March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Parentcy Challenge

Comments

• SimslikeeeSimslikeee Posts: 188 Member
    jbear812 wrote: »
    I finally completed this challenge! It took me a couple weeks. It is my first legacy challenge that I've actually been able to finish. Very fun! This probably isn't a very good score, but i finished with 272 points. I get too excited about the next generation and stop working with the parents after awhile, so I missed a lot of max skill points. Also- as a fun addition in the 9th generation, I had my character marry and have kids with triplet brothers. It was pretty entertaining since they all lived together! LOL

Did you do it with short lifespan? It takes me a year or two to get to 10 gens of a family with the sims, if I play regularly.

a89288ef-cb73-4b64-b739-a5fc56944e13.jpg

Bring back realistic babies and toddlers!
    Check out my blog for my simming adventures!
    http://www.irishsimmer.wordpress.com
  • thisdisaster1111thisdisaster1111 Posts: 8 New Member
    This challenge is taking me a while! Does anyone else have like a mini website where they're posting their challenges? I do: www.obsessedwiththesims.com/challenges/ts4-parentcy-challenge/
  • AJroxs18AJroxs18 Posts: 311 Member
    This challenge is taking me a while! Does anyone else have like a mini website where they're posting their challenges? I do: www.obsessedwiththesims.com/challenges/ts4-parentcy-challenge/

I'm reading now on your website, I like it so far! I'm doing this challenge in video-form on my YouTube (link in my signature) and am liking it even more playing off-camera just for fun. :)
    >>>:Follow me on Origin and follow on the Gallery: @ AJroxs18:<<<
    I'm posting about my challenge on http://www.irishsimmer.wordpress.com

• Emma-LeeXOXOEmma-LeeXOXO Posts: 549 Member
    Starting this challenge!
    sMggKkh.png

• AJroxs18AJroxs18 Posts: 311 Member
    Simslikeee wrote: »

It's very good so far, I like your writing :)
    >>>:Follow me on Origin and follow on the Gallery: @ AJroxs18:<<<
    aj_4182 wrote: »
    Simslikeee wrote: »

It's very good so far, I like your writing :)

Thank you! It's all new to me, so I still have to pretty up the appearance of my blog and stuff.

• Bird166Bird166 Posts: 443 Member
    Loving this challenge, I have a question...
    I'm about to start generation 3, do I use the random trait generator? I can't remember what I did with Gen 2 and couldn't find info on the first page.
  • Cookingpup99Cookingpup99 Posts: 443 Member
    @Simslikeee Just checking it out now :) Thanks for trying it out.
    @jbear812 I'm glad you finished :) Well done. I started this challenge but didn't complete it because my game kept deleting itself and as much as I tried to get it back it was the wrong save and argh... so I just stopped. I might attempt again in the challenge a month thing I am doing. 272 is amazing :smiley: I'll start a leaderboard up. Must've been hard though LoL to keep an eye on all those sims!
    @Emma-LeeXOXO Let me know how you're doing and your final score so I can add you to the leaderboard!
    @thisdisaster1111 I'll just check it out after updating my blog and putting the leaderboard up. Thanks for having a go at it.
    @Bird166 No you don't have to use a random trait generator, traits are your choice.

Remember everyone, when you've completed it, tell me your score and I'll put it on the leaderboard.
    Lol! I totally haven't been keeping score. I've been playing for fun.
    Generation 4 Question...
    It says the heir can't make money from any hobbies...I have a garden with all perfect plants in it. Does this rule mean I can't sell the produce?
    I don't really want to get rid of the plants so are my options to keep all the produce in the fridge until the next generation, or the spouse does the gardening, or can I put the plants in the household inventory, I think that may be the best solution.
    Thoughts?

My Gen3 heir just became a child, but I like looking ahead. GREAT challenge I see myself actually finishing this one!! :)
    I finished my Generation 4! My total points are 148 so far. Mine is at obsessedwiththesims.com
    edited August 2015
    @thisdisaster1111 Don't worry about it LoL! I like the unique way you've written your blog. It's a good idea doing it in one chapter rather than lots for each generation. Good luck with Generation 5! Zach changes a lot through the generation! I actually thought he was someone else and had to backtrack :smiley:
    @Bird166 The heir cannot sell any of the produce as that would be an income, but if she/he harvests it and then you put it in the husband/wife's inventory and they sell it, thats fine.
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    This sounds pretty interesting, I think I'll give it a go at some point!
    @ThePlumbob Thanks :) Let me know how you get on when you get round to play it :)
  • lmia13lmia13 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2015
    This is an awesome Challenge! I'm in the 2nd Generation and my sim got pregnant with twins:)
    edited August 2015
    @lmia13 Thank you. Twins, wow :) Good luck deciding the heir out of twins, it's going to be hard.
  • Bashsync2015Bashsync2015 Posts: 228 Member
    I booked mark this to eventually start this challenge. And to tell you i am on the second generation now. Umm for the third generation do I have to sell my store that the second generation made?
    @Bashsync2015 You don't have to sell the shop but just don't open it for the duration of the generation so that they aren't making money from the shop.
    @lmia13 my second generation did too! i think i decided whoever reached the top of their career first would be the one who officially headed generation 3.
    @Cookingpup99 thats weird it kept deleting? do you think it was custom content or a faulty file?
  • pixieherbspixieherbs Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm loving this challenge! Currently on Gen 2, I'm having so much fun with it. Quick question though, when it says 15 points for maxing a skill, can you max multiple skills and get 15 points for each? Or is it a one time thing? Thanks :blush:
    edited August 2015
    @thisdisaster1111 I have no idea, it was quite annoying *sigh* And now I've had to completely restart my laptop so my current game is gone.
    @pixieherbs Thanks :) In answer to your question; You get 15pts for each skill you max :)
  • Katari15Katari15 Posts: 27 Member
    I don't remember if I commented on this yet, but I'm doing this challenge and I'm already on Gen 5 :) It's super fun and definitely more interesting than just the regular Legacy Challenge! I wish I could post pics cuz I've got some very funny moments from it xD
    Question, my Gen4 is about to turn into a teen. Can her Mom the Painter Parent still make money selling her paintings? Only my Gen4 can't directly make an income right?

@kataria Thank you :) When you become a member, feel free to post the pictures here, I love to see how everyone is doing.
    @Bird166 The rules for the generations only correspond to the heir for the generations unless otherwise noted :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top