March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Parentcy Challenge

1789101113...Next

Comments

• Persefona711Persefona711 Posts: 356 Member
    @Valpre1983 Hi, I think that alien abduction is optional and you can have a baby as a male sim also naturally.

Kimmie and Kismet are cute. :smiley:
    qbDPpCu.jpg
  • Valpre1983Valpre1983 Posts: 889 Member
    @Valpre1983 Hi, I think that alien abduction is optional and you can have a baby as a male sim also naturally.

Kimmie and Kismet are cute. :smiley:

@Persefona711 thanks for your response. Turns out I was stressing for nothing. After working on my generation 5 heir's logic skill, the alien abduction happened almost immediately. Thanks for your sweet comment on Kimmie and Kismet. Kismet is actually Killian's half alien baby.

the-wilds2-1.jpg
  • Cookingpup99Cookingpup99 Posts: 443 Member
    edited May 2020
    is there gonna be a update to this challenge for the new Mermaids and Spellcasters or are you holding back on updates ?

Hi, sorry this is a bit late. Due to the fact I don't often come on here and also because I don't have much time, I probably won't be updating further. However, due to the current situation, and if people want it, I'll update it to be inclusive of the new expansion packs.
    Valpre1983 wrote: »

Hello, I'm currently on Generation 5, my teen heir is about to age up and I'm just not clear about the alien abduction part. If he doesn't get abducted and fall pregnant, can he have a baby any other (traditional) way, like with a girlfriend/romantic interest, or must it be an alien abduction baby for male sims?

As long as he falls pregnant that's okay - I should update that now that it is possible to make male sims get pregnant too, thank you for bringing it up!

• ChickenstripsChickenstrips Posts: 1 New Member
    On the first gen is she allowed to keep her job until she has the baby? Or does she have to quit as soon as she gets pregnant?
  • Sophie33668Sophie33668 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey! This seems like a great challenge. I'm just wondering what life span you should be on?😁
  • k0brak0bra Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm about to begin this challenge! I hope I have the persistence to complete it!
  • ArA_ReaganArA_Reagan Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey @Cookingpup99 could update this challenge to add all the new packs that we have in 2020. It would be awesome to have a generation that uses mermaids and spell casters. Or an aspiring actor sim.
  • Tabbie88Tabbie88 Posts: 24 Member
    On the first gen is she allowed to keep her job until she has the baby? Or does she have to quit as soon as she gets pregnant?

After I found out she was pregnant, I let her use up all her vacation time before making her quit. She never physically went back to work, but I figured I could use that money since she was about to be jobless with a child. LoL.

@Cookingpup99 Yeeessss!! Please update! I've enjoyed playing this challenge and would like to see what the new EP packs can bring to the challenge.
  • AmaraKerstenAmaraKersten Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi guys I am currently doing the sims 4 parentcy challenge and i am loving it so far i am still on gen 1 but about to be on gen 2 once she is done being a toddler child and teen, wish me the best of luck!
  • MionaxMionax Posts: 287 Member
    Hi guys I am currently doing the sims 4 parentcy challenge and i am loving it so far i am still on gen 1 but about to be on gen 2 once she is done being a toddler child and teen, wish me the best of luck!

You can do it!
    Origin ID:Mionax
    Origin #: madebymionax
  • MionaxMionax Posts: 287 Member
    edited July 2020
    :)
    Riley Mayfield - Founder
    07-28-20_12-52-13_AM.png
    Origin ID:Mionax
    Origin #: madebymionax
  • CharlottttttteCharlottttttte Posts: 1 New Member
    I started the challenge if anyone is interested at looking at my blog :))
    https://www.tumblr.com/blog/view/stanton-parentcy-challenge
    It's not very good I just uplod sc no editing with captions and a bit of storytelling.
    @ArA_Reagan @Tabbie88 I'll get working on one tomorrow :)
    Hey! This seems like a great challenge. I'm just wondering what life span you should be on?😁

Whichever one you would like although I'd usually opt for normal and I'd say if you're going to count points probably stick to normal.

Thank you to everyone for continuing to play this challenge and making stories out of it, it makes my day - I'm sorry I'm not more active on here!

• olivia12345678889olivia12345678889 Posts: 1 New Member
    hi my i just started and i'm loving it so far my gen to sim is a teen i was wondering if i could send her to university
  • SavvySimmer0617SavvySimmer0617 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey! So I really like your post and I was just wondering if you could explain the points system to me a little more?
  • whosrayanywaywhosrayanyway Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi! I'm trying to get the record and I see at the bottom you have the record and someone else that says it's in progress, I'd like to have my name there too because I'm really trying haha
  • whosrayanywaywhosrayanyway Posts: 2 New Member
    I notice for some it'll say "20 pts for EVERY marriage on lot" but then "25 pts for marriage off lot" so is it just universal that you get 20 or 25 pts every time you get married, or can you only get those points once in a generation and those every's were just mistakes?
  • CaleSimsCaleSims Posts: 196 Member
    I'm thinking of restarting this challenge, cause I failed on Generation 4 and my sim Derek (from his one night stands) had 4 children 😬 I ended up deleting two of them, cause MCC had most of his one night stands fall pregant and his ex girlfriends as well. Then when he settled down an married his final lover, they had three children. 😬 So yeah, that's turned into a random legacy and i'm restarting. 😂
    tumblr_inline_myy9221NKN1rkh0l2.gif
  • Jas_AppleturnJas_Appleturn Posts: 15 Member
    Sounds like fun :smile:
    Hi guys, sorry I haven't replied for ages! I really don't check this very often anymore as I kind of fell out of love with the sims 4 and when I do play I play the sims 3 now.
    Hi! I'm trying to get the record and I see at the bottom you have the record and someone else that says it's in progress, I'd like to have my name there too because I'm really trying haha

I'm more than happy to put your name there! Let me know how many points you are on (if you still play) and I'll put you up there :D
    I notice for some it'll say "20 pts for EVERY marriage on lot" but then "25 pts for marriage off lot" so is it just universal that you get 20 or 25 pts every time you get married, or can you only get those points once in a generation and those every's were just mistakes?

This is for every marriage! As you may have other children that get married etc :)
    Hey! So I really like your post and I was just wondering if you could explain the points system to me a little more?

Yeah sure (if still relevant)! What would you like explaining? :)
    CaleSims wrote: »
    I'm thinking of restarting this challenge, cause I failed on Generation 4 and my sim Derek (from his one night stands) had 4 children 😬 I ended up deleting two of them, cause MCC had most of his one night stands fall pregant and his ex girlfriends as well. Then when he settled down an married his final lover, they had three children. 😬 So yeah, that's turned into a random legacy and i'm restarting. 😂

Sounds chaotic :D Good luck on this run!
    UPDATE: I've removed the no adoption rule and changed the points system. Going through it again now having grown up since I created this challenge, I realise a lot of the 'storylines' and pointing system was built on a very naive and stereotypical viewpoint of different parenting styles and relationships so I've tried to change them to allow more flexibility in the way you chose to play/tell each parent's storyline. If there's anything you feel needs changing to be more appropriate, please let me know and I will change it as soon as I see the comment.
  • ekeimyekeimy Posts: 1 New Member
    @Cookingpup99 I'm on generation 3 and have been following the old rules. Is there any way to still access them so I don't have to start the challenge all over again? Or should I just follow the new rules from now on? I've already gained points for achievements no longer listed on the new rule system.
  • andyandysimsandyandysims Posts: 7 New Member
    I started this challenge a few days ago! Really excited. I made it so that my Sims have a long lifespan - I feel that this gives me enough time to work towards certain things even when I'm not actively pursuing a challenge. My first gen Sherry Hastings is a proud single mother of her toddler Lucia. She's a painter and is becoming quite famous for her art. Can't wait for Lucia to start her generation!
  • MossyMeowMossyMeow Posts: 54 Member
    This seems like an interesting challenge! I always find the more scenario/story-based ones to be especially interesting. I’m considering starting one with an ISBI twist, which would really put the focus on the parenting aspect, since I wouldn’t be able to control the child, though if there’s any other adults, I’d probably let myself control them as well.
  • pameler417pameler417 Posts: 51 Member
    I'm going to start this right now!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top