March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Parentcy Challenge

Cookingpup99Cookingpup99 Posts: 443 Member
edited March 7 in Nominated Threads
UPDATE 25/09/21: Adoptions are allowed! (excluding generation 1) I realise no adoptions wasn't a very inclusive rule and have removed it to be more inclusive!

Rules

No Cheats
No Mods that can make the challenge easier or provide you with an advantage i.e mods that alter the prices of objects or bills or enable easier promotions etc
Custom Content is allowed
No quitting game without saving
The heir is required to stay on the lot until they die
No Lifetime Rewards (exception for gen 2 and Fertility Treatment)
You are allowed to play other households as long as you do not interact with the sims involved with the legacy (so i.e I am going to change the clothes on one of the sims and I'm going to make one of their friends get married or something)
When you move onto the next generation, the old heir/founder cannot earn points from their point chart, likewise, they cannot lose points either.
Only skills that have been maxed by the heir to the next/of the current generation are counted for points.
You may use the MC Control Center on other sims as long as they are not married to the heir, going to become the heir and/or related to the heir and still living in the household.

Obviously if your sim gets abducted, there is nothing you can do about it, and that's fine. It'll be interesting to introduce alien blood into timeline.

This counts for every generation: +25pts for every aspiration completed.

GENERATION 1: SINGLE PARENT OF ONE (Two if they have twins, three if triplets)

You create a sim. They venture out into the world to make a living. They reach level 2 of a career of your choice. They meet someone and become pregnant or impregnate someone. The other parent disappears. They are left with a baby to look after alone and this becomes their main focus until the child goes to school.

15pts for maxing a skill
25pts for maxing parenting skill
-20pts for getting married before the child is a child
-20pts for having a child

GENERATION 2: WORKAHOLIC PARENT

When the child becomes a young adult, you can begin their generation. They are completely focused on their career as their parent had not had much money to give them much stuff when they were little. When they reach the top of their career they focus on having a child. They retire. YOU MAY USE YOUNG AGAIN POTION!
GTW: They can either reach the top of their career or own a retail store worth $250,000.
DO: Own and run a five star restaurant

15pts for maxing a skill
20pts for retiring
25pts for reaching the top of their career/owning a retail store worth $250,000/own and run a five star restaurant
-25pts if they have a child before they reach level 10 of their career

GENERATION 3: PAINTER PARENT

When your chosen heir becomes a young adult, you can begin their generation. They missed the presence of their parent as they were busy with concentrating on work, so they don't get a job, but make money from the paintings they paint.

5pts for reaching Level 5 in Painting Skill
15pts for reaching Level 10 in Painting Skill
15pts for maxing a skill (Not counting Painting)
30pts for making $500,000 from selling paintings
-25pts for having a job

GENERATION 4: COMMITMENT ISSUES PARENT

When your chosen heir ages up to young adult, this generation begins. They hated how their parent spent their life just painting and did nothing else, and they swear that they will not commit to doing just one thing. You can choose any career, but they must have at least 3 and reach level 5 in each one. They have at least three different partners before they settle down.

2 points for every partner they have
10pts for every job they reach level 5 in
-25pts if they get married without having at least three different partners

GENERATION 5: NEGLECTFUL PARENT

When the child ages to teenager this generation begins. When they age up to young adult, they get pregnant. When they have the baby they don't love it, they don't want it but they have to keep it. They neglect the child, only feeding and cleaning it. They just ignore the child and get on with their life. They don't have another child.

10pts for reaching the top of career
10pts for retiring
15pts for maxing skill
-25pts for having more than one kid (unless abducted)
-30pts for being friends, good friends or best friend with child after they age to child

GENERATION 6: INSANE PARENT

When the child reaches young adult, this generation begins. As they were neglected as a child, their parents never noticed how they weren't completely sane. They must have the traits Insane and Slob. They can have as many children as they want. They must get married and the husband/wife should do most of the housework and get a job.

10pts for retiring
15pts for maxing a skill
20pts for every marriage on lot
25pts for every marriage off lot
-25pts for not having the traits Insane and Slob
-30pts if they don't get married

GENERATION 7: KNOW-IT-ALL PARENT

When your chosen heir ages up to young adult, this generation begins. This sim is very clever and wishes to know all of the worlds secrets because their parent didn't try to learn anything. They have the traits Genius and Geek. They must max at least 3 skills and join the Scientist or Tech Guru career. They must marry a fellow geek. They can have 1 child for every two skills maxed.

10pts for maxing a skill
10pts for maxing career
35pts for maxing 3 skills
20pts for marriage on lot
25pts for marriage off lot
20pts for having baby on lot
25pts for having baby off lot
-20pts for dying without maxing 3 skills
-20pts for joining a career that isn't tech guru.
-25pts if marry someone who isn't a geek.

GENERATION 8: GETS AROUND PARENT

When your chosen heir ages up to young adult, this generation begins. Their parent had a very uninteresting love life, and they're determined not to have such a boring life. Their aspiration should be Serial Romantic. They must have at least 3 different children from different men/women, all of which that they have married.

10pts for every successful date
10pts for maxing career
10pts for maxing a skill
20pts for marriage on lot
25pts for marriage off lot
-20pts for having a more than one child with one particular spouse
-20pts for having less than 3 children
-20pts for different aspiration

GENERATION 9: HOPELESS ROMANTIC PARENT

When your chosen heir becomes a teenager, they can start their generation. They spent their childhood with their half-siblings, watching them go off with their other parent and going off with their own other parent. Not wanting the same separation for their children they decided that they would only marry their one true love. They must fall in love when they are a teenager (if there are no teenagers, you may download some from the gallery). They must then get married to their high school sweetheart as soon as they age to young adult and have a baby soon after they get married. They must have at least two children.

15pts for maxing a skill
25pts for marrying their high school soulmate
30pts for marrying their high school soulmate off home lot
-10pts for marrying someone they didn't meet at school
-25pts for having less than two children
-30pts for getting a divorce
-25pts for not getting married

GENERATION 10: MISS/MR PARENT OF THE WORLD (COMPLETELY BASED ON GET TOGETHER SO OPTIONAL)

When your chosen heir ages up to teenager, this generation begins. Listening to their parents stories about high school, they decided that they wouldn't let their whole life revolve around one other person. They want to be popular and be the leader of the most awesome club in school. When they age up to young adult, they decide that they don't want to just stop their club at high school, they want to be the leader of it forever. They keep gatherings regular.

10pts for starting a club
12pts for every club perk bought
12pts for every three friends made
20pts for building a special club lot
-20pts for not hosting a gathering every week
-50pts for deleting the club

GENERATION 10/11: SEASONAL PARENT (COMPLETELY BASED ON SEASONS SO OPTIONAL)

When your chosen heir ages up to young adult, this generation begins. They feel strongly connected to the weather and want to have a child in each season of the month to celebrate the different times of the year.

40pts for having four children from each season
-20pts for having a child in the same season as one of their other children
-40pts for not having four children from each season

GENERATION 10/11/12: PARENT OF A THING (BASED ON VAMPIRES AND GET TO WORK)

When your chosen heir ages up to young adult, this generation begins. They are obsessed and intrigued with all things other worldly, and spend all their time reading and watching and researching other beings. Their main goal in life is to meet beings different to themselves and become immersed in their world.

10pts for maxing the vampire skill
10pts for becoming a vampire
25pts for every child that is a vampire/alien
50pts if they have multiple children that are vampires, aliens and vampire-alien hybrids.
-25pts for every child that is a normal sim

LAST GENERATION: NOT A PARENT
When your chosen heir ages up, this generation begins. They can do anything in this generation except have children.

10pts for maxing a skill
10pts for maxing a career
10pts for retiring
20pts for every marriage on lot
25pts for marriage of lot
-50pts for every child born/adopted

--------------------------------------------------------Leader Board----------------------------------------------------------

@jbear812 - 272
@SmsMnc14 - 112 (still in progress)
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• dmama1314dmama1314 Posts: 262 Member
    This sounds neat. The pts for gen 1 are a little confusing. 2 pts for reaching level two of career, but I have to get to five. So I just get points for two? Also the -20 if has akid before/after reaching level two. I thought they can't have a kid til they reach level 5 so why would I lose 20 for having a kid after level 2?
  • Cookingpup99Cookingpup99 Posts: 443 Member
    edited November 2014
    @dowens13 Thanks for letting me know about that, I will edit it so it makes sense :) I copy and pasted my old parentcy challenge for TS3 and changed little bits and added more generations without reading through.

EDIT: I've changed it now, she has to get to level 2 rather than level 5.
  • carlimactcarlimact Posts: 766 Member
    This sounds fun! I can't wait to get started.
    @Carlimact Thanks :) I'm glad you like it!!!
  • aria_kingbloodaria_kingblood Posts: 11 New Member
    This sounds so interesting! I can't wait to finally start it and I'm going to begin my legacy challenge family too. I've put up a blog to keep people and myself in the loop. Will post videos to youtube.com soon too! So excited! *facepillow and screams*
    @aria_kingblood‌ *air high five* thank you sooo much :) :) Sorry for late reply. Make sure to post blog name I'd love to read it.
    edited December 2014
    @Cookingpup99 *air high fives back* I haven't posted anything on the Parentcy Challenge yet but there are a few posts on my main family (the one I started TS4 with) and one post on the Legacy challenge. The blog's name is aria-kingblood.blogspot.com and I'd appreciate it a lot of course if you took some time to read it! :D
    edited December 2014
    @aria_kingblood‌ I'll make sure to do so !!!

EDIT: I love the moustache mouse :)

EDIT: For some reason I can't comment on your legacy because I 'don't own this username' on WordPress which I do but I think it's great, can't wait to read some more. I've been doing my own legacy challenge legacy, at Gen 4, might finish when Gen 6 is born because it's dragging on a bit and I'd really like to get on with a different legacy.
    Post edited by Cookingpup99 on
    @Cookingpup99 I would really love to see your legacy for a change! :D
    Well, I'll try and fix that cause it might become a problem, and thanks! :)
    edited December 2014
    @aria_kingblood‌ This is the link to my blog: http://www.wolfysts4legacies.wordpress.com/ Thank you very much :) I don't think it's your blog that's the problem, I just think it's difficult logging in with wordpress on Blogspot.
    @Cookingpup99 Nice! Looking forward till you post more on your blog. The girl is beautiful btw! :)
    I suppose so, haha, that's fine then.
    edited January 2015
    @aria_kingblood‌ Thank you very much :) It's a shame I can't post any comments :(

EDIT: I've just read the Jacobs family post, their backstory is so cool, they sound like a cute couple too :)
    @Cookingpup99‌ Haha, thanks!
    Oh, and I read your blog too. The girl from the Kline family looks so gorgeous! :)
    I can't wait to read more.
  • SwimmyFishy107SwimmyFishy107 Posts: 7 New Member
    This sounds like an awesome challenge!! I just am confused on generation 4 parents since there isn't prom yet on the Sims 4 and you can't actually meet sims AT school. Should I just try to have them meet some teens around the town or am I allowed to create my own teens and put them in the town? Other than that I am totally going to start this today!! :)
    @aria_kingblood‌ Thank you so much! :) I downloaded her hair off of TSR but it shows up weird in game so I had to change it to a similar hairstyle that was already on it. I'm having a break from TS4 at the mo.

@SwimmyFishy107‌ I am so glad that you're going to try this out. Thank you for pointing that out, I updated this from the one I did for TS3 and did a quick skim through, I probably should have read it properly. I'm changing it now :)
    ;@Cookingpup99 No problem! Just wanted to make sure I was doing the challenge correctly! :)
    @SwimmyFishy107‌ Just finished editing it, I edited some of the other generations too because I found some problems with them. I'd love to hear how you're getting on with it.
    @cookingpup99 It is really fun! On the first generation sim now :)
    @SwimmyFishy107‌ That's great :) I'd love to see some pics of him/her.
    @cookingpup99 Sure! I've done a lot of playing but I got some pictures of her and her twin daughters, Candice and Camilla. I dont know how to send them to you, though.
    @SwimmyFishy107‌ It's so cool that your sim had twins :) Unfortunately you can't send me through any pictures because you're still a new member :( Maybe if you upload them to the gallery, I might be able to see them.
    @Cookingpup99 Ok! I will do that! They should be under the username I have on here :) How long does it take to become a member?
    By the way, once the first generation mom's kids are older, can she rejoin her career?
    @Cookingpup99‌ me too! Taking a break from TS4, currently nursing an orphaned newborn kitten so probably be playing back after another week or two.
  • JRBearJRBear Posts: 190 Member
    I like the look of this Legacy, and would like to try it out! Do you still have the link for the Sims 3 version as well? I've been going back and forth between the two games, I admit. They're still so different.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top