so please stop by any time. I'm going to be using my sims screen shots from 2, 3 and 4 to make uplifting/funny quotes from now on.

Btw, really liked what you wrote here:
    I love this thread, its really nice to find a place that actually cares for its community. It's even nicer to see a community that cares back. I put my heart out to all those having difficulties at the minute. Life can be a struggle but just remember that every step you take, no matter how small or big it is, gets you closer to your happy ending. Every step you take is a step toward something bigger, brighter and better

@Linds_the_kitty I agree. =) I liked very much what you wrote about getting out -- something I need to do more for sure. Lots of uplifting ideas which made me realize I want more of that too - especially outdoor time! It's getting so nice. =)
    I love this thread too. It's nice knowing that someone out there is willing to listen, and you can say whatever's been bothering you without having to worry about being judged.

So @Linds_the_kitty you reminded me how 1/3 of my top three is not getting enough attention! I just created my Sim Self to go with my granddaughter's family created for her birthday video. I thought long and hard about which three traits to choose, and finally came up with:

Creative
    I love creating, and meeting creative people.

Foodie
    Love. Good. Food.

Loves the outdoors
    Which is why I need to get out more. I've got too much me from that food and not enough muscle from moving! =)

Question:
    Which three would traits would you choose, and why? =)

Edited for clarity and to add the idea about 3 traits. And to remove excessive smileys!
    <3.
    Post edited by Jazztizz on
    Find your pack. Love them hard.Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.Missing Benjamin.Dd9S8jh.gif
  • Options
    Thank you so much @Jazztizz. Everyone is so wonderfully supported and somehow I don't feel as lonely anymore! Your place in New Jersey sounded like heaven! It's very much similar out here, apart from there are horses instead of cows! Which is really lovely because I do love horse riding. Your husband sounds like an amazing man! I can understand were you're coming from with the left-brain kind of guy thing, haha. Music is the one thing we really connect on though so its nice sitting there in the dark listening to all kinds of things. Thank you for the thread, I'll 100% check it out. I'm not amazing at designing things but I'm definitely up for giving anything a go!

I'm so so sorry to hear about your son, from the bottom of my heart. I can't imagine what thats like. Anytime you feel like a good old natter you can head on over to me. I'm not going to pretend to know how you're feeling because that's not going to help you at all and I honestly think nobody knows how you feel, but I will say that no matter what everyone is here for you. Just a message away. I'll light a candle for him every night and pray he uses the light as guidance home. All my love <3
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Thank you so much @Jazztizz. Everyone is so wonderfully supported and somehow I don't feel as lonely anymore! Your place in New Jersey sounded like heaven! It's very much similar out here, apart from there are horses instead of cows! Which is really lovely because I do love horse riding. Your husband sounds like an amazing man! I can understand were you're coming from with the left-brain kind of guy thing, haha. Music is the one thing we really connect on though so its nice sitting there in the dark listening to all kinds of things. Thank you for the thread, I'll 100% check it out. I'm not amazing at designing things but I'm definitely up for giving anything a go!

I'm so so sorry to hear about your son, from the bottom of my heart. I can't imagine what thats like. Anytime you feel like a good old natter you can head on over to me. I'm not going to pretend to know how you're feeling because that's not going to help you at all and I honestly think nobody knows how you feel, but I will say that no matter what everyone is here for you. Just a message away. I'll light a candle for him every night and pray he uses the light as guidance home. All my love <3

@Bonnie wow that's incredibly kind of you to do that. I believe in prayer and good thoughts. Visualizing the best possible outcome for my son, Benjamin for @mcrudd 's brother Eugene and for Mary Lyall (Hope for the Missing) whose daughter Suzanne disappeared also on March 2 but 18 years ago. I really appreciate it. That really touched me. Thank you. <3

Edited to add correct links
    Find your pack. Love them hard.Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.Missing Benjamin.Dd9S8jh.gif
  • Options
    Linds_the_kittyLinds_the_kitty Posts: 565 Member
    edited May 2017
    @Bonnie You're very welcome. Ooh, another idea to add.. Since you said that you love horseback riding, do some more of that. ;)
    Horseback riding was something I've heard of, but have never done. Wish I've learned. Another idea as I'm reading your post: Since Jazztizz mentioned about writing everything down, I've been meaning to get a Gratitude journal for myself these days but have been procrastinating about. I think it'd be helpful if you get yourself one too, and appreciate the little things in life more than leaning towards the negative things. Or just journaling. Another idea: Emailing/writing to close ones are a great idea. (I am so sorry I'm thinking about so many ideas as there are endless possibilities.)

I recently got a Tarot Reading from Inspirational Tarot. Leslie is truly amazing and very supportive and she helped me guide me along my path and address a lot of issues that I tried to push away or ignore. I asked for her to record it for me, though, because I have social anxiety when I talk to people even over the phone or Skype. Whenever I'm feeling down, I can listen to the recording on my computer over and over again and that's the nice thing about requesting for a recording instead. I highly recommend getting a tarot reading every once in a while if you're feeling down because I felt super down before I received the reading, but now I feel a bit more uplifted and I'm clear about what I need to do in order to achieve my "happy ending." Everything that was causing me to be this way was put to ease, and I just needed to learn that I needed to let go of everything. A bit pricey, but I know of a discount code. ;)

@Jazztizz Nice! Those are great traits. Those traits would probably describe me in real life, quite frankly. I'm an adventurous person even though I am a couch potato for most of the day. I get the thrill from going to places whenever I get the chance to, though. Also, food. Who doesn't love food?! I'm quite a creative person. Whenever I'm assigned school project, I try to go "outside-the-box" and see what I can do with it to make it look beautiful visually. So yes, I'd choose all three of those that you picked.
    If I could pick more traits instead of three, I definitely would because I personally think that three isn't enough for me.

You don't sound new to me, honestly. It sounds like you've been here for a long time, helping people and doing things like a good Simmer should do. :smiley: Even I've been here for a long time, for 2 years, and I still feel new!

Thank you for all your recommendations to fellow Simmers. I may not like building challenges, but that gave me an idea for something. I love challenging myself to some good ol' Create-a-Sim. I don't know why, I just love creating Sims and dress them up (not to sound weird). And I seem to spend an awful lot of time in Create-a-Sim. I'm not really much a builder because I'm having "builders' block" right now as I seem to have no idea how to decorate a house. I might look up a challenge or two. :blush:
  • Options
    @Linds_the_kitty

That's some amazing advice, I've just mentioned horseback riding to my SO. He seems a little apprehensive about doing it himself but he's all for me giving it a go again! I reckon that's a super easy way to make friends and get myself out of the house for a while :smile: I so so so so so much appreciate all your amazing ideas. They're making me feel better just thinking about all the options I have and that I have people who are constantly giving me new ones. You're an incredible person!

Tarot reading is such an interesting suggestion, I've never even thought about it. I'm going to be honest and say I am a little sceptical of all of that but I am in no way against giving it a go. I'll have a look into it, thank you :smile: As for your building troubles, I'm not amazing but I'm totally happy to give you any advice if you have any questions that need answering. I'm sort of a one track mind girl when it comes to decorating things as well. I can't seem to shake the way I decorate, it's stuck here for good it seems! I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with after your builders block is all said and done! :smile:
  • Options
    Hello @Bonnie :)@Linds_the_kitty :) and @Jazztizz :)
    You are all such very caring people, in your thoughtful messages of support to each other. You express much empathy for fellow simmers who are going through hard times in their lives. Your suggestions and ideas to help each are very encouraging and very helpful. I have been reading all that you have been writing to each other. I am keeping each of you in my thoughts, in all that your lives are holding. Thankyou for your caring kindness towards each other. Sending hugs to you <3
  • Options
    @Linds_the_kitty new to TS4 but around forums since TS1. I was jazztizz on TS1, Manfrengensenden on TS2 and skipped TS3 trying to get my life in balance, then signed up again here in Feb 2017.

Cool we have the same sim traits *high five* = ) Yeah I agree. I want at least 4 more! Seven sounds like a good number. Even if it's -- what was it in TS2? Sub-traits or something. Outside the box is a great place to be. Outliers are where the creative thinking is. Did you ever see Shaun Achor's vid about work, data, happiness and a pajama party with a unicorn? It's awesome! Check it out. Outside the box people are my favorites:

@rosemow you've given folks a safe place here. I think you're amazing and really appreciate your kindness every day I come here and read your posts. *hugs*

• Options
    Thank you for all your recommendations to fellow Simmers. I may not like building challenges, but that gave me an idea for something. I love challenging myself to some good ol' Create-a-Sim. I don't know why, I just love creating Sims and dress them up (not to sound weird). And I seem to spend an awful lot of time in Create-a-Sim. I'm not really much a builder because I'm having "builders' block" right now as I seem to have no idea how to decorate a house. I might look up a challenge or two. :blush:
    Hello @Linds_the_kitty :) You may like to do the
    "33 DAY CREATE-A-SIM CHALLENGE!"
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/886576/33-day-create-a-sim-challenge

or the
    "25 DAY MALE CREATE-A-SIM CHALLENGE"
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/908429/25-day-male-create-a-sim-challenge

They are very enjoyable cas challenges to do :)
    Happy Sims creating! :)
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Jazztizz wrote: »
    @Linds_the_kitty new to TS4 but around forums since TS1. I was jazztizz on TS1, Manfrengensenden on TS2 and skipped TS3 trying to get my life in balance, then signed up again here in Feb 2017.

Cool we have the same sim traits *high five* = ) Yeah I agree. I want at least 4 more! Seven sounds like a good number. Even if it's -- what was it in TS2? Sub-traits or something. Outside the box is a great place to be. Outliers are where the creative thinking is. Did you ever see Shaun Achor's vid about work, data, happiness and a pajama party with a unicorn? It's awesome! Check it out. Outside the box people are my favorites:

@rosemow you've given folks a safe place here. I think you're amazing and really appreciate your kindness every day I come here and read your posts. *hugs*

Thankyou very much for your very kind and thoughtful words @Jazztizz <3 They are very special. I send hugs to you <3
  • Options
    @Rosemow you're welcome. <3 = )

Great idea re CAS. I did the 33-day one before joining and it was fun. One thing I didn't know is that spotting a gorgeous genetic sim from a Legacy family and re-making them in CAS isn't quite the same as starting from scratch. It's great to have a gallery too once you start. If you make one let me know!

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    I have a bit of rant but first i have to give some background my Mom does 1 women plays for several years since 2012. And she's is semi busy with her church choir practice (after church on Sundays and occasionally Wednesdays each month). The last two Sundays (Yesterday April 30 and April 23) I made supper for the family. My first night after bowling is finished Dad wanted me to make a salad-he's always excepts me to make a salad. I mean he's CONSTANTLY giving Mom a break but he can never give ME a f- break. I deserve a f- break since this is my first night at HOME since bowling ended LAST week!! Basically all LAST week except for Tuesday Thursday (and not counting Friday-because I made the entire supper that day as well and Mom made Korean veggies on Saturday) I made a SALAD..so don't I deserve a f- break???
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    MadameLee wrote: »
    I have a bit of rant but first i have to give some background my Mom does 1 women plays for several years since 2012. And she's is semi busy with her church choir practice (after church on Sundays and occasionally Wednesdays each month). The last two Sundays (Yesterday April 30 and April 23) I made supper for the family. My first night after bowling is finished Dad wanted me to make a salad-he's always excepts me to make a salad. I mean he's CONSTANTLY giving Mom a break but he can never give ME a f- break. I deserve a f- break since this is my first night at HOME since bowling ended LAST week!! Basically all LAST week except for Tuesday Thursday (and not counting Friday-because I made the entire supper that day as well and Mom made Korean veggies on Saturday) I made a SALAD..so don't I deserve a f- break???

Hello @MadameLee
    It was very kind and thoughtful of you to make the supper for your family for the last two Sundays and Friday and on the other days of the week you made the salads. <3 Your family would appreciate it, even if they may not show it, Your Dad may just be expecting you to make the salad, to keep with a normal routine. It may just be that he wants to keep things the same, so as not to cause any differences to the normal food preparing routine.
    It is understandable that sometimes you would like to have a break from the food preparing too though, especially when you may be tired from other things that you have been doing that day.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @MadameLee
    It was very kind and thoughtful of you to make the supper for your family for the last two Sundays and Friday and on the other days of the week you made the salads. <3 Your family would appreciate it, even if they may not show it, Your Dad may just be expecting you to make the salad, to keep with a normal routine. It may just be that he wants to keep things the same, so as not to cause any differences to the normal food preparing routine.

I need a damm break!! I never had made a salad on MONDAYS since I'm would have been at BOWLING (with the exception of March the 13 -ie FEBUARY and I need one f- break I'm sick and tired of making a salad-and on my ONE day home from bowling since like I said Bowling ended on April 24 especially when I made the ENTIRE supper yesterday. Also Dad's only making supper because one of the schools' office admins basically was NAW (Not Always Working) and has this habit of booking Mom without even checking to see if she might have been booked for half a day elsewhere which means Mom didn't have any lunch today. Since Mom doesn't drive.

Because of all the work I been doing with supper I'm one who should have Chinese food instead of Mom because she's barley cooks these days
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

Hello @MadameLee

I need a damm break!! I never had made a salad on MONDAYS since I'm would have been at BOWLING (with the exception of March the 13 -ie FEBUARY and I need one f- break I'm sick and tired of making a salad-and on my ONE day home from bowling since like I said Bowling ended on April 24 especially when I made the ENTIRE supper yesterday. Also Dad's only making supper because one of the schools' office admins basically was NAW (Not Always Working) and has this habit of booking Mom without even checking to see if she might have been booked for half a day elsewhere which means Mom didn't have any lunch today. Since Mom doesn't drive.

Because of all the work I been doing with supper I'm one who should have Chinese food instead of Mom because she's barley cooks these days

Hello @MadameLee
    I am sorry that this has been upsetting for you. It is understandable that you would like to have a break from cooking meals, when you have been doing it on other days, I send hugs to you <3 It has annoyed and frustrated you what has happened, but try to just now think/accept that it occured, and instead focus on other things that you enjoy doing, so as it doesn't keep hurting you inside.
  • Options
    edited May 2017

Hello @MadameLee

Hello @MadameLee
    I am sorry that this has been upsetting for you. It is understandable that you would like to have a break from cooking meals, when you have been doing it on other days, I send hugs to you <3 It has annoyed and frustrated you what has happened, but try to just now think/accept that it occured, and instead focus on other things that you enjoy doing, so as it doesn't keep hurting you inside.

Just Dad in a case like this doesn't seem to have ANY common Sense. I mean after making supper both on Friday and ESPECIALLY yesterday would he THINK I would want to make salad TONIGHT? I would if I HADN'T made the ENTIRE supper yesterday.. (and I only did the supper on Sundays because Mom asked me as she did the week before ((the week before so she could go to the store/focus on laundry and yesterday because she's rehearsing for next week's play)).). He almost never gives me a break (not unless I act like a two year old) and then he has to be rude about it when I glare at him. I mean of sick of his food (Mom and I are the WAAY better cooks but that's a different rant let's just say he would get an D at least in Chef school well Mom would get an A and I would get at least a B+), I'm sick of being his sous chef for days, and days on end, except for Fridays and Sundays and Saturdays.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Thinking of you all and how strong you all are!
    157021f0cf214ae44ea4a4dae57c8cf4.jpg
    f4ce8af5731a22dd986d423560ec45a1.jpg
    Thoughts and prayers go out to all of you! Take one day at a time and remember, we will get thru each day together <3
  • Options
    Hello @charlotteprice :) Thankyou very much for your caring thoughts and for posting the encouraging quote words and the very lovely birds picture <3 They are very special and bring encouragement to us all.
    I send hugs to you <3
  • Options
    Dad's having a fit because for the "Salad" part of supper Mom&I want to have cut up veggies but as part of the "main" course he wants us to have cooked carrots,parsnips and peas. It's just it's either that or the one remaing salad in my mind-drawer of salad stuff that I know how to actually make and it's something that he doesn't like. (ie Greek salad). And he's having a fit because he already cut the parsnips and the carrots for the cooked portion. Then he's says I'm having a fit
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Dad's having a fit because for the "Salad" part of supper Mom&I want to have cut up veggies but as part of the "main" course he wants us to have cooked carrots,parsnips and peas. It's just it's either that or the one remaing salad in my mind-drawer of salad stuff that I know how to actually make and it's something that he doesn't like. (ie Greek salad). And he's having a fit because he already cut the parsnips and the carrots for the cooked portion. Then he's says I'm having a fit

Hello @MadameLee
    I am sorry that your family are having this stressful time as you prepare your supper meal. I send a hug to you <3 It is not nice that it is upsetting for each of you.
  • Options

Hello @MadameLee
    I am sorry that your family are having this stressful time as you prepare your supper meal. I send a hug to you <3 It is not nice that it is upsetting for each of you.

it's not my supper meal (I haven't started yet) but OUR supper meal Dad's not keen on the idea of MORE carrots (besides celery&cuke) when we are already going to have COOKED carrots and parsnips and peas. But its either that or Greek salad (and I technically want to save what is left of our lettuce for tomorrow)
    6adMCGP.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top