Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,903 Member
    Thank you, rosemow. Hubby and I are going to go over our financial situation and make decisions on what we can cut to help ease things. He's likely to take a cut in pay when he does find that other job. Already, one cut has been made by his being unemployed suddenly. Our health insurance premium was sky high. We won't even talk about the deductible. Now, we haven't got insurance — at all! Thank you so very much, Mr. Obama! Medicaid may be the answer. :open_mouth: I do have an pre-existing situation, after all.

So sorry to hear about your situation.
    What about unemployment benefits? Are those available?
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,611 Member
    Thank you, simgirl1010. He will be looking into that shortly. He also has a couple of leads on a new position. :) And, for the moment, he's finishing up that one last report, for which the company is paying him the consultant fee for it. He went in Friday and he's going in Monday, too, to finish the very last bit of it. In the meantime, he cleaned out his desk — and found the CD I've been hunting for! LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,602 Member
    Thank you, simgirl1010. He will be looking into that shortly. He also has a couple of leads on a new position. :) And, for the moment, he's finishing up that one last report, for which the company is paying him the consultant fee for it. He went in Friday and he's going in Monday, too, to finish the very last bit of it. In the meantime, he cleaned out his desk — and found the CD I've been hunting for! LOL

Hello @GalacticGal
    Sending more hugs to you <3 as you and your husband continue to work through what has occured, and look to the future. The leads that your husband has about a new postion is an encouraging sign. I hope that the finalising of the last report goes well.
    It is great that your lost cd has been found! :)
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,759 Member
    edited May 2017
    I wish Dad would get off my back about his lunches. My two cousins who live with their parents I bet their dads don't bug THEM about what the dad is making for lunch well my Dad does. I had it up to my neck of telling him to back off from me and not hound me whenever I'm at home (also considering the rest of the week I have to have HIS freaking suppers, I don't REALLY want his lunches as well I don't know what we're going to do for supper tonight with it being Mother's Day since we normally would you know? order Chinese food but we had Chinese food last night..(Mom's "cast Party" with family members and a friend) and I would rather have something light for lunch
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    I wish Dad would get off my back about his lunches. My two cousins who live with their parents I bet their dads don't bug THEM about what the dad is making for lunch well my Dad does. I had it up to my neck of telling him to back off from me and not hound me whenever I'm at home (also considering the rest of the week I have to have HIS freaking suppers, I don't REALLY want his lunches as well I don't know what we're going to do for supper tonight with it being Mother's Day since we normally would you know? order Chinese food but we had Chinese food last night..(Mom's "cast Party" with family members and a friend) and I would rather have something light for lunch

Hello @MadameLee
    I hope that you and your family have a very nice Mother's Day supper tonight. It will be a special meal whatever the meal consists of, because you are spending it with your Mother on her special day. I hope that she is having a special Mother's Day <3
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited May 2017
    Hello, I never believed I write here but I don't know with who talk in the real life. First of all, English isn't my mother language. I'm 14 years old and live in my host family since I have 3 days because my father and my mum don't would me. When I was 5 years old I had to leave for live to my father but I never would that. Because my father struck me I was 4 years in an boarding school. When I was 10 years old I have do the request to return in my host family, it was difficult my brothers wouldn't that and my father did everything so that my brothers don't like me. Finally, last year I could return in my host family but in my school i'm harassed... Since 1 years now and it's really hard. I want to return to my father because over there I'm not harassed but I don't want leave of my host family. I don't what do...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Hello, I never believed I write here but I don't know with who talk in the real life. First of all, English isn't my mother language. I live in my host family since I have 3 days because my father and my mum don't would me. When I was 5 years old I had to leave for live to my father but I never would that. Because my father struck me I was 4 years in an boarding school. When I was 10 years old I have do the request to return in my host family, it was difficult my brothers wouldn't that and my father did everything so that my brothers don't like me. Finally, next year I could return in my host family but in my school i'm harassed... Since 1 years now and it's really hard. I want to return to my father because over there I'm not harassed but I don't want leave of my host family. I don't what do...

Hello @Jordan061102
    I am sorry that you have hard times through your life. I send big hugs to you <3 It may help to find a teacher or a counsellor at your school with whom that you can talk over your situation about living with your father or with your host family. They may be able to offer advice and will give you support. It is best to talk things over face to face. You will also not feel as alone. It is not nice that you are being harassed at school also. The teacher or counsellor may be able to help you with this also.
    I will keep you in my thoughts as you work through what is the best thing to do for next year. Sending another hug to you <3
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    a tough mother's day for me. my mother passed away on easter sunday. i know the grieving process takes awhile and time heals all wounds. it doesn't change the fact that, at this moment in time, i miss my mother and love her very much.

happy mother's day to all you moms out there.
  • Options
    a tough mother's day for me. my mother passed away on easter sunday. i know the grieving process takes awhile and time heals all wounds. it doesn't change the fact that, at this moment in time, i miss my mother and love her very much.

Hello @luvdasims55
    I send big hugs to you <3 I am so sorry to hear about the passing away of your loving and loved mother on Easter Sunday. Mothers Day would be a very hard day for you in the midst of your grieving time. You would be missing her very much every day, and on special days like this the grieving pain is deeper and more intense. You would have many treasured and special memories in your heart and mind of times spent with your precious mother.
    I will keep you especially in my thoughts today. I send another hug to you <3 May softly scented flower petals encircle your heart through the ongoing grieving time.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello, I never believed I write here but I don't know with who talk in the real life. First of all, English isn't my mother language. I live in my host family since I have 3 days because my father and my mum don't would me. When I was 5 years old I had to leave for live to my father but I never would that. Because my father struck me I was 4 years in an boarding school. When I was 10 years old I have do the request to return in my host family, it was difficult my brothers wouldn't that and my father did everything so that my brothers don't like me. Finally, next year I could return in my host family but in my school i'm harassed... Since 1 years now and it's really hard. I want to return to my father because over there I'm not harassed but I don't want leave of my host family. I don't what do...

Hello @Jordan061102
    I am sorry that you have hard times through your life. I send big hugs to you <3 It may help to find a teacher or a counsellor at your school with whom that you can talk over your situation about living with your father or with your host family. They may be able to offer advice and will give you support. It is best to talk things over face to face. You will also not feel as alone. It is not nice that you are being harassed at school also. The teacher or counsellor may be able to help you with this also.
    I will keep you in my thoughts as you work through what is the best thing to do for next year. Sending another hug to you <3

I have talk with an adjoint, he sayed he can't help me... Tuesday I will have a discussion with the adjoint, my host family and my assistant social. I don't know how it will be... Now I had an argument with my host family about that... I feel so sad. The life is so hard... I'm tired, I don't know what to do... Sometimes I want stop to live. Thank's for the support @rosemow
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options

Hello @Jordan061102

I have talk with an adjoint, he sayed he can't help me... Tuesday I will have a discussion with the adjoint, my host family and my assistant social. I don't know how it will be... Now I had an argument with my host family about that... I feel so sad. The life is so hard... I'm tired, I don't know what to do... Sometimes I want stop to live. Thank's for the support @rosemow

Hello @Jordan061102
    It is good that you are having the discussion on Tuesday. You will be able to talk over with them how you are feeling, and together you can talk through the options and what is the best and most beneficial home living situation for you,
    You are a very special person of much value and worth. Life can be at times tiring, wearying and stressful, but you need to keep enduring through it. There will be better and brighter days and times ahead. There will be good days and other days not so good . Try to take a day by day. I will be especially thinking of you on Tuesday. I hope that the discussion will be helpful in making plans for your future
    Sending a hug to you <3
  • Options
    Thank you with all my heart @rosemow !
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, and that today is such a sad reminder of it. All you can really do, is just keep going in your life. Your Mom is watching, make her smile.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    telexscopetelexscope Posts: 17 Member
    > @luvdasims55 said:
    > a tough mother's day for me. my mother passed away on easter sunday. i know the grieving process takes awhile and time heals all wounds. it doesn't change the fact that, at this moment in time, i miss my mother and love her very much.
    >
    > happy mother's day to all you moms out there.

oh no :( I'm so sorry for your loss, but just remember that if this is the worst, it can only get better! love from this corner of simming! <3
  • Options
    KurotardKurotard Posts: 380 Member
    I'm going through a really hard time in my life. Two people close to me are dying and I feel so helpless and can't do anything for them... One of them has cancer and is far too old for chemotherapy, as well as having Alzheimer's which chemo could easily make worse on him. The other... oh God, she has a plethora of problems and it breaks my heart. I love both of them dearly and I'm not used to losing people like this.
  • Options
    Kurotard wrote: »
    I'm going through a really hard time in my life. Two people close to me are dying and I feel so helpless and can't do anything for them... One of them has cancer and is far too old for chemotherapy, as well as having Alzheimer's which chemo could easily make worse on him. The other... oh God, she has a plethora of problems and it breaks my heart. I love both of them dearly and I'm not used to losing people like this.

Hello @Kurotard
    It is very upsetting and distressing to us when we see our loved ones, both family and friends, suffering due to their health. I am so sorry to hear those two that you are close to are dying. It can make us feel feel helpless as we can't make them well. Your loving and caring support of them would be such a special encouragement to them. Them knowing that you love and care about them and about their health is the very best help and support that you can give to them. It would mean such a lot to them. I send hugs to you <3
  • Options
    911TruthBear911TruthBear Posts: 629 Member
    I'm not going through a "hard time" per se, but after my supervisor and her boss both got fired within a week of each other...guess who had to pick up the slack became he's the only food safety certificatified person​?

THIS PERSON!
    ☕☕☕ coffee, if you please!☕☕☕

Hello @911TruthBear
    It would have put extra pressure and work on you, with the firing of those two employees so close to one another. There would have been a sudden loss of experience and knowledge , and work that now needs to be filled again by other staff members, either by current employees like yourself or through the hiring of new employees. I send hugs to you <3 as you have the added work and pressure , as a result of their firing. Perhaps there may be soon another employee that can be trained to have food safety certifications. Try having some time when you are not working, to do things that you enjoy doing, so that work pressure stress can be released, and not build up too much,and affect your health.

Thank you @rosemow !!!

UPDATE: Well, one of our former leads "Bette" (not her real name) came back Saturday after a ten month medical leave, and since she is food safety certified, some of the duties that were for me only are now being shared by her, and we are working on getting another co-worker, "Louis" certified, but or company has switched protoring agencies from ProMetric to SafServ, so our proctor, "Mamasita" (Who is also a supervisor at one of our other stores) , who is 40 miles away, can't give our other co-worker the food safety test until SafServ has given her the credentials.

And then there is "Joan" (not her real name) who also has been ot on medical leave, and she is also food safety certified, so that shoud give us enogh coverage in the store. (Since we deal with food, we have to have a food safety certified person on hand during all operating hours)

One of the issues that we are dealing with now is getting access to the schedule, and the way our company is set up, only supervisors have access to that, and "Mamasita" is at her store, 40 miles away, and it's kinda hard going back and fourth to print out our schedule and also take care of her store at the same time.

MEANWHILE...I am geting ready to apply for the supervisor postion. I think I have a good chance this time around becasue I have a good working relationship with or regional manager, and she encoraged me to apply...well, that, plus I have been with the company for 8 years! B)
  • Options
    I'm not going through a "hard time" per se, but after my supervisor and her boss both got fired within a week of each other...guess who had to pick up the slack became he's the only food safety certificatified person​?

THIS PERSON!
    ☕☕☕ coffee, if you please!☕☕☕

Hello @911TruthBear
    It would have put extra pressure and work on you, with the firing of those two employees so close to one another. There would have been a sudden loss of experience and knowledge , and work that now needs to be filled again by other staff members, either by current employees like yourself or through the hiring of new employees. I send hugs to you <3 as you have the added work and pressure , as a result of their firing. Perhaps there may be soon another employee that can be trained to have food safety certifications. Try having some time when you are not working, to do things that you enjoy doing, so that work pressure stress can be released, and not build up too much,and affect your health.

Thank you @rosemow !!!

UPDATE: Well, one of our former leads "Bette" (not her real name) came back Saturday after a ten month medical leave, and since she is food safety certified, some of the duties that were for me only are now being shared by her, and we are working on getting another co-worker, "Louis" certified, but or company has switched protoring agencies from ProMetric to SafServ, so our proctor, "Mamasita" (Who is also a supervisor at one of our other stores) , who is 40 miles away, can't give our other co-worker the food safety test until SafServ has given her the credentials.

And then there is "Joan" (not her real name) who also has been ot on medical leave, and she is also food safety certified, so that shoud give us enogh coverage in the store. (Since we deal with food, we have to have a food safety certified person on hand during all operating hours)

One of the issues that we are dealing with now is getting access to the schedule, and the way our company is set up, only supervisors have access to that, and "Mamasita" is at her store, 40 miles away, and it's kinda hard going back and fourth to print out our schedule and also take care of her store at the same time.

MEANWHILE...I am geting ready to apply for the supervisor postion. I think I have a good chance this time around becasue I have a good working relationship with or regional manager, and she encoraged me to apply...well, that, plus I have been with the company for 8 years! B)

Hello @911TruthBear :)
    It was good to read the update of how your work is going. It is good that there are now more fellow co-workers to help ease the pressure on you of being the only one who has the food safety certification.
    It is exciting that you are going to apply for the supervisor position! I hope that you are accepted for the position :) It is an encouraging and promising sign that the Regional Manager has encouraged you to apply for the position. You also have a wealth of knowledge and experience having been with the company for eight years.
  • Options
    ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member
    edited May 2017
    Getting through any given day is often harder than we would like. And for some of us this extends to our nights too in the the form of bad dreams and haunting thoughts as we try to sleep.

The last thing you need is to be hard on yourself. Take the time to make yourself happy and do what you can to get a good nights sleep.
    Even if it isn't always an option, it can help detox stress that would build up over days, weeks, months.

I send prayers to all of you who are going through a tough time in your life :heart:
    unknown.png
  • Options
    Getting through any given day is often harder than we would like. And for some of us this extends to our nights too in the the form of bad dreams and haunting thoughts as we try to sleep.

The last thing you need is to be hard on yourself. Take the time to make yourself happy and do what you can to get a good nights sleep.
    Even if it isn't always an option, it can help detox stress that would build up over days, weeks, months.

I send prayers to all of you who are going through a tough time in your life :heart:

Hello @Zinniavanilla
    Thankyou for your caring words for all who are going through hard times in their life <3
    Your encouraging words to care for ourselves and get a good night's sleep are special.
    Sending a hug to you in all that your life is holding <3
  • Options

If sleep isn't forthcoming and you recognize having a 'sleeping problem', you don't have to use prescription drugs. Take Melatonin (over the counter) during the daylight hours. This will help reset your circadian rhythm. Also, take Valerian Root, also an over the counter product, which will help you relax. I'm having to do this, myself. My Neurologist needs me to sleep and well. He also respects my refusal to take traditional prescription 'sleeping pills'. This has helped me greatly. I take them on a very regular routine. Most nights I get at least six straight hours of sleep. Best of luck to you.
  • Options
    Linds_the_kittyLinds_the_kitty Posts: 565 Member
    edited May 2017
    I didn't intend on posting this, but I'm feeling a bit down (referring to the post I made several weeks ago). Need to let things out before I bottle everything up. Forgot to add a few things to that post, but whatever.

It [the bullying] has gotten so bad to the point where I was getting frequent panic attacks and severe anxiety just coming into school everyday. I started crying everyday in class and at home, and I couldn't focus on my schoolwork anymore. I kept crying and crying that things kept being this way. Stayed the same. Like nothing was going to get better for me. It was embarrassing, but nobody did anything about it.
    Transferring to online classes was a temporary solution for me, but it started to get worse, too.

There was even a point where I completely had a mental breakdown, and stayed home for 3 weeks. 3 WEEKS. Of course, I got in trouble for it if I didn't go to school soon, but I didn't feel like living anymore. I'm given so much crap in life that I'm not sure when it'll end. Sure, I did go to school right after I got that "warning letter", but I started to skip school again because I thought I was already being applied as "homeschooled," but I guess that didn't come quickly. Had to talk to the principal about the decision about becoming homeschooled or continuing to take online courses and all that. Right after I found out that "oh this wasn't going to work out for me" [online classes], I knew at that moment that I had to apply to homeschool myself. They always ask for a parents' signature, but this was digital, so I signed it for my parents. Yet, my Uncle blamed me that day we talked to the Principal that I "lied." It was my decision and I wasn't going to change my mind, and I had no choice. So yes, I was kinda "lying", but it was urgent. He wasn't there to see me do the whole homeschool applying process, so why is he calling me a liar? Anyways, I always think it's important to check the facts and research before you assume anything.

I'm happy where I am now. I am happier. But I can't help but to think once in awhile that everyone at school is living their life better than me without me in it anymore. Why does everyone think I'm a bother and annoying to them? Sometimes I doubt myself because of that. I am still trying to teach myself how to let go of everything, slowly but surely, it's taking a while.

I have to email the Virtual School about how to make up my credits now since I've been basically doing nothing these past 2 months of being homeschooled. And because I have to reapply back into public school right when school ends because I have to change my mind about next years' courses and wavering to be in Advanced Placement ones and blah blah blah. And to make up my exams, which will sure be fun. *sarcasm* It's going to be a process, but in the end, it'll be worth it. It's going to be hard juggling 2 things at once. I'm just so scared of what the future holds for me. I'm unsure of it. I'm unsure of what will happen to me. Will I have to retake this whole year again? That's what I'm most scared about. Is that I fail and have to do it again. I have so many tasks to do.

I hate it. I just hate it all. I wish everything wasn't so crap to me. I just wish this whole thing doesn't happen for next year. Until then, I'm just gonna try and hold on the best that I can for next year. I felt like as if I had no support at that point, and I still feel as if I still don't have the support that I need, but it's better than nothing. I'm praying that next year will change and won't be as bad as this year; I'm told that the first year is always bad. Whenever my mom tells my family about how I'm doing and how I'm "doing better" and I'm "not depressed anymore", kinda makes me feel bad. It's like... revealing a secret that I didn't want revealed in the first place. And yet, my mom told my family. I didn't tell my mom to tell anybody, nor wanted her to. It's my business and not anyone else's.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    I didn't intend on posting this, but I'm feeling a bit down (referring to the post I made several weeks ago). Need to let things out before I bottle everything up. Forgot to add a few things to that post, but whatever.

It [the bullying] has gotten so bad to the point where I was getting frequent panic attacks and severe anxiety just coming into school everyday. I started crying everyday in class and at home, and I couldn't focus on my schoolwork anymore. I kept crying and crying that things kept being this way. Stayed the same. Like nothing was going to get better for me. It was embarrassing, but nobody did anything about it.
    Transferring to online classes was a temporary solution for me, but it started to get worse, too.

There was even a point where I completely had a mental breakdown, and stayed home for 3 weeks. 3 WEEKS. Of course, I got in trouble for it if I didn't go to school soon, but I didn't feel like living anymore. I'm given so much plum in life that I'm not sure when it'll end. Sure, I did go to school right after I got that "warning letter", but I started to skip school again because I thought I was already being applied as "homeschooled," but I guess that didn't come quickly. Had to talk to the principal about the decision about becoming homeschooled or continuing to take online courses and all that. Right after I found out that "oh this wasn't going to work out for me" [online classes], I knew at that moment that I had to apply to homeschool myself. They always ask for a parents' signature, but this was digital, so I signed it for my parents. Yet, my Uncle blamed me that day we talked to the Principal that I "lied." It was my decision and I wasn't going to change my mind, and I had no choice. So yes, I was kinda "lying", but it was urgent. He wasn't there to see me do the whole homeschool applying process, so why is he calling me a liar? Anyways, I always think it's important to check the facts and research before you assume anything.

I'm happy where I am now. I am happier. But I can't help but to think once in awhile that everyone at school is living their life better than me without me in it anymore. Why does everyone think I'm a bother and annoying to them? Sometimes I doubt myself because of that. I am still trying to teach myself how to let go of everything, slowly but surely, it's taking a while.

I have to email the Virtual School about how to make up my credits now since I've been basically doing nothing these past 2 months of being homeschooled. And because I have to reapply back into public school right when school ends because I have to change my mind about next years' courses and wavering to be in Advanced Placement ones and blah blah blah. And to make up my exams, which will sure be fun. *sarcasm* It's going to be a process, but in the end, it'll be worth it. It's going to be hard juggling 2 things at once. I'm just so scared of what the future holds for me. I'm unsure of it. I'm unsure of what will happen to me. Will I have to retake this whole year again? That's what I'm most scared about. Is that I fail and have to do it again.

I hate it. I just hate it all. I wish everything wasn't so plum to me. I just wish this whole thing doesn't happen for next year. Until then, I'm just gonna try and hold on the best that I can for next year. I felt like as if I had no support at that point, and I still feel as if I still don't have the support that I need, but it's better than nothing. I'm praying that next year will change and won't be as bad as this year; I'm told that the first year is always bad. Whenever my mom tells my family about how I'm doing and how I'm "doing better" and I'm "not depressed anymore", kinda makes me feel bad. It's like... revealing a secret that I didn't want revealed in the first place. And yet, my mom told my family. I didn't tell my mom to tell anybody, nor wanted her to. It's my business and not anyone else's.

Hello @Linds_the_kitty
    It is very hard on you the bullying that you have experienced in your life. It has been tiring on your body, physically, emotionally and mentally. I send hugs to you <3 It is beneficial for you and your health to have the present time of home schooling. It will enable you a time to take care of yourself without needing to endure through bullying and the stress and pressures you were undergoing at school, and give you an opportunity to catch up with your studies,
    When you return to school, your fellow students will be older and it will be a new set of classes and course subjects. Try taking step by step the process of returning to the school. Try focusing on your studies now, so that you can be prepared the most beneficially for your exams and future studies. Try using this time to get the sleep and nutrition that you require to help your body function in the best way that it can.
    Your mother has told your family how you are feeling because she cares about you, and wants the rest of your family to be supportive and understanding of you. When people understand to an extent how another person is feeling, it helps to enable them to support them in the most beneficial way.
    You are not a bother or annoyance to anyone. You are a very special person who has so much value and has a special future. Life has at times been hard for you. I am so sorry for what you have been experiencing. There will be brighter times ahead. Try taking a day by day. We all don't know what the future holds, but we all need to just a day by day on our own special pathway through life.
    I send more hugs to you <3
  • Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Let's hope Doctor knows what their doing. Tomorrow I have appointment. The Doctor is very new to this area. Hopefully he figure out what is wrong with me. Or I should just buy bunch of lucky charms.
  • Options
    james64468 wrote: »
    Let's hope Doctor knows what their doing. Tomorrow I have appointment. The Doctor is very new to this area. Hopefully he figure out what is wrong with me. Or I should just buy bunch of lucky charms.

Hello @james64468
    I am sorry to hear that you are unwell. I hope that your appointment with your new Doctor tomorrow will help to find the cause of why you are sick. The Doctor will be able to check you over and run tests to diagnose the health issue.
    I will keep you in my thoughts and prepare for and attend the appointment. It will be good to hear how you get on with the appointment.
    I send a hug to you <3
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top